Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  My Fiero Is Going........( Better Car Acquired ) (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Fiero Is Going........( Better Car Acquired ) by Dude16
Started on: 07-17-2002 01:06 AM
Replies: 1050 (35869 views)
Last post by: USFiero on 04-07-2024 04:29 AM
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My clutch died on my 86se tuesday on the way to work, boss gave me off - dad now has car and is planning an electric conversion? god knows, bought my first brand new car '07 Ford Fusion, its nice.
Still have my 87 GT T-Tops with in progress sc3800 engine

btw had to bump this up cuz of the mention of the dude16 post in the other trash can thread

Edit Cuz I Own Page 18 of the Infamous Dude16 Post

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 01-27-2007).]

IP: Logged
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SEE YOUR IP ADDRESS
test!

original <A HREF="http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ipinfo/">SEE YOUR IP ADDRESS</A>

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 04-12-2007).]

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sig test

------------------

More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bigfieroman

2416 posts
Member since Nov 2000
again

------------------

More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sooo, since this thread is already in the trash can, we can say anything, right?

PATOOTIE!!
Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Sooo, since this thread is already in the trash can, we can say anything, right?

PATOOTIE!!

BOOGER!
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2007 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PDA post-test
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOLY MOLY!
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2007 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joder!!
YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL

------------------

88COUPE
88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)

DA COUPE build thread

VERT build thread

CINCYMOTORSPORTS.ORG

EBAY LISTINGS

PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finally found out how to embed YouTube!

thanks Cliff! this'll make the forum more fun

------------------
John DuRette
Custom 85 SE/86 GT
"Kinda makes you nostalgic for a Members Only jacket"

sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what the hell was that?
Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

finally found out how to embed YouTube!

thanks Cliff! this'll make the forum more fun

Dude, that was seriously deranged.
Tammykos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TammykosClick Here to visit Tammykos's HomePageSend a Private Message to TammykosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people have WAAAAAY too much time on their hands!
Helo-mech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Helo-mechClick Here to visit Helo-mech's HomePageSend a Private Message to Helo-mechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what's more disturbing, that someone MADE that video, that someone POSTED that video, or that I WATCHED that video....

------------------

My 85 GT wants more power! Somebody help find me a cheap 3800SC!

Check out my Fiero project page!

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ummmmmmmmmmm, OK.

Wow.............I guess I'm glad that whoever made that spends most of their time indoors and I'll probably never run into them on the street.
1BadGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1BadGTSend a Private Message to 1BadGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...Wtf was that?

------------------
"Like Tacobell and McDonalds, A V8 is good for the soul."

KeithGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeithGTSend a Private Message to KeithGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is rubber johnny....its on ebaumsworld...thats where i saw it...creeped me out the first time i saw it for sure
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
classic

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 05-04-2007).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
re the topic of this thread "(My Fiero Is Going........( Better Car Acquired )", i find myself awed by gas prices, and suspect that aside from the normal winter declines, they will continue their current escalation until within a couple of years it's $5 or more per gallon. my mighty duke fiero gets 30 mpg, which i assume i could get up to 35 by swapping in a 5 speed. when i first bought it, i was able to justify the extra 2nd car insurance by the gas savings over driving my 22mpg jeep cherokee. that was when gas was under $2 per gallon.

now, i'm thinking that i need to do it again. the fiero, while fun to drive and a marvellous initiation into the mysteries of auto mechanics, doesnt really solve all my needs. it's a two seater, which makes it hard to go out with friends, and hauling stuff around can be a challenge, if not outright impossible.

so ive been thinking of killing two birds with one stone, so to speak, and getting a geo metro, which while not blazingly fast and nowhere as visually appealling as a fiero, seats four and reportedly gets 50 mpg. i dont find the metro terribly ugly, and i'm not concerned about racing up to the next light, so it seems like it might be a reasonable solution.

because i love my fiero, and because i'm having cash flow issues (seems to be most of the time lately, and will continue to be till next spring when i graduate and get a real job, and hopefully a real paycheck.) i resolved that rather than seek out a metro, i would wait to see if one came to me. well, a mechanic i know told me yesterday he knew a guy selling one, a 3 cylinder with 5 speed manual, allegedly runs and drives in fair shape. the owner is asking 900, but might take 700. i asked if he'd trade it for my daily driver '84, a good runner in sloppy paint, i suspect i can find another tired old fiero to redeem pretty easily.

but he said no, so i might end up with 3 cars for a while, which is ok while i'm getting the bugs out. so, here are the questions:

assuming the metro's in good shape, and i can talk the owner down a bit, should i get it?

and once i have it running half-way reliably, should i keep or sell the fiero?

------------------
'84 2m4 se, a work in progress http://www.mtsu.edu/~mkr2c/fiero.htm
where's osama?

PFF
System Bot
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the metro has always seemed a little girlish to me but in the face of fuel prices i think its a good choice. hell the fiero used to be a girls car but 20 yrs later its a semi-classic. i saw two metro's on craigslist a while back for $1000 one had a bad head gasket and the other was wrecked. if i had the space to do some work on them i would have considered it.

keep in mind the other cheap 80's cars. the mustang svo is turbo charged and gets fairly good mileage. also the regular 4 and 6 bang mustngs aren't bad either. i saw a 4 bang mustang convert for $600 last week, good body and tires, said i wouldn't run, unknow reason.

as far as selling the fiero..i dunno. that's a personal thing. i have an 88 5.0 gt with t tops sitting in my garage cuse i can't let go. as long as i can pay my bills and eat i'll hold on to the car until i'm ready.
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:
cause i can't let go.

Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2007 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

as far as selling the fiero..i dunno. that's a personal thing. i have an 88 5.0 gt with t tops sitting in my garage cuse i can't let go. as long as i can pay my bills and eat i'll hold on to the car until i'm ready.

+1

------------------
86 Fiero GT
-Stage eleventy billion...(pieces, that is!)

04 Mustang "Terminator" Cobra
-K&N FIPK
-DiabloSport Performance Tune
-MGW T-56 Shifter

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2007 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geo Metro + Lots of N2O + Chassis dyno...

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2007 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Geo Metro + Lots of N2O + Chassis dyno...

tough little engine to take that much abuse.
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

xsrage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xsrageSend a Private Message to xsrageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmm

------------------

[This message has been edited by xsrage (edited 05-15-2007).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Siggy

------------------

MINNESOTA MAFIA Real men get blown
87 GT MP-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's____88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 119.4 miles
87 GT custom______90 Grand prix STE Turbo_____98 ZX750R
IF YOU AIN'T BREAKING STUFF..................IT AIN'T MODDED ENOUGH

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
boom-chigga-boom-chigga-boom... saving this thread (Trash Can doesn't Archive) and boostin my Post Count! BooYa!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85FieroGT3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85FieroGT3.4Send a Private Message to 85FieroGT3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is up with all the cats?
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2007 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o5zL3dqdxUg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o5zL3dqdxUg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2007 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey if the Geo don't work out, try a Yugo!
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Embedding no-worky falcon. This is the trash can, we need to kick it up a notch.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2007 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2007 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hardpact

1216 posts
Member since Feb 2006
try again

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock