Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40127 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I regret to say I will not be making it at this point with the original DGP car. To much going on. Honestly I am not driving the car like I would like to and honestly would sell it if a serious offer came through. I am thinking of putting it at Barrett Jackson but would probably let it go for $10,000 or just keep it hidden away for the time being. If someone wanted to trailer it up for the show I may let it go along. Life changes and family becomes more of a priority which changes our toys also. I know everyone will have a great time and I will miss it. Rick B

IP: Logged
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I certainly understand prioritizing your life, I have to admit I am disappointed you aren't planning to attend. You and the cars will be missed.

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Custom Corvette / MR2 electro-hydraulic power steering
17" rims covering up 11.25" rotors with Cadillac Calipers & drop spindles

jazz4cash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The way he wrote it, I was hoping Rick(?) would be there even if he could not bring the car.....I sure hope so....I was going to buy you a cheesburger, but I do understand priorities
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the publicity work guys and gals! It is very much appreciated.

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

ok, i'm reserved at the host hotel now.

now just need to register for the show online & pay (by paypal) hint hint...

I am really hoping I will have info about registration soon! I do know there will be a PayPal option and a snail mail option and that registration will be done through the event web page once it is online. We are working on it, but I don't have details on what the hold up with registration is.

Further bulletins as events warrant...

Some one also asked about the IMS track day... it will be a full day event including tours and the museum, but I don't have exact time frames yet.
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Psst.. not that it's a huge deal, but the reservation hours are from 11 am to 7 pm, not vice versa!
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sadie goad:

Psst.. not that it's a huge deal, but the reservation hours are from 11 am to 7 pm, not vice versa!

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the cad image of the official key chain. The samples are floating around out there somewhere.

Production will start shortly. The numbered key chains will be coming soon, along with the vents, and whatever else I think of.

Rich
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering something....

Since our cars will be on display both inside and out.
Can we have a small Fiero model competion? I am sure some guys still play with them and mood their models like their car.

I have seen this @ the texas heat wave shows down here. seems neat.

just askin'

Pump up the bumps!!
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i will be there with a fiero but not from cali my first one that i still own. Owned it for 16 years now.... WOW
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**bump** Hotel reservation made. Now if I could only register for the event.

fierocarb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarbSend a Private Message to fierocarbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok I finally got off from work (which is practically impossible). How do I register for the show?
PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

I'm on the planning group for the 30th and wanted to thank all of you that have booked rooms and plan to attend this event this year. I also thank you for being patient with us as we get registration set up so you can pay via PayPal or snail mail. More updates to come..

------------------

2000 Malibu 3100 V6
1999 GMC Jimmy 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 auto
1985 Fiero SE 3.4 V6 4 spd
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred asked me to contact Lucas Oil Raceway dragstrip and see if we could do some drag racing for our 30th event. I just got off the phone with the guy in charge of scheduling at the dragstrip, and I don't have good news.

There is a Mopar Madness event already scheduled to run from June 28th thru June 30th. They also have contractual rights to the track for June 27th for "set-up", so the track is unavailable that day as well.

HOWEVER, there is an open night of "test and tune" on Wednesday, June 26th already on the schedule which is open to the public. Gates open at 5:00pm and racing starts at 5:30pm. Full description and rules are posted on their webpage here: http://www.lucasoilraceway....cleid=5174&zoneid=95

Our 30th event officially runs from Thursday, June 27th thru Sunday, June 30th. Anything going on Wednesday the 26th would be outside of our official 30th event (as of right now). I also realize a lot of people won't be able to get extra days off of work to make it to a Wednesday event (most probably wouldn't be able to even do a Thursday or Friday during the day event). So anyone wanting to go to the Wednesday "test-and-tune" can go, but it probably won't be an official part of our 30th event.

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 01-24-2013).]

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5919 posts
Member since Oct 2002
Muncie Dragway is a possible alternative but it is 83 miles NE of the host hotel (mostly interstate driving). They do not have their 2013 schedule posted yet, but they usually do "open" racing / test-and-tune Wednesday and Friday. But I think the 83 mile / 1.5 hour drive would probably not work into a lot of peoples' plans.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Muncie Dragway is a possible alternative but it is 83 miles NE of the host hotel (mostly interstate driving). They do not have their 2013 schedule posted yet, but they usually do "open" racing / test-and-tune Wednesday and Friday. But I think the 83 mile / 1.5 hour drive would probably not work into a lot of peoples' plans.

Milan at the 25 was about 40 miles from show HQ. My normal trip to the track is around 65 miles....

Probably still alot of work to get a few racers together, even if it was around the corner from the show very few people would probably be racing.
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My hotel reservations are made! I cannot wait for this event.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on getting my room reservation this week. I'm ready for the snow to be gone and the 30th to be here!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reservation made. Ready for summer already!!

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8 aka (Hat tip to Mr. J. Jones!)
http://jalopnik.com/5901950...or-her-sweet-sixteen
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE

CocoFiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reservations made at the hotel. Looking forward to the event and meeting a whole lot of great forum folks.

------------------
'84 Indy Fiero #205

rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really looking forward to this. Probably won't register, but I can't wait to drive down there and meet some folks and see some great cars.
CocoFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
duplicate post.

[This message has been edited by CocoFiero (edited 01-29-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cindy and I are locked in for that weekend... We'll be all over Indiana and surrounding states for the week prior as part of our honeymoon...
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Cindy and I are locked in for that weekend... We'll be all over Indiana and surrounding states for the week prior as part of our honeymoon...

Congratulations! My wife and I will be making the trip on our 1 year anniversary (6/30/2013)! It took a little bit to convince her that a Fiero gathering was worthy of our Anniversary, so I think I'll owe her something else, too.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Room booked... got to get the car road-ready for the long trip.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there still no registration form/site?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

Is there still no registration form/site?

nope

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
given that we're t-minus 5 months or so, that's kinda disconcerting. I'm nervous to book a hotel room for a show that isn't concrete enough to have a registration form.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

given that we're t-minus 5 months or so, that's kinda disconcerting. I'm nervous to book a hotel room for a show that isn't concrete enough to have a registration form.

1) I would not worry about the show not happening
2) when you make your reservations using the Midwest Fiero Clubs link, no deposit is taken and you have until the day of check-in to cancel.

This is from my registration:

Midwest Fiero Club:

Cancellation Policy: Cancel By 26-JUN-13

Deposit Required: A deposit is not required for guarantee of your reservation.

The link is in the first post, but here it is again - http://www.wyndham.com/grou...INDAP_FIERO/main.wnt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Plus most hotels you can cancel up to a day before the stay.

DOh! MrFred already said that.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-31-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK... here's the deal. This show is in no danger of not happening. There is no risk of loosing money on rooms at the hotel. Everything for the show itself is ready to go! But...

Indianapolis Motor Speedway started out by stonewalling us. Then they decided they were our friends, only to go right back to stonewalling. It really isn't your father's, or father's father, Indy anymore.

I have just received a registration form from our planning committee chairman, and if you guys really need it, I can publish it... the problem is we still don't have pricing/details on the IMS event so we can't take registrations for that or some of the other offsite events. It would, however, allow you to register for the car show via mail and a check.

We are working on it... we are not looking to hang anyone out to dry, including ourselves, some of whom have large money contracts hanging around their necks. Many of the same people who worked on the 20th/25th shows are also working on this one, including those who have a history at or with IMS, I have confidence that they know what they are doing.

Please bear with us! We will not let you down!

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like everyone else, I would love to register as soon as ready (not possible). I implore you to wait with the registrations until everyone is ready and all the prices are set. Otherwise, record keeping becomes a nightmare, and will result in more unhappy people in the long run. I already have a hotel booked, and I have all the confidence in the world that this event will happen. There are a lot of good people working on this.

Please don't put out a registration form to the masses until every last detail has been checked and re-checked. Make sure everything is on it, prices are clearly detailed, etc. Also, check and double check any web registration to make sure you guys are receiving the electronic registrations and the payments. For those who don't understand, it sounds trivial to "throw up a website with a few details and start taking people's money". I can assure everyone here, it is not trivial. Everything has to be just right, or else many, many unhappy campers will result.

All of us need to have some patience, it will get done. Give these good folks who volunteered to put this all together for us some time. To you fine folks involved in putting this together: there are many of us out here who understand the frustrations of putting on something like this, appreciate your contributions, and are waiting patiently. Take your time and get it right. Much more distress can come from rushing an unfinished registration form than from waiting until everything is complete.

Tom
PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Tom, do it one time and do it correct and complete. There is time to get it right. We just have to all calm down a little.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

OK... here's the deal. This show is in no danger of not happening. There is no risk of loosing money on rooms at the hotel. Everything for the show itself is ready to go! But...

Indianapolis Motor Speedway started out by stonewalling us. Then they decided they were our friends, only to go right back to stonewalling. It really isn't your father's, or father's father, Indy anymore.

I have just received a registration form from our planning committee chairman, and if you guys really need it, I can publish it... the problem is we still don't have pricing/details on the IMS event so we can't take registrations for that or some of the other offsite events. It would, however, allow you to register for the car show via mail and a check.

We are working on it... we are not looking to hang anyone out to dry, including ourselves, some of whom have large money contracts hanging around their necks. Many of the same people who worked on the 20th/25th shows are also working on this one, including those who have a history at or with IMS, I have confidence that they know what they are doing.

Please bear with us! We will not let you down!

I'm not so much worried about playing imaginary race-car on parade laps at Indy. I'm more concerned about turn-out, getting a parking spot that's not in an out-lot, and a firm entry on my calendar.

As long as things are still going as planned, I guess I'm not too worried.

How many people/cars are you expecting to turn out so far?
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
reservation made and awaitng registartion info. Good luck dealing with the folks at IMS.

------------------
Bob
84 SE IMSA Widebody
87 GT 5spd
11 Cruze Eco

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

The link is in the first post, but here it is again - http://www.wyndham.com/grou...INDAP_FIERO/main.wnt

I'm not sure if this came up or not, but when I went to use that link to make reservations, it would only let me reserve for the block of June 24th till July 2nd. When I really don't need to be there till the 26th (since events are starting on the 27th). I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something, or if I just need to call to arrange the stay.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

I'm not sure if this came up or not, but when I went to use that link to make reservations, it would only let me reserve for the block of June 24th till July 2nd. When I really don't need to be there till the 26th (since events are starting on the 27th). I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something, or if I just need to call to arrange the stay.

It did that for me initially, but I found the link to let me change the days to what I wanted (wednesday check in , sunday check out) .

What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Go to the bottom where it says "Make a Reservation" and click the"RESERVE" button.
On the next page, towards the upper left, there is a gray "Reservation" button. Click it.
Then change the Check In and the Check Out dates to what ever you want.
That's what I did. It worked just fine.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not so much worried about playing imaginary race-car on parade laps at Indy. I'm more concerned about turn-out, getting a parking spot that's not in an out-lot, and a firm entry on my calendar.

As long as things are still going as planned, I guess I'm not too worried.

How many people/cars are you expecting to turn out so far?

Well without the ability for people to *ahem* pre-register... I do know that we have well over 200 room nights booked(200/4=50 parties?). What that really means as far as attendance I don't really know. I expect the numbers will jump when registration is finally open.
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, got the reservations made!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
don't get us wrong, we're not being impatient, we're just overly-excitable, esp. about this event
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock