Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130692 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The most recent journal post on Tyler's Caring Bridge site. AWESOME!

Good morning,

Things continue to be going good here at home. Tyler has been doing really well with no pain and eating a little all the time. He did get sick twice, but that was more related to coughing and hiccuping than nausea. He didn't get out of bed yesterday but that was more due to a steady stream of activities versus just not wanting to. His cousin Kari came over for movies and he also had Nate and Joe over last night for movies... they watched Saw. I went to bed We also had friends of ours stop over, many phone calls, and a hospice nurse. I fell asleep on the couch... you would think I actually DID something yesterday. Friends of ours, Barry and Tracy, brough Tyler a case for his Greenbay football. How cool is that!?! That and his jersey are the first things he wakes up to in the morning and last thing he sees when he snoozes off to sleep.

The Fiero project continues to get bigger and bigger. http://www.tylerstoy.com/menupage.html

The amount of support for this is more than I can wrap my mind around. He talks about this constantly, is checking the internet all day long, and is so excited. What a fabulous bunch of guys to make Tyler's dream come true. I can't put a price on what you have done for him or what it means to us as parents to see him sparkle. He thinks about this all day long in anticipation of the next news, the next post, the next text message.

I guess I am speaking to the senior class today. I really don't know what I am going to say. I have been trying to think of the right words all night and I got nada. I am a better writer than a speaker, so let's just hope I don't fall down... I would consider this a success if that didn't happen

Edit: I own page 15. That makes three this thread.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-06-2009).]

IP: Logged
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by Fosgatecavy98:

Hey guys I am still working with Andy on the details of it all,

But at this point I am in need of someone to pick me up from the airport and I am looking for a couch or something to crash on while the project is going on.

Also I do not know if this has been suggested but what about new tires on the car? Tirerack or another website maybe willing to wrap his wheels in new rubber?

-Dan
aka EcotecFiero Fosgatecavy98

Which airport?
2.5fierose

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 136
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys i love the t shirt it looks really sweet and i do wear a medium and also could i get a couple more for my brother (small) and (medium) for when hes older and my dad wears (XL) if thats not to much ill pay for them to if you want thanks guys

Tyler Shipman
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey tyler. I don't know how much the shirts but I'm sure you will get hooked up.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tyler,

I just wanted to say that my wife and I are pulling for you, buddy. I'm so glad the forum could make this happen for you, and I only hope it puts a smile on your face every time you think of what your car is going to look like when it's done. I'm sorry I can't be there for your build weekend, but my wife and I are planning to fly out in January with katatak when I return home from Iraq. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Andy
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have updated the front and back images for the shirts...

Front

Back

Tyler, you'll be covered on the shirts.
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Acctually In frazee for having shirt for sail, The lil gas station called all-n-all would be the best place to have them for sale...
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a short expression of how I feel today. Dedicated to all fiero lovers, especially Tyler.

FLY AGAIN

So many miles have come and gone
Through rainy days and sunny skies
Motor singing like a song

The engine roars and music plays
To feel like this just can't be wrong

Dust has fallen, beat has slowed
The body's worn, buttons stick
Through all the years still I know,
Together we will fly again
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguy123

1523 posts
Member since Sep 2009
The fiero store just donated 15 more embroidered hats!!! Thank you mark!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok i have some news on my local audio shop. They cant donate anything because of rough times but they will get us anything we need at cost to them. This guy deals in some real high end stuff (fusion, m matts, high enf visonic, alpine, etc) let me know if this works for you guys.
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can someone post and updated list of parts still needed? Thank You
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I've corrected the Internet Explorer and CE mobile issues ... can anyone check and report any other issues THX....................now for the spelling hehehehe Synthesis send me your email
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flash+blackberry=
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

can someone post and updated list of parts still needed? Thank You

See page 1 original post.
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Antuzzi, PM sent
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How good is the RIGHT side taillight ? Is it really nice and shiny? Reason I ask is, I have a left side but it is haze and has the internal peeling.

Here is a pic. I dont want to provide a bad part compared to a part it is sitting next to on the car.Its the only left side taillight I have however.

http://www.fastfieros.com
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen this thread for a couple of days, and now I am in tears. I wish I was there to help you all to help this young man. However, that isn't possible. Ellie just came to me and asked why I had tears running down my cheeks, so I showed her this thread.
We don't have much, especially now Ellie's work has finished, but she just turned to me and said ' we have 50 euros in the Bank account, so we must send it to help'.
Where do we send it to? By Paypal, I guess. I just hope it is enough to make a little difference amongst all the incredible generosity and downright humanity and kindness which has been aroused once again in PFF.
God Bless you , and Tyler and his Family and friends too.

I guess I will just check back in the thread and find the Paypal address somewhere

God Bless you Tyler. Prayers and good wishes are coming to you from Spain.

Ellie and Nick Cann
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about taping it off and painting it. I saw someone did that. I will try to find the thread....
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

I haven't seen this thread for a couple of days, and now I am in tears. I wish I was there to help you all to help this young man. However, that isn't possible. Ellie just came to me and asked why I had tears running down my cheeks, so I showed her this thread.
We don't have much, especially now Ellie's work has finished, but she just turned to me and said ' we have 50 euros in the Bank account, so we must send it to help'.
Where do we send it to? By Paypal, I guess. I just hope it is enough to make a little difference amongst all the incredible generosity and downright humanity and kindness which has been aroused once again in PFF.

I guess I will just check back in the thread and find the Paypal address somewhere

Ellie and Nick Cann

Paypal address first post page one.

Its just like Christmas .. its the thought behind the gift, not the gift.

Loyde
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Ellie and Nick Cann

Nick and Ellie.. Thank you both for your willingness to donate. Please don't put yourselves under any undue hardship for this project, as we have received a huge amount of support and donations for it. You are welcome to give though, donations are being accepted at synssins@yahoo.com for Paypal.

Thank you, you both are well liked by many, and loved by more.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by FastFieros:

Paypal address first post page one.

Its just like Christmas .. its the thought behind the gift, not the gift.

Loyde

I agree. It is the thought, and not the gift that matters.
PFF
System Bot
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK I just touched base with some of the alumni and the senior class. Tyler's mom came and talked to them and was amazing...don't worry Tyler, there was no tripping or stories about you The alumni and class of 2010 are going to work together for the shirts. Any way we could change the one line on the shirts from the Frazee senior class to maybe Frazee Class of 2010 and add Frazee Alumni? If not don't worry about it, no biggie, they aren't doing it for the recognition The class of 2010 would also like to be your official "greeters" if anything gets planned for Friday and maybe share some stories about Tyler and make you feel welcomed. They just want to say thank you for taking such good care of one of theirs.
bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Andy,
Thanks for getting this all started. I sent money via Paypal. I have a question on the parts needed. When you say surround for HVAC and AC, do you mean the front bezel plate, or do you mean the structural surround that the radio mounts into. I have a full set of bezels from an 86 SE (speedo, aux guages, radio). Let me know if you need them.
Jim
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bowrapennocks:

Andy,
Thanks for getting this all started. I sent money via Paypal. I have a question on the parts needed. When you say surround for HVAC and AC, do you mean the front bezel plate, or do you mean the structural surround that the radio mounts into. I have a full set of bezels from an 86 SE (speedo, aux guages, radio). Let me know if you need them.
Jim

The trim bezel surround. If you have a full set, that would allow us to match everything. Awesome!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the cheapest hotel in frazee? I don't really care if its a run down building that's held together with duct tape. As long as its cheap.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wakejul:

OK I just touched base with some of the alumni and the senior class. Tyler's mom came and talked to them and was amazing...don't worry Tyler, there was no tripping or stories about you The alumni and class of 2010 are going to work together for the shirts. Any way we could change the one line on the shirts from the Frazee senior class to maybe Frazee Class of 2010 and add Frazee Alumni? If not don't worry about it, no biggie, they aren't doing it for the recognition The class of 2010 would also like to be your official "greeters" if anything gets planned for Friday and maybe share some stories about Tyler and make you feel welcomed. They just want to say thank you for taking such good care of one of theirs.

Yes, I will update the text for the shirts, I have to correct things on it anyway.
I emailed Cole at Zorbaz in Detroit Lakes, and I am hoping to hear back from him. He was supposed to have been in today.
If anyone would like to follow up with him, that would be great.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

What is the cheapest hotel in frazee? I don't really care if its a run down building that's held together with duct tape. As long as its cheap.

Budget Host Inn just outside of town. 52 a night for a single bed, 55 a night for a double. Add tax to those.
The double bed room, if split, would give you 30 a night.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Noresman Motors! The Fiero is all done, but a little wet so they are going to let it dry tonight and I am going to pick it up in the morning!!!! Now I will call Frazee Auto Body and see when they want me to bring it out there. If they aren't ready for it yet I will just wait and put it in my garage until the glass gets here.

Nick
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

Just got off the phone with Noresman Motors! The Fiero is all done, but a little wet so they are going to let it dry tonight and I am going to pick it up in the morning!!!! Now I will call Frazee Auto Body and see when they want me to bring it out there. If they aren't ready for it yet I will just wait and put it in my garage until the glass gets here.

Nick

Snap pics of the car please. Inside/Outside/Engine/Front bay. We can't wait to see how it turned out.
And don't be afraid to overload us with photos. Let's see what she looks like. And again, please get Dennis and Crew to pose with the car for us. I know they did this of their own free will and goodness of their hearts, but I really hope they got all of those areas.

Also, I think we should have our meet and greet at Zorbaz on Friday no matter what.
Please invite them out so we can thank them.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-06-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait! It just got painted? Pics!!!!
bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what I have. They are in great shape.

I will express mail to
Nick Butze
21686 Black Beauty Ln.
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501

Correct?
Jim
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is so awesome of you jim, those look great
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

How good is the RIGHT side taillight ? Is it really nice and shiny? Reason I ask is, I have a left side but it is haze and has the internal peeling.

Here is a pic. I dont want to provide a bad part compared to a part it is sitting next to on the car.Its the only left side taillight I have however.

http://www.fastfieros.com

I believe both are going to be about the same. The one you show can be polished and then clear coated. The delamination can be taken care of with paint if needed. It is a step in the right direction, and if it does not work, we can always order the Fiero Store lenses down the road.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Wait! It just got painted? Pics!!!!

No. Detailed.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics of the overhaul for the website can be sent at pictures(AT)tylerstoy(dot)com to send email to me webmaster(at)tylerstoy(dot)com and to Tylers ghost email tyler(at)tylerstoy(dot)com I will provide Tyler with the acces codes ... does every one (EXCEPT blackberries) have acces to all the menus ??

Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-06-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bowrapennocks:

This is what I have. They are in great shape.

I will express mail to
Nick Butze
21686 Black Beauty Ln.
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501

Correct?
Jim

Correct.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Cole at Zorbaz is willing to help us out with space and "pizzaz" for a meet and greet on Friday, but they are already booked for a corporate holiday party on the 20th. So Zorbaz is out for that regard. They did offer to donate an appropriate amount of large pizzaz for pickup on the 21st.

Options for a "fallback" location in Frazee/DL for a meet and greet? I would assume that we would want a family style location with room, and even alcohol for those who like some liquid grain with their food. Just keep it family friendly for the under 21 people who would want to come by.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with robbin at morning side hotel. They are offering rooms a 20 a night. Just booked mine. the # is218-334-5021.
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I can take care of the pizzas on Sat. and make sure they would get to the autobody shop then teachers will take care of bars/ snacks/ etc. Trying to think of someplace else for Friday...let a few of us put our heads together....
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have placed an order with Rodney Dickman for the under manifold vacuum line set in Stainless Steel.
I did this out of the donations, because I am concerned that the lines will break when we pull the manifold.
No sense in putting something back together on a project such as this without covering your backside.

I will update the first post with the updated totals when I receive the bill and pay for it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock