Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40140 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
greatlakesfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greatlakesfieroSend a Private Message to greatlakesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who are we supposed to check in with when we get there?
IP: Logged
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greatlakesfiero:

Who are we supposed to check in with when we get there?

There will be a sign at the hotel check-in/registration directing you to the location of the event registration and times.

Fred
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001
I received the IMS contract today and we are going to drive not just one lap,but two full laps. This was a surprise to me. Also, I received word today that 4P075 Indy Fiero Pace #2 and the P0180 Turbo Indy Pace Car Prototype will out while we are there for the day.

Reminder that tomorrow, June 19th, is the last day that any online registration will be accepted. Any really late registrations will need to be taken care of at the event.
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001
At last count of registrations that have been submitted, the event has 216 cars pre-registered as of today.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Fred and thanks for all of your hard work thus far (as well as the work of everyone else planning this).

Holy Crap a week from tomorrow I will be in Indy checking out the Fieros in the parking lot. I better get some air in my spare tire.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 WEEK TO GO!!!

For those of you who like to count parking spaces

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

I received the IMS contract today and we are going to drive not just one lap,but two full laps. This was a surprise to me. Also, I received word today that 4P075 Indy Fiero Pace #2 and the P0180 Turbo Indy Pace Car Prototype will out while we are there for the day.

Reminder that tomorrow, June 19th, is the last day that any online registration will be accepted. Any really late registrations will need to be taken care of at the event.

But there will be a chance to register at the event right. My car is still not drivable, and I don't want to register if I can't make it.

Rob
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

But there will be a chance to register at the event right. My car is still not drivable, and I don't want to register if I can't make it.

Rob

Nobody looks at the first post anymore... le sigh...

Woot 4000 posts!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 06-19-2013).]

Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Rob

My car is not drivable yet either so I am getting a trailer and planning to tow it, if it runs or not. If it does not run when we leave I will try and work on it Tuesday evening at the hotel in route, and when I get there if necessary to try and be able to drive it at the track. The trailer is the best way to know for sure it will not leave me stranded by the road on the way to event.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sure am hoping someone can score me a "Hi! My name is Blake!" commerative Fiero name badge!
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

sure am hoping someone can score me a "Hi! My name is Blake!" commerative Fiero name badge!

I assume that is for your benefit.
PFF
System Bot
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there set show classes and descriptions of each class.
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

For those interested, here are some pictures of the Badge Plaques.

Thanks looks like it would fit right on our front bumper cover emblems

kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At last count of registrations that have been submitted, the event has 216 cars pre-registered as of today.

mine is one of the 216 pre-registered cars, but it is looking more and more that it will not make it.
Which brings up the question if I don't make it having paid for registration could some one mail me my name tag,
and the rest of the things you get? I would not expect or want my money back , ( that helps the show ) but would
like the items. I could send payment for postage to cover the cost Or if some one going north on I69 wanted to
bring them to the intersection of I69 and US6 I could meet them there I would be thankful.
Let me know thanks
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Thanks looks like it would fit right on our front bumper cover emblems

Yep, it was specifically sized and designed to fit into the existing plastic bezel / holder on the 1987 / 1988 model Fieros. Colors are same as the original Indy Badge colors. So if your current insert needs re-placing this would work nicely. Good catch.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 06-20-2013).]

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:
mine is one of the 216 pre-registered cars, but it is looking more and more that it will not make it.
Which brings up the question if I don't make it having paid for registration could some one mail me my name tag,
and the rest of the things you get? I would not expect or want my money back , ( that helps the show ) but would
like the items. I could send payment for postage to cover the cost Or if some one going north on I69 wanted to
bring them to the intersection of I69 and US6 I could meet them there I would be thankful.
Let me know thanks

Ok I just looked at a map and you are only 2.5 hours away from this event and it is 4 days long. You could come for one of the days or even a few hours, visit and pick up your stuff, you are so close you would not even have to stay the night if you did not have the time or money.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking like I won't make it also. There is a slim possibility I might drive the 88 down Saturday but that would be all I could do.
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arrangements for the event are moving along nicely. I am hoping to have the final itinerary finished up by the end of the weekend.

It looks like I will be able to bring 5 Fieros to the show. I will be at the hotel on Tuesday for the entire week.

I am starting to get excited now that the stress of making all of these arrangements are finally coming to an end.

I look forward to seeing everybody in Indy.

Fred
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Arrangements for the event are moving along nicely. I am hoping to have the final itinerary finished up by the end of the weekend.

It looks like I will be able to bring 5 Fieros to the show. I will be at the hotel on Tuesday for the entire week.

I am starting to get excited now that the stress of making all of these arrangements are finally coming to an end.

Fred

Herculean effort, Fred. Thanks for taking so much on! Can't wait to get back down there and have a beer or three!
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Christine:

Ok I just looked at a map and you are only 2.5 hours away from this event and it is 4 days long. You could come for one of the days or even a few hours, visit and pick up your stuff, you are so close you would not even have to stay the night if you did not have the time or money.

It is frustrating to be so close and yet so far. Sadly it is not the distance but the lack of $$$$$$ My Fiero needs tires , and my wife's car needs
lots of work mostly a starter. Mostly the $$$$$ we are behind on medical payments and most bills so this week we just had enough
money for gas to get my wife to work. I could still make it for a day but not holding my breath.( or maybe that is an option )
there will always be the 35th hope everyone has a good time

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody know if you must have a helmet for the track lap or not?
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

Does anybody know if you must have a helmet for the track lap or not?

Originally posted by Carbon:
no helmet required.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-21-2013).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fred

I'll also take this opportunity to say Thanks! To you and to all involved.

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My trip to Indy begins tomorrow. Visiting family and friends on the way. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. Drive safely.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

My trip to Indy begins tomorrow. Visiting family and friends on the way. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. Drive safely.

Have a great trip west, see you Wednesday.
jwct7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwct7Send a Private Message to jwct7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my luck, I got laid of work on June 7th and have waited till now, but I just cannot justify the trip and expense while unemployed. I was so looking forward to this event. On the other hand, took a small trip around town and I have a problem... the trans oil is leaking out at the CV joint, oil and grease everywhere, so I have work to do but it could have been worse out there on a highway to Indy.
Gonna miss seeing old friends, making new ones and seeing some awesome vehicles. Till the 35th, I guess.......
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fuel prices in Indiana are dropping! Gasbuddy reports prices for 87 octane as cheap as $3.27/gal in Indianapolis right now.

-ryan
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
final prep & checks 2 morrow; will be a scorcher of a drive; our cars don't like too much heat

ice water...check
hat...check
towels...check
squirt gun...check.... 8-)

see here for southern Ontario/gta mini-convoy info: http://www.gtfieros.com/php...topic.php?f=13&t=167

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 06-24-2013).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hooking up the trailer and loading up the IMSA tomorrow. I have be prepping for 6 weeks. I am very excited! See you all there!

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

kev63rod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kev63rodSend a Private Message to kev63rodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so how does it work if i just want to show up and look around? there is no way mine or my lil bros car will make it. can we just show up and look or do we have to pay for something? sorry if its been answered before but dont have time to read 20 some pages.
PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kev63rod:

so how does it work if i just want to show up and look around? there is no way mine or my lil bros car will make it. can we just show up and look or do we have to pay for something? sorry if its been answered before but dont have time to read 20 some pages.

You are more than welcome. Please join us. The more the merrier. There is no charge to walk around and look at a lot of nice Fieros and talk with people. There are a lot of late night parking lot conversations.

Jeff
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This show is open to all spectators! Don't be shy!
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NTFC is on the road, See ya'll tomorrow

Jim
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierosmith:

NTFC is on the road, See ya'll tomorrow

Jim

Most of MFF will be on the road tomorrow, bright and early! See you there!
FIREBOX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIREBOXSend a Private Message to FIREBOXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm so looking for the ride from Western Pa to Indy on Thursday. I was wondering, is there a contact person that can be called in the event of an "emergency" while enroute there? Although I've done what I can to assure a safe trip, if something were to happen on the way it would be assuring to know there's someone to call and discuss the situation. You know, like a "hotline" for breakdowns.

In the same "play it safe" attitude, I've decided not to run my original 4 cyl on the track. Even though you've said "parade laps", speeds could reach 100 if my suspicions are correct. (A parade around IMS is not a parade down Main Street in Harmony, Pa ! But my gf and I would still like to watch the "parade". I'm BUILDING EXCITEMENT !!
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have access to an Internet connection posting an emergency (such as a breakdown) might spawn people in the area to come help, it's been done before. Or call someone you do know and have them post it for you. As for the track day, I don't know the logistics but I highly doubt 100 mph will happen, I'm sure for insurance reasons there will be a front pace car leading and a rear pace car preventing people from dropping back to get a speed run behind the front pace car. I'm sure there will be a low speed limit that will be strictly enforced.

Good luck and see ya there!!

Dan
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fred

So Fred, whats the cancellation policy ? Any form or refund if one is unable to make it ?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIREBOX:

In the same "play it safe" attitude, I've decided not to run my original 4 cyl on the track. Even though you've said "parade laps", speeds could reach 100 if my suspicions are correct. (A parade around IMS is not a parade down Main Street in Harmony, Pa ! But my gf and I would still like to watch the "parade". I'm BUILDING EXCITEMENT !!

Anyone foolish enough to attempt any kind of speed run on the IMS will be dealt with severely by IMS (and the Fiero community too I suspect). It would not be a pretty picture, and would be very disrespectful to the Speedway and the organizers of this event.

Bring the Duke!

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hoping i can find a friend who has an open seat at the track on friday. jay and carter will be driving the toy and im not sure if they would let carter sit on my lap so we can go together and are super strict on seatbelts, etc. i am suspecting they are

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock