Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 27)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (47955 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
Nilknarf

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

Any updates on my weatherstrip? Still waiting for it to arrive.

IP: Logged
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Jason, Al and Bill. Your seals were just dropped off at the Post Office. Let me know if you didn't get your tracking numbers I can PM them to you.

What a wild couple of weeks

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my seal on Thursday and it looks great. I won't get to fit it till spring but it teally looks great!
Positive feed back left.
Thanks
Al
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ruben,

Your seal shipped today

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009
***** UPDATE *****

As my stock of molded corners starts to dwindle I am looking at whether or not I will invest in another batch of parts. I have to order 500 pieces at a time and the cost is going up. Add to this, making a molded corner seal ended up taking nearly twice the amount of time as the bonded corners. (So much for it saving time ). I have been working with my extruder on a possible Gen VI solution I will be prototyping in the next few weeks. I may ask a few of you to be Guinea Pigs for my and test the new seal. Nelson, you in particular will really dig this new solution.

Will

------------------

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009
The other day I received a very nice PM from Bruce, who had a problem with one of my seals a few pages back. Not only did he apologize for his rants but owned up to his mistake. He is one of the exceptions on this forum that when a mistake is made he owned up to it and made it right. Props to you Bruce and I very much appreciate the gesture and olive branch. In the world of anonymity it seems very easy to take pot shots at others when you are not looking them in the eye. I have seen so many threads where people with no vested interest in the thread will berate someone they have never met nor dealt with. Better keep your opinions to yourself because there are always 2 sides to every story. Over the last 2+ years there have been times when, due to my travel schedule or my health I have been a less than stellar communicator. I have always made the effort to make things right however. I should never have let the lapses happen in the first place but like many people, I make mistakes and have bad days. Bruce simply had a bad day and everything is good now. Sometimes all it takes is communication.

Thanks to all of you for your support of my project This year I have much to be thankful for. My health is good, heck I have probably gained back way more weight than I should have Travel will soon slow down, for nearly a month off and I can finally put some much needed time in on my Fiero to get it ready for paint and bodywork. Happy Thanksgiving one and all. (this includes you North landers and overseas folks as well )

Dr. W.

------------------

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 11-21-2012).]

justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:
...My health is good...

That, ...right there, ...is what matters most.

Thanks again for offering this product to the Fiero community

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 3.4L pushrod build up | Blog | My Portfolio site
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, kinda a bit off topic, but still something you sell, or hopefully do I have heard rumor that you are working on that foam rubber hood lock surround thingy (Can ya tell I have no clue what it's called?).

I did search on the forum, and didn't find you posting about it in other threads, that I could find with PFF search anyways... If so I am interested, and in need of one. If not, free bump for this thread
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JP

That would be this thread hood latch seals . They actually went into production today and we will have inventory Dec 7-10..

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 11-28-2012).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

JP

That would be this thread hood latch seals . They actually went into production today and we will have inventory Dec 7-10..

Will

Ahhh that's why I didn't find it, Jimmy posted the thread, and I was searching for posts from you. Headed over there now to place my order. Thanks! ! ! ! !

alec_pr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2012 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alec_prSend a Private Message to alec_prEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Will

Send you a PM about my shipping on USPS. I'm anxious to get it installed

Thanks again

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alec_pr:

Hi Will

Send you a PM about my shipping on USPS. I'm anxious to get it installed

Thanks again

Ruben,

USPS finally sent me an update, it was out for delivery today. How the heck did they ship it, by row boat??? Left K.C. on 11/20 Priority Mail to PR sucks!

Dr. W.

------------------

alec_pr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alec_prSend a Private Message to alec_prEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will

I just received today..... Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! hope to take some pics and post them!!!

Take care!!! nad Thanks again

Ruben
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, PMs sent ...
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the cost now for a trunk seal?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 01-14-2013).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump - what happened to Will ?
John Black88GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent about an order.
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in current availability. My seal has seen better days.
rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested as well.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul,

Check you PMs you seals is on the way and I will resend your tracking number

Dr. W.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by John Black88GT:

Pm sent about an order.

John,

PM sent.

Dr. W.
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by masospaghetti:

Interested in current availability. My seal has seen better days.

Originally posted by rennoc442:

Interested as well.

I will have my next run of seals ready to ship later this week.

PM me your PayPal address and I will send you an invoice.

Dr. W.

------------------

John Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Will, I have still not received my seals. You had told me that you were going to check with USPS a few days ago. Have you heard anything from them?
Thanks,
John
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John Black88GT:

Hi Will, I have still not received my seals. You had told me that you were going to check with USPS a few days ago. Have you heard anything from them?
Thanks,
John

John,

Check your PMs. I sent your tracking info.

Will
John Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2013 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got it. Thanks Will!
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rice.1:

PM sent.

PM returned

Dr. W.

------------------

John Black88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John Black88GTSend a Private Message to John Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my seals today. Will put them on this weekend.
Thanks Will!!!
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
redbird350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redbird350Send a Private Message to redbird350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a seal. 88 GT
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redbird350:

PM with order information sent

Dr. W.
PFF
System Bot
redbird350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redbird350Send a Private Message to redbird350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redbird350:

redbird350, do you know how to check you PM's? I ask this because it appears that you are new to the forum and my not be familiar with the Private Message functions? I sent you a PM earlier today. If you are not familiar with the PM functions you can also email me at wmthammond at gmail dot com.

Dr W.

------------------

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 02-23-2013).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

All of my current orders have shipped, including the one that was placed yesterday. This morning I decided it was time to get to the bottom of my shipping woes. Those that know me are aware that I travel nearly every week and I build seals on the weekends that I am home. I will be the first to admit that sometimes I am not the best communicator when I am on the road. I cannot log in to PM's via my iPad nor iPhone so I can't read my PM's.

Over the last 5 months I have 9 instances where seals were dropped at my local Post Office and took longer than 11 days to reach their destination!! Today I went to speak to the P.O. Manager to find out how this is possible. I got into a very heated argument with him and was asked to "vacate the premisses" by their security officer or I would be arrested. Here is what I was told:

1) My boxes, which are 20" x 14" x 4" and weigh 3 lbs. 8 oz., are too large to put in a the daytime drop box. I must physically hand them to a Postal Employee or place them on the loading dock where commercial accounts leave their packages.
2) This means that I must make sure that I can have boxes delivered to the Post Office's counter (think 30 min. waiting in line each time) or their loading dock during business hours only. On Sat. that means I must be there by 12:00 noon. Weekdays I must drop them by 5:00pm.

3) There is an unattended night drop box on their loading dock that is picked up at 4:00pm weekends and 6:00pm weekdays but anything that is deposited can (and apparently IS put aside for up to 5 DAYS before sorting!!! I went through every one of my delayed packages and every one of them was delayed because I used the night drop box. ARE YOU FREAKIN' SERIOUS??????

4) Priority Mail and Express Mail services are NOT guaranteed delivery in a given time frame. The Post Office routinely advertises 2-3 day delivery on Priority Mail, however the fine print says "this is an average and is not intended to reflect actual delivery times nor guarantee". THIS IS BLATANT FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING
When I pointed this fact out to the inept "Manager" I was asked to leave as I was "making a scene"

5) Priority Mail has seen 5 price hikes in the 3 years I have been making trunk seals. Yet during that time offices hours have been cut back, shipping times have been extended and delivery is no longer guaranteed. The Post Office is the only Government agency that has guaranteed retirement funding for 75 years in advance (thanks to my friend Andy White, a retired 30 years Postal worker for that bit of information ). They aren't losing money, they are making sure they don't get cut out of their bloated pensions!!! Something the public sector pays for and has no control over. Thier pension is 3 times the national average, and you are paying for the B.S. service.

End of rant.........
redbird350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redbird350Send a Private Message to redbird350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, PM sent...
dskebo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dskeboSend a Private Message to dskeboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will This seal you sent looks really good with the soft corners but it is still to narrow by 1-1/4" I dont know why. I have not modified the Dplated and when I turn the hatch upside down the sides almost have no surface sealing area because it is so narrow. Front to back fit perfect but side to side no way. All I wanted was a quality seal that fits and I feel the quality is there but mine needs to be 1-1/4" wider. Please help me here Will.

Don
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dskebo:

Will This seal you sent looks really good with the soft corners but it is still to narrow by 1-1/4" I dont know why. I have not modified the Dplated and when I turn the hatch upside down the sides almost have no surface sealing area because it is so narrow. Front to back fit perfect but side to side no way. All I wanted was a quality seal that fits and I feel the quality is there but mine needs to be 1-1/4" wider. Please help me here Will.

Don

Don,

I have sent a lenghty reply to your regular email as well as PayPal about a possible solution. Check you PMs and regular email.

Will

------------------

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like a trunk seal for my GT. I don't know what a PM is or how to send you my contact info.

------------------
woodys 427

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dskebo:

Don

Will's seals are designed and built to fit a stock Fiero and decklid. I guess you failed to mention that you have a choptop with a modified Archie hatchback.
So I am guessing that your seal is not fitting due to these modifications. You want a custom seal made? be prepared to spend a "LOT" more than $100.00
86 Vintage Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 Vintage FieroSend a Private Message to 86 Vintage FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read the articles on your seal:
1) I have an 1986 GT -- Do you have any stock left that will fit my car?
2) I read in the articles that you were charging $95 + $15 is that still good or has it changed??
3) If the price is still good and you still have stock -- will you accept paypal??
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock