Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? by Archie
Started on: 02-16-2007 01:24 PM
Replies: 982 (123941 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 11-16-2015 02:58 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me give you a little update on this WideBody Kit.

As we were putting these panels onto the GT a few days ago, we found a change we coul make to the Fender Cap molds to make the fender caps a lot easier to mount when people start putting these kits together. So we are in the process of modifying those 2 molds. We will have the 1st parts out of those modified molds later today. At that point we will continue with the installation of the panels onto the test car. The new panels will be much easier to align & bolt up to the tops of the Rocker Panels & to the tops of the bumper.

I've also taken lots of pictures to be used in the instructions for installing these panels. I'll be taking many more instruction pictures when we get back to putting the car together. I expect to be putting back to putting this car together late today or early tomorrow.

If you'll go back & read the 1st post on page 1 of this thread, you'll note that I point out that the rockers, rear bumper & the fender caps would have "returns" that go into the wheel wells. What those returns do is to make the panels easy to locate in the proper place, it makes them easy to securly mount the parts & it makes it so that you can complete the installation with a factory look by attaching the inner wheel wells in the stock manner.

These panels fit alot better & are easier to install correctly than I had originally thought they would. We are very happy with the results of the good planning & our mold making.

Now let's see if I can answer a few questions......

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie did you put a final price on the kit and the individual pieces ?

Yes I have.

The complete kit with mounting hardware as needed & instructions is $1950.00 (plus shipping).

Individual parts are......
Rocker Panels = $750.00/pair
Rear Bumper = $550.00
Door Caps = $300.00/pair
Fender Caps = $550.00/pair

We are taking orders for these panels right now with expected ship dates beginning late next week.

Originally posted by chrisgtp:

sweet.

If you get a chance with the fender could you take a pic of it by a notchback. i ant to see how the lines look. thanks

Because we have been making a change to the Fender Cap molds, I haven't really been able to take a few pictures of the notchback with the Fender Caps in position.

HOWEVER, ~~>NEWS FLASH<~~ After seeing how nice these parts look on the GT body style we did take a quick look at how the Fender Caps look on the n-back. The GT Fender Caps go too high up on the fender to be an easy installation onto the n-back BUT they do look good. So I've already made the decission that as soon as we can get back to installing the panels on the GT, we plan to roll in one of the notchbacks that I have in my "Field of Dreams" & we're going to install a set of these same panels on it. AS we are doing that we'll develop a new Fender Cap that will install as easily on the notchie as these current fender caps fit on the GT style car.

Right now we don't have any customer V-8 swaps in the shop, so we have plenty of time to be working on a lot of the development projects that have been waiting for us to have time. We may even have time to work on my own chop top.

Pictures of the notchie widebody project will be coming soon.

Any more questions?

Archie
IP: Logged
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I really wish the rear fender caps looked like this.
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl what did the rims cost for your ride. also do you have a link

http://www.hrewheels.com/

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The complete kit with mounting hardware as needed & instructions is $1950.00 (plus shipping).

Individual parts are......
Rocker Panels = $750.00/pair
Rear Bumper = $550.00
Door Caps = $300.00/pair

Now that is very reasonable !

Congratulations Archie on putting together a great kit that many people can actually afford.
BTW that is not a swipe at anyone, just appreciation for a job well done.

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

I really wish the rear fender caps looked like this.

Who owns this car??

Thanks,
JG
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

Who owns this car??

Thanks,
JG

Look here: http://westcoastfieros.com/...sts.asp?TID=133&PN=1

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW thanks madcurl,
That is one sweet looking car!

JG
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Any more questions?
Archie

Will it work with Suicide doors?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, what your guess on the s/h to CA?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-12-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Will it work with Suicide doors?

I'm working on an answer for that.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Archie, what your guess on the s/h to CA?

I just worked that out this morning when I ordered boxes to pack them in.

All the parts will fit in 2 boxes. Both boxes are the Max oversize that UPS will allow.

Box #1 for the Rockers is 76x36x8
Box #2 will hold all the other parts & it's 71x20x20

To ship to your address in CA will run $220.00.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
chrisgtp

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.hrewheels.com/

wow those are some sweet rims but there out of the range i would spend on just rims 1500+ a wheel. In your surfing cyber space have you come across any rims that dont cost as much as the kit?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow those are some sweet rims but there out of the range i would spend on just rims 1500+ a wheel. In your surfing cyber space have you come across any rims that dont cost as much as the kit?

There are many rims to choose from ranging from $400 and up....pick your poison.

UNBOUNDNO guy got this type: A custom wheel made to your specs. One of the good things about a 3-piece rims is:

1. Damage. You can always have the rim repaired and is always in stock unlike your off the shelf wheels.

Check the rims thread for alternatives if your going widebody. The only thing I may add...Never use spacers. Get the correct rim the first time.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-12-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie.... I need a shipping quote to Orlando, FL (32801).

Thanks

Rear Bumper = $550.00
Door Caps = $300.00/pair

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 07-12-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Archie.... I need a shipping quote to Orlando, FL (32801).

Thanks

Rear Bumper = $550.00
Door Caps = $300.00/pair

$119.00

A
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1. Damage. You can always have the rim repaired and is always in stock unlike your off the shelf wheels.

Don't underestimate this one. You can spend $400 per wheel for off the shelf wheels, and if you damage one two years later, you have to throw the other three away because they are out of production.

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie. Love the widebody kit. How much for the kit? Looks nice. Good job. Please let me know the details. Thanks.
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

iluvsd619

1036 posts
Member since May 2005
Nevermind i see the price. Good price.
FieroTheCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTheCatSend a Private Message to FieroTheCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie, how about a shipping quote to 98226 please. I like it.

------------------
I'll be watching.

-felix

'88 T-Top 5spd
1102 of 1252

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$119.00
A

Thanks, I'll call you today to place the order. Now I'm just waiting on Doug from Fiero Warehouse for his Front End

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 07-13-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTheCat:

Archie, how about a shipping quote to 98226 please. I like it.

$219.00 total for both boxes.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
chrisgtp

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good 400 a wheel is lot more in my price range

cant wait to see whay this looks like on the n-back

[This message has been edited by chrisgtp (edited 07-13-2007).]

timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

Who owns this car??

Thanks,
JG

This car belongs to Jon Carlo user name Car-lo (sp) and he resides in B.C. canada i have done some electrical work on this car and looks every bit as good in person as it does in pics .

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Archie:
$119.00
A

Thanks, I'll call you today to place the order. Now I'm just waiting on Doug from Fiero Warehouse for his Front End

[/QUOTE]

You have a PM
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM back too you
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like there are going to be a new run of super sexy wide bodies on the show circuit next year
That is one beautiful piece of work Archie and gang. You should be proud!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We started fiberglassing the fender & door caps onto the car today.

Taking lots of pictures of the assembly process so we'll have good instructions to go with the body panels.

Does anyone want to see a little build up thread or have you all had enough?

Archie
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No...please continue. I'm saving my pennies for this body build. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Now, if I can just convince Fie-Ro to build a copy of his front nose piece I'd be tickled silly!!

Keep us informed as you go Archie...this wide body is absolutely fantastic! How difficult will it be to do the install myself? Do you also install the kit?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

It looks like there are going to be a new run of super sexy wide bodies on the show circuit next year

I would agree. Looks like Archie & the Crew are going to be very busy this winter making kits prior to the 25th.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:
Keep us informed as you go Archie...this wide body is absolutely fantastic! How difficult will it be to do the install myself? Do you also install the kit?

The home builder, many of which haven't done anything like this before, is the reason I'm doing detailed instructions for this install.

The rear bumper & the Rocker panels are just a bolt on. The Fender caps bolt onto both the rear bumper & to the rocker panels & are fiberglassed along the top.

The Door caps are glassed on.

I've done lots of buildup threads showing how we Fiberglass parts like these up. This thread will also show some of the fiberglassing.

I'd say anyone who's not afraid to get his hands dirty can install these panels.

We also can install any of the parts we make.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-17-2007).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe a rear bumper someday. maybe two. the cost is up there but i guess it's still competitive when i consider how much i paid for my pisa front bumper.

if you do the notchback try-on, could you take at least one pic of the car with just the bumper changed along the way to changing it all? i mean like if you're going to try it on a notch, change the bumper first and get a pic before you change the rest. i'm just wondering how it would look if the rest of the panels are stock or stock with regular rocker/scoops.
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do it do it do it do it do it do it!!
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2007 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, my Dad wants me to inquire about the cost... installed? (without paint)

(BTW - I like it too! looking forward to seeing the new car "finished" with the kit).

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I stated before, I'm shooting a bunch of pics of the install of these panels so that I can make them into detailed instructions for those that want to install these panels at home.

The following pictures & details are just some of those pictures.

Here is the Fiero GT where we just had the rear bumper fitted inrto place. It'll be using all the stock fasteners when it's installed..

The Fender caps fit over the fwd. end of the fender, so you'll want to trim the Fwd. edge of the rear fender off just a littel to make the door gap about 5/8".

After fitting the bumper & with the 1/4 panels & the original Fiero rockerpanels removed, you'll need to trim a spot off the front fender near the wheel well opining. The rocker panel front section wraps around into this slot to help locate the rocker .

The rocker panel attaches into place with a few self tapping screws.

See how the front end of the rocker fits in the slot & under the wheel well liner.

More tomorrow

Archie

DRWBRTq19

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRWBRTq19Send a Private Message to DRWBRTq19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, I thought you had mentioned a notchie wide body. Have you posted pics of such an animal?

Drew
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRWBRTq19:

Hey Archie, I thought you had mentioned a notchie wide body. Have you posted pics of such an animal?

Drew

That's coming up.

We decided to go ahead & finish mounting the panels up on this car & we'll have this one done by the end of this week.

Next week we'll be pulling the notchie in & start hanging panels.

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We decided to go ahead & finish mounting the panels up on this car & we'll have this one done by the end of this week.

Archie

This looks even better than I expected. Too bad this kit wasn't around when #14 was in your shop.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installing the Fender Cap.....

before........

after.......

The "Return" into the wheel well on the fender cap goes right in tight to the top of the original wheel well in the Fiero. As stated in my original post to this thread, that return locates the Fender Cap in the correct location both fore & aft & up & down.

Here the guys are putting in a self tapping screw once the Fender Cap has been located. Just exactly as it was planned.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-19-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

As I stated earlier, the Fender Cap will bolt directly to the Top of the 1/4 panel & to the top of the rear bumper. The holes needed to bolt to the rear bumper can be drilled on the car but the holes needed to bolt to the rocker panel have to be drilled off the car.

So once we have everything aligned where we want it we put alignment marks on the 2 panels.

Then we take the rockers & the FenderCap off of the car, align the marks & drill a pair of holes.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
BTW, here is a better view of that "return" flange on the Fender Cap that goes up inside the wheel well.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock