Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Who has the best looking fastback? (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Who has the best looking fastback? by BlueGT
Started on: 04-07-2003 12:37 AM
Replies: 869 (91754 views)
Last post by: Dccarguy05 on 12-19-2022 08:44 PM
fiero86_gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero86_gtSend a Private Message to fiero86_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl's GT and the great blue chop top are my favorites!
IP: Logged
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

As for the word, “Bling”…some of the dudes on the Lambo-Power forum are at odds with using it. Why? They will talk “bad” about your Lamborghini if it isn’t sporting anything that’s high-end material. Actually, Troy's car is being talked about on the Corvette Forum. The Corvette dudes thought it was a proto-type Corvette since Troy's car was sporting the C6 13" rotors on all corners. Somebody either was playing a joke on them or just didn't know what type of car it was. A guy spoke-up and told him that it's a Fiero. In this case, I think Troy's car is leaning towards a...American muscle rather than Euro-like.

I would love to read that thread! haha

With the whole "bling" thing... The rims push it into bling catagory for me. Sure they are HRE's and cost over a grand per rim BUT they are way too big IMO. The same rims on a vette, viper, or porshe still would be considered "bling" to me. Correct me if I am wrong, but do they do anything for performance? They seem really, really heavy. Sure they have wider tires, but 17" rims can have pretty wide tires also.
I like 17" rims MAX on Fiero's.
Troyboy, I cannot wait to see your Fiero painted. It is going to look badass.

Cory

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

With the whole "bling" thing... The rims push it into bling catagory for me. Sure they are HRE's and cost over a grand per rim BUT they are way too big IMO. The same rims on a vette, viper, or porshe still would be considered "bling" to me. Correct me if I am wrong, but do they do anything for performance? They seem really, really heavy. Sure they have wider tires, but 17" rims can have pretty wide tires also.
Troyboy, I cannot wait to see your Fiero painted. It is going to look badass.

Cory

You might think so,... but unless you see this car in person, you cannot appreciate the size of the rims and how well they work with the car.

I think you would be really surprised at how good they look with the chop.

Pictures can't compare.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2007 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sure they have wider tires, but 17" rims can have pretty wide tires also. I like 17" rims MAX on Fiero's.

Cory

The only difference between others with IRM wide-body kits are 15, 17, and 20's. Most sport the same width rear tires....345.

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to add some pics to the list...

Sorry This pic is in good res size. I wanted to show the full look.
This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

&

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 05-14-2007).]

KeithGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeithGTSend a Private Message to KeithGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

I'd like to add some pics to the list...

Sorry This pic is in good res size. I wanted to show the full look.
This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

&

That car is sexy. Im digging those rims!!
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks...

It's about time I finish the mods. Seems like the cars been on blocks forever. The stance is made possible by Held Motosports suspension. Brakes are Wilwood. and the rims are Forgeline.
Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car looks great, the rims just set it off.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THE BEFORE PIC

HERE'S A LINK FOR THE BUILD IF YOU'RE INTERESTED
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7692566@N04/
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THE BEFORE PIC

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sick.

PFF
System Bot
CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yellowstone, I doubt ill ever see a Fiero I prefer more than yours. A+

------------------

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THANKS MAN... GLAD I COULD GIVE YOU EYE CANDY
Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Sick.

FTW!!
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FTW ?? What do you mean? I've never heard that term before.

Could it be, "FOR THE WIN?"

ALRIGHT!!!!

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 05-15-2007).]

Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You got it.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where's the 'vette forum thread at? that might be worth going back there to see.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks...

It's about time I finish the mods. Seems like the cars been on blocks forever. The stance is made possible by Held Motosports suspension. Brakes are Wilwood. and the rims are Forgeline.

Eek, $4k for rims. You have specs on size and vendor?

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 05-15-2007).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not quite 4k.at least 3k. I got them at wholesale when my friend was in business for himself. It helps a lot to know the right people.

Wheel specs are - Front.. 18 x 7.5 @ 40mm offset with a 1 1/2" lip
Rear... 18 x 8 @ 32mm offset with a 2" lip
color is anodized in a dull gold with chrome lip

Tires are, Front: 215/40/18, rear: 225/45/18 Falkens 452's

They were purchased through scott at Forgeline. I still have the original stage two scoops from the australia dude but purchased with Timo. My new project is creating a fiberglass cold air box that works in-line with the side scoops. I'm also debating on the front closed mouth chin spoiler through The Fiero Wherehouse but the car sits low. Where did the other chin spoiler come from that I'v been seeing? I think it's on Skitime's fiero (red) and some others.

I'd like to dedicate this post to all of the following. My style is a combined taste from all of you.
Especially SLAMMED 87 GT AND THE KAMEO KID (BLACK). Slammed 87GT was my first inspiration. I think I saw it in a picture several years back in front of a national forest sign on the driveway part.

1. KAMEO KID
2. SLAMMED 87GT
3. SKITIME.. CHIN SPOILER AND THE PLEXI ENGINE WINDOW
4. FORMULA 88
5. 88GT NEVER FINISHED - SWEET STANCE
6. YELLOWSTONE - CLEAN
7. DILLUSIONS - COW HOOD
8. EXOTICSE - CLEAN FIERO AND I LIKE THE CHIN
9. MADCURL - EXOTIC and SWEET even though I'm not a fan of chop tops.
10. DAVIKAN - STOCK 88 GT SPOTLESS
11. THE ORANGE ONE WITH THE CUSTOM WIDE BODY AND THE DUAL SIDE AIR INTAKES.
12. DIETMAR'S NOSE ONE THE RED FIERO. NOT SURE IF IT IS HIS
13. FIE RO'S GTR.... JUST CUSTOM SWEETNESS. GREY WITH INTEGRA REAR LIGHTS (I THINK)
14. RACER_JT 4.9 YELLOW

Not to be conceited but we "all" are at the top of the list. Great style people!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I like um,...but I'm biased, hehe. It's all good when it comes to raising the "bar." Nice set-up and brakes.

Question(s): Curb rash. Can you have Forgeline repair them? Did they cut-out additional areas in the back near the mounting sufface?
xsrage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xsrageSend a Private Message to xsrageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have to say that car wins the pure fiero style comp. Just enough mods that everyone knows it is badazz and knows it is a fiero.
PFF
System Bot
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl

The rim is a three piece and actually when I recieved them the first time they offsetted the center star mounting area with the same size lip for all four. I sent two back (the rears) and they put the 2" lip on for me. I don't see any notches... as far as I know they are forged aluminum, cnc'd then polished and anodized instead of powdercoat.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With the whole "bling" thing... The rims push it into bling catagory for me. Sure they are HRE's and cost over a grand per rim BUT they are way too big IMO. The same rims on a vette, viper, or porshe still would be considered "bling" to me. Cory

TroyBoy's car has to be seen to be appreciated...it is a work of art.

But Bling is relative. When 20's were considered outrageous, some had to go to 22s. Now Escalades come from the factory with 22s, so is that still Bling or a factory option?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cory

Exhibit A: Same rim company but different style of rim. Notice the comments regarding the rim. Exotic yes,.... not bling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Exhibit B: Different rim company but still.....exotic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

By these two examples you'll notice that both cars are high-end vehicals. The dealership or owners doesn't want to associate his car or rims using the word, "Bling."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-16-2007).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl......I know what you can get me for christmas... That Lambo!

I feel the same way about the bling. It's performance and looks that mean business is what we are after. I was hoping the gold on mine was suttle enough so it wouldn't associate itself with bling.

The originals were gold---- I wanted to keep the same color theme.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THE BEFORE PIC

AWSOME

------------------
Fiero Thomas
86 Fiero GT 85 Fiero GT
88 Formula T-Top
NIFE Member
Fiero News dot net

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks... Here's a link to the latest pics

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's my vote...

When I grow up, I want one of these! Archie's a true artiste!!
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2007 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is nice... A lot of work went into that.

We all have our own wants.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In regards to those forgelines, are you still running a 5x100 bolt pattern?
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes on the bolt pattern 5/100. Actually the rims offsets and dia. sizes are very close to the original specs. The widths vary but have good clearance in the backside wheel well area. the fronts are running 7.5" wide where the original was 6" and the rears are running 8" wide instead of the stock 7", so I compensated on the offset.

I even went as far as drawing the top side original rim and overlaying the new drawing of the offsets just to make sure I had the clearance.

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 05-29-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok not top 10 but...........

ProjectGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ProjectGTSend a Private Message to ProjectGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finally back from a nine month deployment and driving my little friend again... which shortly thereafter the cluch master went out... i still love my car though! had norm's headlights done while i was gone he did a swell job
good rear quarter pic
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ProjectGT, The pics aren't showing up.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2. SLAMMED 87GT

Not to be conceited but we "all" are at the top of the list. Great style people!

Wow thanks for the vote. I did put a lot of work into that car when I owned it so it's nice to know people enjoy it! I can just imagine what I would do a fastback now with my current taste in styling. I thought about it, but not really wanting to get back into the game at this time. :P

------------------
Drive fast...get rock chips...I have them.

'87 GT *Show winning* sold
'96 BMW M3 Cosmos, Lux Package, Dinan Software, UUC TSE, UUC SSK, Eibach Pro/Bilstiens, K&N, Milli Miglia MMII 18x8/9", Rieger Lip, Clears, Kenwood ICE
'89 BMW 325I Zinnoberrot, 5-spd Stock

ProjectGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ProjectGTSend a Private Message to ProjectGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh sorry bout that, they worked for a little while. Don't know what's up with that. Here's a few recent ones a friend and I took down in Point Loma, CA. He's got a Coug on airbags with lambo doors. Nice spot for a shot...

not the best time of day for pics though. i they still came out ok. enjoy!

[This message has been edited by ProjectGT (edited 08-15-2007).]

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like this car. simple, refined, tight, and not over done.

Originally posted by kooljess:

UPDATE.........this is how I'm rolling now.

James Bondo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James BondoSend a Private Message to James BondoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another vote here for Kooljess' car.
multmigs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What sidescoop/rocker panel is this red car using?
This should have been the factory design....
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by multmigs:
What sidescoop/rocker panel is this red car using?

search for "ausfiero", he made them.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock