Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  My Fiero Is Going........( Better Car Acquired ) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Fiero Is Going........( Better Car Acquired ) by Dude16
Started on: 07-17-2002 01:06 AM
Replies: 1049 (35827 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 02-08-2024 12:50 PM
soup

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haze_Performance:

Give me a break.. What are your trying to prove? Its not ignorant to state the truth. I think I made my point with my last post. No one else seems to have a problem with my statement. Check out the replies from 85 gt fiero & fropuff. MOST (I did not say all young drivers or you) can't appreciate cars. They are just to young. If you want to take it a step further.. A lot of young Fiero owners here on this Forum are not true Fiero enthusiasts. The Fiero just happens to be there first car & when it dies they will move on to whatever car comes along next. I've been here for a couple years & I've seen them come & go. (do you really think there over 5000 members here?) Most don't leave on a bad note like Dude16 did. So just calm down a little. I did read your original reply & I know your were not trying to flame me. I am not flaming you either.

The reason that I pointed that out, and why I actually made a deal out of it is because even though I do not post a whole lot, I read this forum every day, well many times a day, and from what I have seen you have always had a very level headed post, and your post seemed to stick out because when i noticed Haze_Performance I wanted to read it because I thought it would be an excellent post. I take offense when people stereotype because of age. Hell, even I do this, so I do realise I am being hypocritical, When I see some punk kid even if he/she is my age, I still think "There is a little sh!t who doesn't know how to treat a car." Everyone on here seems to be making this either a "ricer" issue or an age issue, and to me it is all ignorance. I don't agree that it is most 16 year olds can't appreciate the car, I agree that we seem to think it is most teenagers because why would you notice the good drivers of that age? They fit in with everyone else. I live in a small town, and this idea is present all the time. The local police force will only go after teenagers. Why? Because of sterotypical ideas. Often the teenagers stick out in our minds more because when we see it we think "Punk teenager" rather than when an adult is driving like a punk, it is just "@$$hole." and we go on with our buisneess. I am glad you realise I am not trying to be rude, and I honestly don't mean to pick on you even though I am, but I am slowly trying to fight this stereotype, because that is exactly what it is... a stereotype. Anyway... before this does become something else, I will leave this post here, and just read, not respond to, your rebutle so that i stop taking away from the topic at hand... This punks gaudy attitude, ever since his first post, giving all elders reason to their agnst for us "youngsters"... Sorry if anything was took personally.

IP: Logged
JEDI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JEDISend a Private Message to JEDIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone has torn into you so I feel no need to do so. But I offer this advice.

How reliable do you think an older, modded twin turbo Z is going to be? It's a high maintence car with high priced parts.

How much do you think insurance is going to be on a modded twin turbo sports car?

Do yourself a favor, save your money, don't live for your car. A car is an object. It, or one like it, will be there tomorrow. I couldn't afford a Fiero or any sports car when I started college so I waited. Now I can finally get one. To get it and not worry about putting bread on the table is perhaps one of the most joyful expierances of my life. It's hard, but if that car starts taking your money away, free time away, your life away, then get rid of it. We grow up once. Do you really want to spend your youth asking if "you want mushrooms on that" just so you can maintain a car? We live once. Don't waste it.

Despite all of what you said, and you were wrong to say it, I still wish you good luck.

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dude16:

Fourth. You and your fieros, people, the fiero is a crappy ASS CAR!!!!!. the toyota MR2 sells on average for x2 the price....what does this mean? the toyota mr2 actually had some good engineering behind it unlike the FIero....

ok dude shut the hell up and get out of here we don't want you here.. and you lack in fiero knowledge case closed I'm outta this thread.

Go break your car and cry on a nissian board maybe they will show some sympothy but I highly doubt it the way your acting. I say BAN him and get rid of this thread.

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 07-18-2002).]

Dude16
No longer registered
Report this Post07-18-2002 01:57 AM   Send a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:
Heres a thought for everyone, for my fiero with a spotless driving record, I pay $150.00 a month for insurance. He lives in BC as well. In BC, when you first get insurance you pay the max rate and once a year you get a (crappy) discount of 5%. The only way out is to put it under daddy's name.If(when) Dude wipes out his car, Daddys insurance goes back to the max rate. There are no competitors here to turn to for a cheaper rate. Oh, and I managed a restaurant before deciding to go to school. I could have hired a 15 year old for a max of 15 hours a week only with parents permission. If 8$ an hour for 15 a week can buy a 300 for 15,000, then my paycheck should just about cover those pesky payments to porsche. His whole story reeks of BS. I read that he was accepted to med school in another post, right. I'm next in line to the throne of England.

There is no limit? 20 hours a school week and full time in summer? You might be talking about tax level or something.

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not good looking unless you get $3,000 rims?

Damn, guess mine look horrible for only spending $1,257 on 'em... idiot.

Have fun fixing the Z!

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed
More pics of the coupe
1986 GT 5 speed, 1984 SC Auto
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First of all, yea it does have some mods, has performance chip, exhaust, filters, and a bunch of other low cost performance upgrades, I think the chip gives it at least 50hp. Took it to a performance shop for inspection and they did some other tests and it toped out at 390hp

Second, So I am 16 and I have a g/f? your point is, high school relationships end over what kind of music people listen too....so might as well make the blowjobs last and then pick up new ***** in my 300zx. time to have fun not to get married.

Third, I took the car to a shop before I bought it and had a 50-point inspection done, I just need an oil change. Plus if something does brake down, I got a place to keep the car till I have enough money to repair it. But I already almost got 1k on the side so I should be good unless something horrible happens.

Fourth. You and your fieros, people, the fiero is a crappy ASS CAR!!!!!. the toyota MR2 sells on average for x2 the price....what does this mean? the toyota mr2 actually had some good engineering behind it unlike the FIero....

They didn't stop producing fiero because they were such a wonderful car.

Fieros are not very parctical, not very good looking unless you get $3000 rims and low profile tires. Overall they are a crappy car. Fun to drive but thats all.

Nissan Power All The Way - On Student budget so unless my dad buys me rims this is the way this thing gona look

We really hate to see ya go.. Why don't you just leave then? What kinda life do you have that you have to post stuff in a Car Forum about a car you don't even own. Get lost & and go bug a Nissan Forum...

P.S. Why the hell would someone take a car to a shop for a 50-point inspection if they were buying it from their Father??

Oh well.. Don't let the door hit ya..

White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post07-18-2002 01:59 AM   Send a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
let me put it this way. Yoou're an idiot Dude. We're all dumber by merely knowing you exist. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

------------------
Ray - rturner@fierosite.com - Fierosite.com - NC Fieros@Yahoo

soup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude16: Go back and read your posts. Are you honestly that pathetic that you don't realise how stupid, and obtuse you are being? I have absolutely no idea what you were trying to get at with that second point, but it sounded pretty pathetic. I think you were TRYING to mock someone and did a real shitty job.
I am friends with many people from the 300ZX club here, they all (10-15 people) agree that the Fiero GT and the later Z cars are very similar. Granted you are entitled you your opinion and so are they, but before you make a post wanting to make a point, how about you do at least a little bit of a backround check. Learn about WHY the Fiero was discontinued, then you can also compare the Fiero to ALL OTHER cars of the SAME YEAR TODAY, and see how they standup. Grab a pic of Skitime's GT, and throw it beside your Z and tell me those cars arent VERY similar. To me the body style of the Z could easily be the newer Fieros. Just my opinion, but stop giving us truth to your ignorance and credulity.

EDITED BECAUSE: I typed it out wayyy to damn fast and it had A LOT of errors.

[This message has been edited by soup (edited 07-18-2002).]

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gotta make another reply to this...

Fiero's not very practical? And a 300zx is? Put down the crack pipe boy.

Dude16
No longer registered
Report this Post07-18-2002 02:05 AM   Send a Private Message to StandardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Standard:
gotta make another reply to this...

Fiero's not very practical? And a 300zx is? Put down the crack pipe boy.

here in BC we do weed man

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Standard:

Not good looking unless you get $3,000 rims?

Damn, guess mine look horrible for only spending $1,257 on 'em... idiot.

Have fun fixing the Z!

Hey Standard, he's up nort.. I think $3k Canadian is like $5.76 US.

Hey Dude16, Why hang out on a board for a car you don't even like? I'm sure there are 300ZX boards out there.

PFF
System Bot
Dude16
No longer registered
Report this Post07-18-2002 02:08 AM   Send a Private Message to DRHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRH:
Hey Standard, he's up nort.. I think $3k Canadian is like $5.76 US.

Hey Dude16, Why hang out on a board for a car you don't even like? I'm sure there are 300ZX boards out there.

just to piss you guys off cause you drive **** cars

Dude16
No longer registered
Report this Post07-18-2002 02:12 AM   Send a Private Message to DRHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dude16

another thing I noticed in the thread "people of the people behind the cars or whatever" is how ugly fiero owners are
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen the light, good bye guys. Thats right, our cars are crap. All those wasted hours I could have been fine tuning my Type R stickers for maximum horse power,polishing my "Furious" wings and man whoreing myself around downtown Victoria(home of the newly married or nearly buried) with all that extra time not working on my car. So far he started working at 13, made around 15,000 but bought a $1000 fiero, he's in Grade 12 at 16, been accepted to med school yet pimps around town with his pants down. He can't even make up a lie that makes sense to go trolling...

------------------
"You obviously have a great economy with words, I look forward to your next syllable with great eagerness"

soup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

another thing I noticed in the thread "people of the people behind the cars or whatever" is how ugly fiero owners are

Ok he actually has a point there. We are pretty ugly.. we can admit it.. especially this guy here... woooww.. he takes the cake.

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dude16 go and play with your little ricer friends ok fag
DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL... I guess if you're going to burn your bridges, you might as well use a flame thrower.

Dumba$$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dumba$$Send a Private Message to Dumba$$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SHUT UP DORK!!!
your 16, and youve worked at pizza hut for 3 yrs?? i think not!! there is a thing thats called Child Labor Laws

it takes a certin class of people to drive fieros, and obviously you dont fit in!!
so you can just take your 300PEEE and shove it up your A$$ good luck owning an HIGH maitnance car!! youll own that for a month until somthing goes wrong with it, and them youll be telling the same STUPID , MY CAR SUX story to the nissan Forum!!
Am i NOT right???

KMA looser!!!!

------------------
Rich
Sioux Falls SD

86' 2m6 4.10-too many extras to list
92' BMW 325i-cold air intake, borla exhaust,strut tower brace,
97 Eclipse GS-T --- a few mods

White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post07-18-2002 02:22 AM   Send a Private Message to Dumba$$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRH:
LOL... I guess if you're going to burn your bridges, you might as well use a flame thrower.

I'd say the atomic weapons are out hehe, even BlackStang wasn't this much of an idiot.

------------------
Ray - rturner@fierosite.com - Fierosite.com - NC Fieros@Yahoo

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by soup:
The reason that I pointed that out, and why I actually made a deal out of it is because even though I do not post a whole lot, I read this forum every day, well many times a day, and from what I have seen you have always had a very level headed post, and your post seemed to stick out because when i noticed Haze_Performance I wanted to read it because I thought it would be an excellent post. I take offense when people stereotype because of age. Hell, even I do this, so I do realise I am being hypocritical, When I see some punk kid even if he/she is my age, I still think "There is a little sh!t who doesn't know how to treat a car." Everyone on here seems to be making this either a "ricer" issue or an age issue, and to me it is all ignorance. I don't agree that it is most 16 year olds can't appreciate the car, I agree that we seem to think it is most teenagers because why would you notice the good drivers of that age? They fit in with everyone else. I live in a small town, and this idea is present all the time. The local police force will only go after teenagers. Why? Because of sterotypical ideas. Often the teenagers stick out in our minds more because when we see it we think "Punk teenager" rather than when an adult is driving like a punk, it is just "@$$hole." and we go on with our buisneess. I am glad you realise I am not trying to be rude, and I honestly don't mean to pick on you even though I am, but I am slowly trying to fight this stereotype, because that is exactly what it is... a stereotype. Anyway... before this does become something else, I will leave this post here, and just read, not respond to, your rebutle so that i stop taking away from the topic at hand... This punks gaudy attitude, ever since his first post, giving all elders reason to their agnst for us "youngsters"... Sorry if anything was took personally.

I do understand where your coming from. But you have to understand that I'm talking about the U.S.. I really don't know about the youth of Canada. Here in the U.S. you can go out to ANY cruise night, Car Gathering, Street Race etc... (every weekend) and you will see a very young driver beating the hell out of his car just to be impressive. Now I don't mean hes just racing it. He will be doing donuts in reverse in a front wheel drive car, neutral drops at 5000 RMP.. etc. And it not just the kids with junk cars. I live in an area where Mommy & Daddy buy junior just about any kinda car he wants. Theres nothing more sickening than seeing a $30,000+ car being beat on by a kid that has no clue what he has.

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, the search feature: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/009104.html -he tells us that he is accepted to med school
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/009108.html -he gets drunk and breaks his leg

I know I want my next doctor to smoke pot, get drunk and break his leg. Ah, but he'll have a 300.

I could also mention not being able to shift but I hope he bought an auto this time...

PFF
System Bot
DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by White88cpe:
I'd say the atomic weapons are out hehe, even BlackStang wasn't this much of an idiot.

Yea... I'm beginning to wonder if one of the previously banned clowns slipped in under Cliff's radar...

FieroGTChile87

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTChile87Send a Private Message to FieroGTChile87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enjoy your 300zx, I'll stick with my lowly Fiero GT which btw, get's plenty of looks from girls.

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGTChile87 (edited 07-18-2002).]

[This message has been edited by FieroGTChile87 (edited 07-18-2002).]

JEDI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JEDISend a Private Message to JEDIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love this pic...

Dude16...I tried to be nice. But you truly need to grow up. If you ever get a better car then the Z, and better, short of a super car, is in personal taste, you will probably do the same thing you did here except on the Z Boards. Have fun.

BTW here are a few turbo car driving tips.

1. You don't need to wait for the turbos to warm up. Just go. The best way to warm the car up is to rev it to 6k just after you start it.

2. Drop the clutch at your redline for the best launch.

3. Don't bother rev matching when you down shift. Your tranny can take it.

4. Just before you shut your car off, rev to the redline and then turn the key.

If you follow these driving guides, you will truly get to expierance the true nature of owning a turboed car. Enjoy

JEDI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JEDISend a Private Message to JEDIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JEDI

1003 posts
Member since May 2002

Originally posted by soup:
Ok he actually has a point there. We are pretty ugly.. we can admit it.. especially this guy here... woooww.. he takes the cake.

Man... Look he has the classic ricer driving position. Stupid look on the face. One hand wheel ghetto stye, and his other hand on his...ahem...stick I suppose. I thought he had an auto

Anyone else think he looks like a 10 year old sitting in their parents car? It kinda of looks like he is too short to see over the wheel. Rather funny actually.

Wait..here is a better pic of him

[This message has been edited by JEDI (edited 07-18-2002).]

NEPA-Bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPA-BobSend a Private Message to NEPA-BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amaz'in.... Completed High School at warp speed while working at Pizza Hut, accumulating enough cash to purchase two cars in a short driving career, and gains entry into Medical School before even attending day one of college.

All this and having enough spare time to drink himself silly, crash a jet ski, date his high school sweetheart, and cruise for a better deal.

You must be twins !

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread has brought me tears..
Thanks Dude16, that was a great show.

For the 10 hours i had my Fiero out, I got a LOT of looks.. it's all relative though, for the last year or two I've driven a minivan.

Dude16, best of luck in your 300ZX. I hope it's a manual!

Haze_Performance, I am 17, and I agree with you. All too often I see people my age buy fast cars (or slow cars.. then make them look fast) and in a few weeks or months they're wrapped around trees and light poles. I think one should not be able to get his or her license until he or she turns 18.. which would mean I'd still be off the road.
So far, I've gotten a warning for reckless driving (I was teaching myself how to get out of a slide in an empty parking lot, but still got a warning) and I've gotten in one accident. A week old driver turned in front of me when I had the right-of-way.

I'd like to think that I'm a Fiero enthusiast. I love everything about these cars.. even though mine doesn't work. If I could pay $11,000 for a 300ZX or $2,200 for my Fiero (and use some for mods, and the rest for college) I'd go for the Fiero.

Poor man's sports car? Tell that to Tina.
I'd take her car over just about any other car out there.

Now.. I'm going to be a hypocrite and say let this thread die, even though I just brought it to the top again. Ah well.

Regards,
Adam

------------------

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Adam, I just wanted to jump in here and say that's a *VERY* smart thing for you to have been doing! (practice getting out of slides/back-into-control.)

It's an essential thing to learn in ANY car IMO, but in any mid-engine car especially.

That ticket it insane, and the officer who gave it you you should have his proverbial ass handed to him. Cops should be *organizing* this kind of thing (performance/emergency driving school for new drivers) instead of ticketing for it, what a moron.

Sounds like you're an exception to the rule (I agree with Haze, most 16 year olds should 'drive' bikes. Even thought so when I was 16 )

Remenber something my Dad told me a long time ago, your right-of-way comment reminded me of it. "You can be dead right"

Keep driving defensively!
Best!
Ben

(not going to dignify thread-starter with a reply)

Originally posted by Wipe0ut:
I've gotten a warning for reckless driving (I was teaching myself how to get out of a slide in an empty parking lot, but still got a warning)

Adam

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

p4n1c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for p4n1cSend a Private Message to p4n1cEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You really are retarded aren't you? I'm sad to be in the same country as you.

[edit] added quote [/edit]

[This message has been edited by p4n1c (edited 07-18-2002).]

bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, can you ban this child?

------------------
hoop
Red
'86 GT
5 speed
Borla Exhaust
Eibach's/Poly/Kyb's

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder why this hasn't made it to the trash can yet?
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll chime in here on this whole age thing...
I've seen a lot of folks here that I never even guessed were teenagers, until I saw their pics, or happened to read about it in passing. Some have maturity far beyond their years, and deserve credit for it.
Others, however, are complete drooling arrogant morons. To be fair, this also includes some people who are *much* older than teenage.
The trouble is, as with *any* cross-section of society, the a$$clowns and troublemakers get all the press, and cause people to create stereotypes.

Dude16, your problem is obvious...

Have a nice life, Poser.

[EDIT] I've been dying to use that image. Just haven't found a thread worthy of it. Until now.

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-18-2002).]

Sophia Nova

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sophia NovaSend a Private Message to Sophia NovaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not usually one to raise my voice in a thread like this, but wow DUDE is a DICK. I can't believe...him. Accepted to medical school? How absurd. Who does he think he is, Doogie Howser? Not impressed. Anyway, sounds to me like he is a puerile perjurer, and a SNOB in the worst way...an absolute fraud.
I thought his comment on everyone being ugly was so base! How rude and mean and uncouth and most importantly, untrue.
Maybe he'll enjoy his Z, maybe not. I think he should take a picture of him inside it so we can all see how COOL he looks in it.
~sophia
AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I did the opposite.

I wrapped my 1996 300Z TT around a tree... then got the insurance money and bought my first 2 Fieros... chopped the top off one... and put a 3800 in one and a 3800SC in the convertible. I still had money left over to put a downpayment on my Maxima.

I can sympathize with him... poor baby doesn't wanna have to fix his widdle USA made car...

I tell ya, when those turbos go at 90K (READ UP ON IT... IT'S COMMON) you'll be cryin' to daddy...

First of all, yea it does have some mods, has performance chip, exhaust, filters, and a bunch of other low cost performance upgrades, I think the chip gives it at least 50hp. Took it to a performance shop for inspection and they did some other tests and it toped out at 390hp

You're flat out lying. There's no way you can bolt on 90HP with a 'chip, exhaust, filter' and whatever. Plus, it's DEFINITELY lost power in the years it was driven. If it's been modded... it's been raced. If it's been raced... You've got damaged goods.

Third, I took the car to a shop before I bought it and had a 50-point inspection done, I just need an oil change. Plus if something does brake down, I got a place to keep the car till I have enough money to repair it. But I already almost got 1k on the side so I should be good unless something horrible happens.

Turbos go bye bye

Do a comparison... Imports ALWAYS retain their value better in America. It's been a fact for a long time. It's not just MR2 vs. Fiero.

They stopped making the Z too... Nissan coudn't afford to have a failing sportscar. At least GM kept 3 decent sportscars alive... unlike Nissan.

That is until they imported the Skyline wannabe as the new 350Z.

Nissan Power All The Way

I have a 336HP Turbo Maxima... and I love it. BUT She can't touch the Fiero.

BTW - can you work at 13 in Canada?

[This message has been edited by AgaricX (edited 07-18-2002).]

[This message has been edited by AgaricX (edited 07-18-2002).]

sentinel_76ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sentinel_76caSend a Private Message to sentinel_76caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
QUOTE]Originally posted by Dude16:
the toyota MR2 sells on average for x2 the price....what does this mean? the toyota mr2 actually had some good engineering behind it unlike the FIero....

Fieros are not very parctical, not very good looking unless you get $3000 rims and low profile tires. [/QUOTE]

Ok if your going to make some sort of statistical(look it up in a dictionary) statement you might be well advised to check your facts, the MR2 does not resell 2x's the Fiero, it's even if not reversed numnuts, look it up!

The engineering on the Fiero is outstanding, it was made as an economical commuter car, not a sports car so the fact they managed to get the amount of performance out of it as they did was quite the feat. Yes the MR2's do handle better but they are far less comfortable, and "practical" than Fiero's, not to mention underpowered, but the MR2-Fiero debate will always go on, both are great cars with their own pro's and cons.
They stopped making Fiero's, really? Thanks for the news flash, I'm glad you gave us the real story instead of that whole economic and political bs story we have been lead to believe all this time and if the whole basis of your opinion of a car is what rims and tires are in it then you and the Nissan world were made for each other.

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow I can't believe I just spent a half hour reading this. *goes and beats head into wall in the corner*
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buy American, then visit V8Archie.......win trophies, and never lose a street race....

------------------

86fierose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 213
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroseSend a Private Message to 86fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

don't twin turbo's have the big fin too.....everytime dude16 posts this happens....

kinda reminds me of furious but a little tiny bit worse

Ferrari Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yea we can be ugly, especially to you little punks who think that you are bad as **** , you take youre peice of junk, if you ever get it, and cram it up youre little punk a-s!

WOW, I am thinking about buying a peice of junk NISSAN, man, now I will be able to pick up those sluty girls that I have been after for all of this time,good luck, you punk!

O, by the way, when youre peice of **** breaks down, you will see the tail lights of that car going right by you!

Sophia Nova

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sophia NovaSend a Private Message to Sophia NovaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any girl that dates a guy for his car/wallet or some other reason based soley on vanity is stupid. she could look good, the sex could be on point, but she's probably a slut or a gold digger, and if she's only interested in you for the car, how many OTHER men with nice cars and fat wallets will she/is she scoping out?
I like the look of the Z, but that's about it. If I had a boyfriend who had a Z it would probably be because a) i'm asian (which i'm not, so let's rule that out) b) i'm 16 and think Zs are cool (which I'm not so let's rule that out too) c) i'm stupid and don't know a cool car from a fag car (um...not that either)...
I don't know...different strokes for different folks but if i were going to trade my fiero for something, it would be..another fiero. my insurance is cheap, gas is cheap...only thing that costs $$ is when something goes wrong.
best of luck in your Z...really.
~sophia
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock