Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BazookaFiero:

Where would they be landing? If it is in minneapolis, maybe 1984whitesc could pick them up and give them a ride if needed. If it were closer to me, I could give them a ride as well. Just trying to help :P

Dave

I could possibly give a ride. It might be a tight fit though. I might have one other person interested in helping out. uhm. Just let me know when. I know the air port like the back of my hand.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

IP: Logged
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: 11/2/09

It looks like a build day/weekend is shaping up for the weekend of the 21st. Right now I have an email to Tyler's family, and a PM to Tyler to make sure that weekend will be okay for them. I am waiting for a response back. I also have sent my second email to the Fiero Store now, and am still waiting for a response to see if they will help us out with the fascia. We'll see if they step up or not.

A question has been raised about where members flying in would stay. If there is anyone who would be willing to put up a few members, please let me know, and I will put you in contact with them. Or if someone could do a little research for me on what lodging is available nearby for the members to stay at a decent rate, that would be really helpful.

I also want to publicly thank all of you for stepping up to help Tyler. I know him as little as all of you do, but I want to see this young man sit in a nice running, nice looking Fiero. And I am not going to stop on this until that goal is achieved. Thank you all!

Andy

************************************************************************************************************************************
EDIT: I also want to reiterate that BazookaFiero has offered to have all of the parts to ship to him. If you have parts to be shipped for Tyler, please send me a PM so I can forward Bazooka's mailing address to you.
************************************************************************************************************************************

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 11-02-2009).]

VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for any days needed.

I am an auto mechanic here and own a Fiero, so I know my way around cars.

I am also a friend of Lynxer (Nick`s)

I live just over an hour away from Tyler and Nick.

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 11-02-2009).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

UPDATE: 11/2/09

It looks like a build day/weekend is shaping up for the weekend of the 21st. Right now I have an email to Tyler's family, and a PM to Tyler to make sure that weekend will be okay for them. I am waiting for a response back. I also have sent my second email to the Fiero Store now, and am still waiting for a response to see if they will help us out with the fascia. We'll see if they step up or not.

A question has been raised about where members flying in would stay. If there is anyone who would be willing to put up a few members, please let me know, and I will put you in contact with them. Or if someone could do a little research for me on what lodging is available nearby for the members to stay at a decent rate, that would be really helpful.

Will they be landing in Minneapolis? Are we talking for this Nov 21st weekend or later?
I live too far south of Minneapolis for it to be effective, but in Minneapolis there are many hotels. Along interstate 94 there are hotels as well.
To stay up by Frazzee , in Detroit Lakes not far from Frazee, are many hotels, here is a link:
http://www.bing.com/local/d...20lakes%20mn%20hotel
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What does Tyler have for Tuneage in his Fiero?
I have a nice Alpine CDA-9851 unit (MP3, Motorized Tilt Face and whatnot) to put in..
If someone wants to donate funds for speakers, and maybe a four channel amp, I could do a nice install for him. I would need the appropriate power and audio cabling.

I could even build a quick sub box for under the dash. Give him a rocking system with a 4 channel and dual or single channel sub amp, or a 5 channel amp.

Anyone want to donate to the cause for that? Not as nice as making it 100% functional, but would be a nice upgrade.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-02-2009).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

What does Tyler have for Tuneage in his Fiero?
I have a nice Alpine CDA-9851 unit (MP3, Motorized Tilt Face and whatnot) to put in..
If someone wants to donate funds for speakers, and maybe a four channel amp, I could do a nice install for him. I would need the appropriate power and audio cabling.

I could even build a quick sub box for under the dash. Give him a rocking system with a 4 channel and dual or single channel sub amp, or a 5 channel amp.

Anyone want to donate to the cause for that? Not as nice as making it 100% functional, but would be a nice upgrade.

Ill talk to a buddy of mine to see what i can do about getting him speekers. I have a good friend who owns an audio shop around here. Ill bring the stuff with me if i can fly out.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Ill talk to a buddy of mine to see what i can do about getting him speekers. I have a good friend who owns an audio shop around here. Ill bring the stuff with me if i can fly out.

Sweet. Being a GT, it has the 4x10s in the dash, and the 4x6s in the B-Pillars. If at all possible, I'd love to set him up with some good quality tunes. The Alpine I have wasn't cheap when it came out, and other than a minor scratch on the faceplate, is in great condition and was only installed for a few months.

Not trying to be picky, but if I can amp this for him with a good 8 inch sub, we could really rock it out.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Ok, I was just contacted Barbie Porter, from local News Paper, Frazee-Vergas Forum. They had done a story about his situation a couple of weeks back, but knew nothing at all of the "Fiero Project". She was very excited to do a story on how everyone is coming together to help. I gathered all the known info from both threads, as well as info from the email I received from Andy. I also gave her Andy's (Forum Coordinator) email address, as well as Nick's (Local coordinator).

Hopefully this will draw more attention to the cause, and bolster some more people to help.

Ok, the seats are covered! (Sorry... baaaddd. punn) I just got off the phone a few minutes ago with Mr. Mike. He said he would gladly help for such a worthy cause!
I realize these are covers, but they are MR. MIKE'S COVERS For anyone new here, not familiar with Mr. Mike's seat covers, here is just one of the many style's and color combination's available:

When they are installed, the seats look like the were upholstered in a factory. I personally feel this is a better option that seats from another donor car, as no matter how good of shape they may be in, the material is still 23 years old. That and just the fact of trying to get 2 seats shipped in is a shipping nightmare. Lastly, there are so many styles and color combination to choose from for a real customized look.

I guess what is needed now, is what color and style seat covers to use.

@Nick Have a look at this page, and try to come up with something: http://www.mrmikes.com/fierosports.htm

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-02-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We could add a bit to the seats..

How about we "upgrade" his seats to Speaker seats, and eliminate the 4x6s in the B-Pillars. Then, while the seats are apart for upholstery, we can swap in some good quality 4" speakers... Something that will last a while yet.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys thatnk you for all the replies this is getting exciting! I am going out to Tyler's house right now to get pics (been in school all day so far didnt have time over lunch to go out there) Pics will be up by 6:00 tonight

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!

Nick
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

Hey guys thatnk you for all the replies this is getting exciting! I am going out to Tyler's house right now to get pics (been in school all day so far didnt have time over lunch to go out there) Pics will be up by 6:00 tonight

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!

Nick

Good.

Get photos under the front hood for me (Headlight motors and whatnot), interior radio/HVAC area, seats, center console, headliner...
Does it have power locks? Power trunk release? I would assume yes, as it is a GT.

Get a photo of the rear glass as well. I need to know if it is a rear defrost or not.

Frazee Auto Body and Glass has agreed to install the rear window and urethane it into place for us.

EDIT: Karen from Frazee Glass called me back. She spoke with the owner of the shop, Dave, and he has agreed to donate all labor and materials in order to install a new rear window in Tyler's car. We need to provide the rear glass, and he will put it in. We just have to let them know in advance as the install will take approximately three hours.

Frazee Auto Body & Glass
www.frazeecity.com - (218) 334-6161

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweet. Being a GT, it has the 4x10s in the dash, and the 4x6s in the B-Pillars. If at all possible, I'd love to set him up with some good quality tunes. The Alpine I have wasn't cheap when it came out, and other than a minor scratch on the faceplate, is in great condition and was only installed for a few months.

Not trying to be picky, but if I can amp this for him with a good 8 inch sub, we could really rock it out.

You speek my language when it comes to car audio dude. I have alpine in all my cars except for the speekers in my fiero.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

We could add a bit to the seats..

How about we "upgrade" his seats to Speaker seats, and eliminate the 4x6s in the B-Pillars. Then, while the seats are apart for upholstery, we can swap in some good quality 4" speakers... Something that will last a while yet.

I always found that the speekers in the b pillers made it sound better with the seat speekers. I have this setup in my GT.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

UPDATE:

Ok, I was just contacted Barbie Porter, from local News Paper, Frazee-Vergas Forum. They had done a story about his situation a couple of weeks back, but knew nothing at all of the "Fiero Project". She was very excited to do a story on how everyone is coming together to help. I gathered all the known info from both threads, as well as info from the email I received from Andy. I also gave her Andy's (Forum Coordinator) email address, as well as Nick's (Local coordinator).

Hopefully this will draw more attention to the cause, and bolster some more people to help.

Ok, the seats are covered! (Sorry... baaaddd. punn) I just got off the phone a few minutes ago with Mr. Mike. He said he would gladly help for such a worthy cause!
I realize these are covers, but they are MR. MIKE'S COVERS For anyone new here, not familiar with Mr. Mike's seat covers, here is just one of the many style's and color combination's available:

When they are installed, the seats look like the were upholstered in a factory. I personally feel this is a better option that seats from another donor car, as no matter how good of shape they may be in, the material is still 23 years old. That and just the fact of trying to get 2 seats shipped in is a shipping nightmare. Lastly, there are so many styles and color combination to choose from for a real customized look.

I guess what is needed now, is what color and style seat covers to use.

@Nick Have a look at this page, and try to come up with something: http://www.mrmikes.com/fierosports.htm

I want them mmmm very nice

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I always found that the speekers in the b pillers made it sound better with the seat speekers. I have this setup in my GT.

In my case, the B-Pillar speakers fire directly into my ears. Especially the left side. Sounds horribly unbalanced, and very harsh on the ears.

I have the seat speakers now, and absolutely LOVE them...

In addition, the Come-on-In hotel a few miles outside of Frazee has agreed to a "Group buy" on double bed rooms for people wanting to help out with this.

I spoke with Jackie there, and she agreed to knock the price from 109 a night to 77 a night for anyone looking to participate in the Fiero event.

I specifically asked about the November 20/21/22 weekend (as I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread). She says they are normally not busy then.

What do you guys/gals say?
I need a list of people willing to head up there for that weekend to see what kind of damage we can do. Once I know how many people will be going up, we can call Jackie and get some reservations set.

I am willing to share a room.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
If I had a headliner, seat skins, and the necessary car audio supplies, I could do the interior updates/repairs in a day, or less. Anyone want to step up on these?
In addition, I am really amped (pun intended) to be able to toss a decent sound system in this car for Tyler..

While not required, my goal is a set of front components (5 1/4), rear 4" speakers for the seats, or 4" speaker plates for the B-Pillars (again, I personally prefer the speaker seats, but the B-Pillars will work), and an 8 or 10" subwoofer in the passenger side under the dash. I can build the sub box, just like mine. It will fit in the stock opening, and be carpeted, hanging down in the front of the dash a small amount.

I'd also need a 4 channel amp for the main speakers, and a single or bridgeable amp for the subs. Wiring, blocks and all. I can provide the Alpine head unit, but can't provide much more than that due to my own finances.
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, this is really coming together! Exciting!

Sound system, Mr. Mikes seats, new body panels... he's gonna have one NICE Fiero after this
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We could laso rewrap his headliner in like say a grey vinyl or somthing. Give the interior that extra omph. Now heres the other question. How are we going to go abot painting this car with the new nose and side skirts?
BazookaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We could laso rewrap his headliner in like say a grey vinyl or somthing. Give the interior that extra omph. Now heres the other question. How are we going to go abot painting this car with the new nose and side skirts?

Rattle can. primer Black. But only the front half!

That's a good question, though. I guess if time is a big factor, it might have to be something a bit less than perfect. Maybe somebody has all the tools to do a good paintjob and can bring them with? With all of us there, we could tape off the car and a garage in minutes!
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to contact a friend of mine near by that has a Body Shop.

I`m guessing he will help out with Labor, if we supply the parts.

I will call him when I get off work tonight.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got back from Tyler's place and I am uploading pictures now. The car is actually in better shape than what we have anticipated. It still needs work, but Tyler has done work to it since the last time I saw it.

He does have the side skirts on the Passenger side (need to be painted)

The back windo is NOT broken (but the windsheild is cracked)

The drivers side "fastback" window is cracked (that is what tyler was talking about) It is absolutly great Frazee glass is stepping up to help!!!! We will need them for the windsheild

The interior is dirty, but ok

The headliner looks/feels worthy to be re wrapped

The dash has a little chunk eaten out of it. Not sure what to do there (see pics)

The motor did fire up, but does have a miss as we have talked about

Needs windsheild wiper

Front bumper (a little beyond fixing as it isn't just cracked, because it is sagging from being left broken and really just needs to be replaced)

Rear spoiler needs to be re painted

rear tail light lens needs to be replaced

carpet is in rough shape, but with some good shampooing and a set of floor mats it should be fine

More will come to me as I look at the pictures again, but that is what I have for now boyz!

more pics coming.......

PFF
System Bot
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could supply the upper intake gaskets when we replace the injectors.
White Spyder

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White SpyderSend a Private Message to White SpyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a car for needed parts. Let me know what is needed and if I do not need it to finish my stroker build, I'll donate.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dosent look as bad as i had pictured. I think this is somthin we could tackel pretty easley. Ill see what i can possabley do about 1/4 windows. I can also install the windshield.
And i cal also pull that whole interior out in about an hour and clean everything up. I need to see what is going to happen with this dashboard i have as i have already promised it to a friend of mine but if he does not need it i will gladley bring it with me and install it.

I might also be able to supply the taillight not to sure which side is good havent seen them since my last inspection.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-02-2009).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All,

Pre-booked family plans prevent me from particapating on the re-build, but I would be willing to donate a dash and trunk carpet. The carpet has a paint spot along the bottom but is a lot cleaner and better condition then the oil stained one in the picture.

I would need someone to pickup. Anybody flying in would be 3 to 4 freeway miles out of the way on the way up to Frazee.

Jeff
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BazookaFiero:

Rattle can. primer Black. But only the front half!

That's a good question, though. I guess if time is a big factor, it might have to be something a bit less than perfect. Maybe somebody has all the tools to do a good paintjob and can bring them with? With all of us there, we could tape off the car and a garage in minutes!

Haha if you wana rattel can it give me a few beers and ill go to town with it . j/k well have to see whats up with it. Hopefuly the front bumper comes already painted. dmanit it just to think 6 months ago i had a perfect white GT front

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

You had better bring that trans am in your photo while were ther I to am a firebird owner.

lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You had better bring that trans am in your photo while were ther I to am a firebird owner.

Depends on how much snow is on the ground. Mom bought it brand new its never seen snow. I promised it never would when I got it.

Things are Rolling together guys!!!!

I am having a little snag on a place to work on the car. I am sure I will figure something out, but the one shop I was hoping we could use is really busy right now....

I'll keep truckin though!!!! If it comes down to it I can pull some stuff out of my garage and plug in the Nipco, but I am confident I will find something more suitable.

Thank you guys!

Nick
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple of parts available I will go to the garage tomorrow and see what is in good shape to remove and ship to you guys... have this available to send to you to fill that empty hole ...

Let me know if you want it will send it with wires and pinout diagram ... it is a little scratched on the front but beleive me it does NOT affect in any way the sound quality

------------------

The Black Widow Site

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-02-2009).]

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Depends on how much snow is on the ground. Mom bought it brand new its never seen snow. I promised it never would when I got it.

Things are Rolling together guys!!!!

I am having a little snag on a place to work on the car. I am sure I will figure something out, but the one shop I was hoping we could use is really busy right now....

I'll keep truckin though!!!! If it comes down to it I can pull some stuff out of my garage and plug in the Nipco, but I am confident I will find something more suitable.

Thank you guys!

Nick

Hey, using your garage would be SWEET.

Dave could make us his Famous Chilie and Brats !!!

I could bring my Knipco and we could have them in stereo.

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I have a couple of parts available I will go to the garage tomorrow and see what is in good shape to remove and ship to you guys... have this available to send to you to fill that empty hole ...

Let me know if you want it will send it with wires and pinout diagram ... it is a little scratched on the front but beleive me it does NOT affect in any way the sound quality

You are welcome to send that one if you would like, but I have already agreed to donate my Alpine CDA-9851 MP3/WMA/CD player that is collecting dust.
Kudos though for your willingness to share!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis --- ok I will find something else to send ....

------------------

The Black Widow Site

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Synthesis --- ok I will find something else to send ....

We are looking for speakers, maybe an amplifier to round out the sound system. I don't know what Tyler listens to, but I want to install a good quality system that has the ability to rock him out of the car...

In my car, I have 6 1/2" in the doors, with tweeters in the dash. And a 10" sub mounted in the stock sub location. I am powering everything with a dedicated amplifier...
I'd love to set Tyler up with some 5 1/4" in the dash, or possible some quality Kenwood 4x10s that I can amp. Upgrade the rear 4x6" speakers with some 4" plates, and amp those as well, or install speaker seats and upgrade those speakers to 4" matched sets on an amp.

I can build a sub box in a short period of time, and carpet it to mount in the stock location, just like my setup. It would be perfect for an 8" with a dedicated amp.

I can find Amps on Craigslist all day long for good prices, I just don't have the funds to jump on some of them.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are looking for speakers, maybe an amplifier to round out the sound system. I don't know what Tyler listens to, but I want to install a good quality system that has the ability to rock him out of the car...

In my car, I have 6 1/2" in the doors, with tweeters in the dash. And a 10" sub mounted in the stock sub location. I am powering everything with a dedicated amplifier...
I'd love to set Tyler up with some 5 1/4" in the dash, or possible some quality Kenwood 4x10s that I can amp. Upgrade the rear 4x6" speakers with some 4" plates, and amp those as well, or install speaker seats and upgrade those speakers to 4" matched sets on an amp.

I can build a sub box in a short period of time, and carpet it to mount in the stock location, just like my setup. It would be perfect for an 8" with a dedicated amp.

I can find Amps on Craigslist all day long for good prices, I just don't have the funds to jump on some of them.

Its one of thies cheap pepboys deal 12inch subwoffer set but i have 2 12's and an amp we can use.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its one of thies cheap pepboys deal 12inch subwoffer set but i have 2 12's and an amp we can use.

The amp would be great.. Get me the make/model number, and I can work it into the config I have in mind.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a working boozka tube with a built in amp. I can post pics if needed. Its in my 84 and have gotten used to my 10's.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!! You guys have really took the ball and rolled with it! John, that is excellent news from Mr. Mike! I feel so helpless over here and that I can't even get the Fiero Store to respond back to my emails. I'm getting kind of dissapointed. I am also sending the Fiero Warehouse an email to see if maybe they would be willing to donate a set of GT Fastback quarter windows for Tyler. I will let you know their response. Synthesis, thank you also for getting that body shop to chip in, and the work on the hotel! Excellent news! If I could ask, someone please take plenty of pictures so I can see how this goes. As it looks right now, my wife and I, as well as katatak will be flying out there shortly after I get home in January, and we can perform some work there as well. This is going way better and faster than I expected. I can't wait to see the look on Tyler's face when he drives this awesome car around after the work is complete. Thank you to everyone who has stepped up to this.

Andy
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No thank you. It amazes me there are still good people in the world.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Parts list on page 1 updated! Thanks, Anthony!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock