Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40147 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

And it doesn't normally get that hot around here to worry about it. ( last year was an exception.. too damned hot to even think about going outside )

I see all the car registration stuff, but what if you just want to come and be part of everything, and 'get the t-shirt'? My car isn't going to be in visual shape to be 'in' anything this time.. Tho i will drive it there so it can see its friends again.

Absolutely no problem with that! My car is no show winner either... Please don't let that stop you from participating though!
IP: Logged
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post11-18-2012 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Absolutely no problem with that! My car is no show winner either... Please don't let that stop you from participating though!

Bad thing is my car wont even qualify for 'hard luck' award they had at the 25th. Its too good for that, but too bad for anything else

Unless it dies before then, both me and the car will be there, i just have to see how to register just myself for the activities since the car will be sitting in the visitor lot this time ( well, except at night, i live 20 miles or so away, so no hotel room for me )
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
7 Months to go
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like quite a few new members have joined in the last few weeks, so here is a bump for the newbies and a reminder to me that I still need to make hotel reservations.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8 aka (Hat tip to Mr. J. Jones!)
http://jalopnik.com/5901950...or-her-sweet-sixteen
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm....lets see a huge Fiero gathering within driving distance of my home....Um yeah...I think we'll be there! Haven't seen a lot of you in a loooong time!

Hey does the Cavi count as a rebody? It's got Fiero seats in it!. LOL

Rob D.

------------------
Currently Fieroless...

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, chester... were you the couple whose Formula got under a semi and dragged about a mile (with you in it)?
If that was you, can you find the thread where you told us about it?
(Edit - I found that thread here)
That was a beautiful car. Was it scrapped after that incident?

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 12-05-2012).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Hey, chester... were you the couple whose Formula got under a semi and dragged about a mile (with you in it)?
If that was you, can you find the thread where you told us about it?
(Edit - I found that thread here)
That was a beautiful car. Was it scrapped after that incident?

Yes that was us and unfortunately the chassis was tweaked so it was parted out. I have to say it was my favorite Fiero that I've owned.

Rob D.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that your T-top won best of show for that years Daytona meet. It was a beautiful car, and you were both so lucky to have not been seriously injured in that accident.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I believe that your T-top won best of show for that years Daytona meet. It was a beautiful car, and you were both so lucky to have not been seriously injured in that accident.

Actually we took second in our class. Still have the trophy..LOL

It sucked but like you said, I'm glad to be around to tell the story. Many don't comprehend what happened when you tell them verbally until you show them the pics then its like - "Holy $hit!"

Out of all the Fieros that we have owned over the years (think it was up to like 13 or so...LOL) That Fiero is the one that I truly miss the most. Even over the Rat...

I may look for another someday. But it would have to be a Maroon/Beachwood Formula T-Top... Needle in a hay stack but not impossible...

Rob D.
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET!

Me and my boys will be there. How could we not? It's only an hour away!

Unfortunately, I doubt very seriously if our car will be even remotely ready, so we'll just be spectators.

[This message has been edited by Corpsmen Ed (edited 12-07-2012).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-02-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I don't mean to butt in on you event organizers however I just sent an email to Dennis Gage's (My Classic Car) MadStache Productions. An event like this, so close to his hometown (he lives in Evansville) would be great PR for Fiero Community! I will let you know what/when I hear from them.

Dr. W.

Last I heard was he really didn't like Fiero's...

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to decide if I want to take the 12 hr drive (each way) in one of my Fiero's solo. My wife is a nurse and has to work that weekend so she can't come along. (She gets her work schedule a year in advance!!!!!). I know that the 30th will be a good event but I'm still on the fence.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make the trip! Granted your drive time is a bit more than mine, but I have a serious problem staying awake when I drive more than a few hours straight without stopping, and I'll likely be driving alone as well. Unless you have that same issue.... then I definitely understand your point.

I was actually debating on making the drive over the course of two days, just to give myself the extra time to make the trip safely.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Trying to decide if I want to take the 12 hr drive (each way) in one of my Fiero's solo. My wife is a nurse and has to work that weekend so she can't come along. (She gets her work schedule a year in advance!!!!!). I know that the 30th will be a good event but I'm still on the fence.

But if you dont, you'll always wish you had
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember, there will be only one 30th Anniversary Event.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Going to be up that way visiting family, so i will make it, but it is 50-50 if the car tags along.

Going to have the wife and daughter with me so i would need to make other arrangements.

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Going to be up that way visiting family, so i will make it, but it is 50-50 if the car tags along.

Going to have the wife and daughter with me so i would need to make other arrangements.

Sunroof out... daughter on center console... problem solved.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ya, it was a beautiful car!

PFF
System Bot
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anxiously looking forward to this one! Indy is only 90 miles away and we will be able to make it to this one!!

Max
LethalGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LethalGTSend a Private Message to LethalGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do most of you drive your Fiero to events or trailer it? I've never been involved in an event and would love for this to be my first.

------------------

spartan_chaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spartan_chazSend a Private Message to spartan_chazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Planning on this for sure! Its an 8 hour drive from me and wouldnt miss it for the world! Just hope I can get my 3800sc swap done by then :-D

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LethalGT:

Do most of you drive your Fiero to events or trailer it? I've never been involved in an event and would love for this to be my first.

Drive

I'm not sure from your area, but alot of times people can plan with a nearby club, or just other owners and caravan together.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A few trailered cars come. If Tracy brings his car, it would be trailerd.. a two day drive in it would consume lots of gas, has no room for luggage and he comes with a passenger.

There are a few very low mileage cars that the owners do not want to roll on lots of mileage on there pristine cars by driving hundreds or thousands of miles.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's funny you mentioned Tracy's car! I just saw a Youtube video this past weekend, some guy that goes around to car shows and finds unique stuff, and interviewed Tracy. It's crazy that he did all that work himself! I really hope he does make it, I want to pick his brain!
LethalGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LethalGTSend a Private Message to LethalGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going in a caravan makes sense and would make for a great road trip. Anyone from Oklahoma or surrounding areas plan on doing a caravan?
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A few trailered cars come. If Tracy brings his car, it would be trailerd.. a two day drive in it would consume lots of gas, has no room for luggage and he comes with a passenger.

There are a few very low mileage cars that the owners do not want to roll on lots of mileage on there pristine cars by driving hundreds or thousands of miles.

Tracy drove his to the 25th.

I will be trailering mine.... but then again, it is not street legal.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Going in a caravan makes sense and would make for a great road trip. Anyone from Oklahoma or surrounding areas plan on doing a caravan?

In the past (20th and 25th) there have been caravans from OK. Actually several started in Texas and came through OK, and then through St. Louis.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if anyone from the East is going to wind up on I-64 or US-68 on their way there, let me know, caravans are a good thing.
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just hope I can make this one... I got lucky to make the 25th.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really hope I can make it down for at least one day with the 88. It will all depend on if the wife will let me go because the twins will only be a few months old. I made it to the 20'th, missed the 25'th so I would love to make it to the 30'th!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Tracy drove his to the 25th.

I will be trailering mine.... but then again, it is not street legal.

Tracy drove it at the 25th, but it was trailered to get it to Pontiac.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65-VhSWspVE

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 12-14-2012).]

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

I'm there for sure, leaving out of Montreal but it's way to early to say when or what route. Convoys are a lot of fun and I'm down if something is set up!

gta & southern ontario folks are planning to go/caravan too, some leavin wed, some thurs...more details as the date approaches...

depending on timing, we can caravan with the Quebec, Ottawa, eastern Canada attendees heading westward...that'd be a sight!

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 12-17-2012).]

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday in my.... Beretta... lol! Can't wait! After being at the 25th, I cannot pass this up.

------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird /// 1995 Beretta Base /// betty progress

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

but then again, it is not street legal.

That didn't stop you enjoying a nice drive downtown in Auburn Remember being beside you and you had to turn the car off because there was police on the other side of the traffic lights. Didn't want to draw too much attention to yourself. LOL

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will it be random parking spots when assigned, or can regional clubs be spotted in the same area?
just wondering, i'm all for mingling with anyone
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

That didn't stop you enjoying a nice drive downtown in Auburn Remember being beside you and you had to turn the car off because there was police on the other side of the traffic lights. Didn't want to draw too much attention to yourself. LOL

I have no idea what you are talking about.....
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Tracy drove it at the 25th, but it was trailered to get it to Pontiac.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65-VhSWspVE

I guess I misunderstood. I thought he told me he drove it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock