Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? by Archie
Started on: 02-16-2007 01:24 PM
Replies: 982 (123938 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 11-16-2015 02:58 PM
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have looked at this so many times !! i love the look but right now need to finish my 3800 then maybe Archie will see my car for some wide body work !

Originally posted by whodeanie:

is anyone close to finished on the widebody kits that have been sold and not done by Archie yet?
here is the stage I am in...... test fit, tweek, and test fit more etc. but it is getting there.
I have way more than just the wide body going on so it is taking some time.

for more pic's see my build in the tech section!

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2010 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a bump so you don't have to search thru the thread for pricing.

The complete kit with mounting hardware as needed & instructions is $1950.00 (plus shipping).

Individual parts are......
Rocker Panels = $750.00/pair
Rear Bumper = $550.00
Door Caps = $300.00/pair
Fender Caps = $550.00/pair
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2010 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

i have looked at this so many times !! i love the look but right now need to finish my 3800 then maybe Archie will see my car for some wide body work !

LOL! I need to finish that one some day soon
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for BabyVet
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can I have one.... PLEASE!!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know hindsite is 20/20 and it is easy to armchair QB, but i gotta think Archie wishes he had pulled a mold of this version of the rear bumper for the Mad-Arch widebody kit.

Dang,...that is just sex !

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I know hindsite is 20/20 and it is easy to armchair QB, but i gotta think Archie wishes he had pulled a mold of this version of the rear bumper for the Mad-Arch widebody kit.

Dang,...that is just sex !

We did pull a mold off of it. Then the 1st part out of the mold was put on the car then the scoops & reflector were added.

With the mass of filler & fiberglass it took to build the original bumper up, it was really built up heavy on the ends, there was no way we could have made those side scoops into it.

Check it out. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/064001-5.html

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh my bad Archie,..i thought you guys had modified the original widebody rear bumper, by lowering it a couple inches, and also adding the side vents ??

I guess my memory is getting worse as i get older.

So you guys have a mold for the this lower bumper ?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh my bad Archie,..i thought you guys had modified the original widebody rear bumper, by lowering it a couple inches, and also adding the side vents ??

I guess my memory is getting worse as i get older.

So you guys have a mold for the this lower bumper ?

When we pulled the molds off of Curley's car, this is what the rear bumper looked like. (these are fresh out of the molds)

After we had the mold off of it & installed the 1st bumper out of the mold on his car, that bumper was then a standard bumper that anyone could then buy from us. So he had to tweek it to be unique.

Now you know Curley well enough by now that you know that's it's all about tweeking........ if we had pulled a mld everytime he had tweeked it then we'd have 10 molds by now & his car would still be here getting another tweek.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah i see your point. Curly never stops thinking of ways to modify something.

I guess my point was just that i think you guys did an awesome job on tweeking it. The lowered bumper looks soooo much better with the big wheels in back as compared to just the plain stock widebody one.

But like you say each person can tweek it to their own likes and come out smelling unique.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a chance to get your MadArch WideBody kit for about 20% off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...e=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Here's a chance to get your MadArch WideBody kit for about 20% off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...e=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

Archie

I just noticed your Ebay Archie. Tony-are you hearing this?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just waiting on that tax return! Widebody here I come!
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Yep, guess I have seen it before. Wow! The red does it good! I haven't heard from LeRoy in a few years. Those aren't AZ plates on the red car. Did he move or sell it?

This is the picture that I used for inspiration for the logo. It is from the Coast Run three years ago I think.

Sorry for the off-topic post, and again if this was already covered, but what scoop is on the decklid ?
Edit: Man, wish I had $2k laying around... I tried sooo hard not to fall in love with Archie's widebody kit. "One often meets his destiny trying to avoid it."

[This message has been edited by Navras (edited 02-15-2011).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Navras:

Sorry for the off-topic post, and again if this was already covered, but what scoop is on the decklid ?
Edit: Man, wish I had $2k laying around... I tried sooo hard not to fall in love with Archie's widebody kit. "One often meets his destiny trying to avoid it."

It's a one off custom scoop made by Archie's crew.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any interest in the MadArch widebody kit? Yes. I wonder how many MadArch widebody kits does that make?

Outlaw customs working on not one, but two Mad Arch widebody choptops !

The one with the hatchback belongs to the shop's owner, the other to one of his employees. This is the same shop that just painted Jim88gt's choptop.

(Pics and comment from exoticse taken from the Choptop Chronicle thread).

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few more shots to snack on.

Go low and wide !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-13-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see he pulled in the C-pillars. I don't know why people opt out in doing it, especially when the car is being build.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like once the widebody is on all people can do is wonder how they ever got along without it !

That is Doug, the car's owner, looking on,..he is an employee also of the shop doing the work, outlaw customs.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-13-2011).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like once the widebody is on all people can do is wonder how they ever got along without it !

So true Tony,...... So how do you get along without it??? Now its your turn, get that order in!!!!. If you do it I'll drive #22 down to FL for a chop top cruise-in. I'm sure we could recruit Curly and others.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

So true Tony,...... So how do you get along without it??? Now its your turn, get that order in!!!!. If you do it I'll drive #22 down to FL for a chop top cruise-in. I'm sure we could recruit Curly and others.

Yep, and I'm sure Jim88GT and Jscott will too. Tony. Quit procrastinating. Get down and ride that wide pony!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-13-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Yep, and I'm sure Jim88GT and Jscott will too. Tony. Quit procrastinating. Get down and ride that wide pony!

ok
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just went through the entire 22 pages and am now convenced I need to start saving for the notch wide body kit......
I wanted 10" wide wheels on my Notch now, just couldn't fit em'. Where there's a will, there's a way.. :-)
Love it.

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, bought for electric conversion. Currently just fixing all the old stuff

RenegadeShadow

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-30-2011 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow

------------------

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Notchback kit IMO is nicer then the Fastback and doesn't require a choptop. e.g. MotorTV notchback is awesome.

EDIT:
May want to look at Rottin Whodeanie Project which has custom rear hip panels for the fastback at the moment. Looks great in person and much lower cost then going with a widebody kit (kit price, less expensive wheels, better quality, install time, etc). I'm sure something similar would come out of Whodeanie's Customs for the notchback.

OR

Just take a notchie, drop it, add bigger wheels, engine swap, lip spoiler, Mustang Fox Body wing and fresh paint. You just saved a bunch of money, headaches and have one hot looking car...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/085361.html

Originally posted by jwrape:

Just went through the entire 22 pages and am now convenced I need to start saving for the notch wide body kit......
I wanted 10" wide wheels on my Notch now, just couldn't fit em'. Where there's a will, there's a way.. :-)
Love it.

First time I see this.... Would have consider it but really I'm glad I didn't in the past for obvious reasons. Something for me to look into for the present.

Originally posted by madcurl:
Nice to see he pulled in the C-pillars. I don't know why people opt out in doing it, especially when the car is being build.

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-30-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The MadArch kits in full FX.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

An option for those looking to go wide and not wanting to drop $5 to 6 K on wheels.

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/index.html
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie do you know what offset would be best for a pre 88 fiero (1985), with coilovers, for the wheels to set flush with the Mad Arch kit ?

Wheels will be 20 x 11 (R) and 19 x 8.5 (f). The lip in the rear will be at least 4 ".

Heeeeelp !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if you have been considering this mod, this picture may push you over the top,...wow !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-24-2011).]

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

An option for those looking to go wide and not wanting to drop $5 to 6 K on wheels.

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/index.html

Their site states that widening to the outside face of the wheel can only be done on revese mounted wheels. I think that the majority of wheels out there are not revese mount. I have looked around to find a reverse mount wheel in a 5x100 pattern, no luck yet. The search for cheap wide wheels continues...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Their site states that widening to the outside face of the wheel can only be done on revese mounted wheels. I think that the majority of wheels out there are not revese mount. I have looked around to find a reverse mount wheel in a 5x100 pattern, no luck yet. The search for cheap wide wheels continues...

There's a set of Racing Hart wheels on Ebay using 5x100 for $1200 with tires. Rears are 10.5" I believe.
1986FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1986FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd really like to see more pictures of this car..

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock