Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? (Page 25)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? by Archie
Started on: 02-16-2007 01:24 PM
Replies: 982 (123928 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 11-16-2015 02:58 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I like the MadArch kit but I'd like to see it with stock front fenders. I've requested a photoshop but 85SEnochie hasn't had time to do it yet. Of course that would require the rocker to be tapered in at the front to mate with the stock fenders. Other than that, I'd do it if I had the money. Hopefully, this will still be an option when my finances improve.

If you look at pages 8 & 9 of this thread, you'll see that the WideBody kit was originally designed using the stock Fiero front fenders.

The WideBody rockerpanel looks like this out of the molds & has to be modified a little if you are using the WideBody front fenders.

Archie
IP: Logged
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's the whole rearward facing vent in front of the door that I don't like. I would want the front fenders to appear stock all the way down to the point where they would meet with a stock rocker. I'm more of a smooth body person and the forward section of the rocker interrupts the flow. IMO

Jonathan
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

It's the whole rearward facing vent in front of the door that I don't like. I would want the front fenders to appear stock all the way down to the point where they would meet with a stock rocker. I'm more of a smooth body person and the forward section of the rocker interrupts the flow. IMO

Jonathan

Works for me.

A
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the photoshop I requested from 85SEnochie. It is an actual MadArch notchie that has been photoshopped to modify the front of the rocker to work with a stock front fender. It also has a reverse chop and some paint changes. Very nice work and a good looking car, before and after.

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 01-11-2013).]

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Curly, can you post this same pic at night with just the PONTIAC light on then another with the running lights on? I'd love to see how well you can see it.
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Curly, can you post this same pic at night with just the PONTIAC light on then another with the running lights on? I'd love to see how well you can see it.

I have a video of the lights at night and too my suprise the results look really good. I sent the videos to exoticse, but not on Youtube (nothing special to actually post). PM Tony and maybe he can send the same video to you. IMHO I think it won't fly with LEO, but I can alway opt out and go with a lighter tint. For legal reasons; I'm not endorsing this type of "tweak."
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

You might want to ask for the hub bore size to see if it's 57.1. Either way, a machine shop could easily fix or if too large use hub centric rings.

Additional options using 5x100 wheels. The Scion was featured in nearly every building at SEMA 2012. I didn't know at the time the car mention used 5x100.

I'm not 100% sure what the sizes are, but you might be able to get a 10" for the rears.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

18 x 8.5 +30mm 5x100, 57.1/18 x 10 +25mm 5x100, 57.1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-...em2ec5a65acc&vxp=mtr
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You too can have one of these,.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0e6TsT-yMA
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, I'm going to bump this one back up to the top.

But I'd also like to put together a Listing of all of the Wheel, Tire, Suspension parts that have been used on the Mad Arch WideBodies.

Sme people want the tire/wheel to come all the way out to the top of the wheel opening & others like to have them back in a little.

So on each of the combinations, I'd think a few pictures would be helpful too.

So, WideBody people are invited to submit info......

Rear Wheel Diameter, Width, Offset & Tire Size
Front Wheel Diameter, Width, Offset & Tire Size
Fiero Year 84 thru 87 or is it an '88?
Body Style you are using.
Rear suspension mods if any....... if coil-over include spring height. If big brake, tell us about them.
Front suspension mods if any.
Please include pictures.

If you have a rebody, or a Widebody other than the MadArch, that's ok..... we can compile your info too.....

You can supply the above information, PLUS you will need to supply an accurate measurement for the total width of your car Front & Rear. This measurement should be taken at the wheel openings directly above the Centerline of the center of the hub & MUST be accurate. Also, if posting info on another body style, I'd ask that you confirm that your body is symmetrical. By measuring from the wheel well lips to that face of the wheels that you have on the car, or measuring to the frame, we need to know if your body kit is symmetrical. I've seen cars in the past that have been off as much as 2" side to side.

CAUTION: For any of this information to be of any help to others, The information HAS to BE ACCURATE.

PLEASE don't post guesses or "about" information. If you don't have a bit of information, post what you do have & don't guess at the numbers you don't have.

Thanks Guys.

Archie

XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seriously considering doing this. I am all over the place with exterior mods but damn your widebody is sexy as hell and that hatch is mmmmh.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow !

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

wow !

Ok... is this a photoshop or did someone really get a pic of my car with the HRE wheels on it?
BTW... if you saw all the stone chips on the front of the rockers, you would not want to push the rocker any more in towards the fender...
Chuck
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MotorTV:

Ok... is this a photoshop or did someone really get a pic of my car with the HRE wheels on it?
BTW... if you saw all the stone chips on the front of the rockers, you would not want to push the rocker any more in towards the fender...
Chuck

lol since you don't know anything about it, i am guessing somebody did photoshop it ?

Did you ever take the notchie out with the HRE wheels on it ??
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

lol since you don't know anything about it, i am guessing somebody did photoshop it ?

Did you ever take the notchie out with the HRE wheels on it ??

For one day.... lol
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chuck how wide is the outer lip on the front set of your oz wheels ?
2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So last year on the way home from work someone decided to make my little car a little smaller by sandwiching me between her and the car in front of me. The insurance company took forever to settle on the car portion of the settlement. For a while I was contemplating what to do with the car, if to move on or to rebuild the car. It was a major undertaking I the frame under the plastic was toast. I bought a 1987 GT off Glenn Anderson and stripped everything off that car but the interior. The engine compartment was detailed already so it was a process of pulling the engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, blab la bla…. and bodywork from my car and reassembled on the new frame…. Enrique from EMS did the paint and repaired the rear bumper..I have yet to install the complete interior, I am fixing electrical gremlins..

Pictures form before the accident:

After Accident:

Now:

I decided to change a couple of things....lol, I guess I'll have to change my signature now....

Shaun
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2MidV8:

I decided to change a couple of things....lol, I guess I'll have to change my signature now....

Shaun

Looks great!!! Bring it to the Ruckus.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to believe that the MadArch WideBody kit has been out for more than 7 years now.

I have 2 of these kits in stock right now.

They are priced at the same introductory price of $2250.00 that I posted 7 years ago.

To allow for material & labor cost increases, after the first of the year the price on these kits will go up $450.

It will still be a good deal & a good value.

Thanks

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-13-2014).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2014 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks good in black
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this kit still available? I am very interested in this kit if its available. I'm a little far from the cosmetic part of my car and getting close to finishing my engine swap and all my other performance mods. But like I said I'm very interested in this kit for a gt.

[This message has been edited by FieroFastBackL67 (edited 11-16-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes contact v8 archie he still sells them. 👍
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Omg! This is great news. I saw the kit and I have fallen in love with it. This is a great price for such an amazing look. Thanks for the reply.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock