Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Another Katatak Fiero Adventure! (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Another Katatak Fiero Adventure! by katatak
Started on: 10-18-2009 03:09 PM
Replies: 717 (24330 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 02-26-2017 10:02 AM
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Here's what I was thinking with the center caps. I will cut a whole in the center the correct size for a Fiero center cap to snap into the Baretta center cap. If it fits too loose, I can epoxy it in place.

Pat

Pat, get me a part number for that cap. It should be on the back. There are a couple that look similar.
IP: Logged
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Rick - here is what's on the back:

MOLD - 138
CAV - 1
DEL MET
BOC
SAE
PPE-PA
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it. Hope there are some out there. If so I will find them.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No pics today but I did get a lot done. I wanted to clean up the engine bay wiring some so I dove in. Got it the way I want it for now. Later I will completely redo the harness.

More later!

Pat

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made some progress today! I fabbed up a fiberglass panel to plug the hole in the firewall. I layed the glass tnight out in the workshop. Seems I locked a wild kitten that has been living under my 47 in the workshop last night. When I opened the shop this morning, the kitty went scampering out and I had nice kitty tracks in my fiberglass panel!

This morning, I trimmed out the panel, sanded and painted it and got it installed - turned out great. Also got all the "mice" chewed wiring fixed and the lights all working. Around noon, the Bus pulled up in the driveway. Spent the next few hours installing new door locks and a trunk lock in the Bus. Frizlefrak stopped by in his White GT - it was a full day of Fiero's!

Mount holes drilled:

C500 Connector hole cut out and sanded:

Painted:

Installed:

And the chewed up wiring:

Door locks on the Bus:

And Frizlefrak's GT:

Caught in the act - I put the spit shine on those Baretta wheels!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 03-05-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Pat. I am still chasing center caps for those wheels.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do mine next!!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's too much work Joe! I only got 2 of them done before giving up! I'll have to find some more energy to get the other 2 done!

Going to scour some junk yards in Phoenix this afternoon for some center caps. Spent a couple hours yesterday wandering around the "Desert Valley" classic car junk yard. All kinds of projects in there.

More later!

Pat
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That panel looks slick! Who needs AC or a heater?

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L SOLD
73 Stingray L-82 4 speed
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
07 Suburban LT2
09 Avalanche LT3

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
i'm sure i could fly a plane no problem.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found your center caps! Emailed you the link.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tinkered on the Coupe a little this afternoon. Got the front end put back together and fired her up for a little bit. Maybe some exhaust will get built tomorrow!

The Wife went shopping so I took advantage and washed some parts in the sink!

Headlights back in, trimmed out and working!

Complete!

I removed the trim for the cowl and vaccumed out all the debris underneath it. After the new windshield is installed, I will scrub and paint it.

Dirty!

Clean!

More tomorrow!

Pat
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White Fiero's are my favorite!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

White Fiero's are my favorite!

I agree Joe! Even when it's dirty, it looks clean! This one will be painted white again when I get all the mechanical stuff done!
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It gonna be even faster when you get done taking all the dirt out of it!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figure 75 pounds for the AC/heater stuff and 200 pounds for all the sand and dirt and mice nests - that's gotta be worth a pony or two?
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some of the exhaust done today. From the firewall header flange to the muffler! Does not sound like much but I have been putting this off for too long now. Time to get busy. Got a lot of Fiero work coming up. New rotors and pads on the XTC plus re grease all the poly suspension bushings and Rick is bringing his Mera over on Friday to start the suspension lowering project and do some "tune up" work. We always seem to get busy when the heat kicks in around here.

More later!

Pat

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little more progress on the exhaust today. Got both side finished and welded up - just have to complete the connection to the muffler then build the tips!

More later!

Pat

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little more progress on the exhaust today. Got both side finished and welded up - just have to complete the connection to the muffler then build the tips!

More later!

Pat

Hey Pat, you need to get you some pads for those stands so you don't scratch the pretty paint!

http://www.harborfreight.co...ack-stand-95952.html

Kevin
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Hey Pat, you need to get you some pads for those stands so you don't scratch the pretty paint!

http://www.harborfreight.co...ack-stand-95952.html

Kevin

Hey Kevin! I know. I always look at those at Harbor Frieght but never pick up some - I'll have to put those on the list!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
A little more exhaust progress - no pics! Got the piece from the header pipe to the muffler fabbed up and started on the "flange" mount for the muffler. Got the flange welded to the muffler before I called it a night. I have to make an "adapter" to go from 2.25 pipe to the 3" flange mount. Then I can bolt the muffler to the exhaust and then build the hangers for the muffler. Once that is done, I can fab up the tips.

Got a bunch of suspension work to do on Rick's Mera tomorrow so the Coupe will be taking a break!

More later!

Pat

BigGuyTinyCar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigGuyTinyCarSend a Private Message to BigGuyTinyCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Pat, is there anything you can't do? I'm starting to believe, as Dan says, that you really are Superman.
Did you do those welds with your laser vision?
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BigGuyTinyCar:

Wow, Pat, is there anything you can't do? I'm starting to believe, as Dan says, that you really are Superman.

Tim....once Pat steps into the phone booth and dons his cape, he is invinceable.

BTW......sorry I missed you guys today Pat. Long story.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BigGuyTinyCar:

Hey Tim,

I don't do windows! Don't look at those welds too close - you could hang your coat on them....They are pretty rough. Nothing a gtinder cna't smooth out though.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Tim....once Pat steps into the phone booth and dons his cape, he is invinceable.

BTW......sorry I missed you guys today Pat. Long story.

You did not miss much Dan! No apology needed. We are back at it @ 9 am tomorrow - stop by if you can - I have ice cold Blue Moons and Fat Tire's in the little fridge! Come around noon and we can get some lunch.

We got the front suspension changed out on the Mera - 1" lowering balljoints and cut springs. Then we tore the rear suspension apart and re lubed all the poly. In the middle of that, we went over to a junkyard and bought a bed for Jan's truck. He will be over in the AM to install it on his red truck. Should be fun!

Pat
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You did not miss much Dan! No apology needed. We are back at it @ 9 am tomorrow - stop by if you can - I have ice cold Blue Moons and Fat Tire's in the little fridge! Come around noon and we can get some lunch.

We got the front suspension changed out on the Mera - 1" lowering balljoints and cut springs. Then we tore the rear suspension apart and re lubed all the poly. In the middle of that, we went over to a junkyard and bought a bed for Jan's truck. He will be over in the AM to install it on his red truck. Should be fun!

Pat

Are those Rodney ballljoints? I have been thinking about installing a set of them in my car. How much did it lower it with the cut springs and ball joints?

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 03-19-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Are those Rodney ballljoints? I have been thinking about installing a set of them in my car. How much did it lower it with the cut springs and ball joints?

Hey Jake!

Yes they are RD's 1" lowering ball joints. Before we had about 4" between the tire and the outer rim of the wheel opening. Now we have about 1.5" so we took 2.5" out in the front.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Got some exhaust work done today - it's nearly there!

Muffler mounted and everything is tacked or welded in place.

This week I will pull the exhaust out and finsih up all the welding, reinstall the rear bumper and finish the tips. Hope to be driving it around town next Weekend!

More later!

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little more done this evening. Got all the exhaust welded up and reinstalled with the header gaskets. Fired her up and she sounds reat - a little loud and I'll fix that with some reonator cones in the outlet of the muffler.

A few pics:

More later!

Pat
turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please ask Frizelfrak to check his PM. I want his GT.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbodad:

Please ask Frizelfrak to check his PM. I want his GT.

Done!
turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You Sir, I have been watching your builds for quite a while. Great work. Gotta love the construction zone !!
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbodad:

Thank You Sir, I have been watching your builds for quite a while. Great work. Gotta love the construction zone !!

Thanks for the kind words - I'll give Firz's GT a plug - it's a very nice GT and I'd be snagging it for myself if I did not have 1 or 2 too many Fiero's now. You won't be dissapointed if you pick it up! I sent him an email - you should hear back from him shortly.

Pat
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody rang??

PM replied Turbodad
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Somebody rang??

PM replied Turbodad

I knew you would turn up sometime - been out playing with your new Fiero?
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I knew you would turn up sometime - been out playing with your new Fiero?

Ohhhhh yes. I now have cold A/C.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ohhhhh yes. I now have cold A/C.

Excellent - my new AC works great too - windows down - pedal to the metal! And hang my head out the window!
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Excellent - my new AC works great too - windows down - pedal to the metal! And hang my head out the window!

Yep, we all need a little 120* Texas wind in our face!!!
Adam1988

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adam1988Send a Private Message to Adam1988Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What did you use as the throttle cable holder? Is it something you fabricated? I used one I bought and it's just a piece of crap.

You do great work.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Yep, we all need a little 120* Texas wind in our face!!!

Feel the burn Joe!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Adam1988:

What did you use as the throttle cable holder? Is it something you fabricated? I used one I bought and it's just a piece of crap.

You do great work.

Thanks for the kind words Adam. Not really sure what it is off of - looks like a factory setup of an old qudra jet / GM setup. I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow - I believe I have the same bracket on my 70 Monte. More tomorrow.

Pat

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock