Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40145 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
Ronnyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm actually really interested in doing this, but do we have to do the Indoor parking? I mean I understand the convenience but the $100 is a little steep.
IP: Logged
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indoor is entirely optional... Not mandatory at all.

Ronnyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful! Still need to figure out some budgeting, but it looks to be in the cards!
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Does this Sakura person at the hotel really exist? I've been leaving voice mails for 2 weeks and can never get a return call. Will someone from the organizers of the show shoot me a PM or email? We're trying to set up extended hotel arrangements for Aerodonamic and his wife from June 26-July 2. See the thread in General Fiero Chat "Request Help For One Of Our Own" to see what PFF and Georgia Fieros is trying to accomplish.

Edit: Never mind. Sakura does exist. She just called back.

If anyone has an issue with the hotel reservations, please let me know. I have a red batphone at the house directed at the hotel. They usually answer my calls almost immediately.

Fred
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001
The 30th Website is REALLY close to going live. This will include mail in and online registration with PayPal. Our group has been working with the webmasters over the course of the last three days to remedy the glitches and finalize the details and appearance of the website.

Stay tuned....

Fred
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Fred. Sakura did call me back and agreed to give the Hulses the special rate from June 26 through July 2. Now, we just need to make arrangements for them to be picked up at the airport and taken back afterward. Anyone in your group able to help out?
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie, I would but I'm not staying up there for that long. Was planning to be head back Monday.

Arrow - are ya still hanging around?

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 03-05-2013).]

What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Thanks, Fred. Sakura did call me back and agreed to give the Hulses the special rate from June 26 through July 2. Now, we just need to make arrangements for them to be picked up at the airport and taken back afterward. Anyone in your group able to help out?

The hotel offers "complimentary shuttle service to and from Indianapolis International Airport"per their website.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for that information. Makes things much easier.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top....
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Charlie, I would but I'm not staying up there for that long. Was planning to be head back Monday.

Arrow - are ya still hanging around?

Yup. Still here. ;-)
PFF
System Bot
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of us who are local~ish (and potentially sans-Fiero) but would like to spectate, hang out, take pics, etc...
How do the organizers recommend we proceed?
I wouldn't want to take up space for someone coming with a car if space is limited.
Thanks!

~M

------------------
~Michael
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."
WTB: Formula 5sp

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

For those of us who are local~ish (and potentially sans-Fiero) but would like to spectate, hang out, take pics, etc...
How do the organizers recommend we proceed?
I wouldn't want to take up space for someone coming with a car if space is limited.

I'm going to do the same thing - drive down there on Saturday, hang out and take pics, then drive home. I'm not bringing the Fiero.

There will be parking. Its a big hotel.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is more about the community than the cars... But I have heard some rumblings about a Guinness record.... Unsubstantiated, and only rumors....

You may want to bring the Fiero. Just in case.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I'm going to do the same thing - drive down there on Saturday, hang out and take pics, then drive home. I'm not bringing the Fiero.

Why not?
More Fieros the merrier!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"I'm ready for my close up"

Are you ready for Indy?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like registration is currently available. I am going to hold off until one of the main organizers posts here to indicate it is okay to register online. I don't know if they are just testing things out this morning or not.
http://www.fiero30th.com/

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Custom Corvette / MR2 electro-hydraulic power steering
17" rims covering up 11.25" rotors with Cadillac Calipers & drop spindles

MrMWS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMWSSend a Private Message to MrMWSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

It looks like registration is currently available. I am going to hold off until one of the main organizers posts here to indicate it is okay to register online. I don't know if they are just testing things out this morning or not.
http://www.fiero30th.com/

Just registered and paid thru paypal!
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the trivia section! Diffferent questions every time!

I'll register later this week.
grsychckn

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just registered for indoor parking. Since I'll be coming from Virginia I'm wondering if there will be a specified time I'll have to get the car to the hotel. Right now my plan is to arrive on Friday night, but I will adjust accordingly if I need to be there earlier. Thanks!
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked to Fred (RAREW66) on the phone yesterday. He told me that he had emailed the webmaster and give them the green light to go live. So yes, you should be good to go to register.

HOWEVER, when I tried to pay using PayPal just a moment ago, I got an error message after logging in to PayPal and it did not take my payment. I have emailed a copy of the error message to Fred.
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I filled out the registration form and it will go out vis snail mail tomorrow...
Dougie Murder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the site guys!

I'm going to register but I have a question about the "Class" criteria...

there are 5 categories
stock
custom
modified
re-body
daily driver

my car is an 85 GT thats stock other than Mr. Mikes seats, aux gages, cross lace wheels and an engraved plenum on the engine.

which category do i fall under?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dougie Murder:

Love the site guys!

I'm going to register but I have a question about the "Class" criteria...

there are 5 categories
stock
custom
modified
re-body
daily driver

my car is an 85 GT thats stock other than Mr. Mikes seats, aux gages, cross lace wheels and an engraved plenum on the engine.

which category do i fall under?

Modified would be my guess.
KEV

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car would be in customs ......(modified is motor swaps etc.)

------------------

2000 Malibu 3100 V6
1999 GMC Jimmy 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 auto
1985 Fiero SE 3.4 V6 4 spd
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels

GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registered and paypal working fine. Rock On!!
Mark
c-l

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:
HOWEVER, when I tried to pay using PayPal just a moment ago, I got an error message after logging in to PayPal and it did not take my payment. I have emailed a copy of the error message to Fred.

PM Sent !
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All registered! Can't wait till June! See you all in Indy!
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
regristration very nice and easy, great job.

See you in Indy.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
30 years, Wow doesn't seem like the 20th was that long ago...

------------------

still plays with cars..

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any ETA on when the events at IMS will be finalized?

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 03-12-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
31 Registered and counting.......
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm registered...... Looking forward to seeing all my old friends and everyone else I will meet there.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Your car would be in customs ......(modified is motor swaps etc.)

"Modified" to me means someone has a basically stock Fiero with some cosmetic changes like different wheels, paint, interior work, etc.

"Custom" to me means it has significant body mods, an engine swap, etc - which is how I registered my car.

Looks like the classification staff is going to have their work cut out for them.
sargeants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could we get a little more clarification on the class options from the organizers? Maybe some hover text on the website with a brief description?
What would be Custom vs Modified? I'm thinking the same as Darth ^ - but would be nice to know for sure.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sargeants:

Could we get a little more clarification on the class options from the organizers? Maybe some hover text on the website with a brief description?
What would be Custom vs Modified? I'm thinking the same as Darth ^ - but would be nice to know for sure.

I would also like some clarification on what makes a daily driver.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm # 35 and a car no one has seen before
A Woodward

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A WoodwardSend a Private Message to A WoodwardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ever feel like you are the last one to know when something is happening in your own back yard? I guess I should read more of the forum categories. Finally a Fiero event close enough to attend (only 12 miles from where I live).

Hope everyone who attends enjoys Indy.
Dougie Murder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

I would also like some clarification on what makes a daily driver.

Yeah...and what if you already registered and put the wrong class?
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can address the questions for the general classifications listed on the registration form. The actual car show will include 26 classes in very similar fashion to the 25th classifications. The definitions for each class will be posted on our website shortly. We have changed some of the class definitions for the 30th addressing some of the specific changes that have occurred in the Fiero Community since the 25th. We also loosened up some of the definitions, namely in the stock classes to relax some of the stricter rules imposed at the 25th.

What we are looking for on the registration form is a very general description of what your Fiero looks like as a broad heads up as to how many cars will be in attendance in the various areas of classifications. Take note that each and every car entered in the car show will be inspected by our classifications team prior to being entered in to one of the 26 classes. The registration form request for class is a very general question, so please do not read to much in to it.

Examples:

Stock: Essentially a completely stock Fiero with up to three minor changes like: Any stock Fiero parts upgrade from any year Fiero like wheel changes, wing added, power windows, Aero Fascias added to a coupe, ect.
Minor aftermarket upgrades will be accepted like: Non Stock radio upgrades, pinstripes, Holley Scoop, shifter knobs, Mr Mikes seat upholstery.

Custom: A stock appearing Fiero that has some appearance changes like: custom wheels, custom paint, very minor body mods.

Modified: A Fiero that has had major changes made like engine swaps, major modifications to body work, complete interior changes

Rebody: Kit cars and Fieros that have had body modifications that do not resemble the Fiero look.

Daily Driver: Minimum of 150,000 miles and some kind of indication that the car is driven daily like: full year insurance card, regular license plates, condition of the car.

Fred
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock