Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I want to help out a member, I have an idea, and I need your help. PLEASE READ!!! by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 10-30-2009 11:35 AM
Replies: 3149 (130693 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-27-2022 03:58 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

or tylers dream.

I like this too, with the Fiero emblem in the middle, words on top and bottom.

PAGE ######## 10 !

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-05-2009).]

IP: Logged
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.5 ---- you are right

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-05-2009).]

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my... its the MAP sensor cover box .... not the plenum..

http://www.fastfieros.com
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes guys, map sensor cover. The plenum and intake are already spoken for...
I have plans for "Tyler's Toy" on the car somewhere.. Be patient.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooupppps let me correct that hihihihihiihihihihi oooohhh oooohh teachers are will change the images ... ooufff
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the plenum note.. Since we will have the intake off, would it be wise for me to call Rodney and purchase a set of the steel vacuum lines for the car? I worry that the existing lines will break. We can always repair them using short lengths of rubber hose.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I have recieved SEVERAL pm's about the hats and it's led me to an idea. Tyler has asked me for 10 of them. So those are spoken for. Hulki is getting one of them mailed to his house tomorrow as he is the one who started this whole thing. that leaves 9. Maybe I should have about 30 or so more of them made and sell them for $20 a piece with procedes going to tylers family. I want to make sure that all guys going up to help with the car get one for free with the option of donating the $20 but won't have to. Any thoughts? I know there will be alot of his friends and family there that weekend including the teachers who will be making a meal for us. I have a feeling they would all want one too.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I do come out I call dibs on swapping intakes. I don't know why but for some strange reason I like swapping them. They are going into the powder coater today. Also what would be cool is a timelasp video of the car in the shop.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Barbie from the Frazee Forum news mentioned that she would have a camera/camcorder there so we could easily do photos and time lapse.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being a webmaster I could set something up ... tylerstoy(dot)com for example
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The most recent post on Tyler's Caring Bridge journal...

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:29 PM, CST
I am sure everyone has been anxiously awaiting an update. Our first day home went really well. First the ride home was good. We had a few bumps to start out, but the ride was pain free and smooth sailing. The welcome in Frazee was amazing to say the least and made me cry. Tyler is so fortunate to have such amazing support from our whole town.

Once we got him in the house, his hospital bed was already set up. The hospice nurse met us at the door and the intake for that was quick and slick. I already know that this is an amazing program and am very glad they are going to be part of the next step in this journey.

Carter and Cassie didn't make it home until today. We thought maybe Cassie was a little under the weather, so we held off until today. To say this was hard on them and me is an understatement. I have been really missing my litte kiddos and so were Jay and Tyler. Today they came home and we let them miss school. It was just nice to have everyone at home under the same roof. We only had a few visitors today, but Tyler had a really good feeling day today. We got him up in the recliner and he was there for about 3 hours or so and no problems or pain. Tomorrow Jay is maybe going to be working on a wheelchair ramp with a friend of his and maybe we can kick Tyler out of the house for a little bit every now and then.

Tyler has been eating all day, a little here and there. Ice cream, sherbet, a little hot dish, coco wheats. It is kind of like this guessing game of let's try this and see how it goes. Sometimes he likes it, sometimes he doesn't, but he has been eating with no nausea and drinking a little all the time all day long.

On a more serious note, now that we are home I am kind of at a loss of what to do with myself. It seems like we have been waiting for this coming home moment for so long that now that we are here I am a little lost. I am just not sure what to do... does that make sense? Today we kind of sat around and looked at each other. How does a person know what is the right thing to do? Do I work? Do I get out of the house and see friends? Do I get back to what used to be our normal routine? I am just feeling very uncertain. I like a plan... a goal... a direction. I guess now that we are home I need to find that again. It was actually hard to leave all of the wonderful staff at Meritcare. We will miss them very much as they became very special and dear to us. A part of me didn't want to leave. It was almost like leaving the hospital made all of this real, like if we stayed in the hospital we would just continue "waiting" and nothing would ever change. Leaving the hospital for me was sort of like a line we crossed into the next stage of cancer. This probably makes absolutely no sense to anyone but me... by now everyone knows I have these moments. I know God is with us every step of the way, but sometimes I feel like I need to reach so far to find Him.

Tyler is very excited about his car being fixed up too. I can't tell you how many times he mentioned it today. That people he has never even met face to face are coming here to do such an amazing thing for him is beyond amazing. You have given him something to look forward to, a goal, a direction. He is GLOWING folks when he talks about this!
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by Danyel:

Being a webmaster I could set something up ... tylerstoy(dot)com for example

I was thinking that as well.. Having a central website for everyone, with a few pages. An "About" for Tyler, a page with facts about the Fiero, a page about PFF and what we are doing... You get the idea.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That post right there make it worth the work! Its truly humbling to know that people in this world still have a heart.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm setting this up right now.... is tylerstoy.com or tylersdream.com OK which THX
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote tylerstory.com
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tylerstory is taken availbale is tylerstoy.com and tylersdream.com

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tylerstoy.com
I told you I would not be gainsaid. :P
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tylerstoy.com isn't
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguy123

1523 posts
Member since Sep 2009
Synthesis,
What do you think of the hats?
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say go for tylersdream.com as it is his dream and it does not sound like a P O R N site.

Just a thought

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 11-05-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

I say go for tylersdream.com as it is his dream and it does not sound like a **** site.

Just a thought

Hah! Didn't even cross my mind that anyone would consider it that way.. :P

I just thought Tyler's Toy was specific to the Fiero...

Either way... I still prefer toy.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Synthesis,
What do you think of the hats?

I am all in on that idea. Again, don't have much in the way of funds, and can't contribute from the car fund. I'll help however I can.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do understand the title has a **** type site but IMAGINE the hits we are going to get !!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway http://www.tylerstoy.com is officially OPENED !!! I'm setting up the home page will work on this feverishly .... will also get Tylers email address so they can write to him via the ghost address ...

2.5fierose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 136
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5fieroseSend a Private Message to 2.5fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys this is so amazing it seems like all i do is sit and talk about what you guys are doing to my fiero. you guys are incredible and i cant believe how much support there is from all of you guys. I cant wait to meet everybody and i just want to say thanks to everyone this is awesome.

Tyler Shipman
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5fierose:

hey guys this is so amazing it seems like all i do is sit and talk about what you guys are doing to my fiero. you guys are incredible and i cant believe how much support there is from all of you guys. I cant wait to meet everybody and i just want to say thanks to everyone this is awesome.

Tyler Shipman

Hey man, it is great to hear from you. I am glad you could join us.
Now, we fully expect you to get off your backside and put some work into this with us..
I KID I KID! You just lay there, get your strength back, hire a hot hospice nurse, and take it easy...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Parts list updated in first post...

Marker lamps for all four corners. I see that the rear passenger does not fit right in one of the high res photos I was sent... They may not be used at all, and you would get them back, but for now, I want to make sure we can cover them.

I will be posting photos here shortly...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-05-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Tyler's Senior photos..

WARNING: Clicking the images below will result in a Tyler overload. The images that are linked are 5 MB in size each...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-05-2009).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a dumb Californian question. What's the weather like back east? Pk86 said cold.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK the home page is up.... I'm working with you all for pics suggestions etc etc etc... please feel free to send text images and data .. I will setup video files as soon as I get them from the PFF dream team ..... if you click on the PFF logo you will be routed directly to this thread ....

http://www.tylerstoy.com

my email is webmaster(at)phantaziagrafx(dot)com
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I got a dumb Californian question. What's the weather like back east? Pk86 said cold.

Cold. Bring long pants and long sleeves...

Anderson Bus Service in Frazee is willing to run shuttle service for the Fiero people on the event weekend.

If you are flying into Fargo, please let us know your schedule, and we can notify Ted at Anderson Bus Service so that a vehicle can be there to pick you up. If we can consolidate people coming into Fargo into a single trip, it would work better.
Most of their heavy stuff is out at those times, but they have vans and mini-vans.

Anderson's Bus Garage 218-334-3171
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by Danyel:

OK the home page is up.... I'm working with you all for pics suggestions etc etc etc... please feel free to send text images and data .. I will setup video files as soon as I get them from the PFF dream team ..... if you click on the PFF logo you will be routed directly to this thread ....

http://www.tylerstoy.com

my email is webmaster(at)phantaziagrafx(dot)com

Grab the photos I posted above.
PFF
System Bot
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A past classmate of mine and her mother are going to the Holiday Inn in Detroit Lakes today to see if they will give some discounts on rooms! The whole community is watching us on here! Pretty amazing how everyone is coming together!

Thanks guys it just keeps getting better!

Nick
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm most likely not going to make it out. My dad just pulled the money plug . One way or another I will figure something out. What's funny is the cost of shipping the intake is almost 1/3 of a plain ticket. Maybe I can fit in a flat rate
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i wish i could get in on this ...i have no money to send cause i just had surgery on my knee.....and i have no parts to give ......i feel useless i wish i could go and help i'm real good at fixin the fiero thing pontiackid has seen my work ...just wish i could do something to help!!!!!!good luck to all that helps this is a very awsome thing you all are doing!!~Tom

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi FRAZEE!!! Welcome to the world's greatest car forum!

We are so excited to be able to do this for one of our own! I know that I myself have a lot tied up in this from both a "Ass-on-the-line" perspective and an emotional perspective, so I am going to make sure this is a huge success...

I have never met Tyler, but I feel that I know him based on everything I have read, the people I have talked to, and the response I see.

I have no doubt in my mind that what we have planned is a worthy cause, and I know that it has helped pull a random group of anonymous strangers both on and off the internet into a great big family with a beacon at it's center.

Thank you all for the kind words and the support as we prepare to do this, and to Hulki for getting this started.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The order for hats has climbed to 15 more. Ten of which are a request from Tylers family.. As it stands, I have spent more than I could afford on the first 20 hats, and I cannot afford to pay for the rest. A teacher from Tylers school contacted me and offered up some money for more hats, but still about $50 short. Can anybody help? I would buy hats for EVERYONE if I could afford it but it's just not possible.
Again, here's the link to the picture of the hats. http://carphotos.cardomain....3641660018_large.jpg
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

The order for hats has climbed to 15 more. Ten of which are a request from Tylers family.. As it stands, I have spent more than I could afford on the first 20 hats, and I cannot afford to pay for the rest. A teacher from Tylers school contacted me and offered up some money for more hats, but still about $50 short. Can anybody help? I would buy hats for EVERYONE if I could afford it but it's just not possible.
Again, here's the link to the picture of the hats. http://carphotos.cardomain....3641660018_large.jpg

I will send part of the donation out to help you. If hat orders come in, please toss that back into the donation pot as soon as you can.
Paypal email?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroguy123 PM me your Paypal address and I will donate $50.00 towards the Hats.

I myself would like 1 as well.

I will make the Payment when I get home later tonight.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather you not do that. I think we need to leave that money alone. These hats are completely unrelated to the vehicle and are strictly momento for the project. The money that is in that account was donated with the intetion of it being put towards Tylers car. Thank you very much for the offer though. Thank you.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 11-05-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock