Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (48001 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be in for one, maybe two in the near future. My fastback conversion is moving along so I will finally need one of these.
IP: Logged
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
********AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHH********

GMAIL SSSSSSUUUCCCCKKKKKKSSSSSS!

Granted, you get what you pay for but I have been locked out of my email for over a week due to "suspicious activity". I guess that means some spammer used my return email address (what idiot would use their own???????) sure would be nice if you could actually speak to a human being at GOOGLE, not a chance.

I have not been able to check my messages and I know at least one of you is madder than a hornet about it as I haven not been home for two weeks.

I have a MAJOR UPDATE I will fill you in on tomorrow and the three of you that have seals ordered over the last two weeks will be shipped out tomorrow. I also have to find out wher Pete's MIA seal is as it was shipped 14 days ago.

More later,

\/\/

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 10-01-2010).]

Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, sorry to hear about your bad luck with Gmail! Hope the news is good for everyone here on your awesome seals!

Brent
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELLO!

i'd like to get one please (fastback).
Could you pls pm me asap with price & shipping (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
and/or send me a paypal address & invoice.

here's my email addy: nikolaki69 at hot mail dot com.

thanks!

Nick
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE ***** UPDATE ***** UPDATE ***** UPDATE *****

Well, as promised I have a major update for you today. Since today is my birthday, I decided to give all you who have supported my trunk seal project a big present. Today I am announcing the GT Trunk seal Gen III. with the introduction of my fully molded corners. A select few of you have been aware that I was working on tooling for a superior molded corner and we now have begun to make the tooling for the final production corners. Although I have been very happy with the shape of the main extrusion of my replacement seal, I have been very frustrated with the amount of effort that I have had to put into the mitered corners, specifically the bonding agent used in the Gen I version. Initially the seal corner looked acceptable but after a very hot summer for some of you we are starting to see the limitations in the original MEK based bonding agent. Some of those original Gen I seal have had corner failures in the bonding. The new bonding agent used in the Gen II seal gives a much nicer miter joint but even it can be very time consuming when assembling the final seal. Further the seal, although far superior to the factory unit in materials, does not look as original for those wanting a more concourse replacement. That brought me to a conversation with several of you that are looking for a more original looking seal. Frankly, I think the corners on the OEM seal look pretty rough on many of the original seals but they have held up quite well. I looked into having a fully molded seal tool made similar to the factory piece but the lowest estimate I got was $68K!! with a minimum order of 5000 pieces. Not in my lifetime!

So I started doing some mock-ups of a molded corner plug that would exceed the factory corners but allow the use of my existing main extrusions. The solution I came up with has turned out to be far better than I thought it would. Below are the samples we have made and a detailed close up of the finished joint.

This plug will allow me to make solid corners that have no miter joint.

Joint bonded in place the hairline joints are nearly invisible

The plugs will also allow me to use my existing main extrusion

Most attractive about this plug is that it looks better than the factory corner, IMHO while being close enough for show cars as well as daily drivers.

This new corner does however come at a price. The Gen III seals will see a very slight price increase to cover the cost of the new tooling. I think it will result in a superior product that is worth the extra effort, investment and marginally higher price. One other nice benefit is the ability to retro fit my previous seals with the new molded corners for those that would like to upgrade.

The new Gen III seal will sell for $109 + the same $15 shipping as before but unlike my build to order method which lead to some rather long lead times on occasion, I will have these seals on-hand for immediate shipment once in full production. Because I am being forced to raise the price on the Gen III seals I will make this offer:

Anyone ordering seals before the Gen III seal goes into full production in approximately 8 weeks (lead time for both the tooling and plugs) will pay the lower $95 + $15 shipping price of the Gen II seal for the Gen III seal. Any orders placed and paid for in the next 14 days will also receive free shipping making your net a flat $95 shipped to the US market for the Gen III seal. If you would prefer a seal be shipped immediately, the current price of $95 + $15 shipping to the US market will remain valid for the Gen II seals and should you decided to send your seal back to me for retro fitting with molded corners in the future, the seal can be updated for $20 + shipping (a very slight discount can be given on shipping if I reuse your shipping box).

I can't thank all of you enough for the support shown to me on this project!!! With over 100 seals shipped I am nearly half way to the break even point on my investment and with this new corner tooling we will have a fantastic replacement for the now non-existent OEM seal

Thanks again guys and girls!

Will
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats GREAT news Will. The corners look awsome!
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

PM sent.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flimbob:

Will,

PM sent.

Michael,

Got it,

Will
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpalump.....

These would fit the 1988 GT's as well correct?

Sorry I just dont know the exact differences between the years.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 1986, 1987 and 1988 GT (Fastback) all used the same trunk seal. The 1985 GT (Notchback) used the same style seal as all other nothchback Fieros. My seal fits all of the fastback GT's as well as the Mera.

Will
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,
I can't get my PM to work, but I really want a trunk seal.
Please e-mail me at bidenn@hotmail.com so I can get on the order list.
Thanks!
bb
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bruce:

Will,
I can't get my PM to work, but I really want a trunk seal.
Please e-mail me at bidenn@hotmail.com so I can get on the order list.
Thanks!
bb

Bruce,

I sent an invoice for the Gen III seal with free shipping.

Will
Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,
It hasn't arrived in my e-mail yet, but I'll look forward to receiving it.
Thanks!
bb
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

I am going to try and order one of your seals in the near future, as mine looks like swiss cheese. The new Gen III seals look fantastic.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Will,

I am going to try and order one of your seals in the near future, as mine looks like swiss cheese. The new Gen III seals look fantastic.

Andy,

You most certainly are NOT going to order one ! We made a deal and your seal is on me

Thanks for serving!

I will ship you one when they are ready.

Will
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Will,
It hasn't arrived in my e-mail yet, but I'll look forward to receiving it.
Thanks!
bb

Bruce,

Check your spam filter, your invoice was sent yesterday noon your time.

Will
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

Payment sent for upgrade.

Thanks,
Michael
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Andy,

You most certainly are NOT going to order one ! We made a deal and your seal is on me

Thanks for serving!

I will ship you one when they are ready.

Will

I can't. With the money that you have in this, I just can't do that.
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
CDS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CDSSend a Private Message to CDSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

PM sent.

Thanks,
Camille
Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,
Nothing yet in spam or regular mail.
You can send it again or give me a physical address where I can mail payment.
Thanks (again)!
bb
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will,
Nothing yet in spam or regular mail.
You can send it again or give me a physical address where I can mail payment.
Thanks (again)!
bb

Bruce,

Shoot me an email to wmthammond at gmail dot com and I can send your invoice again. (Now that I have my freakin' gmail working again!)

Will
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will I just recently got two of your GEN II seals. How involved is it to install the GEN III corners? Can I do it myself to save on shipping them back?
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, i'll take a gen 3 then.
No pm yet on shipping to Canada...let me know!

what's the paypal addy again?

thanks,

Nick

ps
they look gr8 btw!
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i need to read back through the posts and get ready to order a trunk seal. *hint hint*
MattMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MattManSend a Private Message to MattManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

I'm in for one Gen III preorder - PM Sent!

Matt
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey kids,

I am teaching in Evansville, IN today and when I get to Paducah, KY I will answer the inquiries about shipping prices to Canada. I only us USPS to CA as UPS really sticks it to you Canadians. (OUCH). I could fit 2 seals per box with the old corners but can might be able to do three with the new corners as there is no possibility of tearing. I will let you know.

Will
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

ok, i'll take a gen 3 then.
No pm yet on shipping to Canada...let me know!

what's the paypal addy again?

thanks,

Nick

ps
they look gr8 btw!

Nick,

I will PM you this evening.

Will
michfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for michfieroSend a Private Message to michfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will

Check your emails

T
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Hey kids,

I am teaching in Evansville, IN today and when I get to Paducah, KY I will answer the inquiries about shipping prices to Canada. I only us USPS to CA as UPS really sticks it to you Canadians. (OUCH). I could fit 2 seals per box with the old corners but can might be able to do three with the new corners as there is no possibility of tearing. I will let you know.

Will

SO TRUE eh!
USPS is the way to go for us here & even better when it's our birthdays ahem..hint hint and/or low value/sample...

...the others (fedx/ups etc) charge 'brokerage', processing, taxes, customs, service, too bad you exist and mafioso 'u da sucker' fees on top of the price of the item...merde!

thanks!

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 10-05-2010).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your going to have to put me down for one shortly. I just got a ticket for rolling a red so there went the cash. I need to save up then order one from you. great product

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

Those plugs look GREAT!!!
Let us all know if three fit in a box.
Even if they don't, with free shipping, I will take that many.
The new GenIII's look like they will hold up very well.
Please send an invoice.

Mera and 308/328 (possibly 355s also) replica owners with square corneres should take note, these will work with those cars as well!!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by michfiero:

Will

Check your emails

T

Tom,

Replied

Will
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will!!! As promised the Gen III looks really nice, and should save you a lot of time! Thanks for keeping me in the loop, E-mail me sometime!

------------------

2001 Grand Prix GT High Compression 3800 SC

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Will,

Possible to just have you send me a set of the new end plugs when available? I should be able to retro fit my Gen2 seals myself, plus save you some wrok.

If you are willing to do this, please let me know of the cost (with shipping to Canada) - thanks.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,
Send me an invoice or paypal address and I will take one of the new ones for my other GT.

John
speed1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for speed1Send a Private Message to speed1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock