Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Feeler/Gauging Interest: Reproduction Hood Latch Gasket (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Feeler/Gauging Interest: Reproduction Hood Latch Gasket by JimmyS
Started on: 01-31-2012 09:22 PM
Replies: 90 (2737 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-18-2014 12:04 PM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The purpose of this thead is to gauge interest in a new product. I have been working closely with infinitewill (maker of the GT Trunk Gasket) on producing a reproduction Hood Latch Gasket. It may not seem like it but the Hood Latch Gasket is a very important Gasket for the Fiero. It helps keep debris from getting down into the blower motor area and clogging up airflow through the AC/Heater core area.

This gasket will fit all year and model Fiero's

These gaskets are a 2 part design just like the original. Doing this required 2 Tooling dies. Tooling is complete and the first prototype has been made to check fit and shape. Fit and shape are great now it is just down to which material is going to work best for the application.

The price of each gasket will be $10.00 + $3.95 shipping to the lower 48 states. Shipping outside the USA will be around $7.95? but we will have to check and figure out an actual price. There will be no discount for purchasing multiple gaskets but we will offer a combined shipping discount of $1.00 for each additional gasket. IE: shipping for one gasket is $3.95, two gaskets is $4.95, three gaskets is $5.95 and so on.

A good sum of money has already been invested in the tooling but we would like to know how much interest there is before we invest a bunch more money into material and production costs.

Pictures will follow within the next week or two once we figure out the correct materials that will be used.

If interest is high, we will do a pre-order with shipping to be approximately a one week turn around time from pre-order. I am not a fan of pre-orders but due to the high quantity of pieces that we must order, we must make sure there is enough committed purchases to justify proceeding on with production.

Please follow these guidlines when posting a reply here...
Quantity you would order:
State or Country to be shipped to:

We are not ready to take pre-orders. This thead is just to get an idea of how many we can sell from the first production run. We will announce a pre-order time frame once we know if it's worth proceeding or not.

lildevil - 1 shipped to Maryland
Flimbob - 1
Jwrape – 1
Zefferk – 2 shipped to Utah
Jaskispyder – 1
FieroG97J – 1
Deloreanant – 1
Thismanyfieros – 2+
MRBLUE87 – 2-3
Ang84Indy - 2 shipped to Ohio
dudewithoutfiero - 1
tbone42 - 1
qwikgta – 1
SC_86_GT – 1
FieroJam – 1
Daredevil05 – 1
Gokart – 1
CTFieroGT87 – 1
revin – 1
DJErikd – 2
mafv8 – 1
fierogt_87 – 1
njcwgrl – 2
IwannaIRM - 2

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 02-07-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is the part that attaches to the hood right? I was jus looking at mine yesterday and it needs replacing BAD. I'd order one and need it shipped to Maryland
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correct. It attaches to the hood around the actual metal hood latch.
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested. Ship to 75024.

[This message has been edited by flimbob (edited 03-27-2012).]

jwrape

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested. Mine is dried and cracked and doesn't cushion the hood at all. Also I think it would make the latch work a little better by taking some of the pressure off it after it's closes. Kinda hold it in the center of the latch
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would get two shipped to Sandy Utah (84092).
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup, interested.
FieroG97J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in.
deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in as well
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would snag at least two...but i have a ton of friends close to me that would definitely be interested also..tim
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in 2 or 3
PFF
System Bot
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in 2 shipped to Ohio.
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
count me in Jim but you don't have to ship mine
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested pending pictures. (1)
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES. i'll take one. maybe even two.

Rob
SC_86_GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC_86_GTSend a Private Message to SC_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for 1 to 28205
FieroJam

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamSend a Private Message to FieroJamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wold be interested in on shipped to FL.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in.

Dave 08077 South Jersey.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like one too!
Marc
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy, should have new material proto early new week.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In for 1

------------------
Christian
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd, 88 suspension, C6 polished wheels, C5 Z06 brakes, Konis, poly'd, Spec Stg 3, LED taillights, LT1 fuel injection with Megasquirt II
Next Mod: Full heim rear suspension, Koni rears
301rwhp/345rwtq
Stovebolt Powered!!!!!
06 Cobalt SS/SC w/ LSD (the slow DD)

PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 please
DJErikd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd take 2 to 92129
mafv8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for 1 please
fierogt_87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt_87Send a Private Message to fierogt_87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In for 1.
njcwgrl

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im in for a set

23824 Zip

------------------
Shannon
88 Fiero "Valhalla"

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for 1 possibly 2 if you combine shipping charges.

To Texas
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

I'm in for 1 possibly 2 if you combine shipping charges.

To Texas

Go through and read the entire first post.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in need of this for sure!

Quantity you would order: 1
State or Country to be shipped to: Just throw it REALLY hard directly to the East, and I will do my best to catch it
DandRauto

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll would take one
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
76033 Texas
PFF
System Bot
ZarZ

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZarZSend a Private Message to ZarZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be in for at least 2, 49504 Michigan.

[This message has been edited by ZarZ (edited 02-09-2012).]

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jimmy. Has it been decided yet if you'll be producing these? I could really use one.
Marc
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures yet?
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went and looked at the new tooling yesterday and should have a finished prototype Monday or Tuesday. We had made up a few samples but the foam was way to dense.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im also in for one, great price as well
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I went and looked at the new tooling yesterday and should have a finished prototype Monday or Tuesday. We had made up a few samples but the foam was way to dense.

Dr. W.

Excited

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/085541.html

701GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
put me down for one shipped to 47356
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news: I should have the new trunk latch gaskets ready for pick up when I get back home on Friday.

Dr. W.

------------------

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Good news: I should have the new trunk latch gaskets ready for pick up when I get back home on Friday.

Dr. W.

Awesome!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay