Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Who has the best looking fastback? (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Who has the best looking fastback? by BlueGT
Started on: 04-07-2003 12:37 AM
Replies: 869 (91755 views)
Last post by: Dccarguy05 on 12-19-2022 08:44 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2014 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I've never seen a blue 87 with T-tops. Nice!
IP: Logged
BlueGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A blue GT with T-Tops always looks nice! :-D

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

Rexgirl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2015 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For me, Raydar's car is what it's all about.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2015 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about this one

Personally my favorite

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 05-23-2015).]

JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely not the nicest but ver nice.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hoods Up For Fastbacks!!

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Re-visited this post since I hadn't been on in a few years. Dang! This post is like an online car show!!!

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

exc911ence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exc911enceSend a Private Message to exc911enceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're so cute with their eyes open!

[This message has been edited by exc911ence (edited 09-20-2019).]

exc911ence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exc911enceSend a Private Message to exc911enceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exc911ence

398 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since I haven't voted yet, I'm saying now that I'm pretty fond of Raydar's modded Formula. Think it would look amazing after tinting the door glass.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Since I haven't voted yet, I'm saying now that I'm pretty fond of Raydar's modded Formula. Think it would look amazing after tinting the door glass.

Seconded...

HAGO!
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll add mine to the show. It's wrapped in 3M 1080 vinyl and the color is Liquid copper.

Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So does this count as a GT??

[img]20170509_200625 by M4A3E8Easy8, on Flickr[/img]

[img]20170327_180322 by M4A3E8Easy8, on Flickr[/img]

Lets not judge by my "pretty lawn" shall we
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I've never seen a blue 87 with T-tops. Nice!

I'll be darned, that is a new one on me too. You're right Raydar, NICE!
Rn2016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2022 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rn2016Send a Private Message to Rn2016Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Bozzie in the mix

This looks great. Was it ever completed? Is this a kit or a custom job?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2022 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***EDITED*** -
I received a "drunk at 3 AM" PM regarding the whole fastback vs notchback argument, which I previously posted here.
It was all sent in jest. It was from someone we all know and respect. My main issue was not the whole FB vs NB argument.
It was why *I* was singled out, since I have only been a minor participant in this thread.

But no big. Whatever. All good. Stow the torches and pitch forks.

End EDIT.
==================
But in honor of that, I'll share some updates.

And my newest addition.

And my current LQ1 project. (A notchie. The horror! Don't shoot me.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-11-2022).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2022 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have owned my '85 SE V6 since new....drove it (Basically) stock for 20 years, then parked it for few, then started rebopping it,,,86-88 GT rear clip, 87-88 base car nose, side scoops and some mechanical modes also.

When I removed the rear clip in the JY, I allowed it to settle which broke the front of the good quarter window....Replacements are $$$$ so I designed and made aluminum "B" pillars to cover the front of the windows...was planning on molding on a kick-tail but have health issues....

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 12-11-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2022 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:
...I designed and made aluminum "B" pillars to cover the front of the windows...

I never noticed that before.
I like that. A lot.

Pontiac could (or should?) have done something with that.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-11-2022).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2022 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Originally, I wanted to copy the louvered "B" pillar design of the 1970s Chevy Monza...Tried to shape some plastic, but could not pull it off, so just went with flat aluminum, curving it at first with a roller device, then to get the proper amount of curvature, I had to have a guy use a hydraulic press, then carved a piece to finish the leading edge wrap-around, and had a friend weld it on along with three tabs that hold it on- one screw behind the emblem locks it on.

Raydar- your car was (Basically) what inspired my mix of Fiero parts. And the color of yours is really nice- moves the car's looks up in price range.

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 12-12-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2022 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Originally, I wanted to copy the louvered "B" pillar design of the 1970s Chevy Monza...Tried to shape some plastic, but could not pull it off, so just went with flat aluminum, curving it at first with a roller device, then to get the proper amount of curvature, I had to have a guy use a hydraulic press, then carved a piece to finish the leading edge wrap-around, and had a friend weld it on along with three tabs that hold it on- one screw behind the emblem locks it on.

Even up close... I like it. If that metal piece had been "a constant" on GTs, it would have made aftermarket windows lots easier. Not that that matters.

Raydar- your car was (Basically) what inspired my mix of Fiero parts. And the color of yours is really nice- moves the car's looks up in price range.

Thanks. I appreciate that. I can't claim it as my own, however.
Several years before mine, there was a dark blue one - 87 or 88, with T-tops, even. I can't remember who built it, but they were here on Pennocks.

"Up in the price range"? Hmmm... I have been thinking.

Regarding that Monza fastback... I used to have a 76 2+2, with a 350 and a 4 speed. I ended up selling it because I figured I had gone "as far in that direction" as I could, without screwing it up - or at least spending a bunch more money that I didn't have.
Have kicked myself repeatedly.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-13-2022).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2022 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love my Fiero (No- Nuthin' weird) but the colors they originally went with really emphasized the "Plastic toy' look...Red, white, black....Then silver which just doesn't seem to work on the Fiero...Finally, they added that maroon metallic color which makes a huge difference...But a dark sapphire blue metallic would have been a great color, and your green, also.

Yes, yes, I am really happy the Fiero has a plastic body (in the 70s, I was all into the Bricklin SV-1), but the colors on the Fiero made it look like a kids plastic toy car...
PFF
System Bot
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2022 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I would add the "mini wide body " to this thread. The owner always think they have the best looking fastback, right?

OOPS, forgot the rear shot.

[This message has been edited by bjc 350 (edited 12-14-2022).]

American Exotic

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by American Exotic (edited 12-17-2022).]

American Exotic

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

American Exotic

197 posts
Member since Nov 2006
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a nicely shaped spoiler on the back of your Fiero, Bjc 350- I was planning something similar before I got Lupus...

(I don't know why, but if I log in to do forum posts, it NEVER shows me as logged in- have to keep logging in each time, and of course, will not allow media loading- I have to back out and log in to private messages....Seems kind of dumb.....(The system- not me (Please don't ask any of my ex-GFs what THEY think of me)

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 12-17-2022).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damnnnn, there are some gorgeous customs in this thread!
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may be bias to this wide body.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 12-19-2022).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think several of these cars have not been on the road for years.

One had an interior that looked like someone threw up Crayolas in it. It was not even built by the poster on this web site. Outside ok but inside ehh.

My choice for best fastback has always been on of the PPG cars. They got the look right on the tail end.

Not too much and not too little.

Several are still running yet.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I think several of these cars have not been on the road for years.

One had an interior that looked like someone threw up Crayolas in it. It was not even built by the poster on this web site. Outside ok but inside ehh.

My choice for best fastback has always been on of the PPG cars. They got the look right on the tail end.

Not too much and not too little.

Several are still running yet.

I agree. The PPG cars are very nice looking.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-19-2022).]

Dccarguy05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dccarguy05Send a Private Message to Dccarguy05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 GT 3.4 always turns som heads

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock