Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 23)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (48004 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
moha2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for moha2Send a Private Message to moha2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!

Thank you!
IP: Logged
degs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for degsSend a Private Message to degsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will did you get the PM from Nathrak ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-07-2011).]

RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are these available again i need one bad FAST to Canada Via USPS PM me price with shipping to L5A 4E6 Toronto Canada
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIREBOX:

If you are suggesting a "notchy" Rear Compartment Weatherstrip is in the works, great! But unless they are available now, I can't wait. Last week I posted a thread saying a mouse ate my '84 Fiero's rubber seal to pieces, trying to get at some chips left in the trunk after a car show. I have had no luck finding a replacement. I am surprised how hard it is to find a good used one.
(any out there?)

Will's seal will fit the Notchback opening and seal, BUT, and a VERY BIG BUT:

The seal is not optimal for the Notch, and will look funny.
On the fastback, the cross section of the seal is almost rectangular. The inside (Trunk side) of the sealing surface is squared off and raised about half an inch before the sealing surface (top) starts.
On the Notchback, the cross section is triangular, with the trunk side of the sealing surface coming down to a point.

The image illustrates what I mean. The red is sealing surface, black is the "flange groove" and trim flaps...

Will the Fastback style work on the Notchback? Yes it will. But it won't look very good, and the outer trim flap doesn't follow the curve very well. It is shorter than the Notchback trim flap and does not overlap the body around the curved ends of the trunk.

It DOES seal. I was able to pressure wash all around the trunk with no water leakage.. You just have to close the decklid with more force than you may be comfortable with. And if your trunk release is weak, it may not pop 100% of the time when you hit the switch due to the added pressure underneath caused by the seal.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Will's seal will fit the Notchback opening and seal, BUT, and a VERY BIG BUT:

The seal is not optimal for the Notch, and will look funny.
On the fastback, the cross section of the seal is almost rectangular. The inside (Trunk side) of the sealing surface is squared off and raised about half an inch before the sealing surface (top) starts.
On the Notchback, the cross section is triangular, with the trunk side of the sealing surface coming down to a point.

The image illustrates what I mean. The red is sealing surface, black is the "flange groove" and trim flaps...

Will the Fastback style work on the Notchback? Yes it will. But it won't look very good, and the outer trim flap doesn't follow the curve very well. It is shorter than the Notchback trim flap and does not overlap the body around the curved ends of the trunk.

It DOES seal. I was able to pressure wash all around the trunk with no water leakage.. You just have to close the decklid with more force than you may be comfortable with. And if your trunk release is weak, it may not pop 100% of the time when you hit the switch due to the added pressure underneath caused by the seal.

Chris, thanks for testing that for me. I didn't think it would be optimal for the notchback gasket so I have sent a piece off to my extruded to see if they can make a die for it. I am not sure that I want to jump into that yet but if I can do it with an in expensive up front $$$ for a change ( good luck with that! ) ...... Then who knows????

Dr. W
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by exoticse:

Will did you get the PM from Nathrak ?

Tony,

Thanks for the heads up! I had not seen it but just replied to him

Dr. W
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

Got your phone message last week. Looking forward to receiving my seal this week!

Michael
MTFIERO

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MTFIEROSend a Private Message to MTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Will,

Can you send me your info so I can send you my seal to be updated to the new style?

Thanks
pchrosto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pchrostoSend a Private Message to pchrostoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will - PM sent
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine finally. Installed it in minutes and I'm happy to report no leaks after a heavy rain.

John
PFF
System Bot
flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

Haven't seen tracking info. Are you still on schedule to ship this week?

Michael
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.

Austin
flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

Got my seal yesterday. I'll be installing it in the next couple days. Thanks for all you hard work and dedication.

Michael
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

haven't received it yet.

email reply sent to the one you sent me with the tracking #.
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump & due to no reply or receipt. pm & emails have been sent. any updates 4 us?
thanks.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update to all PFF members. Will's new and improve trunk seal is Hurricane Irene proof, now that's a true test. Opened up the trunk today and dry as a bone. For anyone thinking about getting a trunk seal, think no further. Will's seal is the best on the market. If you value your trunk and personal belongings in the trunk then this is the trunk seal you've been looking for.

Thanks Will
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, Will.
DJErikd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
received mine and they're even better than expected.
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received my two seals, one is on my 88 GT 3800sc and the other is now on my dad's freshly painted (panel off, Assembly took a lot of my time) 87 GT 3800sc. So far I am impressed with their quality. though no serious rain as of yet. Withe the proper seal my non decklid strut (only one gas shock) trunk now opens properly, lol

Thanks will and all the best with your health.
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's good.

hope i get mine soon, as it's been almost a year. hope things are progressing well with you Will.
send me an update.
PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

that's good.

hope i get mine soon, as it's been almost a year. hope things are progressing well with you Will.
send me an update.

Give him a little time, after all he is recovering and I'm sure working on a low energy level.

Dr. Will, just recieved my three pre - paid pre - ordered second gen seals to go with the two first gens that were already replaced.
Look GREAT, just like the others.
Well worth the wait.

Thanks for you wonderous efforts Doc!!
Keith
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

that's good.

send me an update.

Nick,

I replied to both of your emails and I sent a copy of the duties form and the tracking number weeks ago. Your seals were shipped the same day Lukes were (nearly a month ago!) I f you would like I will send the tracking number again via PM

Will

P.S. According to USPS left the US 20, Aug

Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate!

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 10-06-2011).]

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Nick,

I replied to both of your emails and I sent a copy of the duties form and the tracking number weeks ago. Your seals were shipped the same day Lukes were (nearly a month ago!) I f you would like I will send the tracking number again via PM

Will

P.S. According to USPS left the US 20, Aug

Will,

no replies came through to my email requests (& your email is not blocked/marked as spam) or to my PMs here on PFF.
Yes, thanks for sending me a copy of the form in July, but the items were shipped near the end of August (!).
Don't bother sending any more info as I finally got them in hand last week just in time for our 2nd rainy season.
Thanks for your applauded efforts & be well.

deloreanant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

Payment Sent. Thank you
Arlyn

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArlynSend a Private Message to ArlynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,
Received it today, looks awesome alot better with the new corners.

Thanks,
Arlyn

[This message has been edited by Arlyn (edited 09-23-2011).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Sent you a PM.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will: sent you a PM yesterday. Just wondered if you got it.

HAGO!
dutch13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dutch13Send a Private Message to dutch13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for taking the time to do this!

PM sent.
deloreanant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed mine yesterday. Just in time too. I started raining as soon as I finished putting the seal on. I shut the lid, after the third try (it now takes a little more force than I'm used to,) and when it finished raining, my trunk was dry. It was easy to put on and only took about two or three minutes. Thanks for a superior product.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will. Please read your PMs.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will ......... I'm still waiting on your PM reply .... take care
Danyel

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WILL ???
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel,

I have been in Dallas doing my final oral dissertation, boards and graduation the last 3 weeks, as of Sat. Oct. 1st, I am officially a Ph. D. (my dissertation was approved but I hadn't received the sheep skin) Check your PM's

Raydar, your package should have arrived yesterday, I will check this afternoon.

I think I have replied to all my PM's, if not shoot me another one.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Will on the PH. D .... package will be on its way as soon as I get back home on monday.

Danyel

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,
Thanks very much!

Please check your PMs.
currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by currie68:

pm sent

PM replied

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sent another pm
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all, just wanted you to know I have now shipped all current and back orders and have seals in stock for fast shipment. Those that upgraded their seals can ship me back the old ones in the box the new ones came in.

Thanks again for the support! I knew if I hung in long enough everything would work out and thus far it has!

Dr. W.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock