Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40145 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just talked to Danyel - count Tyler's Toy in

------------------

Tylers Annual Car Show

Tylers Toy

IP: Logged
docholliday

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dochollidaySend a Private Message to dochollidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm one of the lucky ones, it's right in my backyard. I live about 10 minutes from the Wyndham. CAN'T WAIT!!!

------------------
Mike in Indy

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

The areas tinted in red with 255 stalls, teal with 145, purple with 46 and yellow with 17 are the parking areas that we have access to for our event. Still look small?

That is looking like a nice sized place - plenty of room to spread out.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its official .. Tylers Toy and the Shipman family will be there at the 30th ... looking forward to seeing you all at our stand. Come and meet the Shipmans and some of DreamTeam members who made it all happen. We will also be bringing pics, videos and memorabilias along with us including the Emmy Award presented to Boyd Huppert for Tylers Toy Story. You will also be able to pickup different items to take home and remember Tylers Toy story by... we do have the details to work out with the 30th Anniversary commitee but we are really hoping to see you there in 2013. Dont forget to bring your Tylers Toy Memorabilia along we would love to see it !!!

Danyel
admin(at)tylerstoy.com

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-02-2012).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 03-02-2012).]

jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there. Indy is my 2nd hometown.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Nick noted, there are a lot of items being finalized before they go in to the public domain.

One of the first items to get finished up is the website. So far the work done on the website is short of impressive. I am hoping to get this completed soon so that everyone has a central place that has the latest and most complete information about the event.

On Saturday, we had a tour of the host hotel. This hotel has an indoor exhibition hall meaning that we can have cars inside. We would like to offer this option to participants wanting their cars inside. The indoor availability will naturally have a higher cost registration fee than the rest of the show. Right now we are negotiating several "scenarios" with the hotel as to use of the exhibition hall and will affect how much we will need to charge to cover the extra costs of having cars inside the hotel. Out of curiousity, how many would be interested in being able to display their car indoors?

Nick (carbon) and Joe (olejoedad) has volunteered to be our PR guys, so while I am busy organizing this event, Nick and Joe will be watching the forum and other social media to make sure that questions get answered and keep everyone updated.

I am really looking forward to this event. My biggest problem will be how I am going to be able to get my Fieros to the event. I will figure something out.

Fred
AuNROD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AuNRODSend a Private Message to AuNRODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Park it inside.......ya, if it don't cost too much.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to be inside as well.
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Inside depending on the cost

And a big thank you to all involved in making this special event happen.

[This message has been edited by What about Bob (edited 03-03-2012).]

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This will also be an interseting show since it's the first one GM will NOT be displaying prototype Fieros. Wonder how many sold at the auctions will be attending this show with owners now?
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

I am really looking forward to this event. My biggest problem will be how I am going to be able to get my Fieros to the event. I will figure something out.

Fred

I'm sure there's some here who wouldn't mind driving a few there for you

How many would you take?

http://www.kaufmantrailers....r-Hauler-Series-c16/
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to be there and bring an unique Fiero but am scheduled to be in the Dominican Republic for a wedding until 26 June.

Nelson
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

I would like to be inside as well.

Paul... they said you had to have a UNIQUE Fiero to park inside...
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

LOL Right...

Just to be clear, though, as I don't want anyone to feel slighted or get the wrong idea... the list of characteristics that I mentioned were only examples or reasons that one may be interested in an indoor spot.

This is in no way a list of 'qualifications'...
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I would love to be there and bring an unique Fiero but am scheduled to be in the Dominican Republic for a wedding until 26 June.

Nelson

The show starts June 28.. Drive fast June 27 to Indy.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

I know you were joking but actually you're right. There are several others like mine. Just thowing my name in the hat to support idea of an indoor show place. Actually this would be a game changer for me considering it would eliminate the concern for weather. I will be going for sure, but if I had to park outside and it was raining (or heaven forbid... snowing) then the car would stay in the traler. Parking inside would eliminate that risk.
FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We I guess I need to get my purple 88 back on the road huh? I had a blast at the 20th Id love to be at this one too.

Angie
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
beachbomb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beachbombSend a Private Message to beachbombEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May have been asked before, but...Are any of the prototypes and other rare Fiero's going to be there like at the 25th? I missed that one and would love to see some this time around. Thanks. Jim
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that an effort is being made to get the cars there, especially a with the availability of the indoor area, but there has been nothing forthcoming about the remaining prototypes... you may remember that some of them were sold off at auction, so maybe new owners will show up with them? Hard to say.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indy is my hometown.
Tangerine Dream WILL be there!!

If you organizers run into problems with IMS, please get in touch with me.
I might just have a little bit of *influence* with them....
www.teameracing.com

------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-08-2012).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huummm this is what the canadian caravan might be planning
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred you seen my Indy Pace car at the 25th if you determine that it is worthy I would like to park inside. If not that is ok too!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC
NYFOC Member

cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested as well. Especially if amflyer (my dad) can as wel. It would be a nice father son thing.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just thought I'd mention for the benefit of newer people interested in this to put the year this will be held on the first page.

People could assume this year, people could assume 1984-...2014, you know..though it is on the thread title.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-09-2012).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Just thought I'd mention for the benefit of newer people interested in this to put the year this will be held on the first page.

People could assume this year, people could assume 1984-...2014, you know..though it is on the thread title.

2.5 the year for the event is stated in the title of the thread...

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KEV

2590 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Hello all, at this time we are still working on the details for parking inside, we will post more info as it comes up. This is a big undertaking that many of us are taking on and want to make sure that we get all "i"dotted and "t"s crossed.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

Fred you seen my Indy Pace car at the 25th if you determine that it is worthy I would like to park inside. If not that is ok too!

All Fieros are worthy in my book to be inside, but unfortunately the place is not big enough. The cars inside will be subject to a higher registration fees. Right now I am working on the negotiation of what it will cost to use each of the three sections of the exhibition hall. The determination of the costs involved will dictate the registration fee. The exhibition hall will hold approximately 16 cars per section having the potential of 48 cars inside. At this point, I do not see the term "special" needing to be used for the cars inside. It will be more of a preference of the car owner as to if they feel their car is "special" enough to pay the higher registration fee. Although the first consideration will be to have the prototype stuff inside as the owners of these cars are generally concerned with the environment in which the car is displayed. More to come on this as we were impressed with the facility and exhibition hall when we first saw it and there are several ideas being kicked around. I am seeing enough interest in the inside availability that it may work out to have the entire hall.

Fred
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by 2.5:

I have been waiting for this to come as it did at the 20th and the 25th. What we are celebrating is the birth of production Fieros. The first Fiero was built on July 18th, 1983. The previous anniversary dates were as close to that date as possible. The 30th date was determined by availability of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. As far as the actual date of the event, it is in the topic line, June 27-30, 2013. I am not sure how we can make that any clearer than that. Does that answer your question?

Fred
Tammykos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TammykosClick Here to visit Tammykos's HomePageSend a Private Message to TammykosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a road trip! Maybe I can talk some of my fellow Mile High Fiero Club members to join me.
PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

No drunken belligerence will be tolerated though.

So half of PFF cannot attend now?

Anyhow, I will be there and I hope to do some tattoo vending if possible (Have to look into local county licensing..) I will be heading out to Gettysburg PA after this for the 150th anniversary celebration there, so I will already have the mobile studio towing behind me anyway.
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be there.

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 2000 L67 Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
New Engine on the Road again! FTW Motorsports style!
312rwhp/332rwtq

My CarDomain Site

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All Fieros are worthy in my book to be inside, but unfortunately the place is not big enough. The cars inside will be subject to a higher registration fees. Right now I am working on the negotiation of what it will cost to use each of the three sections of the exhibition hall. The determination of the costs involved will dictate the registration fee. The exhibition hall will hold approximately 16 cars per section having the potential of 48 cars inside. At this point, I do not see the term "special" needing to be used for the cars inside. It will be more of a preference of the car owner as to if they feel their car is "special" enough to pay the higher registration fee. Although the first consideration will be to have the prototype stuff inside as the owners of these cars are generally concerned with the environment in which the car is displayed. More to come on this as we were impressed with the facility and exhibition hall when we first saw it and there are several ideas being kicked around. I am seeing enough interest in the inside availability that it may work out to have the entire hall.

Fred

+1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have been waiting for this to come as it did at the 20th and the 25th. What we are celebrating is the birth of production Fieros. The first Fiero was built on July 18th, 1983. The previous anniversary dates were as close to that date as possible. The 30th date was determined by availability of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. As far as the actual date of the event, it is in the topic line, June 27-30, 2013. I am not sure how we can make that any clearer than that. Does that answer your question?

Fred

For sure, I had it right in my head, was just thinking about newbies (newer-bies than I) maybe planning for the wrong date. You guys are right probably in the thread title is enough.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-13-2012).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I fixed it.
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to go!

------------------
Vin

1987 Fiero GT, Medium Red Mettalic, Lowered
2008 Solstice GXP, Aggressive
2008 G8 GT, Magnetic Grey Mettalic

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac.

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Huummm this is what the canadian caravan might be planning
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Hey Danyel, I'll be taking a simular route but will be staying on the 402 to Sarnia, cross the border there, then south. Google maps shows it's actually faster that route then going through Windsor /Detroit crossing. Also, a few friends have told me they've had a harder time crossing in Windsor too.

My only issue right now is do I go with a group or travel alone with family, we plan on taking our Daughter with us who will be 2 years old by then. Our stops might be regulated by her desicions.
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So who out of CANADA is going ??? Danyel PM me on you travel dates,
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RULOOKIN & x-thumpr-x I am presently talking with some Montreal fiero guys and a couple in my area ... were maybe looking into a caravan ... I'll keep you guys posted to see if maybe we can meet up somewhere for a canadian caravan ... I'll let ya all know here ... stay posted
Danyel
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock