Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  First Time Builder Attempts Totally Custom Modded Build (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
First Time Builder Attempts Totally Custom Modded Build by Corpsmen Ed
Started on: 10-11-2012 01:29 AM
Replies: 191 (11791 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 06-16-2019 09:47 AM
Corpsmen Ed

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all, I just wanted to introduce myself and share my build that I am starting.

My name is Ed and this will be my first build....EVER.

I have always wanted to build up a Fiero, ever since I owned an 85 notchy back when I was in the military. I originally considered doing a Lambo kit build - but decided to stick to just sweetening up the Fiero itself.

Mainly, I wanted something I could do with my 13 year old car fanatic son to give him some hands-on car knowledge and experience.

To make things even more interesting, I have little to no experience doing this myself. I have grown up around cars and am good at building things with my hands, but I am not a mechanic or bodyman. So this should be interesting.

BUT I have an empty garage, a dream, lots of tools, an eager helper, and knowledgeable friends and family. If all else fails, I'm only a couple hours away from V8 Archie's (I live in Indiana)!

As soon as I figure out how to post pics on here, I will.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested. You can post pics by uploading them only to one of many sites (Photobucket, Imgur, ect) and then copying the BBCode the site gives you when you click to share a photo it would look something like [IMG] PHOTOLINK [/IMG ]
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, here goes....

If all goes as planned, I will be starting with this 1988 Formula...

Things on my to do list...
New Poly all around
Big Brake upgrade
update suspension
Swap in 3800 Series 2 SC
Tranny to be determined (currently has stock manual in need of rebuild)
Customize interior
Big staggered wheels & tires
Custom bodywork & paint (Originally thinking Matte Black with Yellow Accents....drawing below not shown in black to show detail) Although, now I kind of like the two tone paint. lol

Here's my design...

I'll be picking you brains as we go, so wish me luck.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Like you design. where you put the 2 "Gilles" in front of the rear wheels, I put 3 Like 68 corvette. make sure you post "Progress pictures".
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for the interest and info on how to post the pics. I hope to pick up my project car this weekend. I'll post more pics as soon as I do. I have been itching to get started on this for about 3 months now.
sirtimeless

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sirtimelessClick Here to visit sirtimeless's HomePageSend a Private Message to sirtimelessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to see this finished.

Kind of makes me want to start some body work on mine

------------------

Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the rear end looks like norms front end with a dodge challangers ass end. not bad I like it.
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I fully intend to bring this to completion. We are chomping at the bit to get started. I'm not rich, so I will be doing as much of the work myself as I can, which also means this won't be finished anytime soon. I have been reading everything I can find to help me with my build, and have been watching all the video I can find on stuff like sculpting with liquid foam and fiberglass.

My design is my interpretation of what our beloved Fiero might look like if it had remained into production until today. The whole thing has been made a little curvier, especially around the hips.

I also tried to address some areas of the original that always bothered me. For example:
1. The original nose/front airdam always looked like it was angled up too much. On my design, I put it out and down. More inline with supercars of today (like McLaren, Saleen, etc) and somewhat NASCAR. I also gave it a large triangular mouth intake to help with cooling. Someone mentioned it looked like Norm's Tilt Front. I really like Norm's stuff, but it's awfully expensive. Which is sad because I'm only 2 hours south of Norm. I don't really want my front end to tilt either.
2. The pop up headlights always seemed to be a source of headache, so I recessed them into the front fenders. Design inspired by my dad's new 2012 Corvette.
3. The rear of the original always looked too stubby, especially for the engine being back there. Without adding a frame stretch, I added some to length to the bodywork. When you add in the filled in side window panels, it makes the rearend look fuller.

Some other design features:
1. The triple taillights were inspired by the classic mustangs, with the third light appearing more directional.
2. The side vents were added for style and function. The inside drivers side vent will be for the engine intake, with inside passenger side vent for engine cooling. The outside side vents on both sides will be for brake cooling. The large vents in rear bumper area and rear-facing large decklid scoop for venting heat and air pressure.

Additional items being considered...
Hood vents of some kind to relieve pressure....
Gullwing doors....just because I haven't seen those on a Fiero....which might mean it's not possible

Anyway, thanks for all the positive feedback. I really appreciate it.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoa! Looks sick, can't wait to see progress!

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project soon to tear up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome!
Your rendering looks nice, would love to see it finished.
My sugestion would be to tackle one part at a time. Many a projects never get finished because people get overwhelmed...
Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
by gull wing door's I'm assuming like the ones that lift up like birds wings. Those wouldn't be possible with stock doors due to having no connection at top other than glass. normally there mouted to the top of door.
PFF
System Bot
NUC19882M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NUC19882M6Send a Private Message to NUC19882M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A thought on those gull-wing doors; obviously doors like on a Delorean (sp?) won't work since the top is glass and can't hinge that much weight on the Fiero's door glass. However, what if someone did a compound hinge that attached at the sides, back, or front of the door and allowed it to pop out, raise, then tilt out? I suppose a picture would be easier to demonstrate what I'm saying, but maybe you can get my drift. Though a scissor type or "Lambo" door would be easier since there was recently a buy going on in the mall for them.
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't given up on the gullwing idea yet. I think using some type of horizontal hinge on the side of the door with poppers might do it. Maybe that opens out and up while rotating the door upside down before going about the top. Still thinking about it.

I am supposed to pick up my project car this weekend, but the guy with the 88 Formula is doing some last minute price haggling and pissing me off. I can get just a regular 88 Fiero for about $500 (maybe more) cheaper and about 200 miles closer. Is there THAT big a difference between the Formula and SE?

What do you guys think?
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might want to consider a chop top as well the roof line looks too tall for your rendering. Looks awesome though, I'll be watching!
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did consider a choptop originally but decided against it. But we'll see how things go.

Still waiting on an answer to my question about the real differences between a basic 88 Fiero and an 88 Formula and whether it's worth a $650 price difference.

Thanks
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the only real difference in the Formula is the V6, springs, & swaybars. Probably all of which you'll be changing anyway in your build.
That's a mighty ambitious project. Count on not hundreds but thousands (well over 1,000) of hours to finish it. Gonna be worth it, though, especially building it with your son.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey THANKS ThaDriver!

Yeah, I figured about 3 years or more. Especially since I am working within a budget (basically meaning I'll buy the stuff when I have the money or when I can do it without my wife finding out LOL).

I have actually looked at your site before and may source you for some parts as I get more into the build, specifically the rear deck scoop.

Anyway, thanks again.
Ed
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the gullwing doors, I think you could fabricate door frames from 1/2" and/or 3/4" square tubing & use T-Top framework. You'd want to cut off the bottom of the doors & fill in the body there, but that would give you extra bracing, too. Again a lot of time involved...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the Gullwing door thing is Waaaaaaayyyy down on the list. I plan to start with the suspension & brakes, engine & tranny swap, body work, and finish with interior. We'll see how things go.

I decided against the 88 Formula. It wasn't worth the hassle the guy was giving me over price when I can get a regular 88 for $650 cheaper that needs less cosmetic work. Plus, the Formula was about 200 miles away, and the other car is on 15 miles away.
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dosen't anyone else see this ending badly? Larry
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geesh Larry, thanks for the vote of confidence. LOL

Which part ending badly, the doors? Or the whole thing?

Come on, give a brother a little encouragement.
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do wish you a lot of luck, but if it your first try an this type of thing I am thinking you will need it. You have bitten off a lot for a first time project. Larry
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get that, but I am taking my time and I do have resources.

Examples: My dad has built several cars, both street and strip, and knows about everything there is. Plus, he should have any tool that I don't.
My brother-in-law has his own welder and welds daily.
One of my fellow Firefighters is a bodyman and has volunteered his knowledge and help in exchange for Coronas.
And I'm not completely in the dark. I have grown up around cars my whole life. My parents owned a car parts place when I was growing up, and I spent more summers in a junkyard than most kids did in a pool. Plus, I have owned and worked on a fiero before.

But yes, this is a big undertaking.
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting started is taking longer than I would like. The deal for the 88 Formula I was trying to acquire fell through. The guy kept jacking me around on price. I then tried to acquire an 88 base in the next town over, but that turned out to be a scam. As soon as the guy found out I was local and wanted to see the car first, he stopped returning my emails and texts.

Anybody have an 88 then want to sell for less than $1000? lol

I might just go back to my original plan of using an 84-87. Seems like there is more available to chose from, even if it does require more work to upgrade. What are your thoughts?

Also, I have been scoping out headlights to use. It's hard to find ones with the right curve and angle. I don't think I want to use the vette's lights anymore. However, I am sticking with GM, if possible. Which means I am re-designing the taillights. No longer will they pay tribute to the classic mustangs with 3 vertical lenses. Instead, they will pay tribute to the classic Pontiacs with horizontal lenses. Stay tuned for the updated renderings.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ed,
just get a 84-87 and START. you are wasting your time looking for the diamond in the rough(88)

The frame is the same except for some mounting points. you can always get the rear cradle and the front drive tran another time.
Hell 84-87 go for $100 and up!
I say getany Fiero in your price range and tear it all apart and go from there.
Gull wing doors?!? wow going to be very hard to pull that off. with that said, you may fail so bad that you will need another donor, get another one(84-87) just about anywhere.

So to start, get a low price 4 bannger and go from there. I'm telling ya, the frame with all the body panels off looks alike. fab to your hearts contend!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88's are (in my opinion) the better choice, however, buy the cleanest, rust free car you can find. With all the mod's you plan to make, starting with the best car should be your highest priority. Even if you have to pay a few bucks more for the base car. Skip the GT's because of the extra coin they will cost. Pick up a 86-87 coupe, they are a dime a dozen. Again, get a rust free southern car.

Also, expect to make mistakes, and some will end up costing you, but you will learn. Ask a lot of questions and sometimes the best choice is to use a vendor for the parts you need. Figure on 2-3 times the money and 3-4 times the total time to finish it.

Read every thread you can on Pennocks and look at other forums too, and finally make sure to get some help when your in over your head. We don't want to see this project in the "mall" next year.

Good luck

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
88 GT, SIII 3800NA/Auto swap underway
LS Build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083204.html
LS on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0
SIII build thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for the feedback. I am definitely ready to start.

Here's the rendering of the new tail lights.

Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I JUST PURCHASED MY CAR!!!

I'm soooooo excited!!!

Let the gamed BEGIN!!!!!
stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting project. Post lot of pictures of your progress
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Corpsmen Ed:

I JUST PURCHASED MY CAR!!!

I'm soooooo excited!!!

Let the gamed BEGIN!!!!!

Goodluck! Lets see some pics!

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will definitely be posting lots of pics.

I pick up the car this Saturday. It's an black 88 notchie, 2.5, 5-speed.

It has 90K miles, but seems solid. No visible rust anywhere. Body and interior is a little rough, but I am modifying all that anyway.

Stay tuned for more pics this saturday!
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like your aspirations and wish you the best. I will be watching.

------------------

Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up my fiero today!

First, a little backstory. I have been looking for MONTHS for the right project fiero. Craigslist, eBay, classifieds, etc. I saw this fiero on Craigslist and have been following it while waiting for my bonus check from work. Right about the time I got my check, the ad disappeared from Craigslist. I called anyway, and the guy still had it. When I went to look at it on Wednesday, I couldn't help feeling like I had seen this exact car before. Turns out, it was the same car I had looked at 2 months prior. Only then, it was parked in front of a guys house in THE VERY TOWN I LIVE IN with a For Sale sign on it. I had actually went back to buy it later that weekend and it was gone. Turns out the guy I bought it from had purchased it that same weekend before I could. Here it was again. It was almost like it was destined to be mine.

Unfortunately, my poor original timing cost me an extra $200 in purchase price, and having to transport it 15 miles vs. 6 blocks. Oh well. The guy I eventually purchased it from had bought it for a project car as well, and decided he had enough projects in the works right now. He told me he has own around 20 fieros, and currently has at least 2. Turns out, he is a Pennock Forum member and even has one of his builds documented on here somewhere. He was really cool to deal with too.

And now, the official BEFORE pics:

Here we are loading it on to my brother-in-laws trailer for the trip home.

All loaded and ready to roll. You can see my brother-in-law, Earl the fiero/car guy, and my nephew bullshitting back there.

Home Sweet Home. The Brother-in-law, my youngest son, and my nephew strike a pose.

My daughter, youngest son, and my teenager (and future shop mule) checking out the new fiero.

No visible rust under the rear decklid. Strut towers look practically new.

Minus the leaves, under the hood looks clean and solid. No rust there either.

I had an interior pic, but it didn't turn out. Stupid phone. Anyway, it is rough, as are the body panels, but I am changing all that anyway.

Now, where do I start first?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Usually it's best to do mechanical, body, interior. So I'd do the engine swap (detailing out the engine compartment of course), brake upgrades, wheels & tires. Get it running & driving ready to go. Then the body to match to the new wheels (keep them covered to keep off the fiberglass & overspray). Then you can do the interior without having to worry about covering it with dust & overspray.
HTH,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, we got off to a quick start today, stripping off the body panels.

Here the boys are hard at work removing the front fenders

We started around 230pm and by about 5pm we had both fenders, both rocker panels, the taillights, the rear facia, and both side vent panels removed.

Here is Max, my teenager, working to remove the bolts on the rear clip

We never finished removing it, as it was getting dark and we were still wrestling to get it to release from the roof line. Can't figure out why or where its still connected.

Anyway, so far, I still haven't found any rest. Most of the metal looks in really good shape. I did notice the rocker and side vent panel on the passenger side seemed like it had been painted black over an original white, but I didn't notice any damage underneath to suggest an accident or repair. The weirder thing is, the hardware attaching the panels on the driver side was all different and not stock, even though the panels appeared to be (the fender had the correct idea tag on it, but mixed hardware holding it on - hex screw, plastic clips, aluminum rivets, and 10mm bolts).

My teenager has me working at break neck pace to keep up with him, so our only delays my be money-related.

Stay tuned.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We never finished removing it, as it was getting dark and we were still wrestling to get it to release from the roof line. Can't figure out why or where its still connected.

Get the 3 nuts on the inside?

Roof, under the headliner.

------------------

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My teenager has me working at break neck pace to keep up with him, so our only delays my be money-related.

Stay tuned.

Lol, I know the feeling!
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Real Shadow. I figured we were missing something.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Real Shadow. I figured we were missing something.

Never a problem.

Forgot to mention, thank you for your service! It is truly appreciated.
Corpsmen Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsmen EdClick Here to visit Corpsmen Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to Corpsmen EdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again Shadow. Although, I was in during peacetime and didn't do much but work in a hospital.

After I got home from work today, we got back to work tearing the body panels off the car. Thanks to the tip from Real Shadow, I removed the headliner and the 3 nuts holding the rest of the rear clip on the car

We were working against the fading light, but we also managed to removed the front hood.

Not bad for a little less than an hour.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock