Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official 30th Fiero Anniversary Event - June 27-30 2013 by carbon
Started on: 02-25-2012 03:43 PM
Replies: 810 (40148 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 12-04-2013 07:27 PM
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

I believe that there was talk of heading south through Iowa and coming across from the Quad Cities on I-74... as lovely as all you folk in IL are, it seems like it's always rush hour and tolls when we get to Chicago.

I'll be heading through the Quad Cities on Wed. taking 74 down. If anyone wants to meet up.

Dan

IP: Logged
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Is Hulki expected at the 30th???

Remains to be seen... The invitation has been extended and consideration given.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering...not sure how I could do it but his white 88 GT is sitting at my house in Flroida. If Hulki is coming maybe we could get a member coming from that area to grab the car and bring it along with the paraphanalia from back in "the day" that has his name all over it.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have just received an update that we have got the track day at IMS!!! Details to come!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-10-2013).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have just received an update that we have got the track day at IMS!!! Details to come!

Great News. Good work, 30th Fiero Anniversary Committee !!!!!

fierochic1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochic1Click Here to visit fierochic1's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierochic1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We (and hopefully a few others from Mid America Fieros) should be heading through Louisville, KY leaving from Western KY on the afternoon of the 27th or early morning of the 28th, and meeting up with folks from Southern Indiana Fieros before heading to Indianapolis. We're not sure about our stays, but I've messaged the appropriate person and waiting for a response.

I look forward to seeing those of you I haven't seen in several years and meeting some new folks as well. Now if I can get my fuel pump in and make sure everything is back to reliable I'll be in good shape.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierochic1:

I look forward to seeing those of you I haven't seen in several years and meeting some new folks as well.

It will be good to see you too Jen!... please leave that ogre Ron Blackwell back in KY tho...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOOT!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is great news. Do we have to drive around the tractors?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011

kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

No it should be just like in the movie Cars , You just blow your horn and they tip over backwards.
( tractor tipping )

PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am planning to do the autocross; I have not done one before so it will be my first time.

Also if you have not checked out the caravan thread please do and let us know where you are driving from and we can try an meet for the drive.
Caravan thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090960.html
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, each car registered for the show receives a registration "package". This includes a badge plaque, keychain, security card, ect.

Carbon, thanks for posting that clarification.
And a huge round of applause to Fred for sticking out the battle to attain the IMS day!
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wanted to verify dates and realized it isn't posted on the calendar at top of page.
Checked mileage to Indy. Almost the same distance as driving to El Paso. 12 hour drive. Wonder if I have a Fiero that will make it.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 05-17-2013).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTMN:

And a huge round of applause to Fred for sticking out the battle to attain the IMS day!

I agree!
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTMN:

Carbon, thanks for posting that clarification.

No problem, but it's been correct on the first page the whole time... I need to learn how to read my own writing.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Wanted to verify dates and realized it isn't posted on the calendar at top of page.

But it is on the first post of this thread...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-21-2013).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
June 27th through June 30th 2013

Pre-registration deadline is May 27, 2013
Please go to www.fiero30th.com to register!

Wyndham Indianapolis West
2544 Executive Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46241
Group Hotel Reservations Online

For more information, go to page number 1 (one, the first page, the very beginning)
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to go to search and put in 30th. Figured it would be easy to find. Just found it strange it wasn't on event calendar.
BTW-EXCELLENT work!
"Plannin' out a route, gunna take reeel soon"

But it is on the first page of this thread...

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:
Had to go to search and put in 30th. Figured it would be easy to find. Just found it strange it wasn't on event calendar.
BTW-EXCELLENT work!
"Plannin' out a route, gunna take reeel soon"

Check out the caravan thread , there are a bunch of guys from Texas meeting us maybe you can join them.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090960.html
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the IMS day and the autocross going to be added to the website registration form so we can just pay for everything at once?

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Are the IMS day and the autocross going to be added to the website registration form so we can just pay for everything at once?

Yes... hopefully shortly.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the heads-up. If we end up going, I hope to make a vacation out of it. See Graceland, Memphis BBQ, Mammoth Cave and take my wife to Corvette museum. So it would be a different route with different timing.
Also noticed the "big" Corvette meet is same time as the Fiero but 2.5 hours away.
Hope to see you there!

Originally posted by Christine:

Check out the caravan thread , there are a bunch of guys from Texas meeting us maybe you can join them.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090960.html

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I'm registered for the event

I'm sure it's probably covered in the 14 page thread somewhere, but how do I reserve the hotel online for 4 nights instead of 8 (does it matter at this point etc?)

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check page one (1) just below the 30th logo:

Wyndham Indianapolis West
2544 Executive Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46241
Group Hotel Reservations Online <-------------active link on page one

I made my reservations over the telephone, directly with the hotel. The phone number and a contact name is also on the first page. It took almost 2 minutes and she sent me an e-mail confirmation. Quick and easy!

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 05-21-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Vernon!

Guys, the info for registration is all in the first post, I will continue to update that post as things develop...

Also someone asked about the time frame for the IMS track day... This will fill the day for Friday; IMS Lap, IMS Hall of Fame Museum, and the Dallara Indy Car Factory. Other than the specified time to make a lap on track, the day will be self guiding on times and duration of participation at each venue.

As soon as I have a time I will post it up!

Thanks for your support guys!
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I guess the answer is you must phone reserve as the active link populates staying 8 nights and I don't see a way of modifying it.
Other option might be to book the 8 days online with your credit card info (that isn't charged in advance) and call afterwards to confirm they read the special request section mentioning the 4 nights I would like to stay.
I'm not worried about my reservation, just thinking of those who still haven't registered...

Hoping someone who successfully booked the hotel ONLINE can chime in here with detailed info.

Here is what the link populates when you select the 1 bed standard room:
Reserve Room
Room Information

1 King Bed Non Smoking A Standard No smoking
Deluxe Room with King Size Bed. Free WiFi as well as 32 inch Flat Panel TV. The room includes a Work Zone with a Herman Miller Ergonomic Chair.
Stay:
1 Room, 8 Nights
Occupancy:
1 Adult, 0 Child
Check In:
Monday, 06/24/2013 After 3:00 PM
Check Out:
Tuesday, 07/02/2013
Before 12:00 PM Midwest Fiero Club:

Cancellation Policy: CANCEL BY 6PM 24-JUN-13

Deposit Required: A deposit is not required for guarantee of your reservation.

Taxes and Fees:

Marketing Information: Wyndham Hotels and Resorts - Your Wyndham is Waiting

Commision Policy: NON COMMISSIONABLE
Selected Room # Rooms # Nights Midwest Fiero Club Tax Total for Stay*
1 King Bed Non Smoking A Standard 1 8 95.00 USD
129.20 USD View taxes & fees 889.20 USD

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll pass that issue on and ask what's up...
sargeants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a reservation online and was able to change the timeline from the 8 days to the only 4 needed. Been a while since I did that though, so don't recall if I followed the link or if I just typed in the discount code.

There is no charge to the CC when you make the reservation. only when you check-in/out I guess.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woot! Stuck to the top!
PFF
System Bot
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is with a heavy heart that I report that I wont be able to attend this event now...

I have been slowly getting my car ready and was registered with hotel booked...but my Wife will be 7 and a half months pregnant by then and with the issues shes been having with this pregnancy, it would be stupid for me to go so far away.
Gotta get the house ready and build a baby room all while working 60+ hours a week.

I missed the 25th now i'll miss the 30th...maybe i'll meet everyone at the 35th.

I'm sure I'll be missing a great time.

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dougie Murder:

It is with a heavy heart that I report that I wont be able to attend this event now...

I have been slowly getting my car ready and was registered with hotel booked...but my Wife will be 7 and a half months pregnant by then and with the issues shes been having with this pregnancy, it would be stupid for me to go so far away.
Gotta get the house ready and build a baby room all while working 60+ hours a week.

I missed the 25th now i'll miss the 30th...maybe i'll meet everyone at the 35th.

I'm sure I'll be missing a great time.

There are some things in life you just can't miss; sounds like you need to be home for your family. We will see you, your wife, and your five-year-old at the 35th!

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Custom Corvette / MR2 electro-hydraulic power steering
17" rims covering up 11.25" rotors with Cadillac Calipers & drop spindles

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bummed to add our names to the list of "no go." We bought an old historic home last year that doesn't have a garage...unfortunately the garage and vacation don't fit together in the budget and we need to get a roof over the heads of our toys. I was hoping to head out with my parents but my mom had a major surgery 2 weeks ago and won't be ready to travel yet at that point. Definitely a bummer.

I'm still hoping something changes but if it doesn't, I'll be living vicariously through all of you!!

~ Jen
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sargeants:

I did a reservation online and was able to change the timeline from the 8 days to the only 4 needed. Been a while since I did that though, so don't recall if I followed the link or if I just typed in the discount code.

There is no charge to the CC when you make the reservation. only when you check-in/out I guess.

Solution found(updated original post as well...) :

Group Hotel Reservations online
Step 1: Click booking link above.
Step 2: Go to the BOTTOM of this Midwest Fiero Club/Wyndham Indianapolis West landing page and click the ORANGE RESERVE button.
Step 3: Go to the TOP LEFT of this page and click the GRAY RESERVATION button and select dates for your reservation utilizing the populated calendar. (on this page DO NOT select the ORANGE RESERVE button on the right unless you wish to make a reservation for 8 nights arriving 6/24/13 and departing 7/2/13)
Step 4: Fill out the fields by typing your name, billing address, email address, credit card number, etc.
Step 5: Complete your reservation by clicking the BLUE SUBMIT RESERVATION button.

Deadline for group hotel reservation is May 26th! Do it now!!!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-23-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004
Here are the final designs for the front fascia badge plaques that are included with your registration!

Show participation:

And now addtionally, if you happen to take an award at this event, you will also receive this:
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Solution found(updated original post as well...) :

Group Hotel Reservations online
Step 1: Click booking link above.
Step 2: Go to the BOTTOM of this Midwest Fiero Club/Wyndham Indianapolis West landing page and click the ORANGE RESERVE button.
Step 3: Go to the TOP LEFT of this page and click the GRAY RESERVATION button and select dates for your reservation utilizing the populated calendar. (on this page DO NOT select the ORANGE RESERVE button on the right unless you wish to make a reservation for 8 nights arriving 6/24/13 and departing 7/2/13)
Step 4: Fill out the fields by typing your name, billing address, email address, credit card number, etc.
Step 5: Complete your reservation by clicking the BLUE SUBMIT RESERVATION button.

Deadline for group hotel reservation is May 26th! Do it now!!!

Ah yes the all important grey button prior to the orange one - knew it would be user error.
Thanks Carbon, I'm reserved now.

Fiero2m8

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m8

1928 posts
Member since Feb 2006

Originally posted by Danyel:

Huummm this is what the canadian caravan might be planning
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Danyel, not sure if you are still quarterbacking the Canadian Caravan, but we'd be leaving Niagara Thursday morning or afternoon joining HWY 401 near London, Ontario

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Ah yes the all important grey button prior to the orange one - knew it would be user error.
Thanks Carbon, I'm reserved now.

Fiero2m8

User error on a not entirely intuitive process... I couldn't do it either.
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been planning on this , getting my wife ready for the idea for a year now.
And now that we are comming down to the wire it does not look good. I hope to have some money
this weekend to register, just in case. However it does not look good , after no work now for two years ,
far to many medical bills, and being behind on the rest of the bills I will probably not have the money to
go. To top it off I knew the car would need new tires and the alignment cost more than expected,
the car had a tire blow out . Now I have to come up with money for tires just to make it to Indy so close
yet so far. I plan to keep at it to get the money even if it is only for one day and home, no matter what
I have to sell. Just in case someone post lots of pics for me and all have a good time
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock