Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (48003 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
ProjectPb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ProjectPbSend a Private Message to ProjectPbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
add me to the list for one

thanks
jeff

------------------
85 Fiero 2m4
88 Fiero Formula Project car W/3800 NA and GT conversion

www.projectpb.com for all for paintball needs check this out

IP: Logged
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well put me down for one if the price is around $100.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MRBLUE87:

put me down for one

Originally posted by g2:

I have a restored 88 GT that could use a new seal.

Please add me to your list, and thanks for taking on this project.

Originally posted by ProjectPb:

add me to the list for one

thanks
jeff

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Well put me down for one if the price is around $100.

Added
wwh0001

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wwh0001Send a Private Message to wwh0001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boy can I use these. I would like at least two. I have four gts and two of them are in desperate need.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wwh0001:

Boy can I use these. I would like at least two. I have four gts and two of them are in desperate need.

Added
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009
*** UPDATE ***

I had a conference call with my fabricator today and got an update on the samples. As I may have mentioned earlier, the tooling is now complete but the samples have not be extruded, their chemist is making the compounds as we speak. They should be done possibly as early as end of week next week so samples will follow shortly there after.

Those of you I have already contacted about being a test site should have them by the last week of Oct. but there will likely only be enough sample gasket to do about 8 seals total (100' yields about 8 gaskets) so I am unable to handle more test site as of now. Once those first 8 seals have passed inspection, we can press on with full production which will take 4-6 weeks for the first full run.

This is really getting exciting for me as it is like anticipating Christmas. Again, thanks for all of the support and interest. I will have more to report in a couple of weeks :thumpbsup:

\/\/
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity, how many order do you have thus far? I would have to imagine your well over 100??
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any orders yet. I have a lot of inquiries but no orders. One does not equal the other.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*** UPDATE ***

I should be picking up the sample gasket footage this week. With any luck I will have test seals to ship to you testers (you have already been contacted) this week as well. Once the evaluation (test fitting and general impressions) we should have full production within 6 weeks. Woo Hoo!!

Thanks kids

Will
sergioazevedo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keep me posted on price. maybe interested
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cant wait, just painted her and replaced all the seals and older gaskets, this is the only one on my fiero that looks like a POS

PFF
System Bot
Tabihs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TabihsSend a Private Message to TabihsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested when you get some product in.
Fiero Bob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero BobSend a Private Message to Fiero BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add my name to your list.
Thanks,
Bob
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sergioazevedo:

keep me posted on price. maybe interested

Originally posted by Camel:

cant wait, just painted her and replaced all the seals and older gaskets, this is the only one on my fiero that looks like a POS

Originally posted by Tabihs:

Interested when you get some product in.

Originally posted by Fiero Bob:

Please add my name to your list.
Thanks,
Bob

Added all
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any update yet Will? I figured if you did you'd post anyhow, just keeping the excitement alive.

Brent

------------------
Brent
1988 Formula - Fastback Coversion **CJB T-Tops**

Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow 6 weeks out. I can probably hold out that long. Put me down for 1 maybe 2.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! How did I miss this?!

I'm in for one. Maybe two.
Please PM me if I lose track of the thread.

Thanks!

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe -soon to be something other than red

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dizzixx:

wow 6 weeks out. I can probably hold out that long. Put me down for 1 maybe 2.

Originally posted by Raydar:

Wow! How did I miss this?!

I'm in for one. Maybe two.
Please PM me if I lose track of the thread.

Thanks!

Hey Gang,

Just got to Louisville, KY for a workshop I am doing here tomorrow. I am supposed to have samples this week but I haven't been in contact with my fabricator since last week. I will get home tomorrow evening and call them on Thursday to find out the scoop. We had planned a target date of Oct. 31 which is this Sat. so keep your fingers crossed.

Dizzixx and Raydar, got you added.

\/\/
TEXASGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2009 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too
reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pleaase add me to your list.
Thanks
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add my name to the list. Are these going to be made out of better material than the original gaskets?
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TEXASGT:

Me too

Originally posted by reborngt:

Pleaase add me to your list.
Thanks

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Add my name to the list. Are these going to be made out of better material than the original gaskets?

Added

\/\/

msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down as a probably...
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*** UPDATE ***

Well, try as I might, I wasn't able to get my samples run yesterday or today. I'm kind of low man on the customer list for them so they will be ready on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I am in New England all next week (flying to Burlington, VT tomorrow, then Concord, NH, Manchester, NH, Danvers, MA and ending up in Hartford, CT on Friday) so I won't be able to pick them up until a week from Monday (I will be home that entire week). The good news is that fellow Fiero owner Mike G. who lives about 5 blocks from me is going to help me make up the samples and get them shipped out to my testers. We are also going to shoot an install video so you will be able to see how the prototypes come out.

Originally posted by msweldon:

Put me down as a probably...

Added

Thanks for hangin' in with me while we "hurry up and wait"

\/\/
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a lot for the update! Can't wait to hear how they turn out. Be careful on your trips, we'll all be waiting!

------------------
Brent
1988 Formula - Fastback Coversion **CJB T-Tops**

vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,
I just want to make sure I know what this seal is. Are you referring to the front trunk or engine compartment? Also, is the seal synonymous to the weather-strip? Finally, would this be only for the GT's? I've checked the P22 parts list book and they all seem to have the same type of weather-strip or seal as you call it. If it's the same and can be used for the SE, then put me down for one.

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hood = front, trunk = rear. Trunk seal = rear trunk gasket. All Fieros have an isolated trunk under the rear decklid. The GT has a unique, rectangular seal that compresses to seal the trunk area from the engine compartment when the decklid is closed. It also overhangs the gap between the body panels and the steel space frame to prevent water from dripping down that gap. I am reproducing that seal which over time fails and is no longer produced.

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 11-01-2009).]

rdppilot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rdppilotSend a Private Message to rdppilotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will most definetly take one when they are ready, keep us posted. Thanks
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, your visiting my town! What are you doing in Danvers?
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Teaching a Photoshop class at the Sheraton. I might be "forced" to run over to the Glouchester House for a lobster as well
Nilknarf

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If its around $100, put me down for 1 definately.
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Teaching a Photoshop class at the Sheraton. I might be "forced" to run over to the Glouchester House for a lobster as well

Is that supposed to be Gloucester

It’s pronounced Gloster. Or Glosta if you’re from Revea (Revere, MA)... It’s a Boston thing (we don't use "R")...

BTW, I stayed at the Sheraton Ferncroft after my wedding...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 11-02-2009).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Is that supposed to be Gloucester

It’s pronounced Gloster. Or Glosta if you’re from Revea (Revere, MA)... It’s a Boston thing (we don't use "R")...

BTW, I stayed at the Sheraton Ferncroft after my wedding...

I know, I typo'd (typing on my phone, damn auto correct) Ever heard of Laurens Hammond of Hammond Organ (Hammond Castle in Gloucester)? He was my great uncle. My paternal grandmother was an artist and lived in Rockport for 50 years. Both of my folks are from Boston. My grandparents are from Rockport, Arlington, Worcester (insert goofy pronunciation here, y'all talk funny hehehe....) and Belmont. My maternal grandfather owned Boston City Ice Co. Odd I ended up in Kansas City

BTW, the "r" thing is kind of funny as you add them to things that don't have it, like idear, (idea) and Pauler (Paula). Must be what you do with all the leftover r's
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2009 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was born in Worcester! June of '72. That is all.

Tony
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha...
I grew up in Watertown... Small world...
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** Update ****

The sample run was done today! I am traveling until Friday but will pick them up on Monday and hopefully get them out early next week.

This will also give me a chance to see what kind of shipping charges we will have as well.

Finally!

Originally posted by Nilknarf:

If its around $100, put me down for 1 definately.

Added

\/\/
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

***** Update ****

The sample run was done today! I am traveling until Friday but will pick them up on Monday and hopefully get them out early next week.

This will also give me a chance to see what kind of shipping charges we will have as well.

Finally!

Added

\/\/

great job Will, when you get a chance give me a call. my phone contacts where trashed when my phone was upgraded yesterday.
D.

gtmagic86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtmagic86Send a Private Message to gtmagic86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me to your list. Definitely in need of one of these!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

great job Will, when you get a chance give me a call. my phone contacts where trashed when my phone was upgraded yesterday.
D.

Dean,

I'll call you after my class is over (after 5:00pm EST)

Originally posted by gtmagic86:

Please add me to your list. Definitely in need of one of these!

Added
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock