Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (47999 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dskebo:

Will This seal you sent looks really good with the soft corners but it is still to narrow by 1-1/4" I dont know why. I have not modified the Dplated and when I turn the hatch upside down the sides almost have no surface sealing area because it is so narrow. Front to back fit perfect but side to side no way. All I wanted was a quality seal that fits and I feel the quality is there but mine needs to be 1-1/4" wider. Please help me here Will.

Don

Don,

Try flipping the seal around. Front to back.
Mine was mis-labeled front vs back and my first attempt to fit it left me saying
As soon as I turned it around, it slipped right on.
IP: Logged
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 Vintage Fiero:

Read the articles on your seal:
1) I have an 1986 GT -- Do you have any stock left that will fit my car?
2) I read in the articles that you were charging $95 + $15 is that still good or has it changed??
3) If the price is still good and you still have stock -- will you accept paypal??

My seals fit all GT fastback cars with factory deck lid 86-88. The price is $95USD + $15 USD to U.S. destinations. each seal is built to order and my next run will start on Apr 20. PM me your PayPal address and I will send an invoice.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 04-11-2013).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 Vintage Fiero:

Read the articles on your seal:
1) I have an 1986 GT -- Do you have any stock left that will fit my car?
2) I read in the articles that you were charging $95 + $15 is that still good or has it changed??
3) If the price is still good and you still have stock -- will you accept paypal??

I have Will's seals... best investment I ever made for my Widow....you wont be disappointed he has them listed at a really low price he should sell these for at least $150.

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, in need of 2 GT trunk seals.

Sent you a PM with my info for shipping to the Great White North.

Thanks!

------------------
Ben
87 GT
84 Indy #1863
88 GT

twa8000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twa8000Send a Private Message to twa8000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need a trunk seal. I PM'ed you. Thanks!
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent for 2 GT Trunk seals.

Thanks!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

My next run of Gen IV seals will begin on Sat and I will be shipping early next week.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my tracking number. Thanks Will!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATED ORDER AND PRODUCT INFO *****

A few months ago I began production of my Gen IV seal with reenforced bonded corners. Apparently I didn't make this change clear enough as many of your are under the impression that the Gen I and II and Gen IV are the same product. They are not.

Gen I corners were simply bonded using recommended (by a chemist at 3M no less) 3M Heavy Duty Weatherstrip adhesive. Initially it gave a good bond but once the car was left in the sun, the trunk temp would soar to 120+ degrees and the adhesive would let go.

Gen II corners were bonded using rubberized IC adhesive made for the aircraft industly. The miter joint was then coated with 3M HD WSA over the top. Stronger joint but very ugly.

Gen III corners were solid molded EPDM rubber. Each corner molding cost me $5 if I bought them 500 pcs. at a time and they still had to be bored and the trunk edge grove cut by hand. This added 2 hours in fab time for each seal and $20+, so when I ran out I wasn't about to re-up for 500 more. About half a dozen customers had trouble with the molded corners been too "firm".

Gen IV corners have a reenforcing mesh inside the air channel for strength and a Nitrile bonding strip over the miter joint. BTW, the strip is the same width as the molded corners of the factory seal. While I never intended this to be an exact reproduction seal (which as it turns out was pretty good for the time, I think the Gen IV looks better. Although mostly cosmetic, the bonding strip on the Gen IV does prevent the miter join from separating if the seal has to be removed for service your car.

I have not posted pictures of the Gen IV seal nor video but I will do so next weekend when I get back home.

Dr. W.

P.S. Mark W. your seal will ship tomorrow.

------------------

jpeeler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jpeelerSend a Private Message to jpeelerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance of a discount for people who bought a previous seal? Now that its summer I have started washing my car again and now noticed that my seal no longer seals at the corners (bought in 2011). I will eventually need two. One for my daily and another for the gt my gf is restoring.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jpeeler:

Any chance of a discount for people who bought a previous seal? Now that its summer I have started washing my car again and now noticed that my seal no longer seals at the corners (bought in 2011). I will eventually need two. One for my daily and another for the gt my gf is restoring.

Absolutely! Check you PM's

Dr. W.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
rambozotheclown

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rambozotheclownSend a Private Message to rambozotheclownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!

btw, nice black wingless GT. kinda fond of that look myself

------------------

marlonthewhitecat

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marlonthewhitecatSend a Private Message to marlonthewhitecatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Will, I installed my seal today -- it is very nice and fits perfectly. I am very happy. Thank you.
Bo

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Howdy all, my next run of seals is scheduled for the week of Jul 1 as I build them once a month. I can also combine shipping with front hood latch seals and sunroof hold down gaskets.

PM me your PayPal address and I will send you an invoice.

Dr. W.

------------------

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-21-2013).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

My next run of seals is scheduled for the week of Aug 4 as I build them once a month. I build seals to order and do not keep inventory on hand as I have so little free time to work on them. (I can only hope the travel will end SOON!!!) I can also combine shipping with front hood latch seals and sunroof hold down gaskets.

PM me your PayPal address and I will send you an invoice.

Dr. W.

------------------

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sir Will,

I am in need of one of your world renowned GT trunk seals for my 87.

PM sent

Thanks,

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - Used Fiero Parts
Custom LED Back Up Lights -
Mirror Stainless Door Sill Plates - Mirror Stainless Deck Lid Mirrors - Acrylic Hood & Trunk Mirrors
Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Services. - PCS Products. - Champion Cooling Products. - Spec Clutches.

Rides:
85 Fiero Gt, Green "Grasshopper", 86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead", 87 GT Black, 88 Formula White stock--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

Gambit

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GambitSend a Private Message to GambitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, my 2 trunk seals arrived in the Netherlands. They look fantastic. Thanks again for putting the gauge plate into the box that i ordered somewhere else. I will see if the next time i can order 20 at the time. Thumbs up for you.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are any seals available?
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you recommend using any kind of adhesive with the new seals? Sorry if it has been covered. Too many pages to read through!

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Are any seals available?

I started a new run of seals today. Vince, John , Jared and Don, your seals are done and will ship Monday. I am home this week so if you want a seal built, drop me a PM with your PayPal address and I will send you an invoice.

Jonathan, your seal does not need any kind of adhesive, as a matter of fact once it's on the trunk lip it is kind of hard to pull off. I think I sent an instruction sheet in the box with your seal. If not I can email a PDF.

Dr. W.

------------------

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 08-25-2013).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't received mine yet.
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in Blue Springs Mo, I can pick it up if I get some money back. Still haven't heard anything from you.
sniper69

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sniper69Send a Private Message to sniper69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dr. W. - I'd like to order one of your GT trunk seals. I'll PM you my paypal address. Thanks!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

My next run of Gen IV seals will be Oct 31-Nov 1. PM me your PayPal address and I will send an invoice.

Dr. W.

------------------

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Well, it's that time of year again! My annual FREE SHIPPING sale!

Orders places from now until the end of the year will receive free shipping to the Continental U.S. or $15USD off your total shipping costs world wide. My next run of seals will be Oct 31-Nov 1, following that will be Nov 23 - 25.

P.M. me your PayPal address and I will send a discounted invoice.

Dr. W.

------------------

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE ***** UPDATE ***** UPDATE ***** UPDATE *****

Now that my tooling is finally paid for I have negotiated a better price on extrusion from my suppier!!!

I am pleased to announce a permanent price reduction to $95 shipped to the continental U.S.! International orders will be $95 + actual shipping less $15 dollars! Thanks to all for you support on this project and I look forward creating new product in the coming year

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 12-23-2013).]

nealreno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nealrenoSend a Private Message to nealrenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must be missing something! I have been on the "LIST" since Oct. Than I got your PM said you "Forgot" me! Said you were going out of town and would be back next week, we would connect on Tuesday. That was Nov. 25th 2013.

Looks like you have made it back!

If it was payment that would not be problem..... this was not the issue.

WHAT IT IS?

I need 2 but I will definitely find another source. I thought this would be a win, win. We BOTH live in KC. How wrong I was!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE *****

As many of you know the past 2 months have taken quite a toll on my family with my father's decline and now my mother's failing health. My father went into the hospital in the final stages of Parkinson's immediately after Thanksgiving leaving my mother with no way to visit him as she no longer drives. Where I traveled nearly every week until the week of Christmas, what little time I had set aside to work on a new run of seals was taken with family issues. My oldest son was married the weekend between Christmas and New Year's day and following that I have been shuttling my mother to and from the hospital and bringing meals when i am in town. My father has now been moved to hospice and will likely pass in a short time, this however has taken a huge toll on my mother's health and I suspect she will not last much longer that my father. A bittersweet pill as I do not want to see either of them suffer but I am relieved to some extent that this will come to an end sooner than later.

I am sorry I haven't been on the forum to convey the situation however, I just didn't feel it was appropriate to air this kind of personal stuff. This has been a long time coming and even with the foreknowledge of my father's health issues the amount of time I travel combined with the guilt laid on my by my brothers for not being around has overridden my production for the last 2 months.

I am working on seals today to build inventory and will have a dozen or so available starting this afternoon. The one order I have, which i receive last week, will be shipped today and nealreno you have every right to feel neglected as I have failed to keep you informed. I have 2 seals set aside for you if you are still needing them and can run them up to you any time this week.

My deepest thanks for the many, many well wishes those of you posted on FB, I know my folk's very much appreciate your good thoughts.

Pax,

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-27-2014).]

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to hear about your parents. It's something we all know will happen, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

My mother passed in 2012 to cancer. It was ~6 weeks between diagnosis and her death. I'd be thankful if I'd had as much warning as you do.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

I'm sorry to hear about your parents. It's something we all know will happen, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

My mother passed in 2012 to cancer. It was ~6 weeks between diagnosis and her death. I'd be thankful if I'd had as much warning as you do.

Will, I too am sorry for your loss, as much as we know in the back of our minds that the day will come I can't imagine having it happen in a time as short as 6 weeks. I have a mixed blessing, in one way being able to spend what little time my father has easing his pain and on the other hand watching him lose his ability to stand, speak and eventually even feed himself. Watching my mother's sorrow is even tougher, they have only spent 10 days apart in 58+ years. Thanks for the condolences.

Dr. W.

------------------

nealreno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nealrenoSend a Private Message to nealrenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still in! I have PM'ed you my cell number. I really need at least one ASAP as I have sold the 86 and would like to complete the projuct without any IOU's. Please let me know asap when we can touch base.

Sorry to hear about your family. I know it is difficult to air personal issues, we all have them, some more than others. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nealreno:

I am still in! I have PM'ed you my cell number. I really need at least one ASAP as I have sold the 86 and would like to complete the projuct without any IOU's. Please let me know asap when we can touch base.

Sorry to hear about your family. I know it is difficult to air personal issues, we all have them, some more than others. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Thanks Neal! great talking with you today, I will drop your seals by the shop this afternoon

Dr. W.

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 02-28-2014).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

I am building seals this week for immediate shipment

Dr. W.

------------------

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

All seal shipments are mailed. I picked up a new batch of extrusion yesterday and this is a picture of the new corner bonding.

Dr. W.

------------------

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 04-26-2014).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

My father passed away yesterday and I am going to put seals on hold for a few days. I have one order that I have not shipped out and I am not sure I will be able to attend to it for until my next run in 2 weeks. Thank you for your patience.

Dr. W.

------------------

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

***** UPDATE *****

My father passed away yesterday and I am going to put seals on hold for a few days. I have one order that I have not shipped out and I am not sure I will be able to attend to it for until my next run in 2 weeks. Thank you for your patience.

Dr. W.

Sorry to hear your loss. My best goes out to you and your family.

Vince

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear that...You and Yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I need a few rear seals once you are back in the swing of things...we also need to touch base on the other project...no rush.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences to you and your family Will.

Hope his transition was a peaceful one.

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vince, Jim and Tedd, thank you so much for the kind words. My mother is having a rough go right now as my parents were only apart 10 days out of their entire 58 years of marriage. Saturday will be tough for the family but at least dad is no longer suffering.

Pax,

Will
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

All orders have been shipped, my next run of seals will be this weekend

Dr. W.

------------------

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 05-21-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock