Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82592 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two feet (24") for front headlamps in CA (I think). The CHP usually pull over youngsteers for quick harassment checks at various car shows. The CHP or local police deptments drum up sums of money by going through a list, and one of them is headlamps. On the other hand, your fog lamps can be lower but, I don't know "how much lower" or just how many?
IP: Logged
Angel_Valentino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Angel_ValentinoSend a Private Message to Angel_ValentinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroking:

This is how mine look

Angle Eyes

Low Beams

High Beams

Joe Sokol

I am totally diggin' your headlights looks hot!!!
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting my Headlight setup. I have had them working for about 4 months now and still am amazed at how much light the put out compared to the originals. Also I really like not having the big wind flaps sticking up in my field of vison. Several poeple hhave commented that it looks like the lights are getting cutoff because they don't come up high enough. Belive me the cutoff is so close to the car that you can't even see it.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE 2.8 - beater coupe-
86 SE 3.4 -in progress 3800 II SC -
88 Formula GT 4.9 5 speed beast
Enough parts outside for another one
-And a 3.4 push rod for sale in the mall Go and look-

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Norm....is the way to go!

C6 Flipper.

Second Generation style (comparison)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-16-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

I think its got some serious potential,

FieroWanaBe...you got mail, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
an assignment for Fierowannbe. You have mail...check your pm, hehe.

says, there's not enough ideas floating around on Pennocks.?

says, there's not enough ideas floating around on Pennocks.?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Well,....it's a start, hehe. Can someone photo shop the entire flipper red, lower the hood vent, and remove the duel center vents.

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
I have a local fiero owner from the GTA Fiero Club, trying out some HID's for me in his car. He already has the H4 converssiom and I purchased a 8000K H4 HID kit with HID low beam and Xenon high beam. I should be getting them in Wed's or Thur's. he'll try them out and let me know how well they work.... this might be a different alternative in brighter lighting.

Joe

------------------
Race-Tech Automotive inc. & The Fiero Shop.

Specializing in Fiero performance
3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, Racing seats, used Fiero parts, Authorized MOMO dealer, Authorized SSBC dealer, Powerdyne dealer, KVR Performance brake dealer and many more.....

Race-Tech now offers custom exhaust systems for any car or truck up to 3". You bring it we will build it.....

www.thefieroshop.com www.racetechauto.com

E-Mail racetek@idirect.com ... new e-mail address racetech@bellnet.ca

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.
Toronto, Ontario, M9L 2S7

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked to Archie last week. He'll be adding the details to the C6 flipper.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Original quote needed some updating, hehe.

Originally posted by madcurl:

If you had a choice for headlights for your Fiero (s) which one would you pick? I'll start with some examples:

1. Stock or slightly modified?
2. NSX?----started
3. Celica, ----done
4. Sunfire?
5. Corvette 2005-----done
6. other(s) Pipe dreams?

Blah, blah, blah, I know I covered this subject before with the Celica headlamps, but thats old news now since we know it can be done. And thanks to all who helped photo-shop'd it and gave comments regarding it (positve or negitive).

Oh, oh.....it's too late, the madness has started.

Originally posted by Archie:

Curley & Troy..... Both of you guys are NUTS!!!!!! and Imean that in a good way.

Archie

A shot of the new goodies also to be installed (NXS headlamps) !

PFF
System Bot
cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much did those run you?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cire36:

How much did those run you?

PM Troyboy and he'll tell you-----I hope you're sitting down when he tells you.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie at work on the NSX lights.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troyboy, did you every find out what the triangular thingie was?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dreams do come true....

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THAT is AWESOME!
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks good. I like the hoop scoop!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. Somebody w/photoshop skills???

Can you photoshop extend the front window over the top hood area so that it resembles Orville's front window. I like the curviture of his vs. the original one. Make it so that the center area of the hood has a C-shape. Thanks.

Examples:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-17-2006).]

trots

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotsSend a Private Message to trotsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
those nsx lights look amazing. excellent choice... if i could have afforded those i would have gone that route instead.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay we have Celica lamps, Vette lamps, and NSX lamps,...who is going to be the next to come up with something new ?
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hint: I'm working on some contraption involving VW Golf V taillights...

Originally posted by exoticse:
Okay we have Celica lamps, Vette lamps, and NSX lamps,...who is going to be the next to come up with something new ?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Hint: I'm working on some contraption involving VW Golf V taillights...

Hehehe.....me too but a different car company.
trots

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotsSend a Private Message to trotsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thought i would post a couple finished picks of my build. its raining out but i snaped a few quick ones anyways. Im thinking about doing a build thread if i can track down all the photos i took as i went along.

and lit up..

enjoy! i certainly am.. i love em.
i just have to put in the other smaller projector beside the big one.

ps: they dont have to be from another car to be somethign new

------------------

[This message has been edited by trots (edited 09-17-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics of madcurl's choptop #20 with the C6's lit up.

Nice !
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trots:

thought i would post a couple finished picks of my build. its raining out but i snaped a few quick ones anyways. Im thinking about doing a build thread if i can track down all the photos i took as i went along.

and lit up..

Thumbs up here! Very nice job... hope to see a build thread soon!

Brett

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trots..... I love em! they look great!

I want them too
KeithGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeithGTSend a Private Message to KeithGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dreams do come true....

D-D-D-D-D-DAMN!!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry bout' that...bump. A "light" went off in my head while talking to Archie, hehe.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trots:

and lit up..

Did that thread ever happen Trots? I looked, but I couldn't find it. I love your lights and I'd love to see how you made them.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump 'n balls

boy this thread is old. Nearly two years and finally the Redux is ready to roll. A lot new idea since it conception, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-20-2007).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going to do something fancy with my car like low profile duals on each side, but after seeing how great the H4 xenons worked on another fiero, i went that route. Now if they had only sent me 2 good xfomers Id really be happy, have both high beams but only one low beam. Thats what i get for buying something new and not going the junk yard route.... hey wait a min... isent that backwards? They were from best4shop.com/HD Still trying to get a response from them.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Too lazy to go back and see if anyone posted this one yet, but i was walking to my car the other day and parked next to me was an Infinnity G35.

The headlamps looked really good and got me wondering, would they fit in a fiero ?? The slope is not as extreme as it appears in the picture which made me wonder if they might work.

They remind me somewhat of the celica lamps, but a bit different.

Thoughts ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They'd fit in the front of Orville's choptop. Fiero...hmm?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Night vison:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see this thread needs updating:

Celica headlamps.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-04-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
[Originally posted 6-30-2004]

If you had a choice for headlights for your Fiero (s) which one would you pick? I'll start with some examples:

1. Stock or slightly modified?
2. NSX?
3. Celica,
4. Sunfire?
5. Corvette 2005
6. other(s) Pipe dreams?

Blah, blah, blah, I know I covered this subject before with the Celica headlamps, but thats old news now since we know it can be done. And thanks to all who helped photo-shop'd it and gave comments regarding it (positve or negitive).

Since the last 3-years we've come a long way baby. Are they're anymore "Headlamp" ideas floating around out there?

Silver importish Fiero Fastack with Celica headlamps.....2003-4?
Redux.... 4/24/2004
#020 Corvette C6 headlamps...Jan 2006
Troyboy's NSX...8-04-2006
Bobby C's Notchback creation...2007?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-04-2007).]

DanOMite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanOMiteSend a Private Message to DanOMiteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info

Originally posted by larini74:

For DanOMite....the car was done by B&B Spyders in Clearwater, FL. the upper portion of the bumper has the grill and headlights from the early to mid '90s
Pontiac Grand Prix molded in.
http://www.b-bspyder.com/

Lee
http://www.fierocountry.us

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly can u give a pricebreakdown on the various headlights ?
(just hardware, not installation)

Vette
Celica
NSX

I think the celica's give you the best bang for your buck.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-06-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock