Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (47956 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will PM Sent
IP: Logged
MattMan

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MattManSend a Private Message to MattManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

I sent you a PM awhile ago with no reply. Please check your PM's

Matt
88PontiacFieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88PontiacFieroGTSend a Private Message to 88PontiacFieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a picture of the short side lip/trunk without the seal on? When I got my fiero, the seal leaked really bad and it appears someone globbed a bunch of white silcone in the corners/side in attempt to fix it. I think it has caused water to flow differently than intended, so I am looking for a picture without the seal so I can tell what is supposed to be there and what isn't. I don't want to install my new seal with some of the intended flow paths sealed shut and have the same problem (not to mention, the white silcone looks terrible). Any help would be great. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by 88PontiacFieroGT (edited 10-11-2010).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have heard two different stories on the sealant. I have heard several people tell me that The trunk seal did not come from the factory with any kind of sealant on it. However, all three of my Fieros, all from different previous owners, had clear (originally white faded to milky yellow) silicone based sealant globbed into all four corners as well. I don't know which is correct by my seals do not need any sealant at all.

\/\/
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will check your PM need payment request.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

Will check your PM need payment request.

Angel,

Invoice has been sent

\/\/
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

HELLO!

i'd like to get one please (fastback).
Could you pls pm me asap with price & shipping (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
and/or send me a paypal address & invoice.

here's my email addy: nikolaki69 at hot mail dot com.

thanks!

Nick

hiya!

still looking for paypal invoice or your paypal address.

cheers!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nick,

I just resent the PayPal invoice

Will
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indiana_resto_guy:

Will,

Those plugs look GREAT!!!
Let us all know if three fit in a box.
Even if they don't, with free shipping, I will take that many.
The new GenIII's look like they will hold up very well.
Please send an invoice.

Mera and 308/328 (possibly 355s also) replica owners with square corneres should take note, these will work with those cars as well!!

Kieth,

3 will fit in a box. I will send you an invoice for with free shipping.

Will
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

Hi Will,

Possible to just have you send me a set of the new end plugs when available? I should be able to retro fit my Gen2 seals myself, plus save you some wrok.

If you are willing to do this, please let me know of the cost (with shipping to Canada) - thanks.

Check your PMs

Will
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by CDS:

Will,

PM sent.

Thanks,
Camille

Camille,

Check your PMs

Will
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well got a ticket in the mail for rolling a red so this will have to wait a few more weeks. sorry will

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 10-13-2010).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I "think" I have replied to everyone that needed a shipping quote or invoice for the discounted Gen III seal. If I have missed your PM or post please resend as I am home this week (pain killers are makin' my brain foggy).

For those who can't or won't read back one page, I will be shipping my new molded corner seal in 6-8 weeks. As a thank you to those who have supported my project I am offering a pre-order price for the new Gen III seal at the original seal price of $95 with free shipping in the US. Not to exclude those outside the US, I will extend a discount on your shipping of $15 off your shipping charge outside the US. This discount is for all seals ordered and paid for over the next 7 days (14 days from the announcement) after which my Gen III seals will be $109 + $15 to the US market. Further, those that would like to upgrade their Gen I & II seals will be $20 + shipping.

Thanks again,

Will
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent...
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Nick,

I just resent the PayPal invoice

Will

thanks, got it & funds sent....can't wait til Christmas!

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

thanks, got it & funds sent....can't wait til Christmas!

Fingers crossed it will be there before then

Will
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will,
please check your pm...sent you something last week.

thanks
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:

will,
please check your pm...sent you something last week.

thanks

Dave,

PM replied

Will
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went and looked at the test plugs yesterday and all I can say is "WOW!" The shape needs only very minor tuning but the density is nearly perfect. I do have a few questions for you folks though.

I have owned 3 Fieros, I know some of you owned dozens, some even hundreds. Both of my GTs had a factory seal without a notch cut for the trunk latch but I have seen other that did have the notch cut. Which do you prefer? Cutting them into my seals is a very simple process that takes about 30 seconds, but I would rather not cut them unless they are requested that way. Second, there is a lot of misconception about the "weep holes". These were not installed to allow water and air to escape as the seal is water tight. They were part of the injection molding process to inject Nitrogen. It prevented the heated seal from collapsing while the corners were molded on. They do however allow the seal to compress without trapping air in the upper balloon. I have made my seal using both methods. Again, which do you prefer?

Remember the free shipping offer ends next Monday so drop me a note with your email address and I will send you a PayPal invoice for the discounted Gen III price.

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 10-19-2010).]

Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Luke,

Replied to your PM

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 10-19-2010).]

labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will, i sent you another pm...thanks
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

HAGO!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumpity because we get an extra hour of fun this weekend...
ddddc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ddddcSend a Private Message to ddddcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

PM sent
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say this is one of the best things to ever happen forn the fastbacks in a long time. unfortunatley i found a perfect OEM one in the bone yard so i wont be needing one for some time but will damn good job keep up the good work.. i noticed the fiero store is now offering them to. typical.
currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will I like thr gen II you sent without the notch and it doesnt affect fitment at all looks better too.
weep holes better without. just my two cents
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
PFF
System Bot
wolfwolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent PM about 2 weeks ago. Not heard a reply. Check your PM's. Thanks
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Hey Gang,

It has been several days since I posted an update. Well, I can say at this point there is nothing to update I have received first set of samples from my molder and they are way to hard (they don't "crush" at the same rate as the rest of the seal. I should have another sample by the week's end. Further, wolfwolf I am sorry I missed your PM. I will reply right now. There were at least 3 others I need to reply to now as well.

More later,

Will
michfiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michfieroSend a Private Message to michfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Will,

Please check your PM
Traveltop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TraveltopSend a Private Message to TraveltopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will please check your PM.
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by currie68:

Will I like thr gen II you sent without the notch and it doesnt affect fitment at all looks better too.
weep holes better without. just my two cents

question: would the weep holes have been there for a reason?

oh, & status update pls!
....wondering if we'll get them in time for Christmas wrapping.....

labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sent PM bout a month and a half ago and have not heard back....please check and get back w/ me....thanks
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also sent a PM a day or so ago. I think I may have confused some dates in re-reading the posts.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

Docs87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Docs87gtSend a Private Message to Docs87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so was a price established? i just read through 3 pages of people interested but i havent seen the price id rather not go through all 17 pages if at all possible but i will continue reading
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I "think" I have replied to everyone that needed a shipping quote or invoice for the discounted Gen III seal. If I have missed your PM or post please resend as I am home this week (pain killers are makin' my brain foggy).

For those who can't or won't read back one page, I will be shipping my new molded corner seal in 6-8 weeks. As a thank you to those who have supported my project I am offering a pre-order price for the new Gen III seal at the original seal price of $95 with free shipping in the US. Not to exclude those outside the US, I will extend a discount on your shipping of $15 off your shipping charge outside the US. This discount is for all seals ordered and paid for over the next 7 days (14 days from the announcement) after which my Gen III seals will be $109 + $15 to the US market. Further, those that would like to upgrade their Gen I & II seals will be $20 + shipping.

Thanks again,

Will

tada...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock