Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40218 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey,

Allan, (jwct7), brought this back up at RUCKUS XI. It looks like there will be a caravan from Texas up. Some will start from the south and hook up with the San Antonio group, (Alamo Area Fiero Owners). Then the route will pick up the Austin group, (Bat City Fieros). At the Dallas Fort Worth area some of the DFW group, (North Texas Fiero Club) will join in. The plan calls for an overnight stay and another opportunity for some more Fieros to join in at the Best Western West Memphis Inn, located in West Memphis, Arkansas 72301-3735. Phone is 870-735-7185.

The more is merrier and Allan has started an email link for those who wish to join at some junction of the route. So, if you’re interested, send him a PM @ jwct7.

See you in Indianapolis for the 30th.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
IP: Logged
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any drag racing planned?
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not as far as I know. The on track event at IMS has been our focus for this anniversary...

Just so you folks know, we are having a meeting of the Mid-West Fiero Clubs in Indy on Nov 3... so expect some updates!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 10-24-2012).]

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if mine is back in shape by then count me in, it can be a father/son trip. Sounds like a lot of fun!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least 3 coming from the Tidewater area of Virginia. Hoping to add 2 more to this.

Counting down the days.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
88 GT, SIII 3800NA/Auto swap underway
LS Build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083204.html
LS on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0
SIII build thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I *want* to be there with my Fiero.

This means that unless it's broken or in parts for an upgrade, I will be there.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES! See the first post!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 10-26-2012).]

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

Thank you for the concise details! I was talking to CowsPatoot last night (who also said he will be there, even if he has to hitchhike). I definitely want to see Fierfly's convertible in the indoor parking, and I'm thinking about getting it for my Fiero, just so people can go "Holy crap that cars paint is terrible! Why does that guy care if his car is in here?" yes... spending 100 for that sort of amusing, innocent, confusion is worth it to me.

Also very good to hear about the assigned parking and the level of security!! This is going to be great!
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will hopefully have a way to actually pay for registration soon!

Man... editing all that stuff with all the tags flying everywhere... it gets confusing.
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car wash area available?

------------------
Red 1988 GT 5 speed
Poly all around, Koni's & Lowered
LQ1 powered
http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/CC_Rider/

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone will be going through or near St Louis they are more than welcome to beddown for the evening at Casa de Rottin'. Seriously though, if you are passing through let me know. I will be driving from SL for the event.
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Car wash area available?

There will be two I believe.
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just tried booking a room, the number goes to a central call station, then they ask you for what hotel. The guy I was talking to said the best deal he could find is $97 a night. I asked for the "Midwest Fiero Club" block of rooms and he said he couldn't see anything for that (after trying to explain it for 20 minutes). He was someone who could speak english (somewhat) but I don't think he can understand english. Needless to say I'll try again later to book my room

What day will people be arriving? I figured I get there wednesday evening sometime, check out sunday & figure some route home with a few sidetrack here & there.
------------------

Currently own: 87 GT 3400, 87 SE, 87 Coupe T-top
Previously owned: 84 Sport Coupe, 2 85GT's, 87 Coupe (T-top donor)

G.T. Fieros

[This message has been edited by x-thumpr-x (edited 10-26-2012).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll bring that to attention... hopefully we can get that straightened out by next weekend.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

Just tried booking a room, the number goes to a central call station, then they ask you for what hotel. The guy I was talking to said the best deal he could find is $97 a night. I asked for the "Midwest Fiero Club" block of rooms and he said he couldn't see anything for that (after trying to explain it for 20 minutes). He was someone who could speak English (somewhat) but I don't think he can understand english. Needless to say I'll try again later to book my room

That happened to me for another event. The number goes to "Central Booking" which is just Hotels.com. They couldn't get me the group rate either, and put me on hold (likely to try to get the hotel on the line to confirm the special rate), failing that, pitched me the regular rate again, so I just hung up and tracked down the hotels direct number, and was able to book... though it took calling a few times to get someone to answer.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't think that the hotel was set up yet for the show. I just hope that they'll have a "special" discount code that you can use to make the reservation on line.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone tried to book with the hotel directly?
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just recieved word that you guys are not having any luck getting reservations. So,I called myself and found that the hotel does not have our reservations correct. Please hold off trying to make a reservation until I have the hotel fix their error which I am sure will be at least on Monday. The room rate is contracted for $95 a night plus taxes or $125 plus taxes for the balcony rooms. Do not agree to another rate.

I am not sure what the hotel did as I successfully made my reservation back in July when this was settled on. The phone number listed is for RoomStay.com which is new news for me as of today. I am not sure if this is something new that the hotel is doing. RoomStay.com has our room listed for 107 a night and a special discount rate of 97 a night which is not waht is written in our contract.

We will keep you posted when the correct reservation is valid again.

Fred
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When can we actually start getting registered and where do we need to do so at? Let me know when I can start booking rooms, will probably have (2).

Thanks guys!
-Amir

------------------

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

When can we actually start getting registered and where do we need to do so at? Let me know when I can start booking rooms, will probably have (2).

Thanks guys!
-Amir

We didn't say this was the final update.
jaymelk2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaymelk2Send a Private Message to jaymelk2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I definitely want to be there....just have to get the old Rat up and at em

------------------
87 GT....SBC...fast as hell...
Proud new owner of....THE DIRTY RAT

PFF
System Bot
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can we book rooms yet?
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

can we book rooms yet?

Kevin too? Glenda and I are looking forward to seeing you both again.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have a meeting in two days at the host hotel and hopefully all will be cleared up then and we can get reservations going again.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who do we send the reservation money for an inside place (TylersToy) Our proposal is almost complete will confirm with the Shipmans for final approuval

THX
Danyel
admin(at)tylerstoy(dot)com

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More updates will be coming from our meeting this weekend. Feel free to keep posting questions. I will make sure they are all asked!
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I so want to be there , not far to drive. and would love to drive my 87 on the track I have been on the track, but never
driving not to mention in my fiero . It will be like going home for the car which I bought in Indy.
Not sure If I can aford to stay every night , so can I just show up durring the day and stay maybe one night?
Let us know when we can register.
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man I really want to go to this.
Hopefully I can finish my body work and get the paint done prior to this...being broke doesn't help!!

------------------

85 Fiero GT - Work In Progress
http://www.myspace.com/romeoliquorstore

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

I so want to be there , not far to drive. and would love to drive my 87 on the track I have been on the track, but never
driving not to mention in my fiero . It will be like going home for the car which I bought in Indy.
Not sure If I can aford to stay every night , so can I just show up durring the day and stay maybe one night?
Let us know when we can register.

Most track events are parade laps as the tracks do not want the responsibility of an inexperienced driver wrecking. I have been on tracks that will let you run, after you sign a disclaimer and you have specific safety equipment like a crash helmet. I ran on Gateway international full out at a FOCOA event years ago ( I was younger and my 87 GT was a low mileage car). I have done parade laps (speed limited) at Daytona, Watkins Glenn and Michigan. Daytona stopped the practice for several years when some tried to go crazy on the track.

At the 20th event there was an event at a road course where you could go as fast as your skills could take you. I went as a passenger and saw maybe 70 mph on a straight away and then some hard braking for a corner. There were several spin outs and a few off road happenings.

I'm sure you would be able to attend the event as much as you or your wallet can afford.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Counting down the days! Mom, Dad, Matt & I are really looking forward to attending and hanging out with everyone. 5 years has been too long!

~ Jen

------------------
IM Username: FieroChic88
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4

kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
parade laps would be great, the car is to old for anything else and I am older.
as long as it runs and I don't have to push it
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd also love to do laps on the track at Indy, my father was also excited about the possibility. We both have Snell-approved helmets if they decide to require it.
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seeya in the AM.

Greg
CIFO President

------------------

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroGTguy

3087 posts
Member since Mar 2001
There should be a Midnight Madness 1/4 mile drag racing at Lucas Oil Raceway Park on the 30th.

Greg
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Robert we are looking forward to seeing the both of you too, I did not now you were planning to go
I have talked Kevin into going, I am not sure if he will drive the Formula or ride with me but he knows I am going so he will likely go in his car or mine. He missed the 20th so he does not want to miss this one. I want to make our room reservations as soon as we can I like to plan ahead and we want the best room we can get, you know how that is.

Originally posted by rpro:

Kevin too? Glenda and I are looking forward to seeing you both again.

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2012 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE!

Hotel Reservations Are Fixed!!!

Check first post!

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

There should be a Midnight Madness 1/4 mile drag racing at Lucas Oil Raceway Park on the 30th.

Greg

We've check into this and the 2013 calendar has not been posted by the track yet...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-03-2012).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top! New info on the main page now...

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a "special code" for on line registration??
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called the hotel directly (317-248-2481)and it took me less than 2 minutes to reserve a room, at the agreed price, wished me a happy 30th Anniversary and e-mailed a confirmation. If you have a rewards card, have your number near by. They know about Fieros now! Only 8 months to go!

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please send info so we can reserve or pay for an inside space (Tylers Toy)

Thank you

Danyel
admin tylerstoy website
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock