Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40127 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

June 27th through June 30th 2013

Registration Hours:

Thursday June 27th – 3:00pm until 5:00pm, 6:00pm until 8:00pm
Friday June 28th– 10:00am until 12:00 noon, 3:00pm until 5:00pm, 6:00pm until 9:00pm
Saturday – June 29th 7:00am
Last day for online registration is June 19th, the rest will have to be made in Indy
Please go to www.fiero30th.com to register!

Wyndham Indianapolis West
2544 Executive Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46241

Deadline for group hotel reservations is May 26th!
Do it now!!!

30th Event Schedule

30th Thursday - June 27th
  • Meet & Greet - Hotel parking lot
  • Minnesota Fieros Forever go-cart night

Fiero Friday - June 28th
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway track day - 9AM at IMS!
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum
  • Hall of Fame Museum
  • Indy Car Dallara Factory Tour
  • Parts swap meet - Hotel parking lot
  • Fiero tailgate party - Hotel parking lot

Show Saturday - June 29th
  • 30th Anniversary Fiero Show - 10:00AM to 3:00PM - Hotel parking lot
  • Fiero Historical Night - Guest speakers (John Callies!) - Show off your own memorabilia!

Ceremonial Sunday - June 30th
  • 30th Anniversary Breakfast - Begins at 8:00AM
  • Awards Ceremony - Begins at 9:00AM

30th Anniversary Registration and Memorabilia

Registration Fees (Includes OEM style commemorative badge plaque and laser-cut stainless steel key chain)
  • First Fiero - $30.00 (Pre-registration price - Mailed entries must be post marked by May 27, 2013 ($40.00 thereafter)
  • Each additional Fiero - $15.00 (Outside show field - Includes badge plaque and key chain)
  • Indoor Parking - $100 per car (Includes registration - Secure, indoor, limited access from Thur. June 27 - Sun. June 30th.)

Event T-shirts - $10.00 ea.
Additional Key Chains - $10.00 ea.
Additional Badge Plaque - $10.00 ea.
Commemorative Nametag - $5.00 ea. (Fiero 30th logo, name and 1 line of text. - Pre-registration only!)

Last day for online registration is June 19th, the rest will have to be made in Indy
Please go to www.fiero30th.com to register!

Parking Areas

The areas tinted in red with 255 stalls, teal with 147, purple with 46 and yellow with 17 are the parking areas that we have access to for our event. Access to the parking lot will be controlled with a check in/check out system. Each car and owner will have ID tags that must be presented when leaving the parking lot, where the red and yellow areas meet, to prevent unwanted disappearance of Fieros. Also, participating Fiero parking will be assigned to each Fiero for the weekend in the section it will be shown. This is being done to prevent judging confusion and bitterness over people 'holding' parking spots.

The exhibition hall sections that we have on contract will hold approximately 40 cars. The qualification of "special" is not needed for the cars to be inside. It will be more of a preference of the car owner as to if they feel their car is "special" enough to pay the higher registration fee of $100 dollars for the event and the caveat that the cars are not to be removed for the duration of the weekend. The only exception to this is the possible IMS track event on Friday, this is an exhibition hall not a garage. First consideration will be given to have the prototype vehicles inside as the owners of these cars are generally concerned with the environment in which the cars are displayed.

Room Pricing

The room pricing is locked in on contract at $95 per night for a double room or a deluxe king. We are also contracted for a limited number of deluxe king with balcony at a rate of $125 per night. (Please keep in mind that the city of Indianapolis has a sales tax rate of 17%.)

I just want to assure you guys that we have more than 20 people working hard to make sure this will be an event worth attending! We will have the official website up soon with the details, in addition, I will try to field questions from forum members in this thread or in PMs.

I am one of the designated 'PR' guys and I will do my best to answer any questions and get inquiries to those who know in the planning group.

Key Chain
Name Tag
Badge Plaques

------------------

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 03-09-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to this!!!!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dates are already in my calender, not missing this show. Now to get both car ready and running for it.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really looking forward to this one - hope to have a nice sized group from Virginia making the trip!

Jim
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!! Finally something local!!

I'll be there.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-02-2016).]

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping it would be in July like the last time, now it's at the same time as the solstice/sky nationals .. Oh well, Can't miss the the Fiero Event

See you there!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Axmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxmannSend a Private Message to AxmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Hope to have my restoration done by then. We will see many custom ideas yet to finish.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So going to this!
mferrell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mferrellSend a Private Message to mferrellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any chance of hot laps on the track or any track?
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mferrell:

any chance of hot laps on the track or any track?

We are working on an event for Friday, June 28th to take place at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It would be an all day event at the facilities at IMS, but the time on the track would most likely be at parade lap speeds. There will be no solid plans for this particular event until mid-summer as IMS will not commit to anything more than a year out from the date.

Right now we mainly want to get the date out there so that people can start planning. I just want to assure you guys that we have more than 20 people working hard to make sure this will be an event worth attending!
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This just goes to prove the Mayans & other prophesy tellers can't be right, because we have a show in 2013 to attend & Marty McFly travelled to 2015

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What great news.....are we there yet? I'm leaving now so I can get a good spot.

Mattwa, remember your convoy invitation out to Frazee? Let's keep that in mind for the 30th.

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 02-26-2012).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully I will have a fiero running by then!

I will be there, it is about 3.5 hrs from me, 2 hrs from my hometown and I have a sister who lives there... wouldn't miss it.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must go.... i have to keep up with my every 'five' year friends!

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

If this guy ask you to go with him and brags about how COLD his A/C is....Turn the other way....He LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in and I might even bring my own car this time around.....I might even have the LS4 done by then.....
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it would be strange if this is the a event that Smooth GTfinally showed up to...

Smooth...

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "

spartan_chaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spartan_chazSend a Private Message to spartan_chazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is marked on my calender, in my phone, at my job, and everywhere else i will think of later!!! I will try and see if our GA club will travel up there with me too. Will be a ton of fun.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will I be there?..... YES, YES, YEEEES!!!

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

I'm also looking forward to seeing you Blake....oh, and Stephen too. -Jason

PFF
System Bot
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We hope to be there

------------------

87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, if the NTFC crew go, I`m going to have to tag along.
Hopefully, at least a couple of us from Austin could go.
Mike
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be there
------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy
K-beck LED Marker Kits for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-01-2012).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there. I hope that the hotel costs are a little lower than the current listed price @ $100+/night.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike If we tag along we may have to draft behind you to afford the gas AND the hotel and YOU need to make sure you have extra batteries for your radio. This event is a little far out date and distance wise for me to commit to but I will see if we can make it.

Ben
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wife and I are in...

------------------
Snapperhead Productions - Used Fiero Parts
Mirror Stainless Door Sill Plates - Mirror Stainless Deck Lid Mirrors - Acrylic Hood & Trunk Mirrors
Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Services. - PCS Products.

Rides:
85 Fiero Gt, 86 Fiero GT " Snapperhead", 88 Formula --- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

Our Old Rides:
85 Honda Nighthawk S, Yamaha FZ600, 88 Yamaha FZR1000, Myers Manx, MG Midget, MGB, Lots of V-8 Pintos, Pinto Cruiser Wagon, 67 VW Bug, Toyota Cressida Wagon, 78 Mustang, 76 Mustang, 77 Vette, 67 Firebird, 87 Fiero GT, 88 Fiero Formula, 98 Grand AM, 96 Chevy K1500 Z71, 94 Z24, 94 Sunbird Convert, 93 Caravan, 91 Grand AM, 91 Dodge B250 Van, 91 Caravan, 90 Corsica, 82 Vette, 04 GTO, 04 Grand Prix.... I'm sure I've missed a few....

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, it`s a long way off, but I probably will wait to see how it plays out with Blake and Stephen and if they go.
I`m sure that maybe a few others from NTFC would maybe want to go so I guess we will see as it gets nearer.
I`m going to try to find a plug in charger for my radios soon.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 02-29-2012).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on making the trip.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I plan to attend. Where will be the main gathering on Saturday? That hotel parking lot looks very small.

25th

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed White: 3800SC auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

PFF
System Bot
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Nice! I plan to attend. Where will be the main gathering on Saturday? That hotel parking lot looks very small.

25th

Alex

You and I can pretend that we are football players and make room

------------------

87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang! A little over a year to get the widebody finished and I'll still be laid up another month (blew my knee out Dec 10)

------------------
Bob
84 SE IMSA Widebody
87 GT 5spd
11 Cruze Eco

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

The areas tinted in red with 255 stalls, teal with 145, purple with 46 and yellow with 17 are the parking areas that we have access to for our event. Still look small?

Have a unique Fiero? Have a Fiero that only sees the light of day once every five years? Have a real need for security? We are working on the possibility of having an indoor show space for up to 40 cars. The details are still coming but we thought it would be worth mentioning...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 02-23-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I'll be there. I hope that the hotel costs are a little lower than the current listed price @ $100+/night.

The room pricing is locked in on contract at $95 per night for a double room or a deluxe king. We are also contracted for a limited number of Deluxe King with balcony at a rate of $125 per night.

For reference, our event is happening in the peak time of the season for this area. The regular rate for the $95 room at this location is $150 per night. Another thing to keep in mind is that the city of Indianapolis has a sales tax rate of 17%.

The hotel is not currently taking reservations for our event at this time!
We will let you know when they start.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 03-01-2012).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Planning on being there for at least some of the event. May not get out of the hotel parking lot, although I love to see the cars, I go for the people that attend. Looking forward to seeing many of my old friends and meeting those I've only met here.

Question, should I plan on bringing some KY Shine or not? Sure don't want to offend any revenuers.
No, I don't partake of the spirits myself but, don't mind those that do responsibly.

Bump to keep this at the top of the page.

------------------
Ron
The key thing is to wake up breathing! All the rest can be fixed. (Except Stupid - You can't fix that)
Always remember these words of wisdom.

"The Lord must truly love fools, for he made them in abundance."

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent for the indoor ...
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Question, should I plan on bringing some KY Shine or not? Sure don't want to offend any revenuers.
No, I don't partake of the spirits myself but, don't mind those that do responsibly.

There is no reason why you cannot bring it. It becomes an issue if you try to sell it, and you cannot bring it into or serve it in the 'venue/restaurant' areas of the hotel without running afoul of the local liquor licensing. We are looking to make the event family friendly, but it is most definitely not a dry site nor does the hotel care if you drink your own booze on the property.

No drunken belligerence will be tolerated though.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 03-01-2012).]

RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be attending for sure, possibly a big group out of Canada comming down, This realy shold be a big show as its in the mid west i think you guys call it ! so cars from the deep south i am hopeing will be there,
Based on the turn out at the 20th and 25th I would say thoes parking lots are going to be full !!
Any vendors areas ??
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

The areas tinted in red with 255 stalls, teal with 145, purple with 46 and yellow with 17 are the parking areas that we have access to for our event. Still look small?

Glad to hear that. I do wish to see those 465 Fiero spots filled!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock