Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  FIFI's Progress (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
FIFI's Progress by 86FIFI
Started on: 08-31-2010 11:27 PM
Replies: 878
Last post by: 86FIFI on 02-27-2012 06:53 AM
86FIFI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post
Well i decided to start another thread just to show the progress of FIFI and post all the pics I have.

The day she arrived home.

Got the fuel tank off and determined the pump was bad, and a new one will be in thursday.

This is the new slave cylinder in comparison with the old one. It is about an inch shorter with a 3" rod or so which was definately not long enough,

This is what it looks like under the boot.

------------------
Matt

2002 5.4 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
1986 2.8 Pontiac Fiero 4-Speed

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post
and here is the Fuel Pump pieces

------------------
Matt

the300zxmaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the300zxmasterSend a Private Message to the300zxmasterDirect Link to This Post
We made decent progress today.

The fuel pump was toast. We tested it via the data port in the center console. When we got the pump out we attached leads directly to the pump to double check and sure enough its dead. Hopefully we will find time to have the pump back in by friday.

The rust underneath the car seems average and only in few spots seem to need major attention such as the motor mounts and tie rods.

As far as the clutch and slave cylinder are concerned i would like input on that. When we got the parts store slave cylinder it was around 2 or so inches shorter and the pushrod was about half the length of the one on the car and wouldnt even reach the clutch lever. We installed the new slave with the old pushrod and attempted to bleed the system but it is still very very soft and we only see about one inch of travel.

The brakes are going to need ALOT of TLC and i hope that the calipers are salvageable.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
If the brakes are too far gone, there's a few upgrade options that are out there that might be cheaper and more available than getting Fiero replacement ones. A few I have seen on here are from a Chrysler LeBaron or just a Pontiac Grand Am. I would think that these would be much easier to find than replacement Fiero ones, plus I think they perform better as well (from what I have heard), not sure on how to install or if anything needs to be changed. Use the search button in the top right to find out more! Keep us updated on the progress!
86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

If the brakes are too far gone, there's a few upgrade options that are out there that might be cheaper and more available than getting Fiero replacement ones. A few I have seen on here are from a Chrysler LeBaron or just a Pontiac Grand Am. I would think that these would be much easier to find than replacement Fiero ones, plus I think they perform better as well (from what I have heard), not sure on how to install or if anything needs to be changed. Use the search button in the top right to find out more! Keep us updated on the progress!

I'll keep that in mind, because if the caliper is salvageable, i will probably need new rotors at the least.
the300zxmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for the300zxmasterSend a Private Message to the300zxmasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

There are quite a few "u-pull" junk yards around here and im interested in seeing what other vehicles calipers would be compatible with very little or no modification.
86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post
I shall try and get the Fuel pump in by friday and see if she will start, if she does, then i have the clutch problem to worry about, and i shall see how the brakes work, and if the transmission is good. Only time will tell. Wish me luck!

------------------
Matt

86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post

86FIFI

749 posts
Member since Aug 2010

Originally posted by 86FIFI:

and here is the Fuel Pump pieces

The rubber piece that goes around the actual pump was so soggy it tore when pulling the pump away from the assembly. What is that piece called, and is there anything i can use to serve its same purpose?

------------------
Matt

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Stupid question here, who is doing the build....you or "the300zxmaster" or are you using 2 different screen names?
the300zxmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for the300zxmasterSend a Private Message to the300zxmasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Stupid question here, who is doing the build....you or "the300zxmaster" or are you using 2 different screen names?

The car is Matts ""86fifi"" and i am his friend Jarrod i am simply lending my mechanical knowledge and labor to build "fifi"

I have my own build, my 300zx
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by the300zxmaster:

The car is Matts ""86fifi"" and i am his friend Jarrod i am simply lending my mechanical knowledge and labor to build "fifi"

I have my own build, my 300zx

Ahh....there was no introduction from you, just a nosedive into the thread and you both are from the same town with the same registration date
PFF
System Bot
the300zxmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for the300zxmasterSend a Private Message to the300zxmasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Ahh....there was no introduction from you, just a nosedive into the thread and you both are from the same town with the same registration date

I see lol, I introduced myself in his previous thread under his introduction. I will be shortly making my own introducion with my car and telling about my helping hand in the progression of "fifi"
SKIDMARK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SKIDMARKSend a Private Message to SKIDMARKDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you use a good quality piece of hose to attach the pump to the fuel line (voice of experience).
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Is the piston diameter of the new slave bigger than the old one? If so they sold you the wrong slave cylinder. The Getrag 5 speed uses a shorter fatter slave. You WILL have problems with the Getrag slave on a 4 speed because with the fatter piston you get less travel. btw the Izusu 5 speed uses the same piston as the 4 speed.

Most on here say you need 1 1/8 inches of travel for the clutch to work properly. I happen to have only just a 1/16 under 1 inch and it DOES work good for me (85 2.8 was an auto but replaced the pedals and lines from a 86 4 speed and I have the Izusu 5 speed tranny), however many on here still have problems at 1"

Getrag slave
http://fierostore.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=54211

4 speed slave
http://fierostore.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=54209

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 09-01-2010).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Make SURE you don't run the pump with no gas in the tank. It is extremely hard on the pumps and the rate of failure after doing so is very high.

Also TEST the gas gauge sender now and FIX it. It is almost guarenteed to be broken. The windings on them get coated with stuff from the gas and then the gauge stops working.

Fixing the gas gauge sending unit.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?...dfNmRwa3drM2hr&hl=en

It's not my article however I would think the only position you are REALLY interested in being accurate is the empty position. Who cares if the gauge stays at full for a bit before it starts to move. What I care about is knowing exactly when I am going to run out of gas.

Even if your sender seems to give you a smooth resistance change to start I would clean the windings off with acetone. Last thing you want to do is pull the tank a second time for something not so big like the fuel gauge.

After you have the gauge giving you a nice smooth change in resistance all the way up and down then you can bend the float to get the gauge to sit exactly where you want it to for the real empty. I prefer the empty side of the empty mark.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 09-01-2010).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Don't break your brakes

"A lot of work"? Cause the rotors are rusted? All rotors will do that sitting. If the brakes seem to stop the car ok, don't take them apart right away till you test drive it first. The brakes will make some not so good sounding noises at first and then shortly all the rust will be gone. Take it easy with them and drive it and evaluate them. One problem you might have is a pulsing pedal. That comes from the fact that the rotors don't rust as fast where the brake pads were against them. If you have the pulsating pedal you will need to deal with the rotors. Front rotors that have that problem will make the steering wheel shimmy when you apply the brakes. Rear rotors won't/

Problems - When removing the calipers sometimes the caliper bolts have an internal TORX head in them and some replacements have an internal HEX head in them. You have to look first before you put the wrench to them. Put the torx bit into the hex bolt and you will round out the internal head and then your f-ed. If on the front wheels turn the wheels all the way to one side so you have the best angle to work on breaking free those bolts. Use an ice pick to clean out the internal head of either type before you try to wrench them off. Use a LARGE breaker bar with a reducer if you need to when you break the bolts the first time. The reason you want to do that is with a large breaker bar you can hold the wrench better, making sure the socket doesn't get cocked in the bolt head, makng sure the socket is FIRMLY pushed into the head when you break them free.

The caliper pin bolts ride in metal sleeves that rust nasty. IF you take the calipers off plan on replacing the sleeves. There are rubber seals in the bolt bore of the calipers. Plan on replacing them also. If you replace the calipers then the seals are replaced with them. When reassembling the calipers use antiseeze on the bolt pin sleeves where they touch the seals and where they touch the bolts.

The rear rotors just fall off once the calipers are off. The front rotors have the bearing hub built into them so you have to mess with the bearings if you end up replacing them.

Mamy of the "upgrades" to the rear calipers involve using front brake calipers. What that means is you loose your parking brake. Not much of a big deal for the women but those of us with a man pedal need a functioning parking brake. If your car needs to pass a state inspection that includes the parking brake you can't just eliminate it.

If you remove the calipers plan on replacing the bolts if they are at all rounded internally. Cheap insurance for next time you work on the car.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Make SURE you don't run the pump with no gas in the tank. It is extremely hard on the pumps and the rate of failure after doing so is very high.

Also TEST the gas gauge sender now and FIX it. It is almost guarenteed to be broken. The windings on them get coated with stuff from the gas and then the gauge stops working.

Fixing the gas gauge sending unit.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?...dfNmRwa3drM2hr&hl=en

It's not my article however I would think the only position you are REALLY interested in being accurate is the empty position. Who cares if the gauge stays at full for a bit before it starts to move. What I care about is knowing exactly when I am going to run out of gas.

Even if your sender seems to give you a smooth resistance change to start I would clean the windings off with acetone. Last thing you want to do is pull the tank a second time for something not so big like the fuel gauge.

After you have the gauge giving you a nice smooth change in resistance all the way up and down then you can bend the float to get the gauge to sit exactly where you want it to for the real empty. I prefer the empty side of the empty mark.

I am glad you mentioned that, because i dont think mine works. Something for me to do while im waiting on the fuel pump to come in.

------------------
Matt

86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post

86FIFI

749 posts
Member since Aug 2010

Is the piston diameter of the new slave bigger than the old one? If so they sold you the wrong slave cylinder. The Getrag 5 speed uses a shorter fatter slave. You WILL have problems with the Getrag slave on a 4 speed because with the fatter piston you get less travel. btw the Izusu 5 speed uses the same piston as the 4 speed.

Most on here say you need 1 1/8 inches of travel for the clutch to work properly. I happen to have only just a 1/16 under 1 inch and it DOES work good for me (85 2.8 was an auto but replaced the pedals and lines from a 86 4 speed and I have the Izusu 5 speed tranny), however many on here still have problems at 1"

Im pretty sure the new one is the same diameter, just shorter and the rod that came with it was half the length of the one that was with the old slave.

Getrag slave

4 speed slave

------------------
Matt

NullHead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NullHeadSend a Private Message to NullHeadDirect Link to This Post
By the looks of the knuckle, getting them struts out will be loads of fun. I suggest large amounts of PB Blaster.
the300zxmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the300zxmasterSend a Private Message to the300zxmasterDirect Link to This Post

Getrag slave

4 speed slave

The bore is the same and i would say we are getting at least 1 inch of travel. The pedal just feels unusually airy.

As far as the brakes are concerned rotors are simple, they can be replaced, i was referring to the calipers. The pistons are heavily rusted and the body of the caliper is severely oxidized and well need sanding and painting.

PFF
System Bot
the300zxmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the300zxmasterSend a Private Message to the300zxmasterDirect Link to This Post
With the car in the air and in gear with the clutch pedal pressed would we be able to turn the wheel by hand?

86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible that the reason for the pedal not stiffening up after continuous blleding that air is getting around the piston in the slave cylinder? it is a brand new slave, but what would be a simple quick and easy way to find this out, or prevent it from happening?
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

The bore is the same and i would say we are getting at least 1 inch of travel. The pedal just feels unusually airy.

As far as the brakes are concerned rotors are simple, they can be replaced, i was referring to the calipers. The pistons are heavily rusted and the body of the caliper is severely oxidized and well need sanding and painting.

Usually the reason the pedal feels airy is there is air in the system. That also prevents the slave from moving the proper distance. Try this. Pump the pedal 5 or 10 times and see if the pedal feels better and the slave moves more. If so then there is air in the system. When you pump it and then hold the pedal does the clutch then disengage?

The calipers clean up very nice using a wire wheel on a bench grinder. MAKE SURE you use safety glasses. The wires from the bench grinder wheel break off and get flung at your eyes.
the300zxmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the300zxmasterSend a Private Message to the300zxmasterDirect Link to This Post

Usually the reason the pedal feels airy is there is air in the system. That also prevents the slave from moving the proper distance. Try this. Pump the pedal 5 or 10 times and see if the pedal feels better and the slave moves more. If so then there is air in the system. When you pump it and then hold the pedal does the clutch then disengage?

The calipers clean up very nice using a wire wheel on a bench grinder. MAKE SURE you use safety glasses. The wires from the bench grinder wheel break off and get flung at your eyes.

It doesnt seem to build more as you pump the pedal more and more but it does hold in the same position while the pedal is held.
the300zxmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the300zxmasterSend a Private Message to the300zxmasterDirect Link to This Post

the300zxmaster

66 posts
Member since Aug 2010
What is the best way to go about priming the fuel system with a new pump on these cars?
86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post
The fuel pump came in today, and before putting it in, I want to ask is there anything I should do before/ immediately after putting the pump in. I went with the OEM Delphi pump any opinions on that?

------------------
Matt

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

What is the best way to go about priming the fuel system with a new pump on these cars?

Just make sure there is fuel in the tank before the pump gets powered on. As long as the pump is in fuel it's good. Cycle the key to on - wait and let the pump run for it's two second "prime" and then to off for 60 seconds (too short in between and the ECM won't prime the engine again). While doing this inspect for any leaks. Do this 5 times and if you have found no leaks then go and start the car and your good to go.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009

It doesnt seem to build more as you pump the pedal more and more but it does hold in the same position while the pedal is held.

So how much travel do you get from the slave. Note - if the clutch isn't releasing fully you will not be able to shift into gear with the engine running but it will shift ok with the engine off. Start the car in neutral of course, just in case.

If you get at least 1" in slave travel, and the clutch still isn't disengaging even with pumping, try this. With the car on stands in the rear, start the car in gear, rev the engine a little bit, push the clutch in and hold it to the floor and step on the brake. If the clutch disk has gotten stuck to the flywheel this should brake it free.

Don't bother trying that if you don't have at least 1" of slave trouble.

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
With just a little cleaning. They need to be painted before being reinstalled

Wear these

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 09-02-2010).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Matt, they gave you the wrong slave. It should be for an 85 V6. Have them cross reference GM part number 10035004. Right now NAPA has them for around $35. One of our members just bought one for his 4-speed, today.

And keep your old pushrod. Some slaves don't come with a new pushrod. NAPA also carries the ethanol submersible fuel line.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 09-02-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Matt, they gave you the wrong slave. It should be for an 85 V6. Have them cross reference GM part number 10035004. Right now NAPA has them for around $35. One of our members just bought one for his 4-speed, today.

And keep your old pushrod. Some slaves don't come with a new pushrod. NAPA also carries the ethanol submersible fuel line.

I figured, i planned on returning it they told me the wrong fuel filter too. i got that solved, but which slave diameter should i use? i think the one I got is 11/16. Should I have gotten the 13/16?

------------------
Matt

86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post

86FIFI

749 posts
Member since Aug 2010

With just a little cleaning. They need to be painted before being reinstalled

Wear these

I definately planned on doing that, Did you use the wire wheel on a bench grinder? I have 2 stones on my bench grinder, but have a wire wheel for my drill, shouldn't that work the same?

------------------
Matt

86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post

86FIFI

749 posts
Member since Aug 2010
Well i just looked on the Oreilly's website, and it says 13/16 for 4 speed manual transmission, the people there are just idiots after i clearly said 4-speed. Here is the link just so you can make sure. I called earlier, and its $23.99

------------------
Matt

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86FIFI:

I definately planned on doing that, Did you use the wire wheel on a bench grinder? I have 2 stones on my bench grinder, but have a wire wheel for my drill, shouldn't that work the same?

Sure. You could use a dremmel too. Compare the size of the motors on all three and you can quickly see which is going to get the job done much faster. A braided wire wheel stands up much better than a non braided wheel however the non braided is much better for getting into the slots of the caliper. Reverse the direction of rotation of the wheel every time you mount it so the wires don't get matted down in one direction. A wire wheel on the grinder is really nice to clean up nasty parts with. When cleaning rusted parts note that the wire wheel won't clean the 'pits' but will quickly take off the scale and almost all of the surface rust. A wire wheel is also somewhat nice for even smoothing out rough edges from grinding and such.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
I painted mine with gaudy silver paint. After being mounted and getting just a little dirty they look just like bare aluminum. The wire wheeling them will kick off a bunch of dust so if you have nice things and a clean garage and your grinder is on wheels then push it out to the driveway to do the work.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
13/16 = the Muncie 4 speed used on early 4 and V6s and Isuzu 5 speeds (later 4 cylinders)

15/16 = The Muncie Getrag 5 speeds (used only on later V6s)
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Be aware that the 84 4-speed slave is different from the 85 and 86 4-speed slave. If you take the old slave with you and compare, you can be assured you get the right one. The 84 and 85-86 4-speed slaves mount differently, too. Many of the parts stores will also tell you that the 86's only came with 5 speeds, too.
86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post
Well when I pull the calipers off, and remove the brake hose from them, brake fluid drips out. How would I stop that from dripping while the caliper is off the car?

------------------
Matt

86FIFI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FIFISend a Private Message to 86FIFIDirect Link to This Post

86FIFI

749 posts
Member since Aug 2010

13/16 = the Muncie 4 speed used on early 4 and V6s and Isuzu 5 speeds (later 4 cylinders)

15/16 = The Muncie Getrag 5 speeds (used only on later V6s)

So I should get the 13/16 because I have the 11/16 and it is shorter tha nthe one that was on there.

------------------
Matt

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock