Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  #\ *doublec4* /# Official Build Thread (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
#\ *doublec4* /# Official Build Thread by doublec4
Started on: 02-26-2009 06:22 PM
Replies: 863 (69723 views)
Last post by: doublec4 on 12-31-2020 04:32 PM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Thanks guys

The brembo is just a decal. When I redo the suspension in the spring, I'm going to replace those with IMSA decals. The brake swap is the 11.25 inch lebaron swap.

Did someone say they needed IMSA decals????
IP: Logged
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do want to get a few IMSA decals... 4 for the calipers and 1 for the diffuser... gotta pay homage to the guy building it
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little blurry. I had to shut off the flash in a darker room.....red vinyl decal I just created.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks really good, I had this image I photoshopped a while ago:

I was going to make a sticker like that for the diffuser, and then 4 stickers with just the letters for the calipers.

Very very similar, I just included the logo
daveg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davegSend a Private Message to davegEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are still needing tires, here are some sticky ones I saw for a good price...

http://www.casc.on.ca/forum...owthread.php?t=17520

Dave
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As much as I'd absolutelyyyyy love to run those tires, an R compound on the street probably isn't the best idea. I drive it in the rain sometimes and that tread doesn't look like it would evacuate water very well lol. Thanks for the heads up though!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2009 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check into some Nitto Neo Gens. Excellent traction, cornering, and wet weather performance. They are engineered for a lighter vehicle. I am really happy with mine. I currently have about 5,000 miles on this set, and they still appear fresh out of the box. I researched a ton of tires before my purchase, and for the cost, these won hands down. Everything that I have read about them were great. The tread pattern looks very aggressive, but handles rain like a pro. Look into them. You will be happy with the price.

Tony
JCUOIT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got Fuzion ZRi Tires on my car. plenty sticky, never had any rainy day driving problems. Very good tire at the edge, and easy on the wallet.

I'd never heard of them, neither had the local tire dealer. Some friends in to auto crossing told me about them.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

That looks really good, I had this image I photoshopped a while ago:

I was going to make a sticker like that for the diffuser, and then 4 stickers with just the letters for the calipers.

Very very similar, I just included the logo

Feel free to send me the file if you want the decals.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good I'm assuming the file has to be the appropriate size for the sticker? I'll resize them a bit later and email it to you in a file type that supports transparency for the background. Thanks!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
So I'm pretty sure I said I wasn't going to complete a rim with the vinyl before the tires go on... but I got much to anxious and went ahead and did it anyways. Hopefully the tire shop doesn't scrape the vinyl.

Final product (minus the center caps)

I'm sure I'll have more updates soon... I think I found some tires, don't want to speak too soon.
PFF
System Bot
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uuuuhhhh, those look like crap. J/K You need to just send those down south so I can mount them on my car. Just trying to keep you from embarrassing yourself.

No, seriously......JUST JOKING. Can't wait to see them mounted.

Paul
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like them. I may powdercoat mine black after I wear out the first set of tires. If you don't like the extra holes for the second bolt pattern, I have some black plugs that will probably fit.
Like these:
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The color looks orange-ish, is it just the flash? If you got clear red tape it might look like red anodizing on the rim.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments guys

ClayTonto, pm sent,

Amida, they're red vinyl but the flash makes them look pretty bright red maybe even orangish on your monitor. On my monitor they still appear to be pretty red but who knows, my settings may be different. Not really sure where I would get clear red tape but that would be a cool effect.

Either way, I can't wait to get them on the car
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM returned.
ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just came across your build, and it looks very nice! You have alot of very cool ideas! Also you have done a lot of very cool things already. I'm in progress of my sc3800 swap right now.Keep up the good work!
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont think i would do it but they sell red plugs too.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/65026/10002/-1

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I wouldn't do red plugs either. Actually, I don't think I'll be doing any plugs if I can't find a place in Canada that sells them. Summit and Jegs charge too much to ship/handle to Canada for an item worth a couple bucks. Its like 5 bucks for plugs and 30 bucks flat rate for shipping and handling for items 0 - 20$ or something like that. Then the brokerage fees from UPS once it gets to my door. No thanks

Edit to say thanks for the comments

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 11-04-2009).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Brampton, Ontario

http://www.capsnplugs.com/p...lugs_finishingplugs/

Edit....it appears that they will ship small quantities on request.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 11-04-2009).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I'll look into it !
PFF
System Bot
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, they really hammer you guys on fees.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What size plugs do your wheels need. I have many different hole plugs at work that I can get you in 1/4", 3/8", 5"16", 7/8" and a few others.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's about 0.865 inches so closest plug is about 7/8inch. If you could get some in black that would be really awesome!

ClayTonto, they really do kill us for shipping up here. Its a crime.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New update that I'm very excited about. I just found a great deal locally on some tires. I picked up some BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KD's

These things have received great ratings online and they look sticky! I can't wait to see how they feel on the road.

225/45/17

Take a look!

(Picture off the net)

And the tires on my driveway:

I'll have them mounted soon
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RPF1s and BFGoodies? Impecable taste.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why thank you

Should be a nice combination for some spirited driving
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for fun, I took the old photoshop I did and touched it up with a few small changes that I'd like to make happen one day.

One of those changes is small, very subtle fender flares in the rear. I actually used the ones off of a lotus esprit for this photoshop. I didn't want to get too carried away and make it look too busy.
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chris, yes very good choice. You will really like the G Force.
daveg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davegSend a Private Message to davegEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a set of these and they were awesome. At one time they were the stickiest street tire you could buy and had recorded over 1.0g on the skidpad.

dave
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just tested my new G-Force KDWs and they are really sticky. Even with a V8 and Big brakes, it's a fight to break them loose. And they're not even broke-in yet.
These are my third set of G-Forces. You will not be disappointed.

------------------
87 GT Tilt Clip-Widebody-RamAir-Fastback-GlassHatch Powered by SBC 383 6-speed w/ NOS
Build Thread

Goals in Life:
1. Get Married..........Check!
2. Build Dream Car..........Check!
3. Get Wife to Come Back...

[This message has been edited by ClayTonto (edited 11-18-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4,

Quit teasing and get'em on there.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the photo shopped pic.. You have the chin spoiler on there now? Is it the closed mouth or open where it shows two openings? Do you drag sometimes being so low. My drop is about the same and I'm just worried about getting it caught on something and breaking. I was looking at The non notched extended GT front bumper from Fiero warehouse for mine... The rear looks like a defuser rear bumper... Very cool.

Cool rims. The detail is subtle and clean. They add a nice look to the ride. Nice tire too... I'm running Falkens 452's. These too are hard to let loose.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments guys, I can't wait to get them on there either. However, that probably won't be until the spring. I go to school away from home where my car is being stored right now for the winter. A lot of the parts that I'm posting are parts that I've bought and that I've had shipped to my parents house.

I also have one other problem right now.

The tires I bought are wonderful, BUT I have 3 passenger side tires and 1 driver side!! I bought them from a buy and sell forum local to my parents, so I had my dad go pick them up. I forgot to tell my dad to check them because I knew they were directional. Turns out the guy gave him 3 passenger side and 1 driver side Do you guys think that maybe if I call around to a few places, that a shop might be able to trade me for a driver side? They're still brand new with the stickers right on them.

unboundmo, yes I have the chin spoiler on it right now. Its a closed mouth, and I can drag it on the right driveway. It doesn't happen too often, but once in a while I hear a scraping. Nothing has cracked yet (fingers crossed, knock on wood) but I occasionally repaint it from stone chips as well. As for the diffuser, thats the look I hope to get out of it

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I doubt you would notice any issue if you put the A symmetric on the left rear, as long they are correct rotation. who's gonna notice ?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would notice lol. Sometimes I can be picky about things like that. It would probably stay in the back of my mind and I would convince myself that the handling is off.

Good news though, this saturday I'm having two of the tires exchanged for the BF Goodrich T/A G-Force KDW in 235/45/17

So my tire set up will be:

Front: BF Goodrich T/A G-Force KD in 225/45/17
Rear: BF Goodrich T/A G-Force KDW in 235/45/17

A little wider in the rear
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wider in the rear works a lot better .i run 205 front / 245 rear .eliminates the snap throttle oversteer , especially when you have more than stock horse power .really like your new wheels .
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks What width rim do you have the 245's on? The rims I have are only 7 inch wide... I heard 235 is pretty much the limit, otherwise theres no performance gain from anything wider on a 7 inch rim.
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my rims are 7" by 16" .the 245's seem to fit well.the place where i bought the tires didnt mention that there might be a problem .i actually wanted even narrower tires on the front(185's)but apperantly you need to drop down to a 6 1/2 or 6" rim to do that .the fiero is not that heavy in the front so it really doesnt need that wide a tire in the front .and a narrower tire doesnt follow all the rutts and get tossed around like a wide tire does .i noticed that on my 85 4cyl .the lotus exige uses 185's in the front .
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good to me, makes me feel a little more confident about putting 235's on them. I can't wait to build the rear coil overs
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock