Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What headlights you would pick? (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What headlights you would pick? by madcurl
Started on: 06-30-2004 08:48 PM
Replies: 569 (82589 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-15-2015 07:16 AM
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

I always liked the old muscle cars where the headlights just appeared from the grill (can't think of the car it was on...). Anyway, that's my 2 cents...

Like these?

IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
camaro RS SS did it to.
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpin a good thread!

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump cause, "Good threads never die."
Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never actually seen an actual car with headlights like the Mach 5.

[This message has been edited by Rolling Thunder (edited 04-21-2009).]

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No good unless the girls came with them

Originally posted by exoticse:
These headlights are niccccccce !

They are from the K-1 Attack car.

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still looking for a pair of these lights, off a left hand drive version, in perfect shape. So far, nothing yet...

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:
I'm still looking for a pair of these lights, off a left hand drive version, in perfect shape. So far, nothing yet...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Coupé

I was looking into those a while back. Only found Right side driver ones (ebay UK). I was told that you need to remove/relocate a metal plate inside the headlight for left hand driver. Tried C5 headlight which didn't workout then used the after market NSX GT-One that worked out great.

More info and dimensions of the Fiat Coupé headlight here.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-21-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not exactly headlamps, but driving lamps like Troy's.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Not exactly headlamps, but driving lamps like Troy's.

Are those the Fairy lights?
Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear S8 Ep3 - Audi R8 review): …And those LED fairy lamps at the front, they make it look like a Council house at Christmas.

I like 'em! Was actually thinking about adding them to my headlamps since they come apart...

A la Audi R15 style.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MC widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link
AIM: FierociousGT

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-28-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Audi- yes, but different model and make. The ones your refferring to are located inside the headlamp, theses are a separate system.

PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if these LSL Mig-Lights headlight would work?

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Are those the Fairy lights?
Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear S8 Ep3 - Audi R8 review): …And those LED fairy lamps at the front, they make it look like a Council house at Christmas.

I like 'em! Was actually thinking about adding them to my headlamps since they come apart...

A la Audi R15 style.

Dave

You can really take them apart? I wonder if a mold can be taken off of them and have them mass produce.

Dave & Barb
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rolling Thunder:

I've never actually seen an actual car with headlights like the Mach 5.

I'm betting these would be illegal on the streets of most every state due to the fact that they are way to low to the ground.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:
Dave

You can really take them apart? I wonder if a mold can be taken off of them and have them mass produce.

Dave & Barb

Dave, I did pitch the idea to JimmyS (FieroFiberglass) several months ago but he didn't think there would be any interest in these headlight and that the hood would have to be modified. I explained that these are different then the OEM NSX headlights. As you can see in the pictures it has a flat area on the SIDE and REAR that is not being used can can be modified as direct replacement for the pop-ups.

Again don't know if there would be any interest. Just a shell with that modern sporty shape that would fit in the pop-up HL area and just add any JDM lamp or whatever.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant find a pic of them but i have always been a big fan of the speed 6 and speed 12 headlights. there a projecter unit recessed into the body of the car.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-04-2009).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dave, I did pitch the idea to JimmyS (FieroFiberglass) several months ago but he didn't think there would be any interest in these headlight and that the hood would have to be modified. I explained that these are different then the OEM NSX headlights. As you can see in the pictures it has a flat area on the SIDE and REAR that is not being used can can be modified as direct replacement for the pop-ups.

Again don't know if there would be any interest. Just a shell with that modern sporty shape that would fit in the pop-up HL area and just add any JDM lamp or whatever.

That is awesome how you can separate the headlight assembly. It would be nice to make copies of the whole assembly and sell it at an affordable price. I know if the price is right I would be in line for a set. It will give me an excuse to buy the fiberglass bumper.

Jimmy make me a set, please!

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 05-04-2009).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If someone made something like that to fit the stock opening I think it would sell like crazy. I know I would buy a pair.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Dave, that is incredible the way those fit so perfectly (with a little modification of course) into the stock light location.

Somebody definatly needs to jump on this ! Are you kidding me ?!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-04-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Wow Dave, that is incredible the way those fit so perfectly (with a little modification of course) into the stock light location.

Somebody definatly needs to jump on this ! Are you kidding me ?!

Aside from the real NSX OEM headlamps, IMO these are far better looking than the Camero style lamps. Like anything that's unique, you need to modify the hood and bumper.
Onefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OnefieroSend a Private Message to OnefieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I found this while browsing a site. I do not no whos fiero this is. This is very similar to what you showed.

PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Onefiero:

I found this while browsing a site. I do not no whos fiero this is. This is very similar to what you showed.

Its called the Gator or lizard, or crocodile or something like that, hood. They don't make them anymore.
Onefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OnefieroSend a Private Message to OnefieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So it was a whole one piece hood that a company sold? Must not have been very popular back then cause that is the first one that I have seen
CogFieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CogFieroGTSend a Private Message to CogFieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

custom sunfire headlights like the ones on my old cavalier
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only thing im not feeling is the carbonfiber. Other than that they look awsome. What kinda lights would be used in them hella?
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry, cause obviously a lot of work went into to it, but that is just plain ugly.
To each his own...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

The only thing im not feeling is the carbonfiber. Other than that they look awsome. What kinda lights would be used in them hella?

That's because it's a layer of cheap film over lay. Real carbon fiber would cost you a pretty penny.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's because it's a layer of cheap film over lay. Real carbon fiber would cost you a pretty penny.

Yea not to mention be pretty hard to fourm into that shape. I think its a great idea though. I went with a set of Kris munsons headlights cuz I like the look of the lights being recessed into the hood. next comes the HID's for them. I have no dought JimmyS could get these together if there was a demand for them. As i recall aside from the fiero whearhouse he is the only one semi mass producing quality aftermarket fiberglass upgrades. Archie has some beautifuly made products to but his wide bodys looke a little more involved.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-05-2009).]

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm concidering these for mine........This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

or these.........

but will definately be 350Z headlights!!

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Similar in no way... If you saw the OEM NSX HL you might think they are exactly the same.

OEM NSX

GT-One NSX

6000K Bi-Xenons (picked up on ebay).

That's right cause I mention it to you , but that will be coming off. It will be stain black or the color of the car (dark metalic gray).

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MC widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link
AIM: FierociousGT

PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FierociousGT

You have the best looking choptop Fiero to date. It's not over the top. I hope to see your car in person one day.

Dave
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with ya Daredevil........Dave has ONE HOT CHOPTOP WIDEBODY!!! Those headlights look killer, and not overkill.

I LOVE Curlys car also. The Corvette style headlights suit his hood perfectly! I just can't get past that hood scoop. (a little overdone IMHO) He should have left it when he had the original cowl hood scoop. Oh well.....Curly loves it and that's all that matters.

I'm hoping to order my 350Z headlights in the next few days.

------------------

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

I'm hoping to order my 350Z headlights in the next few days.

A new contender to the ranks. 350Z headlamps

Hurry up. Your falling behind. j/k
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I cant find a pic of them but i have always been a big fan of the speed 6 and speed 12 headlights. there a projecter unit recessed into the body of the car.

Do you mean a TVR?
Speed 6 http://www.in.gr/auto/dokim...uscan_Speed_6_04.jpg
Speed 12 http://www.ridelust.com/wp-...cerbera_speed_12.jpg
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Hurry up. Your falling behind. j/k "

Yeah Curly I know! hehe

I plan on doing mine a bit different. If you look at my concept rendering, I will be shortening my nose, so moving the headlights back quite a bit. I want that cab forward look. The headlights will come up over the wheel wells a bit......contender's are in front of the wheel wells. I'll be starting a build thread shortly.

What ever happened to contender anyways???

------------------

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

What ever happened to contender anyways???

I asked Tony that question several months ago (maybe a year ago) and he mentioned that he was busy at work and didn't have enough time to complete the build. Right now, maybe he's finished?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-13-2009).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone photoshop FierociousGT's headlights on a Fiero that doesn't have the widebody look in the same location as his car. Just to see how they would look on a stock Fiero.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NSX headlamps seems to be the show stopper at the Dells (5 trophies).

(Picks Courtesy of thefierofarm.com)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-31-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Summer breeze bump.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock