Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

I'd rather you not do that. I think we need to leave that money alone. These hats are completely unrelated to the vehicle and are strictly momento for the project. The money that is in that account was donated with the intetion of it being put towards Tylers car. Thank you very much for the offer though. Thank you.

I was hoping you'd say that.

w00t! I own page 11!

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-05-2009).]

IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need to come up with a name for this little team of ours.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

"Duct Tape and Dreams"
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ramrod! Sorry I'm watching super troopers. Couldn't help it.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

"Duct Tape and Dreams"

dream team?
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Tyler`s Team"

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Viking you have a PM
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

"Tyler`s Team"

Tyler's Dream Team
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you hit the nail on the head there.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tyler's Dream Team

Vote casted.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Vote casted.

ditto
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In contact with numerous news stations around the region...

I have sent the following email out to them...

The goal is to get Tyler's story out as far and wide as I can. You never know when someone out there can step up to the plate and say "We can help."

Begin email:

An Online Community comes together to help a small town Minnesota man fulfill a dream..

An 18 year old Frazee high school senior was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer. His dreams of fixing his 1986 Pontiac Fiero sports car up come to a screeching halt... Until the Fiero community hears..

Enter, "Tyler's Dream Team"
Members of the 17,000+ strong online Fiero community known as Pennock's Fiero Forum have raised over $1,600 in merchandise donations, gift certificates and parts, along with $700+ in cash donations, and untold numbers of labor hours to make Tyler's dream come true.
Members from around the world have donated time, effort, parts and money to the cause. Many local businesses have donated their time and labor to help the Fiero Forum members.

Many people will be flying in from all over the US for the sole purpose of getting their hands dirty while working on "Tyler's Toy", the 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT.

The webpage, www.tylerstoy.com is incomplete, but will feature his story when we have progressed further.

The actual forum thread is below showing the plans, the amount of participation, and the sheer amount of love people can show for their own.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078180.html

The event dates are November 20th-22nd. The majority of the work will be performed on the 21st.

The entire town of Frazee is now monitoring our one simple thread, and it warms the heart to see how complete strangers can unite into a family.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-05-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to the powder coat shop and Just saw the first valve cover.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well put, chris.
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious, does anyone know the condition of his air dam? I know on both of my cars, they've been either warped or cracked, might be something to check out.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Okay, I have recieved SEVERAL pm's about the hats and it's led me to an idea. Tyler has asked me for 10 of them. So those are spoken for. Hulki is getting one of them mailed to his house tomorrow as he is the one who started this whole thing. that leaves 9. Maybe I should have about 30 or so more of them made and sell them for $20 a piece with procedes going to tylers family. I want to make sure that all guys going up to help with the car get one for free with the option of donating the $20 but won't have to. Any thoughts? I know there will be alot of his friends and family there that weekend including the teachers who will be making a meal for us. I have a feeling they would all want one too.

O.k. First all I am sorry that I did not see anything about somebody wanting to do hats a couple of days ago. And I am sorry that you spent over $200.00 on 20 beanie caps!!! My name is Chris and I own Arrow Silk Screening and Embroidery here in Algonquin, IL. I will donate 25 White and 25 Black Beanies embroidered for this event. PM me with a couple of better pics of the embroidery and I will try and match it or make it better. Also provide me a with shipping information. Thanks, Chris

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 11-22-2009).]

1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one more recruited for this event. Her name is Jennifer a.k.a. Lady Gwen. She might not be fluent in fiero, but is willing to hand tools out.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 Fiero Sport Coupe
1990 Buick Reatta
2002 Chevy Impala base

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 11-05-2009).]

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cornersonrails PM me........................

I have an idea
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris you rock!!! I'll be in touch.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

synssins@yahoo.com

Everything helps!

I just want to say I think everyone helping out on this project will be blessed for his or her efforts. It’s great to see such a wide group of people come together to get this done. I can't be there to help with the build but I will be paypaling a little cash to help in any way it can. Plus's for all evolved that didn’t have them.
Gravitic Anomaly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gravitic AnomalyClick Here to visit Gravitic Anomaly's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gravitic AnomalyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have contacted a friend of mine in the Minneapolis media. No promises, but I will see what he can get rolling for coverage and help.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. this has got to be the most amazing display of human compassion that I personally, have ever seen.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

cornersonrails PM me........................

I have an idea

PM Sent
Gravitic Anomaly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gravitic AnomalyClick Here to visit Gravitic Anomaly's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gravitic AnomalyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is an idea for those that can't make it.
On the weekend of the 20th, go out and work on your own cars. Keep Tyler in your thoughts while you work and then post what you did (with a picture) in a "What I did to my Fiero on Tyler's day" thread. Help by keeping the Karma high. It would be nice to see just how many members around the world get involved.

- Tim
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gravitic Anomaly:

Here is an idea for those that can't make it.
On the weekend of the 20th, go out and work on your own cars. Keep Tyler in your thoughts while you work and then post what you did (with a picture) in a "What I did to my Fiero on Tyler's day" thread. Help by keeping the Karma high. It would be nice to see just how many members around the world get involved.

- Tim

I think the 21st is the 1st official big work day but thats a great idea. Ill be sure to get plenty of pics while im out there.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pk86. Shoot me a call. I will be available until 5:30. Then after 8:30. Don't matter if its before or after.
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow....you guys are amazing...OK I am working on food on this end and fieroguy123 contacted me and will keep me informed of what is needed. My goal is lunch and supper for you guys on Saturday with some snacks of course...as teachers we may not know how to fix cars but we do know how to enjoy food Like I said before I have the wonderful privelage of also being the senior class sponsor. I have been contacted by several members of the class of 09 wondering how they could do something for Tyler. I am going to get back in contact with them and see if maybe they can come together and take care of the hats....does this sound like something feasible? At least maybe they can put some $$ towards the cost of them
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm heading up after work Friday (i leave a 4pm). Is there anyone that wants or needs a ride up there? I'm also going to be getting room so if you need a place to sleep your more then welcome to stay in my room, heck if you have a sleeping bag and don't mind the floor that's cool with me. free of charge!

let me know
------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe
1986 Fiero Base Coupe..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being built now!
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ centerline "Q" Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 11-05-2009).]

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wakejul:

I am going to get back in contact with them and see if maybe they can come together and take care of the hats....does this sound like something feasible? At least maybe they can put some $$ towards the cost of them

The hats are covered. No money is needed for them.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

The hats are covered. No money is needed for them.

PM Sent...

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I got a dumb Californian question. What's the weather like back east? Pk86 said cold.

Could be 50 degrees, could be zero and snowing. Yep, bring warm clothes!
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Could be 50 degrees, could be zero and snowing. Yep, bring warm clothes!

I love Minnesnowda!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wakejul:

Wow....you guys are amazing...OK I am working on food on this end and fieroguy123 contacted me and will keep me informed of what is needed. My goal is lunch and supper for you guys on Saturday with some snacks of course...as teachers we may not know how to fix cars but we do know how to enjoy food Like I said before I have the wonderful privelage of also being the senior class sponsor. I have been contacted by several members of the class of 09 wondering how they could do something for Tyler. I am going to get back in contact with them and see if maybe they can come together and take care of the hats....does this sound like something feasible? At least maybe they can put some $$ towards the cost of them

Thank you soo much! That is great! Meals and snacks!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I'm most likely not going to make it out. My dad just pulled the money plug . One way or another I will figure something out. What's funny is the cost of shipping the intake is almost 1/3 of a plain ticket. Maybe I can fit in a flat rate

What do you need to get out here? Maybe we can pool something together...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DL10's donation of 100 bucks has put our total donations over 800 cash!
We have had 820 cash donated. After the windshield expense, that leaves us with 721.37 sitting in paypal..

We still need GT Tail Light assemblies. Driver's side is damaged. Passenger side is in good shape. I can order replacements from the Fiero Store and have them shipped out if needed. I will give it a few more days to see if someone can find something. If not, then I will order the new tail light lenses from TFS.
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey what do you guys think about having a little get together on Friday night as everyone is getting into town so we can all get to know eachother? Maybe go to a bar or somethin and bs for a while?

Y'all like pizza and beer?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

Hey what do you guys think about having a little get together on Friday night as everyone is getting into town so we can all get to know eachother? Maybe go to a bar or somethin and bs for a while?

Yup. I was thinking about asking about a Friday night as well..
You know, if we were to end up hanging out outside of Frazee Auto Body and Glass, we wouldn't get any sleep... Many of us wish we could come up there right now and get started... So, being near the Fiero would just be irresistible to us.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lynxer:

I was thinking the same thing. good idea! I'm going to be staying at the Budget Host Inn, Detroit lakes,MN Friday and Sat nights.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep. Budget Host Inn here as well. Budget Host Inn is 7 miles west of Frazee on Hwy 10. A single bed room with a queen is 52 and change. A double bed room with two queen beds is 56 and change. Plus tax on both.

Splitting a double would result in 30 bucks a pop for the room. Free breakfast in the morning...

I am still waiting to hear back on getting a lower price, but that is pretty reasonable as it is.

Budget Host Inn‎
Old Highway 10, Frazee, MN‎ - (800) 888-2124‎
wakejul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wakejulSend a Private Message to wakejulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some teachers were also thinking maybe you guys would like to get together at the local establishment known as Zorbaz! Can't make a trip to lake country without going there...Lynxer do you think they would be willing to do anything for the cause? Even if not it is a great place to hang out and I sure some of the teachers would be willing to give up a Friday night to meet and greet Of course Lynxer if you have a different place in mind....

As for the hats glad it is covered....the class of 2009 will have to put their heads back together and come up with something else
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock