Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Another Katatak Fiero Adventure! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Another Katatak Fiero Adventure! by katatak
Started on: 10-18-2009 03:09 PM
Replies: 717 (24333 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 02-26-2017 10:02 AM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

OK Pat, you've got my attention. What city in Idaho? If it checks out for being rust free, I'm definitely interested. Anything else I can fix. Could always just put it on DAS and have it shipped out here, or I could pay your brother if he feels like trekking out to the great Southwest.

Thanks for throwing in dibs on the car for me Pat.....I owe ya one...

No news on the Indy as of 6:00.

Oh Yeah - Page 2 ownage!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 10-20-2009).]

IP: Logged
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No hurry....I'm 400 miles from home anyway. I've been wanting an Indy for 25 years now....what's a few more days, weeks, or months?
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked the Fuel System over today. I bought a el cheapo fuel regulator the other day and it failed. I went to the speed shop today and picked up a Holley unit. Installed it on the left inner fender well, rerouted the fuel line and installed a pressure gauge (that failed too). Thats what I get fir buying cheap parts - I'll have to go get a quality one tomorrow. While I was under the car, I replaced the large hose that goes from the fill pipe to the tank and the smaller one for the vent. Got everything back together and fired it up. At first I was able to get the pressure on the cheapo gauge to read 6 psi at idle. U had a leak at the regulator so I shut her down to fix the leak. FFired it back up and the pressure gauge went to 15 and stayed there. I pulled the air cleaner off to see if I was pushing fuel through the carb - too much pressure? But it was not. I let it run for awhile to see what it would do - seems to be working but I think the gauge is fubar now.

Replacing that large fill hose was a PITA. Tore the crap out of the back of my hands. Made up some new cuss words but I won! I got to tell you, it just don't get any better than this. I mean here I am, working on my new V8 Fiero. Fixing up all the little issues. When I needed a part, I jumped on my motorcycle and went down to the corner AZ, come back, work on the car some more. Its about 70 degrees out at 9:00, the V8 Fiero is sitting in the driveway idling. A cold beer and a shot and I'm good!

Here's my new regulator:

Mounted:

Finished up:

The El Cheapo Gauge:

Out with the old - in with the new:

See the hole?

Plus the two hoses were "welded" together:

Here's the cheesy exhaust setup:

More to come!

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 10-22-2009).]

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh ya...this is going to be good thread keep it coming Pat
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<-- jealous.

------------------

N3M3S1S' Myspace

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soo...will it be ready for me to take it for a spin when I get back?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to you western folks.

86gtzone--did you used to work at Midas in San Angelo?
86gtzone

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gtzoneSend a Private Message to 86gtzoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never worked there.Worked at the base for 13 years and now AutoZone. Will get back with you on the RRR, might be moving closer to Dallas. Will not know for a couple of weeks.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Pat! I know you can do better on the exhaust. Just keep it stock looking out the back for the suprise factor.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I messed with the rad fan today. The one in the car was not working - most likely not hooked up with temp sensor switch. It is the 4 banger non AC fan and I have a GT AC fan with shroud so I decided to swap them out. I have a lot of work to do on the interior but my plan is to setup the fan with a toggle switch. The car has an aftermarket AC setup - never seen one on a Fiero. It must be a specific fit for the Fiero as it matches the firewall. All it lacking is the lines from the comp. to the front. I may play with this one and see if I can get it to work.

The Old fan:

The 2 "Old" Fans side by side:

New - Old on installed:

The aftermarket AC system:

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 10-22-2009).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep that is an old ARA aftermarket A/C unit. It was built in Grand Prairie, TX right off 360.

------------------
When life gives you lemons, thank them for the Fiero.

PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Yep that is an old ARA aftermarket A/C unit. It was built in Grand Prairie, TX right off 360.

Yep - the little tag says "Grand Prarie". I am on a "quest" to make it work!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 10-23-2009).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat, do you want to take a look at the new Getrag 5-speed I have, for your V8? Odds are I will never have a use for it.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Pat, do you want to take a look at the new Getrag 5-speed I have, for your V8? Odds are I will never have a use for it.

Yes Rick, I am interested in the 5 speed you have. I took the car for a drive today and the 4 spd is geared to low to fully appreciate the V8. Although it is quite a little rocket from light to light.....snicker snicker......I promise I never went over the speed limit......at least more than once. II'll give you a call tomorrow.

Pat

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Yes Rick, I am interested in the 5 speed you have. I took the car for a drive today and the 4 spd is geared to low to fully appreciate the V8. Although it is quite a little rocket from light to light.....snicker snicker......I promise I never went over the speed limit......at least more than once. II'll give you a call tomorrow.

Pat

Pat,

We are going to running around catching up on errands tomorrow. Give me a call and let me know what you schedule is so we can get together. I also want to go for a ride!!!!!!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rick,

I'll call you tomorrow. We have some running to do too.

Pat
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Rick,

I'll call you tomorrow. We have some running to do too.

Pat

Hey, I just saw a 6-speed gearbox in the "mall" section of Pennocks. Check it out....that would be even stronger with more overdrive!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After I shoveled the snow off then chipped away all the ice off the car, I decided to tear into the interior. At first I was just going to put it all together and then focus on the exterior but after sitting in it for about 2 hours today, I could not take it. I had to rip it all out and start fresh. I guess the first major project will be an interior rehab. I maybe entertaining the idea of a custom dash, center console setup. I'll have to read a bunch of "dash" threads. Here's some progress pics:

Cleaning it out:

Some before shots:

I do not think that these are 86 Coupe Seats - They are pretty clean!

As is condition:

Tearing it apart: Some creative wiring!

Bonus: Got a new pet mouse in the deal - too bad he was dead! Had another one under the drivers seat.

Pretty clean under the carpet!

All the trim peices have been painted a slivery-blue color. I'll have to find a quality "plastic" paint and clean them up. I think the carpet is factory that was painted? Not sure that it can be done but it looks like it. I'll just get some new carpet for it. The headliner was sagging in several places plus it's worn thin in the front near the windshield. The board is in good shape so I think I can recover it. I do not think that the dash is the original Coupe dash. It's an all black AC dash and there is a hole in it for the wiring harnes for the aux gauges. It's in fair shape - has a small crack near the defrost vent and the typical AC vent "knee" strikes. I have a perfect 2 tone brown dash out of a low mileage 85. I'll either fix and paint the one that was in it, paint the 85 dash and use it or go with something completely different? The nice thing about this car is that it is a blank canvas just waiting for whatever mods I can throw at it. It also had a complete set of factory speakers that are not dry rotted, ripped or torn. More to come.

Pat
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pat....I've got an idea. Hear me out.

We both sell our houses. We pick up 50 contiguous acres each out in the county. We build a 5000 square foot garage that straddles the property line with an entrance on each side. We split the utility bills on it. We equip it with pits, a couple of lifts, hoists, you name it. And we leave room to build on to it in each direction for ... uhmmm....future acquisitions.

Whaddya think??

See you when I get back into town.

Hmmm, you guys are going to run out of stuff to do out there at some point. So why don't I move out there on a small corner of the 50. I'll break down constantly, and since I am as good as a monkey when it comes to mechanic repair I would keep you guys busy.

Brad

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Hmmm, you guys are going to run out of stuff to do out there at some point. So why don't I move out there on a small corner of the 50. I'll break down constantly, and since I am as good as a monkey when it comes to mechanic repair I would keep you guys busy.

Brad

Come on out Brad. We could use some more projects to work on. I got so many going myself I can't keep track of them. Caught myself trying to bolt a Fiero A Arm to the front of my Monte Carlo the other day and set a pair of Fiero buckets in the cab of my 47 Chvey. Looks like I am trying to turn everything into a Fiero..... Man I need help! I'm Fiero sick!
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat, we are due for a "Fiero's Anonymous" meeting in November. Those of us with just one Fiero are starting to slip again . Must resist the urge....Almost bought another one for wifey before the Vette Gods intervened.
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pat, we are due for a "Fiero's Anonymous" meeting in November. Those of us with just one Fiero are starting to slip again . Must resist the urge....Almost bought another one for wifey before the Vette Gods intervened.

"You are getting very sleepy" ....... Come on Rick - I know you need another project. Dan has 2 and I am working on getting him a 3rd. You need to catch up.

I am planning on making big progress on the Monte tomorrow and Sunday. If you are out and about, stop by.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working tomorrow, got a nibble on the 2010 ZR1....probably will end up delivering a Z06. End of month you know. Maybe if I had your hours instead of mine. Do you need a lacky?
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Pat and Rick...

Can you guys take a break from the action for lunch on Saturday? I'll give you a call in the AM. I still need to come by the dealership and drive a new Camaro.

Pat, I ordered the same Pyle speakers as you did for my white GT. Was going to order the powered sub as well, but my house HVAC took a crap to the tune of $278....so much for car budget for the month. Anyhow, got the 4X10's in...big improvement. Gonna wait to do the rear ones and the sub at the same time. Also finally serviced the chain on my bike. My last bike was shaft drive...and my next one will be too LOL. You up for another Mesilla ride soon? Brandon is....we put new pipes on his Vulcan last week and he's like a kid in a candy store.

I've gotta do payroll in the AM, but should be done fairly early. I think I do more work on my days off than when I work LOL
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be a the store till around 5. Got to pick up wifey at the airport. Hey, I want to see the speakers you guys purchased. My back ones are starting to get tired.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 10-31-2009).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Pat and Rick...

Can you guys take a break from the action for lunch on Saturday? I'll give you a call in the AM. I still need to come by the dealership and drive a new Camaro.

Pat, I ordered the same Pyle speakers as you did for my white GT. Was going to order the powered sub as well, but my house HVAC took a crap to the tune of $278....so much for car budget for the month. Anyhow, got the 4X10's in...big improvement. Gonna wait to do the rear ones and the sub at the same time. Also finally serviced the chain on my bike. My last bike was shaft drive...and my next one will be too LOL. You up for another Mesilla ride soon? Brandon is....we put new pipes on his Vulcan last week and he's like a kid in a candy store.

I've gotta do payroll in the AM, but should be done fairly early. I think I do more work on my days off than when I work LOL

Just missed ya Dan....... I was running around this morning early and did not have my cell. Went to a HS football game @ 11 - got out of there at 1:30. -- Heehee - I did ride my bike over there (Franklin on the West side). I'll be working on the Monte and the Fiero the rest of the day.

Those speakers work great.... I just ordered another set for the V8 car.

Rick, I'll be by to pick up thet ZR1 around 3:00......I wish. Will you take 3 Fiero's, a 70 Monte and a 47 Chevy straight across?.....
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just missed ya Dan....... I was running around this morning early and did not have my cell. Went to a HS football game @ 11 - got out of there at 1:30. -- Heehee - I did ride my bike over there (Franklin on the West side). I'll be working on the Monte and the Fiero the rest of the day.

Those speakers work great.... I just ordered another set for the V8 car.

Rick, I'll be by to pick up thet ZR1 around 3:00......I wish. Will you take 3 Fiero's, a 70 Monte and a 47 Chevy straight across?.....

That might just cover the tt&l. The rest we can take care of on our "easy finance plan"........ What speakers did you guys get?????

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That might just cover the tt&l. The rest we can take care of on our "easy finance plan"........ What speakers did you guys get?????

The only easy payment plan I can afford is the 10.00 a week one. I don't think that will get me in the ZR1.

I got these off of Amazon.com. Not sure where Dan got his. I noticed that the speakers are available from Wal Mart on thier web site. They are fairly cheap - I think I paid 32.00 for the front pair and 28.00 for the back pair. They are rated at 300 watts for the fronts and 240 watts for the rears but I don;t think they would take that much power. I hooed them up to a 50 watt per channel JVC deck and hooked up the Boss sub/amp and it is perfect for my taste.....

Fronts

Backs

Sub/Amp

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 10-31-2009).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Did some work on the interior pieces today. I cleaned all the plastic with some degreaser then hot soapy water then hot clear water. I used a red scotch birght pad and went over them then wiped em down wiht a tack cloth. I picked up a can of Rustoleum Plastic Paint in the Black Textured flavor. So far so good. I am not sure how it will "wear" but I think it looks good. At least better than the silver-blue.

Ready for paint

After

I put 3 coats on them - letting them dry for an hour then lightly scuffed between coats

The speaker cover cloth on the B pillar trim was pretty skunky. I wanted to take the grills off so I used my dremel on the back side and cut off the "head" of each stud. I pulled the cloth off and I think I will just paint the grills a dark gray to match the brake light cover and the interior light fixture which I am leaving the factory dark gray. I will come up with some fancy dancy way to fasten the grills back to the pillar cover.

The right side pillar cover had the fastner peg broken out so I tried my hand at filling the hole. Now before you flame me for being a bone head, keep in mind that this is my first attempt at repairing plastic trim pieces. I used some nylon screen and PC7 epoxy. This stuff is similar to JB Weld but it's all I had on the shelf. Once it hardens, I will smooth it out on the front side, measure and drill the screw hole then I will fab a "stud" to epoxy on the back side for the screw to run through.

The hole

PC7 - I use to use this stuff to repair broken chain cases on snowmobiles. It is great stuff and can be machined and threaded.

Just waiting for it to set

More later

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 10-31-2009).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only easy payment plan I can afford is the 10.00 a week one. I don't think that will get me in the ZR1.

I got these off of Amazon.com. Not sure where Dan got his. I noticed that the speakers are available from Wal Mart on thier web site. They are fairly cheap - I think I paid 32.00 for the front pair and 28.00 for the back pair. They are rated at 300 watts for the fronts and 240 watts for the rears but I don;t think they would take that much power. I hooed them up to a 50 watt per channel JVC deck and hooked up the Boss sub/amp and it is perfect for my taste.....

Fronts

Backs

Sub/Amp

Do the rear ones fit easily behind the grill without cutting? The sub is interesting. How hard is it to hook up to a stock head unit? I might put one in wifey latest toy.

Nice work on the trim panels! Why would someone paint them silver blue????

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rick,

The rear ones fit a little tight but they do fit with out any cutting of denting - just some wiggling and a few choice words. The Sub was easy with the new JVC we put in - just plug and play. Not sure about hooking it up to a stock unit. I am sure we can make it work though. I was pretty impressed with the sub. They make one in a 10" 1200 watt too - the case is a little thicker - like 3/4". For the Fiero, I think the 8" 600 is just right - of course Andy thinks it needs to have two.
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat......I got the exact same speakers as you did, got them off Amazon. Sub will happen next month.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pat......I got the exact same speakers as you did, got them off Amazon. Sub will happen next month.

Very nice...... How's the sound? You will not believe what it sounds like with the Sub - I was sceptical but it made a huge difference. I have another set coming for the V8 car. I have a Sony Xplod system in the XTC - I think we will be channging it out for the same setup.

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got around to working on the V8 Coupe some today. I have too many projects going on but finally got some time to play with the Fiero. A week or so ago, I tried my hand at repairing one of the B Pilar trim pieces that was broke. Where the trim scew goes through the piece and fastens to the door frame was broken out with a dime size hole and there is a "stud" or spacer there to hold the trim piece in the corect location. I used some PC-7 and some nylon window screen and atched the whole. Today, I used a pen tube and cut a piece the same length as the oppostie side trim piece. I measured the whole in the good one and drilled a new hole in the repaired one. I then bolted the tube to the trim piece and used some more PC-7 to bond it into place. I am hoping it will turn out and work fine.

A shot of the "hole"

The "Magic" stuff

Hole filled

New hole drilled

New screw boss installed and letting the epoxy cure

I will be cleaning and attempting to dye the carpet tomorrow.

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-10-2009).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today was a Shampoo, Rinse, Shampoo and rinse again kind of day. I got the old blue carpet cleaned. It was a big job but I finally got it.

Not even close yet:

After the second run:

The carpet had been dyed - it was origianlly grey:

Looking better now:

Re Dyed and ready to go:

I have the drivers side left to dye then I need to finish painting the trim pieces. I will be trying some glass work this weekend. Going to attempt to build a custom console!

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-13-2009).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the driver side done today. I used Rustoleum Fabric and Vinyl paint for the first side and tried the Dupli Color Vinyl and fabric paint for the driver side. I could not believe the difference. The Dupli Color is far superior to the Rustoleum for coverage and penetrations plus it has a much softer feel when its dry. I used the stiff brush trick on the Dupli Color too and it makes a big difference. This morning when I took the Rsutoleum side out into the sun, it had a blue tint to it. I brushed it real hard and then gave it a coat of the Dupli Color. It looks great. Some have said that the Dupli Color will start to where after awhile? I guess I'll see. This will not be a daily driver. It will most likely see limited Saturday/Sunday drives locally so I am not too woried about wear. This will be a true project car for me as I intend to build this car into the "custom" Fiero I ahve always wanted to build. One of the goals is to do it with as little cost as possible. So far so good! Right now I have about 2500.00 total in the car. Pretty cheap for a V8 Fiero of any kind.

Some progress pics from the day.

Coating the Driver side carpet:

The Passenger side prior to re coating it with Dupli Color:

Passengers side after recoating:

Driver side done:

Some of the trim pieces I had to finish:

All the pieces complete:

More to come!

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-14-2009).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Next I will finish the dash board and the door panels. Hopefully I'll have these done by Sunday. I have to shampoo the carpe on the door panels - they are filthy and remove the driver side door panel from the car. I dismatled the "donor" dash today and removed the AC duct, the vents and the map pocket. I used the wife's hand held steam cleaner to clean the dash. The Dash is near perfect condition and has two tiny cracks at the defrost vent. No "knee" cracks of breaks. I plan on installing 6X9's from under neath prior to installing.

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Once the dash and door panels are installed, I am going to attempt to build a custom console from the gauge pod to the ECM. I do not have an ECM in the car so I can make the back of the console shallow to just cover the wiring harness. I have wide shoulders and I think this will add some comfort for me. I am planning on using dynamat on the floor boards but not sure I want to spend the money for dynamat. Maybe I'll just give the inside floor pan a good coat of bed liner material? I did that on my 47 Rat Truck and it took all the "tinny" sound out of the interior.

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a lot to report today. I really hate to have a whole day off and not get what I wanted to do done. My Wife had foot surgery last Wednesday so I am semi baby sitting her - no weight on the foot for 6 weeks! So everything I do, takes a lot of "extra" time. Not complaining! Also, my youngest son had a State HS football playoff game today. Kick off was Noon so the tailgating started @ 9:30 AM. Now who tailgates at 9:30 AM? Anyway, I spent the whole day there - we lost 10 to 7 against Odessa - Permian ("Friday Night Lights" fame). It was a great game. We led 7 to 3 till the last 3 minutes of the game. We played them last year in the first round and they beat us 62 to 14 so I guess we showed some improvement over last year. After the game, I had lots of "honey do" stuff so before it got dark, I could only manage to get the drivers side door panel off. Should have a lot to report tomorrow evening. I have to make up for lost time today.

Pat
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Pat...

Sometimes it's better to have a day away from it too.....makes it that much more fun when you get back to it. Sounds like the football game was fun.....Next year Permian goes down.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock