Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130692 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis you have been PM'd
YEPPP I own this page......Teachers and Frazee are

Edited :

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-03-2010).]

IP: Logged
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow....13 pages.When I logged off last night we were at 7. Unbelievable. No wonder I love Fiero folks.

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Synthesis - you have a PM!

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Actually, an idea has popped into my little mind... A fund raiser for the family on top of what is already being done.

I am working with Cornersonrails on T-Shirts.. He will print them at cost. About 5 bucks for a Small/Medium/Large/XL, 7 for a 2X or 3X....

The senior class can sell the shirts for 12 for the smaller sizes, 15 for the larger ones. All profits on top of cost would go to the family.

The shirt simply shows a line drawing of Tyler's car. Centered below that is "The Tyler Project 2009"
Below that, centered is "www.tylerstoy.com"

On the back is simply a "Thank you to:" with a list below it of everyone who has donated time, parts, labor, new product, money...

In my head, I envision white lettering/line drawing on a solid black T-Shirt.

Does this sound good to anyone?

W00T! Page 12!

I will need 4 of those shirts - 3 - XL's and 1 - 4XL if possible. If not a 3XL will do. Let me know what the full cost will be and shiping to 79938. I will send the money ASAP to whoever is gong to be handling that end of it. Thanks

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Everyone must have gone to bed! Good night fellow Fiero Folks! Good night Frazee! Good night Tyler!

Pat
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there anything I can do, I feel like I'm letting people down since I was the one who started this, and haven't been able to contribute much. Unfortunately, I am out of funds to send another donation, and internet costs me $145 a month here, but is there something I can do? Send emails, anything?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ Synthesis:

If I am able to catch a flight, you still would be able to pick me up in St. Paul around 6:00 PM on Friday? The other problem is that all the flights from St. Paul coming back east are early in the morning on Sunday.

I have JUST enough Delta Skymiles to cover the flight, and then pay $10 in taxes and... get this... a $75 "Redemption fee" !!! LOL, you have to pay to use the miles it seems like....
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Is there anything I can do, I feel like I'm letting people down since I was the one who started this, and haven't been able to contribute much. Unfortunately, I am out of funds to send another donation, and internet costs me $145 a month here, but is there something I can do? Send emails, anything?

Lol your doin fine hulki. You started a new madness here.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Andy, you have done and are doing plenty. You got this amazing thing started from way over there in the sand box. All you got to do is stay safe and get home. All this would not have come about without your push. I can't thank you enough for what you are doing for all of us. When you get home, we will go up to Frazee and see the project first hand. Hopefully Tyler can take us for a ride in his toy. Stay safe.

Pat
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i just posted a build thread (earley one) on another local fourm im a part of. Ill be bringin my camra and taking plenty of pics during this build.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Andy, you have done and are doing plenty. You got this amazing thing started from way over there in the sand box. All you got to do is stay safe and get home. All this would not have come about without your push. I can't thank you enough for what you are doing for all of us. When you get home, we will go up to Frazee and see the project first hand. Hopefully Tyler can take us for a ride in his toy. Stay safe.

Pat

I'm looking forward to this! I still want to do something though. I have a little free time each evening.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about piza tail light covers if a oem one can't be found?
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm looking forward to this! I still want to do something though. I have a little free time each evening.

Send some emails to some of the auto specialty places like Jegs, Summit, etc. I have sent several to Foose, Summit, Jegs, Edlebrock and Holley. I have not received any response but I keep sending them. I feel kinda like you - I want to be there for the 21st so bad I can't stand it. Just got off AA.com and was looking at airfare. I can afford it but I have pressing issues here in El Paso that I would have to neglect. My wife is having surgery on Wednesday - off her feet for 6 weeks and we found out tonight that my youngest son's High School football team is seeded 1st in thier division for the Texas State playoffs. Thier first playoff game is Saturday 11/14. If they win this one (I hope I hope I hope) they will be going to Houston on the 20th. I don't think it would be a good idea to miss that one! I have resolved myself to do what I can from here. We will be there in Frazee in spirt though.

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

I just caught that it is costing you 145.00 for internet service.... Man, I would have thought that would be provided to you. That's just crazy.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

What about piza tail light covers if a oem one can't be found?

I would spend the extra money for a set of knhines ( think that how you spell it) one piece lights. My phis lights have been a headach. If we do this ill do my truck light conversion on it.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been at this since 14:30 yesterday afternoon Tyler's Toy website is up but still has updates and pages to be completed .. I will be continuing this in the morning. Please send me your comments and suggestions to webmaster(at)phantaziagrafx(dot)com ... here is the link to the site

http://www.tylerstoy.com
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Been at this since 14:30 yesterday afternoon Tyler's Toy website is up but still has updates and pages to be completed .. I will be continuing this in the morning. Please send me your comments and suggestions to webmaster(at)phantaziagrafx(dot)com ... here is the link to the site

http://www.tylerstoy.com

couldent be better great job. I posted it on a local car fourm as well.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whenever I click the tylerstoy link it take me to the index page stupid blackberry
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The site is looking real good! Great Job on the layout and design.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok another thing.
Tools. Im going to go over my whole fiero and get a socket for every nut and bolt and bring a small plastic tool box with me. I have a bunch of oddball tools what are we going to need. I think i know where my plastic rivit gun is and i can stop by harbor freight and get plastic rivits.

I also have a very small wallmart arc welder will we need this?

Plastic rivit gun is a check just found it so Ill bring it with me.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-06-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we are working a frazee auto body. I would think they would have a full set of tools. If not I can bring my own set. And john. I just got a idea....I'm going out to m.n. Your going to m.n. I have a head liner that you want. Maybe we can figure something out. And rumor has it their is a gt at our junk yard. I will go check it out in the am. See if it has tail lights.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we are working a frazee auto body. I would think they would have a full set of tools. If not I can bring my own set. And john. I just got a idea....I'm going out to m.n. Your going to m.n. I have a head liner that you want. Maybe we can figure something out. And rumor has it their is a gt at our junk yard. I will go check it out in the am. See if it has tail lights.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think bringing the headliner is such a great idea... If I do get a ride from Chris, it will be in his Fiero. I do not know who would be picking you up, but that headliner would be a pain even in a regular car, as well as trying to get it on the plane.

Just let me know what the shipping for it is when you get a chance.... Also, ALL parts going to MN should stay in MN.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-06-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok then. I will most likely have a rental set up. If the rental fails then its the bus for me.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I don't think bringing the headliner is such a great idea... If I do get a ride from Chris, it will be in his Fiero. I do not know who would be picking you up, but that headliner would be a pain even in a regular car, as well as trying to get it on the plane.

Just let me know what the shipping for it is when you get a chance....

Lol me and him are lookin at either 1 renting a car while there or 2 buying a $100 junker 87antuzze found there put it in my name and in my ins use it for the weekend and scrap it when were done with it .

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok then. I will most likely have a rental set up. If the rental fails then its the bus for me.

What time are you getting into St. Paul? If all else fails, maybe I can catch a ride with you? I could help with the cost of the gas. This would just be a plan B as Chris mentioned I could get a ride with him. It's just not set in stone yet.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-06-2009).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What time are you getting into St. Paul? If all else fails, maybe I can catch a ride with you? I could help with the cost of the gas. This would just be a plan B as Chris mentioned I could get a ride with him. It's just not set in stone yet.

I think he is flying into fargo ND with me.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought it was time for me to chime in.

First of all, I want to say that I think what you people are doing is amazing, so please don't take this the wrong way. But I want to caution everyone not to loose sight what this is all about. It's about Tyler. Nothing else. Please, please, please don't forget that for one second.

That said, I wish I was closer so I could help too. It would've been an honor to be part of it.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep. I'm going into fargo. Pk86. I found a beauty! A 96 grand am for 200 bucks. Runs and drives. Was rolled on the passenger side. Also found a Chrysler fifth ave for 250. Exhaust has been cut at the cat for added rumble.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Thought it was time for me to chime in.

First of all, I want to say that I think what you people are doing is amazing, so please don't take this the wrong way. But I want to caution everyone not to loose sight what this is all about. It's about Tyler. Nothing else. Please, please, please don't forget that for one second.

That said, I wish I was closer so I could help too. It would've been an honor to be part of it.

Lol i wouldent be flying halfway accross the country for nothing cliff. Im detacated to getting his car done for him. hell fly out here and help if you wana that bad .

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Yep. I'm going into fargo. Pk86. I found a beauty! A 96 grand am for 200 bucks. Runs and drives. Was rolled on the passenger side. Also found a Chrysler fifth ave for 250. Exhaust has been cut at the cat for added rumble.

Might be better off with the chrysler I dont trust a car that has been rolled. Send me the link to the grand am though. Mabey we can make it work.

PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff just saw your post. You do know this would not have happen if you hadn't created pff? Therefore you are a huge contributing factor. Thanks cliff.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent an email to Chuck Leppo at the Mid-Atlantic Fiero Owners Association that I am a member of, asking him to send an email out for anyone looking to donate money or parts, or come to the build weekend, to all of the club members. I am getting ready to send out more emails to any vendors I can think of. I am also going to send one off to Crutchfield, maybe they will donate that amp.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Email has been sent to Crutchfield, I will let you know if I hear back from them.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by KEV:

I wanted to post about this, and I am not the only one who feels this way, but I think it would be poor taste to have this printed on the t-shirts.

Will sent me a suggestion that I like, "If it's Fiero, it's family" This will let Tyler know he is a part of our family now.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early AM to the top bumpski.

You guys are still completely awesome for all this help. It's comforting to know there's still genuinely good people out there amongst all the craziness we hear daily. Don't worry Tyler, you're in good hands.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wanted to post about this, and I am not the only one who feels this way, but I think it would be poor taste to have this printed on the t-shirts.

I was thinking the same thing, but did not post as I should have.... I am definitely in agreement though. I don't think the "mafia" portrays anything positive towards this cause.

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about just being called "Team Tyler"?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was thinking the same thing, but did not post as I should have.... I am definitely in agreement though. I don't think the "mafia" portrays anything positive towards this cause.

The Mafia T-Shirts are an "In-joke" for Minnesota Fieros. It simply means that in the Fiero community, there really isn't much more to life than the Fiero, and that is all you need.
I won't comment on the shirt otherwise, as I have always wanted one, and not had the funds... :P

JohnWPB, I have asked for a half day from work. I can hold off to pick you up. If you can get an earlier flight to Mpls/St Paul, that would be even better, as I will be getting off of work at Noon to take care of some things before heading up.

Let me know. As for the early Sunday flight, I may not be able to get you back in time for that.

If you flew into Fargo, how much more would that add to your ticket? Some of the donation funds have been sent with the express goal of helping people with travel.

I agree with Cliff as well. This is about Tyler and fulfilling his dream to have a nice car. In the efforts to find someone who might be able to help with media coverage, I may have lost sight of that. After a brief conversation with the family last night, it dawned on me that they are still at a loss as to everything going on.

Another part of my Asperger's Syndrome. It did not occur to me how overwhelmed they would be with us doing this, with the entire community chipping in, on top of everything that they are going through.
As such, I have told the existing media contacts that if they do decide to run a story on Tyler, that they would need to do so without his direct input, unless he chose to join in on his own accord. This will allow us to get his story out, the benefit account info out, and coverage of how the town has pulled together without disturbing the family.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-06-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock