Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? by Archie
Started on: 02-16-2007 01:24 PM
Replies: 982 (123941 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 11-16-2015 02:58 PM
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new pics on the notchie setup? Looks beautiful, I might have to get it.
IP: Logged
The Fieromaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

^^Looks like 2 kids standing next to their Power Wheels car.^^

Archie... Damn u.. lol... you've just put ANOTHER thing to the list i have to buy from you!!! AARG!

Any chance youd offer a discount for a chop top AND wide body at the same time? My wife ok'd a choptop after i fulfill some conditions. How am i gonna get the WIDE BODY by her now?

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better" ~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
US Armored Cavalry - Fox 2/81 - Death By 120 - 1 Shot 1 Kill

3800 SuperCharged Series II Swap, Rare BTTK Intercooler, Thrasher MPS, Fastback Swap

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Fieromaster:

^^Looks like 2 kids standing next to their Power Wheels car.^^

Archie... Damn u.. lol... you've just put ANOTHER thing to the list i have to buy from you!!! AARG!

Any chance youd offer a discount for a chop top AND wide body at the same time? My wife ok'd a choptop after i fulfill some conditions. How am i gonna get the WIDE BODY by her now?

Yeah there's a bit of a savings by doing both at the same time because combined amount of labor would be less that the labor when the 2 are done seperately.

As far as getting the WideBody past her, just tell her "the Chop Top just makes it look wider".

Archie
advancedwiringsystem

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for advancedwiringsystemSend a Private Message to advancedwiringsystemEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey archie: how much to chop and fatten her up a bit? lol
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie... thanks... Ill be seeing you in a year or so for sure then. Will be a Christmas bonus WELL SPENT!

"I love me a SHORT FAT one!!!!" - LoL
advancedwiringsystem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for advancedwiringsystemSend a Private Message to advancedwiringsystemEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by advancedwiringsystem:

hey archie: how much to chop and fatten her up a bit? lol

The Chop Top without paint is $4495.00. The WideBody Kit is $1950.00 & installation without paint is $2200.00 making the total $8645.00.

If we do both projects at the same time we will save some labor costs. Those savings would bring the total cost down to about $8300.00.

Please note, We are currently working on optional WideBody front fenders. They will be available in about 2 weeks & will add a bit to the cost of the WideBody kit.

Please note to anyone following this thread: The WideBody kit requires that you install Remote Power Doorlocks on your car if you don't already have them. Also You will need to choose & install (or have us install) new sidemarker lights with the Widebody kits.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

Any new pics on the notchie setup? Looks beautiful, I might have to get it.

Well, I got good news & I got bad news.

You decide which is which.

It'll be a few days before I can post anymore pics of the Notchie version. We completed the job of glassing on the Door& Fender Caps & mounting up the Rocker Panels & the rear bumper earlier today.

Then a customer of mine stopped by & bought all the panels off of that donor car.

He's going to mount those panels to his Notchie & paint it in time to take it to My Open House & FieroRama the weekend of Sept. 8th & 9th.

I'll also be sending him a set of the new optional wide front fenders to put on his car.

The good news is that both the Notchie WideBody & the GT WideBody will make their 1st appearance on the FieroRama weekend.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little quicker than expected, the customer has the panels he picked up yeaterday mounted on his car already.

He sent me a few pics.

Archie
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, shouldn't you be in bed?
The car is looking pretty sharp!

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 08-16-2007).]

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now all that notchie needs is a chop!!!
Man that looks good!!!
I hope he/you keep us updated on the progress of that one Archie.....
PFF
System Bot
ly041181

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ly041181Send a Private Message to ly041181Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these kits availible now? how much uninstalled?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ly041181:

Are these kits availible now? how much uninstalled?

Yes, we've got them in stock right now & we're making more of them right now.

We have kits for Notchies & Fastbacks. They are $1950.00 for either one.

The kits include:

WideBody Rear Bumper
WideBody Rocker Panels
WideBody Door Caps
WideBody Fender Caps
Fasteners
Detailed instructions with lots of pictures.

Archie
advancedwiringsystem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for advancedwiringsystemSend a Private Message to advancedwiringsystemEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how much for you to chop and widen at it same time?
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by advancedwiringsystem:

how much for you to chop and widen at it same time?

Look up abuot 5 posts

[

Originally posted by Archie:

The Chop Top without paint is $4495.00. The WideBody Kit is $1950.00 & installation without paint is $2200.00 making the total $8645.00.

If we do both projects at the same time we will save some labor costs. Those savings would bring the total cost down to about $8300.00.

Please note, We are currently working on optional WideBody front fenders. They will be available in about 2 weeks & will add a bit to the cost of the WideBody kit.

Please note to anyone following this thread: The WideBody kit requires that you install Remote Power Doorlocks on your car if you don't already have them. Also You will need to choose & install (or have us install) new sidemarker lights with the Widebody kits.

Archie

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 08-16-2007).]

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the customer of this wide body notchie sporting a v-8 in this car?
Trying to guess who might be the proud owner of this kit.
Looks Good
Thanks
Gary
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Guess is that the owner knows how to Chuck things real well and he motors on tv to

------------------
Fiero Thomas
85 Fiero GT
86 Fiero GT
88 Formula T-Top C+C # 1239 of 1252, Build Digit 26,224 of 26,402
NIFE Member
Fiero News dot net

chrisgtp

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is he making it a one piece kit? or going back and cutting it back out?
The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great kits!!!!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrisgtp:

is he making it a one piece kit? or going back and cutting it back out?

I don't know what you mean with that question.

Archie
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[

Archie

Please explain the "install Remote Power Doorlocks" and are you going to make a plug for the tail wing/spoiler?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

[
Please explain the "install Remote Power Doorlocks" and are you going to make a plug for the tail wing/spoiler?

With the WideBody door caps you can still open the door with the original handle which is in it's original location just under the lip of the door cap. However the door cap covers up the original Fiero key lock. You can either relocate that door lock or you can install a remote door unlock system.

This EBay auction is for one system. there are cheaper ones on EBay, just search for "remote door locks"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...dZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Archie
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie, What about the second part to my question?

Originally posted by FierociousGT:
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little quicker than expected, the customer has the panels he picked up yeaterday mounted on his car already.

He sent me a few pics.

Archie

Is the person adding the bow-tie wing? If time permitted, those G35s would look pretty sweet right about now and blow away those fastbacks.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-18-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2007 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He sent me a few pics.
Archie

Any more pics from our friend?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Any more pics from our friend?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-21-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Painting in process.....

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Well our friend have enough time for the wide rims?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-21-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know of any make of wheels that isn't $1,700 per wheel like the HRE's that would still work in this application?
drumwzrd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2007 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go to www.billetspecialties.com

I am using them for my custom wheels for my IMSA. Depending on the size you want, they range from 15x7 to 15x15. They also make 17" wheels up to 11" wide as well as every other size. Prices for most custom wheels are $420-$475 per wheel.
PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to run 18" up front and 19" in the back none of those wheels are that big, plus they are more of the hot rod/street rod style. I was hope for something more euro style.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
What wheels are these? Tire and wheel specs for this car would be great aswell.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 08-22-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look here for the link to Axis Wheels...
http://www.centralfloridafi...dex.php?module=Links

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We're heading over to Tire Rack in South Bend early next week for a wheel fitting session trying to find some big 3 pc wheels with small price.

More painted pics.

Archie
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Wide body kit looks good and i think the price is just fine it will take me a bit to save the money but oh well keep up the good work
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found them. But they don't come in a 5x100 pattern? Are you running the 20x10.5s in the back, Car-Lo?

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 08-23-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We're heading over to Tire Rack in South Bend early next week for a wheel fitting session trying to find some big 3 pc wheels with small price.
Archie

Great! I look forward to spending a few hours viewing his car. As for the 3-piece rim with the small price and wide tires (I checked the site), just make sure he's sitting down on that one, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-23-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

The Wide body kit looks good and i think the price is just fine it will take me a bit to save the money but oh well keep up the good work

engine man you back in the game ?
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:
Found them. But they don't come in a 5x100 pattern? Are you running the 20x10.5s in the back, Car-Lo?

I did notice that too. You may want to call them...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock