Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Rear Bumper LED Back Up Lights with Reflectors - Custom Made for the Fiero only (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Rear Bumper LED Back Up Lights with Reflectors - Custom Made for the Fiero only by Snapperhead
Started on: 07-13-2012 04:54 PM
Replies: 170 (10442 views)
Last post by: Snapperhead on 12-01-2015 12:50 PM
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE 03/13/15

All led reverse light styles now on our website & in stock ready to ship -> Snapperhead Performance Website Store

L.E.D. Reverse Lights- The lights replace the reflectors in the rear bumper and will give you LED back up lights and reflectors all in one.

You can order them in white or red that look more stock. You can also order the optional 1156 adapters that will allow you to just plug them in place of the reverse light bulb so you don't have any mods to do.

With your order you get 2 lights (wire in style) Your choice of red or white, 4 new retainers. The optional 1156 adapters come with 2 custom 1156 adapters & 4 weathertite heat shrink connectors.

This mod can be removed and the stock reflectors can be re-installed if you want to put it back to stock. The output is about 2 times the lighting of the stock lights, they have clear lens and are plug and play.

Visit my website to purchase at Snapperhead Performance

The prototype reverse lights were displayed on my metallic green 85 GT at Fierorama 2012 and the final desgn was shown on my 86 GT, 2013 Fierorama best of show non-stock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members That Own Our LED Reverse Lights.

• cleppsfierogts
  • OneSlowFiero
  • FieroGTguy
  • fieroseblack
  • Coady
  • jb1
  • Carl Calderone
  • Humpty Dumpty
  • Flyboygt86
  • Revin
  • Mike Fullagar
  • BV MotorSports
  • Bradley Porter
  • TXOPIE
  • Dkcustoms
  • pegasus1848
  • Hywel Wilson
  • zefferk
  • amflyer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

msrservices took 2 great shots of the hitch and reverse lights at 2013 Fierorama.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
    Here is a few pics at night. The wall is about 30 feet from the back of the car.

This shot is with all the lights off. See how bright the reflector is in the reverse lights, about as bright as the plate when the flash from the camera hits it.

YouTube video of the LED reverse lights at night.

Thanks as always,

Vince

------------------

Snapperhead Performance - Custom Hot Rods & Accessories
    Your Complete Online Speed Shop - Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid, Hood, Trunk & Door Sill Plate Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Service - Hidden Trailer Hitch - LED Reverse Lights

Threads:
    Used Fiero Parts - Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch - Mirror Panels - Door Sill Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings

Rides:
    85 Fiero Gt, Green "Grasshopper", 86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, 87
    GT Met Orange, 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban,
    04 Trailblazer

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 08-02-2016).]

• IP: Logged
    PFF
    System Bot
    FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
    Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    I'd be interested in a set. Keep me posted.
    They would be for my 88 coupe.
    ------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder
    84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 08-14-2012).]

IP: Logged
    cleppsfierogts

Feedback score: (1)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    I would be interested as well.
    reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    I would be interested in a set for a fastback. Would like to see what I would be purchasing first although.
    Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    a bump for the weekend
    jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    I want one. Count me in.
    Steve25

Feedback score: (2)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve25Send a Private Message to Steve25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Pix?

------------------
    Steve AT 88GTP DOT com
    88 GT\3800 SC\L67\L26\4T65E-HD
    NIC Cam\Comp Cam Hi-Tech 1.8 rockers\Rhoads XL Lifters
    eBay Headers\Magnaflow Camaro muffler, 3.4 pulley
    DH Tune

Wanna go faster?

fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Possibly interested
    DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    I'd like to see some pixs and more info about the item P&TY
    Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
    Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Would also like to see some pics please!

------------------

pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Thanks
    I will take one set, as soon as you are ready.
    Steve Neyens

------------------

PFF
    System Bot
    Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Well sounds like I need to get busy. The goal is to have them shipped before Fierorama. I will post a pic after I have them ready for sale.

If you posted thanks, but please update your post so I know what style you need (see pics). I dont want a bunch of inventory hanging around for years so I will do a large run to take care of all and make an extra dozon or so.

**The 2 photos below are not of the lights, it's only to show the two styles used on Fieros**

The long one is for 87-88 base and Formula bumpers
    The short one is for all with aero bumpers

I will post a photo and more info when product is ready for sale. You are not required to buy them if you pre-order I just want to make sure I make enough for all who may want them and in the styles you need.

Thanks,

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 08-03-2012).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
    Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Interested in GT rear facia mounted B.U. Lights but would like to see pics of the finished product first. Would need a set if the custom light panel that I have on order comes through.

------------------
    " THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
    "THE COLUSSUS"
    87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
    " ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ZarZ

Feedback score:    (9)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZarZSend a Private Message to ZarZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    I'd be interested in some fastback ones. Heck I'd even drive all the way there to pick them up! How will these sit in relation to the bumper surface? Flush or recessed, if recessed how much.
    OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    I'm interested in the Fastback style.
    Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    I ordered supplies for the first run.... the GT style will be the first run. I think I will run like 15 sets to start.

More to come in the next few weeks..

Vince
    jackcastro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Add me to the list.
    Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jackcastro:

Add me to the list.

Your #4 on the list.... The list is on the first post.... Do you want the fastback style or the 88 base syle ( see pic)

Vince
    Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Snapperhead

1982 posts
    Member since Jul 2006
    Just a heads up I'm also working on some LED turns for the front, With and without Led fog/driving/fill lights built into the the replace factory turns.

More to come on this one after the back up lights are in production. Get ready all as I have about 10 more things coming that I think you'll like.

Vince

------------------

Your Complete Online Speed Shop - Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid, Hood, Trunk & Door Sill Plate Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Service - Hidden Trailer Hitch - LED Reverse Lights

Threads:
    Used Fiero Parts - Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch - Mirror Panels - Door Sill Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings

Rides:
    85 Fiero Gt, Green "Grasshopper", 86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, 87
    GT Met Orange, 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban,
    04 Trailblazer

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 12-31-2013).]

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
    Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    For my set I will need a fastback set.
    PFF
    System Bot
    Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cleppsfierogts:

For my set I will need a fastback set.

Got you down, noted on the first post.

Thanks,

Vince

OneSlowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Anxious bump
    OneSlowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Vince, any updates on this product?
    Thanks!
    -Josh
    Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Working on the final fit and finish, Then it's time to start casting them.. Not to long out now trying to have a finished product for the Fierorama show to display.

Vince
    kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Count me in. Notchback style.
    Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    I'd take some for my 86 SE aero notchie, I wanna see pics first though can you do colored LEDs?
    coady

Feedback score:    (10)
    Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Im very interested also but would like to see a pic of the finished product first
    thanks
    coady
    Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Update: Not quite happy with the final product so I'm reworking it just a little and should be back on track soon to post a finished for sale item. All that know me and my products know I don't sell till it's ready for my stamp.

------------------

Threads:

Rides:
    04 Trailblazer

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 12-31-2013).]

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Updates?

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
    84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Waiting on the pc boards... It's still a go

Thanks,

Vince
    PFF
    System Bot
    BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Interested in 2 short sets.
    Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Any pics of this on a Fiero and working? Just wanted to see it. Sounds like a cool idea! Props!

------------------

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Any pics of this on a Fiero and working? Just wanted to see it. Sounds like a cool idea! Props!

I dont have a pic of the 2nd design but you can see a set of the prototypes I was using for R&D in this pic.. The final product lens is different looking but it gives you the idea.

Again the photo is not a pic of the final for sale product, I will post a pic when I have a unit for sale just waiting on circuit boards now.

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 11-12-2012).]

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    I'll take a small set for an 87 GT. How difficult is the install? Do you simply splice into the existing back up wires?

Greg

------------------

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

I'll take a small set for an 87 GT. How difficult is the install? Do you simply splice into the existing back up wires?

Greg

Not hard at all. Remove the reflectors and bolt the light in place, the wires are can be spliced into the stock reverse lights. I will also have a plug available that fits into the stock bulb socket so you dont have to splice into wiring.

Your also on the list.

Thanks,

Vince
    FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
    Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    100% in with the bulb fitting! What is the estimated ETA of avaiability? Thanks!

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Not hard at all. Remove the reflectors and bolt the light in place, the wires are can be spliced into the stock reverse lights. I will also have a plug available that fits into the stock bulb socket so you dont have to splice into wiring.

Your also on the list.

Thanks,

Vince

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 11-13-2012).]

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

100% in with the bulb fitting! What is the estimated ETA of avaiability? Thanks!

I was hoping to have them out in time for x-mas gifts but I'm not sure now. It should be around that time.

Thanks,

Vince
    FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Updates?
    Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Updates?

Project is on a slight hold. Working on a project for the 30th anniversary show. I will be back on the lights after that. The PCB are here and I should have all I need to finish the back up lights befor to long.

Thanks,

Vince
    Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
    next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
    PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
    Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay