Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  NEW Headlight Option In The Works! Gauging Interest... (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
NEW Headlight Option In The Works! Gauging Interest... by doublec4
Started on: 11-08-2011 10:16 PM
Replies: 476 (31768 views)
Last post by: Will on 03-01-2018 07:52 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bucket bolts to the hood?
IP: Logged
OneQuickGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

The bucket bolts to the hood?

It does, Yes.

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting... Anyone noticed problems with the lights being unsteady or bouncing as the car's going over bumps?
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i used these to replace my Norm's flush mounts .they mount to the hood the same way and they did not bounce around at all .so i dont expect these to either .the weather has not been good enough to try them out yet other than a few trips down the cottage roads for aiming purposes .the area of the hood where they are mounted is very stable as that is where the hinges are .the light spread and distance penetration is so much better with these lights over my old setup .i have tossed the fog lights i used to have to run with Norm's lights .without the bubble style lense there is a big dark spot in front of the car .i use all four projectors on for high beams .real flamethrowers .
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have put on about 1000 miles since I installed them last fall and mine do not bounce around at all. At least not anymore that the car does. My hood is pretty tightly mounted and held down so my lights do not bounce because of that. I can imagine what would happen if I didn't have the hood latched though.
tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent and full payment sent!!!! Hell yeah!!!! Thank you for making mine and rockin out.
quins&dads88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Outstanding lights mate, I'm in! Please let me know how you want payment. Have paypal account so should be no problem. I also want the blue / bright white halo.
onebeej4@msn.com
Cheers
Beej
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by quins&dads88:

Outstanding lights mate, I'm in! Please let me know how you want payment. Have paypal account so should be no problem. I also want the blue / bright white halo.
onebeej4@msn.com
Cheers
Beej

Thanks!

I'm almost ready to start making them again. I've taken a slight break to upgrade my equipment but I'll be sure to email you when things are ready to go again.

Thank you!
bonezjustice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonezjusticeSend a Private Message to bonezjusticeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in these lights also..... Just tell me when your ready to make them. My money is ready and standing by :-)
Bonezjustice@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by bonezjustice (edited 04-04-2013).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonezjustice:

I am interested in these lights also..... Just tell me when your ready to make them. My money is ready and standing by :-)
Bonezjustice@gmail.com

Will do!

I've saved your email address. You'll hear from me soon
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to see what these look like on a car with an aftermarket nose like the 355!
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

I want to see what these look like on a car with an aftermarket nose like the 355!

It's been done

NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man that looks good!
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you gonna be producing anymore of these light kits ? Id def be intrested
OneQuickGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOVE these headlights! Best ones on the market IMO.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3800 SC (5 spd) Weekend Fun Toy.
04 SRT4 (5spd) (Stage 1) Summer Daily Driver
97 Dodge Ram 4x4 Winter Beater / Parts Getter.
75 AMC Gremlin The Hemi-Gremmy Project.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

are you gonna be producing anymore of these light kits ? Id def be intrested

Yes I will be!

As long as there is a demand for them, I will continue to produce them.

I typically produce the kits in bulk in group buys that I start in the mall section. If you're interested in participating in the next group buy, pm me with your info like your email address. I can get in touch with you when I make the next batch

Originally posted by OneQuickGT:

Thank you! Always enjoy hearing feedback Your Fiero looks great!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 01-29-2014).]

Spoilt_87fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2015 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for an awesome product!!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2015 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Holy crap !! OneQuickGT i have absolutely hated that nose every time i have seen it,.......except until now !! Wow with those headlights and the other little tweeks you did with it and your car it looks bada** !!
Robroyoldboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2015 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobroyoldboySend a Private Message to RobroyoldboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just favorited this page because I WILL WANT SOME OF THESE!!!
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2015 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have any pics of a set of these installed, but of the underside of the hood when it's up?

All the pics look nice from the top, but I'd like to see how messy the wiring is behind the scenes too. And where are people mounting the HID ballasts?

Also, has anyone done anything to get rid of the gap between the new lights and the hood itself?

I'd like to get a set of these lights, but would like to be able to address these details as well.
firstclassfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstclassfieroSend a Private Message to firstclassfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone done the halos with a white/colored one on the inside and and amber one on the outside so you can use the amber one as a signal?

[This message has been edited by firstclassfiero (edited 02-17-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dobey, I don't really have any good pictures from under the hood. My personal kit probably wouldn't be a good example anyways since I'm always installing / removing / experimenting so my wiring is a bit of a mess.

The cleanliness of the wiring installation is pretty much up to you and how much thought / effort you put into it .

firstclassfiero, I haven't seen that color combination yet, but it is entirely possible. If you're interested let me know!

I have another group buy open now in the mall I'm hoping to finalize my numbers by the end of the week so please message me soon!

Thanks guys!

------------------

Embrace Racing

firstclassfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstclassfieroSend a Private Message to firstclassfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The want is there, the money is not. Haha. I would just be concerned if the halo would still be visible if the projector is on inside it.
OneQuickGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4 any chance on a group buy on the LED tails? I'd love a set of those as well. =)
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstclassfiero:

The want is there, the money is not. Haha. I would just be concerned if the halo would still be visible if the projector is on inside it.

I would say that it would be difficult to see with the projector on. They are definitely bright.

OneQuickGT, I recently did a run of the GT tail lights. I'm going to make some headlights and I have a few other projects on the go, but check back with me soon and I can put together a kit for you if you'd like.

Thanks!

------------------

Embrace Racing

OneQuickGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneQuickGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem, if it was right around spring time, i'd be a happy camper. =)
Spoilt_87fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2015 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my lights (thanks doublec4!), but haven't put them together yet. I think I'm going to do a bit more work to them, and mount them differently.

Does anyone know of any reflector housings that could be mounted in placed of one of the projectors on each side? I'm thinking of only having the two inside lights be projectors for the headlights, and having the outside two be reflectors for the parking lights and turn signals. This would hopefully help make the turn signals on the Fiero a bit more visible to other drivers who seem to not want to see the stock ones that are so low, and set back inside the nose.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2015 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Weird. Why did my reply not bump this thread back to the first page?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What you can do is remove the HID bulb from the outside projectors, find a LED H1 bulb that will fit into the projector. Tap into your turn signals and run the wires up. The LED bulb will illuminate the projector as if it was a turn signal housing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 08-07-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-07-2015 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

What you can do is remove the HID bulb from the outside projectors, find a LED H1 bulb that will fit into the projector. Tap into your turn signals and run the wires up. The LED bulb will illuminate the projector as if it was a turn signal housing

Sure. But nobody makes H1 bulbs (LED or otherwise) that are the correct amber color for marker/signal lights. I'd rather have proper lenses for that too, so it's easier for people to see, and less likely for a cop who is having a bad day to give me a ticket for having marker/signal lights in a projector.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Photo links down already?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Sure. But nobody makes H1 bulbs (LED or otherwise) that are the correct amber color for marker/signal lights. I'd rather have proper lenses for that too, so it's easier for people to see, and less likely for a cop who is having a bad day to give me a ticket for having marker/signal lights in a projector.

You can adapt something like this to the front of the projector:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-A...r-Lens-/110959931521

Or make a mount for it so it can take the place of the project and sit far enough forward to be visible.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-07-2015 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

You can adapt something like this to the front of the projector:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-A...r-Lens-/110959931521

Or make a mount for it so it can take the place of the project and sit far enough forward to be visible.

Sure. I'd rather use a real reflector housing for it though, so it has a replaceable bulb rather than a simple PCB of LEDs glued inside the thing with a couple wires running out. I'll figure something out one way or another. I was just curious if anyone else had done the same, and this thread seemed like a good place to bring it up.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still available?
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2018 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as I know , yes. Doublec4 just isn't on here as much any more. Do a Google search for Embrace Racing.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock