Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Who has the best looking fastback? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Who has the best looking fastback? by BlueGT
Started on: 04-07-2003 12:37 AM
Replies: 869 (91754 views)
Last post by: Dccarguy05 on 12-19-2022 08:44 PM
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I prefer the wingless look, kind of like this-

------------------
-Brian, Toolmaker
Lincoln, NE
Silver 87' GT- Turbo Charged, Modified 2.8- 235 HP w/ 8 psi Boost, 11.25" brakes.
Maroon 87' GT- 355 TPI V8, 5-speed

IP: Logged
Buffalo86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Buffalo86GTSend a Private Message to Buffalo86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still need to get out and play with the settings on the digital a little more to get a better picture...

[This message has been edited by Buffalo86GT (edited 04-08-2003).]

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, I always have to vote on my own car. :P

I'll be taking some more pics soon.

Greg

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My top 3 favorite fastbacks are:

3. Califorina Kid
2. Slammed 87GT
1. Skitime

------------------

Real Sports Cars, Dont Have Cup Holders!

wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok here's my list:

SkiTime

Kameo Kid

SLAMMED87GT

Cali Kid

Great Blue Chop Top

Chesters Dirty Rat

1FST2M6

MinnGreenGT's (even in progress it looks good and I love what Reality did with how it's gonna look! can't wait to see that! )

Wild_86_Custom (haven't seen much of it, but love the pic in my calender (bottom left september))

and I LOVE the gunmetal colour chop top, dont know who's it is though.

Chris.

Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bar keeps getting raised..... you can sit still and keep up with the quality of these cars.

2 years ago this car would have won hands down...... now, so far it hasn't even been mentioned. How soon they forget.

p4n1c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p4n1cSend a Private Message to p4n1cEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
California Kid's Fiero hands down is number one in my book for fastbacks.

------------------

Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still say the GBCT wins. Period.

I'm a big fan of Ski's car and all, but I don't like the hood anymore. He should Warberize it like the GBCT. Love his facia.

------------------

Nobody likes a loser, be a cheater.

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Dad's 87 blue Gt is pretty sweet

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

as far as the term DAMN!! ill use it as well but i think in differant terms, as in DAMN!!, thats Fugly

The only thing that I dont like abotu that car is the spoiler. If you can find some front and side views of it, its just a wide body GT, with purple metallic paint. It's actually quite nice. I agree, that picture makes it look pretty fugly.

------------------

87 GT w/T-Tops
If you like what I am contributing, please vote.

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

soup

1572 posts
Member since Nov 2001

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Man, I always have to vote on my own car. :P

I'll be taking some more pics soon.

Greg

Yours is definately up there, I dont know if I would go best though. That scarab fascia sure adds alot, not to mention the rims, but other than that, what else is on the exterrior? I havent really seen many pics.

The interrior is wild! I was going to vote for you on best stereo, but I didnt realise you were even close to being finished.

PFF
System Bot
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AznFiero:

I'd say that one I saw on ebay with the convertable and northstar engine...I don't have pics but someone posted it before...Does that even count as a fastback?

But I think skitimes also is overall the most well rounded modified fiero.

That convertible Northstar is another Chris Moore creation and it was a fastback before it became topless.

And Archie's chop top definitely needs to be on the list of sweet fastbacks.

------------------
Dillon

"And this one time, on the Fiero Forum..."

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by soup:

Yours is definately up there, I dont know if I would go best though. That scarab fascia sure adds alot, not to mention the rims, but other than that, what else is on the exterrior? I havent really seen many pics.

The interrior is wild! I was going to vote for you on best stereo, but I didnt realise you were even close to being finished.

Thanks soup! :: pats on your back :: She's coming along nicely. I'm going to get the parobolic headlights when a kit is available. I am one of the first in line for Aus's hood scoops. I have Pat's FNF decklid scoop to install. And I plan on Archie's integrated rocker scoops and chop top. Wow, I have a way to go. I hope to get it most of the way there this summer.

I'll keep you guys updated on the progress,
Greg

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 04-08-2003).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kslish:

Hmmm....looks like Konig Monsoons. Love 'em, they're the same wheels I currently have in storage for my turbo project.

That's EXACTLY what they are, Ken. 17X7, 40mm offset. I procrastinated on ordering them, then when I finally went to buy them, they were discontinued. I lucked out on this set....they were on a "scratch and dent" auction on eBay from Discount Tire. Had to have one of them repaired, but it turned out pretty nice.

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wpgfiero:

ok here's my list:

SkiTime

Kameo Kid

SLAMMED87GT

Cali Kid

Great Blue Chop Top

Chesters Dirty Rat

1FST2M6

MinnGreenGT's (even in progress it looks good and I love what Reality did with how it's gonna look! can't wait to see that! )

Wild_86_Custom (haven't seen much of it, but love the pic in my calender (bottom left september))

and I LOVE the gunmetal colour chop top, dont know who's it is though.

Chris.

That looks like a pretty good list to me too.
I might change a few around
I do think SkiTime has the best detailed and qualiy built car that I've seen. It's one of a few cars I would trade for.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 04-08-2003).]

wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

That looks like a pretty good list to me too.
I might change a few around
I do think SkiTime has the best detailed and qualiy built car that I've seen. It's one of a few cars I would trade for.

oh just so you know that's in no particular order, if I had to put them in order I dont think I could, I love them all so much

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C'mon people... Ski's cutting powder and the car is in his garage... Still anxious to see more. Don't be afraid to post 'em... I know there's gotta be other fastbacks that stand out.

------------------
BlueGT

White88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't know about the best, but it makes me smile every time I see it...
Thanks--Nathan

------------------

Please E-mail me at Wicked88GT@yahoo.com

Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archies Purple Pavement Eater is my favorite, i still like the almost stock looks, and with power to back it up...i wish i had the cash to buy it

-Phil

------------------
Pontiac Firefly 87 1.0L
Pontiac Fiero 86 SE 2.8L
Buick Skyhawk 76 3.8L
GMC Jimmy 85 305
"It's not how fast you go, but how good you look goin"

RichLeBlanc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLeBlancSend a Private Message to RichLeBlancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since there are so many great fastbacks, maybe everyone should list their favorite based on color.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One car we can at least all agree on has never been straight forwardly mentioned in this thread and that is the mother of all fastbacks.........................................................................................................

PONTIAC

Sorry just had to be the smart ass

Dan

------------------

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 04-10-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Azarael

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AzaraelSend a Private Message to AzaraelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only these three have had enough effort, work, and changes put into them for them to be considered the best fastbacks in my book ...

- Skitime's red car - Simply Amazing *drools* Not much could make it any better ... maybe some different side vents?

- Kameo Kid - It's a beauty Queen for now, but it's getting a freaking turbo 3.4 dohc! Do something with that rainbow interior

- Great Blue Chop Top - Looks great, just needs to replace those TSW blades with someone else.

- Califonia Kid - My favorite so far, tastefully done, and I mean EVERYTHING was tasefully done, not to mention setup for roadracing/autoX, if I was to have anyone's fiero this would be it.

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlueGT:

C'mon people... Ski's cutting powder and the car is in his garage... Still anxious to see more. Don't be afraid to post 'em... I know there's gotta be other fastbacks that stand out.

Heck no my ski season is over and I am out working in the garage on some new stuff.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car

Kris Duck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kris DuckSend a Private Message to Kris DuckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, of course I agree about your car, Skitime.

I also love this one:

Hopefully the owner is planning on bringing it back after the unfortunate accident.

And this one, though I don't remember where I found it, nor do I know anything else about it:

Also, I'm a sucker for an IMSA Fastback:

Anyway, I guess that's it, though of course there's one more Fastback I like:

Duck!

[This message has been edited by Kris Duck (edited 04-10-2003).]

Kris Duck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kris DuckSend a Private Message to Kris DuckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kris Duck

193 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Okay, I'm replying to my own message, but I forgot one of the most heavily-modified fastbacks around.....

Regards,

Kris

Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sluppy123 has the look I like in the wigless silver GT.

Ira

camon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for camonSend a Private Message to camonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have to vote for Skitime's 88GT....just because of the hand craftsmanship that went into it and with the 3800SC powerplant to back up it's sinister looks!

My second favorite (close second) would have to be Cali.Kid's. The engine mixed with a yellow paint job makes it hard not to rate high on my list(the yellow paint job and rims really make this car awesome in my eyes)!

Well there is my opinion!

------------------

Keith F.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CultCar's 87GT!

------------------

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Azarael:

- Kameo Kid - It's a beauty Queen for now, but it's getting a freaking turbo 3.4 dohc! Do something with that rainbow interior

Beauty Queen "yes it is" and that is the one thing that has bothered me about my GT this last year and so I'm out to make some major changes that will make the GT as fast as it looks and still look good maybe even better.
Don't worry Azarael the interior is next in line after the engine swap, looks like the cat is out of the back.. The Rainbow "I like to call it LEGO" interior was fun for the first year and a real attention getter but it's not me, so sometime in the near future as soon as i nail down the look i want that will change and i think all will like the new look.

Just want to say thanks to all for the great comments and I'm honered to be considered in a group with the likes of California Kid, Skitime, and the many great cars that come out of Archie's shop, and all the FINE Fieros that are on this forum.."there are many"

------------------

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd also like to mention a "Big Thumbs Up" to all the cars mentioned in this thread, it's hard work to get these cars this far.

Also, Special Thanks to all who mentioned my car, your comments are greatly appreciated!

Tom

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2003 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... I have to agree on the Skitime vote's...
But, I guess if I was finished I might have even got a slight mention for effort..
I will have atop 5 Fiero when finished(dont ask when.. lol)

Great Fiero's everyone... Keep up the posting of pic's!!

Smooth!!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

PFF
System Bot
Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smoothgt - still a project in the making

Soaper

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Soaper:

Smoothgt - still a project in the making

Soaper

LOL Thank's Soaper!

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I like the mildly modded cars myself. Changes that accent the clean styling of the car rather than outrageous mods. Color choice and wheels are really important. Of course, Crazyd has a great looking example, but I also love FieroLisa's GT. It's a really cool color (I call it Viloent Grape )

This pic shows the color much better, but you can't see the whole car.

kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may not be up there with California Kid and Ski Time yet but I am working towards it. I have only been to the Daytona shows so far.

Kris

[This message has been edited by kmunson56 (edited 04-13-2003).]

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kmunson56 just one comment and one question. The hood vents are too busy, I think two outlets would look better (just my opinion). I really like what you have done with everything else.

Question, what is that engine? That intake is rather different.

Ira

Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always been a huge fan of this fast back
im not sure whos it is
but i found it on the site www.modifiedcars.com a long time ago

this car is one of the ones that got me hooked on fieros

------------------
If I've been of help...rate me!

Pontiac Firefly 87 1.0L
Pontiac Fiero 86 SE 2.8L
Buick Skyhawk 76 3.8L
GMC Jimmy 85 305

[This message has been edited by Phil86SE (edited 04-13-2003).]

Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Phil86SE

1476 posts
Member since Mar 2003
here is another pic of the same car

absolutely great...!

-Phil

------------------
If I've been of help...rate me!

Pontiac Firefly 87 1.0L
Pontiac Fiero 86 SE 2.8L
Buick Skyhawk 76 3.8L
GMC Jimmy 85 305

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's Kurt's car and I can't remember his name on the forum "wildcustom86" or something like that..

Originally posted by Phil86SE:

I have always been a huge fan of this fast back
im not sure whos it is
but i found it on the site www.modifiedcars.com a long time ago

this car is one of the ones that got me hooked on fieros

kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monza76,
I am working on a different hood that moves the vent area back to the rear. Once I did the front fascia I decided the hood vents where they were wasn't working. The engine is a Camaro 3.4L with a custom intake made by Ryan Falconer back in 1988 along with Chevrolet Performance. I have changed the fuel rails from what was originally on the intake. It is similar to a Hilborne intake with one throttle plate per cylinder. I am still getting it tuned in. Just got a Haltech computer to operate it last month.
Kris
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock