Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? by Archie
Started on: 02-16-2007 01:24 PM
Replies: 982 (123914 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 11-16-2015 02:58 PM
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took a more in-depth look on the Axis site and it turns out that they offer the Matrix wheel and many other styles in any bolt spaceing you want. The 20x10.5's are $450. Pretty good considering you could buy 4 for the price of one HRE.
IP: Logged
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes exoticse i am back in I bought a 87 gt T top needs engine and some tlc i am looking at a N* at the junk yard $175 what a buy

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 08-23-2007).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:
I took a more in-depth look on the Axis site and it turns out that they offer the Matrix wheel and many other styles in any bolt spaceing you want. The 20x10.5's are $450. Pretty good considering you could buy 4 for the price of one HRE.

IMO HRE's are over priced. Any 3 piece wheel will cost you more money (but not as much as HRE). Those Axis are 2-piece wheels. I wish they had 19x11 or 20x11
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

I wish they had 19x11 or 20x11

Originally posted by Archie:

We're heading over to Tire Rack in South Bend early next week for a wheel fitting session trying to find some big 3 pc wheels with small price.

Archie

In a few more days, an alternative?

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish those 1-piece Axis Matrix would fit... Hopefully an alternative.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-28-2007).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They do. Axis will make them in 5x100 for you. It is on their site if you go to the weight chart for all their wheels it says the Matrix wheels can be made for any bolt pattern.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They do. Axis will make them in 5x100 for you. It is on their site if you go to the weight chart for all their wheels it says the Matrix wheels can be made for any bolt pattern.

Although it's 20x10.5, that seems to be a better route. How long to build, weight, lip? From the pic it appears to be a multi-bolt or universal application rim?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-24-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did read your previous post regarding the bolt pattern (5x100) is do able. My concern is the width of the widebody (I'm using the Fiero Warehouse IMSA FRONT END & Mad-Archie's REAR END widebodies)

Originally posted by madcurl:
Although it's 20x10.5, that seems to be a better route. How long to build, weight, lip? From the pic it appears to be a multi-bolt or universal application rim?

Curly what do you mean.. "Seems to be a better route"? Will that fit the width of the Mad-Archies REAR END? Acoording the to the widebody data the Archie provided my a few months ago..... Troy Boy's (Fiero Warehouse IMSA FRONT END) required 19x9 and Mad Curl's (REAR END) required 20x11

Archie what do you think?

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-24-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly what do you mean.. "Seems to be a better route"? Will that fit the width of the Mad-Archies REAR END? Acoording the to the widebody data the Archie provided my a few months ago..... Troy Boy's (Fiero Warehouse IMSA FRONT END) required 19x9 and Mad Curl's (REAR END) required 20x11

Archie what do you think?

Specifically I'm referring to the diameter being 20" and not 19" as is the case with you using the rims you wanted in the rear. The width isn't a rear big issue in this case unless you wanted a very phat lip like Troy's rear 5" lip. In any case, the 20" diameter will allow for less wheel/lip fender gap thus allowing you [not] to lower the car too extremely. The other benefits are cosmetically due the staggered visuals being 19/20 combos or as in the case with the Canadian Fiero 18/20.

As for the fronts, a 19x8.5 is darn near perfect using the IMSA kit (Troy's) up front. From my conversations with Troy, he believes a 9" may pose issues, but we don't truly know unless my fronts are mounted on his car. As for the modification Archie has performed on Leroy's (#013) is does clear, but with some modifications. No issues using 19x9 on Norm's front C6 flipper.

You’ll no doubt get a better feel for what I’m referring to once you arrive at Archie’s during the CTHC/2 event since you’ll have three types of off-sets to visualize.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Curly. My Car should arrive a few day prior to CTHC-2. I'll see you there...

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-27-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Curly. My Car should arrive a few day prior to CTHC-2. I'll see you there...

Excellent!
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just got an email from them stating they don't make 'em in 5x100 BP...

=============================================
Subject: RE: Axis Matrix
Date: Wed, Aug 29, 2007 1:02 pm
To: <info@######.com>

We offer a 19 x 8 and 19 x 9.5 only for the 5x100mm pattern.
The 20x10.5 is not available in 5x100.
=============================================

I called and spoke with Darren @ Axis. He mention that ANY column does NOT stand for the any bolt pattern (BP), it mean any BP the mfg makes for that wheels.. What was that?! Sounds like I was talking to Miss NC . He thinks that Canadian Fiero is using an adapter, which he does not recommend. So whats the deal "Car-2-Lo". Great no luck with these wheels .

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-29-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave i posted the question to Car-2-lo on his other forum.

Awaiting an answer.

http://www.westcoastfieros....p?TID=133&PN=1&TPN=3

This is his qoute from his build thread:

Wheels AXIS MATRIX... Staggered with huge 4-1/4" lip on rear
Front:18X8 Michelins PS2 245/35/18
Rear: 20x10.5 Michelins PS2 325/25/20

Doesn't mention the bolt pattern however.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-29-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony. I PMed Smurf. Hopefully get and answer since Car-2-Lo is too selfish to reply to prior post and PM with questions regarding the BP on those wheel.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-29-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some more pics of the Notchie going together.

These pics are actually 3 days old, I saw the car yesterday & it was quite a bit farther along.

I'd think he'd be pretty much done with the paint & have his new wheels mounted by the end of the weekend.

The 1st showing of the finished car will be at My Open House & the FieroRama, make wure you come to check it out.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-30-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!!
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DAMM THATS HOTT.

FInshed pics of that may end up with my order. I just have to sell the gtp now so i have an influx of cash.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More pics of the Red notchie will be up tonight.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Archie
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie do you have a side photo... This car is not chopped... right? Any specs on the wheel?

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-30-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie do you have a side photo... This car is not chopped... right? Any specs on the wheel?

Correct, this car is not chopped.

He's pretty busy trying to get the paint done so I would expect to see some side pics sometime this weekend.

The front wheels are 18x8 with a 22.2mm+ offset

The rear wheels are 19x11 with a 9.5mm+ offset

Rear tire size is 315-25ZR-19

I'm going to hold up on the front tire size because that is subject to fit.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW, I gotta say, these wheels look great.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW, I gotta say, these wheels look great.

Yes, very nice.... OZ Superleggera III Bright Sil w/Polished Lip.... Right?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, very nice.... OZ Superleggera III Bright Sil w/Polished Lip.... Right?

I believe so.

There is one thing I forgot to mention from our extended visit to Tire Rack. The wheels we ended up getting & the final tire size package for this car had to be built from the parts bin. In other words the correct inner & outer rings had to be selected out of inventory & as of now you can't order this combination online. The engineer we dealt with said that once the fitment has been proven out, they'll actually add another model to the "Fiero" online selection. You'll actually be able to order any OZ center section with the correct inner & outer plus tires just as if you're ordering for another model of the Fiero.

Very Cool.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rear rim; how deep are the lip?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The rear rim; how deep are the lip?

4"
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is becoming too painful to watch.... Widebody envy is getting out of control.
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i agree with you jscott...My list of things i NEED for my dream fiero seems to be getting longer by the day
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kaleb

240 posts
Member since Jan 2007

Archie

this is going to be one of the coolest notchies out there...definately my favorite and i cant even imagine what it would look like with a chop....anyone got some extra time to photochop???

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I have say that notchback look really good and not choptop.
Who thinks that Fastbacks look better chopped and Notchback look better non-chopped?

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 09-01-2007).]

s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have to agree until I see the difference on a notchback. Fastback is a more "flowing" to start. The notchback is more of an "angular" look I can't remember seeing any chopped notchies, has it been done?

edit: I have seen the picture below before.....I guess I did not really notice the car They look good but, seeing these, I think it is debatable if chopped is BETTER looking on a notchback. I do like GT's better chopped but, any free non-chopped ones would be accepted

[This message has been edited by s550w (edited 09-01-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by s550w:

I might have to agree until I see the difference on a notchback. Fastback is a more "flowing" to start. The notchback is more of an "angular" look I can't remember seeing any chopped notchies, has it been done?

yeah archies ls1 stinger, Rodney Booth's sidewinder, and exoticse's #4--which will soon be a gt but for now its a notchie--..those are all i know of

personally i think the chopped notchies look awesome to..if i had my way i'd have one of both

[This message has been edited by Kaleb (edited 09-01-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics coming soon.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that the sweetest Notchback on the planet! I see he changed out the fronts tires. Did he go with the 235/35/18 or 245/35/18? They look like 235s...that's what I have on #011 fronts.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-02-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More pics coming soon.

.....wow
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I gotta say something about this car & it's owner.

I think everyone knows by now that this is Chuck's car (PFF=MotorTV). Everyone's seen his red 383ci LT1 Turbo car.

I gotta say that Chuck is very likely the most versatile "Car Guy" that I've ever meet.

If you've been following this thread, you've noticed that he put the car together himself. This is the 2nd time he's painted this car. He does it at home in his garage without a paint booth one panel at a time. He built the entire wire harness he has on his 383 LT1 Turbo & has done all the programming with his laptop. He has many "tweeks" on his car that you overlook initially but once you see them you notice how well executed thay are.

He also has a lot more that a "Working Knowledge" of micro electronics, cameras & video. He operates a machine shop for a Firm in Chicago & does everything from machine setup to machine repair to operating the Tool Room.

Chuck's kinda shy but next time you see him at a show, check out his car & you'll be impressed.

Now, I'd be happy if he could just take some clear full size pics of the wheels & the car from several different angles.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-02-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I don't think chopping the car would make it look better. This widebody notchback & Fourpoint9 is are my favorites ones! Maybe the only thing I would add is a duck tail wing like the camero.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 09-02-2007).]

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks TOO good! You guys have done well with this kit. This is the best looking notchie in my book. (I used to not like notchies much, but whoa!)

Excellent job!
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is by far my favorite notchie out there...kinda makes me want a notchie..wish i could have both
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock