Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (48003 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up a coil of the first production run seal yesterday morning before I left for CA. I will post pictures in a couple of hours. I am a little baked this AM as yesterday we had a get together to celebrate Photoshop's 20 birthday, which was yesterday. (I was on the development team of PS). I never knew pixel geeks were such party hounds. OUCH. Back to bed......

Wow, my first page ownage and I am too hung over to appreciate it.....

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 02-20-2010).]

IP: Logged
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009
As promised a little video clip of the seal

Cold and snowing here in KC today so no glue up for the day. Unfortunately I have to fly out tomorrow so I won't be doing a glue up until Friday

\/\/
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent.
Thanks
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTMN:

Paypal sent.
Thanks

Got it
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! I bought an OEM one 6 or 7 years ago (for a decent price - I worked at a GM dealer at the time), unfortunately I stored it *in* my project Fiero in the cardboard box it came in. Some mice got an expensive meal that winter... Does foam rubber taste good? Still trunk-shaped, but with mouse holes all down it. Once I get the car back on the road this year I'll be in for one too. Good work!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent, Will.

Thanks!

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe -soon to be something other than red

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Paypal sent, Will.

Thanks!

Got it!
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don,t have a fasback but a + is in for you for your hard work in this to help fiero members out .. Look awsome

Rob
woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, Just sent paypal.
Thanks.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodrow50:

Will, Just sent paypal.
Thanks.

Got it
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking product Will. Luckily, I have a new factory original for now...I will probably pick one of these up from you for at least a good spare seal.

I agree with some that have posted earlier, see if this guy will do t-top seals as well. I have a brand new non-CJB passenger seal I could loan you for the project if needed.

By the way, for your next video, I would recommend you hire a better hand model.
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Returned
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 02-22-2010).]

FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

I'm WAYYYYY behind the curve on this project, but did it occur to you to add some D-CON to the rubber mix? I've got lots of obese mice around here that got fat by chomping on my parts cars trunk seals !!!

Dave K
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these going to be molded and sealed like the OEM or does the purchaser have to cut/glue them into place?
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PayPal sent
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

Will,

I'm WAYYYYY behind the curve on this project, but did it occur to you to add some D-CON to the rubber mix? I've got lots of obese mice around here that got fat by chomping on my parts cars trunk seals !!!

Dave K

Dave,

Remember that D-Con is an attractant and will actually draw mice to the bait (they gotta get in some how). You don't really want that!

Will
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Are these going to be molded and sealed like the OEM or does the purchaser have to cut/glue them into place?

These will be complete seals with completed corners. I haven't had time to build a complete sample as I have been traveling but I will be home Friday and post a picture of the finished piece. I will only be selling complete seals.

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-06-2010).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by wolfwolf:

PayPal sent

Got it
Traveltop

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TraveltopSend a Private Message to TraveltopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me down for one of the GT trunk seals.
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Traveltop:

Please put me down for one of the GT trunk seals.

Added. If you would like for me to send you a PayPal invoice, PM me your email address.

Will
unboundmo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I ask to please post a picture when installed with details / closeups... Once they arrive.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Got stranded in Boston last night because Philadelphia airport shut down for weather. When I finally made it to KC this evening I stopped to pick up the bonding agent to do the corners. You have to have a special lisence to purchase this stuff!! A special permit to buy glue? Guess it really is a "super" glue

It is supposed to be above 40 here tomorrow so I should be able to post pictures of the complete seal. I'll keep you posted.

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 02-26-2010).]

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

***** UPDATE *****

It is supposed to be above 40 here tomorrow so I should be able to post pictures of the complete seal. I'll keep you posted.

\/\/

looking forward to seeing it
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many dollars?
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

How many dollars?

FROM PAGE 8

***** UPDATE FOR PRICING INFORMATION *****

Production extrusion started today and now that I have secured an acceptable box supplier, I have am officially setting the pricing.

My GT reproduction seals will be $95 + flat rate shipping charge of $15 for up to two seals to the lower 48 states. Canada, Hawaii and Alaska will be the actual shipping charges. A am very pleased to be considerably under what GM charged! Again, if you order 2 seals I will combine shipping for the single seal shipping price regardless of location.

Many, many thanks to PaulV on digging through the dozens of shipping options as it turns out in almost every case UPS and FedEx ground with insurance are under the USPS Flat rate of $18.95 uninsured rate from my home in Kansas City.

As of this post every person who has either posted or PM'd me will have a seal reserved on the first run but I will ship on a first paid, first shipped basis. If you have not had a reply via this thread or a PM from me, please either PM me again or send me an email at wmthammond at gmail dot com.

I accept PayPal so you can send funds immediately to the same email address above. Canada, Hawaii, Alaska and overseas shipments please email first so I can get a firm shipping price and I will send you a PayPal invoice.

BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR PFF SCREEN NAME if you what the discounted shipping.

I can't thank you enough for your hanging in with me on this project

Will

IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pricing info. Are you bring them to Daytona this year?
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Thanks for the pricing info. Are you bring them to Daytona this year?

I believe Will has stated he would bring the preordered ones, and a few extras to Daytona.

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping to have posted video of installing the new seal yesterday but fate was rather against me this weekend and the temperature never got above 35 here. The bonding agent I am using must be used above 45 degrees or it will not cure (ever) and is way to toxic to use indoor (as in, my wife would kill me for using it inside!) We are 20 degrees below our normal average temp here in KC but are supposed to have a major warm up this week.

Will
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is supposed to be beautiful here today so I can finally bond the seal. I will post pictures and possibly a video today
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am really looking forward to a seal that looks better than this.
Larry
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent and maybe even a phone call if I can find your info.
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

I am really looking forward to a seal that looks better than this.
Larry

We ALL are!
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is supposed to be beautiful here today so I can finally bond the seal. I will post pictures and possibly a video today

If it isn't warn enough, you could always just find a local hotel that rents by the hour and glue them in the hotel room. Wouldn't even matter how clean the sheets were. You might not even get funny looks when you walk in with plastic sheeting and rubber gloves.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And when he walks out so high that both eyeballs are in the same socket, because of the fumes, nobody will give him a second glance.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright you wiseguys Now I know why they said to make sure you use this stuff in a well vented area. WOW, this stuff is strong!

Today was an exercise in frustration. I was able to bond a couple of test corners but I did not build an entire seal. I need to build a jig to make sure the corners are perfectly square and I didn't want to screw up what little stock I have until I knew exactly what I needed to cut the miters perfectly. I should have a chance to work on them again tomorrow morning before I leave for Cincinnati.

\/\/

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock