Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (47955 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know when it comes to trunk seals, I will be looking for the far superior product. With all of the R & D that you are putting into these, Will, I am sure yours will be a far superior product. I also know you wouldn't send out a product unless it is meets your own strict standards. That alone is why I will be purchasing from you. Thank you for all of the hard work you are putting into this, Will.
IP: Logged
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

It would be awesome if we could have these babies by Daytona Time! Any new info Will? We are sticking with you!

Brent
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

I just received notice for my fabricator that I will have samples from the new tooling early next week. We are now working with two different fabricators to see who can get these into production first (or rather best). I plan on attending the Daytona Show and having production seals with me.

\/\/
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woo Hoo! Glad to hear the news, will be happy to meet you in Daytona!

Brent
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rock on will
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2010 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

***** UPDATE *****

I just received notice for my fabricator that I will have samples from the new tooling early next week. We are now working with two different fabricators to see who can get these into production first (or rather best). I plan on attending the Daytona Show and having production seals with me.

\/\/

Sweet ! Will you have any of your badges as well ?
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2010 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Sweet ! Will you have any of your badges as well ?

Tony,

Actually I will have a couple of styles of badges including the new cast nose badge. It looks really good, the foundry has done a very nice job on them. I will also have another "secret" product that every Fiero owner will need as well.

\/\/

P.S. Tony, PM me with the badge style you are interested in.
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for any recent update
LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be a buyer when these are done. Thanks for your hard work.
SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news to report, Will? I'd really like to get one of these at the Daytona show!

------------------
Lowcountry Fiero
South Carolina Fiero Club

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE!!!!! *****

Hey kids!

Just got an update from my fabricator. He has a final sample of the seal which he states is "a dead match" to the original shape!!! I am traveling today but I will be home tonight and post pictures ASAP. I will have full seals in 3 weeks for testing and production pieces for Daytona. FINALLY
PFF
System Bot
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

***** UPDATE!!!!! *****

Hey kids!

Just got an update from my fabricator. He has a final sample of the seal which he states is "a dead match" to the original shape!!! I am traveling today but I will be home tonight and post pictures ASAP. I will have full seals in 3 weeks for testing and production pieces for Daytona. FINALLY

Now this is just great news. I was saving my 1000th post for something special and this certainly counts.
Larry
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great! Keep us posted!
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hot damn!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

***** UPDATE *****

\/\/

Sounds good ! See you at the show !

Did we settle on a price yet ?
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T,

I won't have a firm price until I know what the tooling and material cost end up at. I am hoping to have those numbers when I get the full test pieces finished an about 3 weeks. I will definitely be considerably under what the original factory piece was (which was $139 when they ended production).

\/\/

P.S. I have the badge samples ready now (except the cast nose badge which is in foundry right now) as well but didn't know what you were looking for me to bring. I assume you were looking at the "Dean Style" fender badges. PM or email me and I will cut what you need for the GT, GTP or maybe GTC (GT Chop?)
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, could you post pics of your badges as I have never seen them and am interested...Thanks, Tim
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim, my fender badge thread is here Fender and Nose badges

\/\/
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

T,

I won't have a firm price until I know what the tooling and material cost end up at. I am hoping to have those numbers when I get the full test pieces finished an about 3 weeks. I will definitely be considerably under what the original factory piece was (which was $139 when they ended production).

\/\/

P.S. I have the badge samples ready now (except the cast nose badge which is in foundry right now) as well but didn't know what you were looking for me to bring. I assume you were looking at the "Dean Style" fender badges. PM or email me and I will cut what you need for the GT, GTP or maybe GTC (GT Chop?)

Yes the Dean Style,..i am kind of torn thinking either GT, GTX, or GTC, let me mull it for a day or so.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Yes the Dean Style,..i am kind of torn thinking either GT, GTX, or GTC, let me mull it for a day or so.

Tony,

I will bring all three, GT, GTC and GTX with me.

\/\/
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can add me to the list for a trunk seal. This sounds like it is going to be 100% OE from what I have seen thus far.... I can't wait to see your sample mounted!
PFF
System Bot
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will definitely be considerably under what the original factory piece was (which was $139 when they ended production).

Sounds good to me!

------------------
Lowcountry Fiero
South Carolina Fiero Club
"Kids today will never know what it's like to drive a real man's car" - C.T. Tucker, Rest In Peace

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have the money for a seal at Daytona.
Notchie Luvin David

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Notchie Luvin DavidSend a Private Message to Notchie Luvin DavidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one also.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Well, I am one happy guy. The new sample is a very close match to the original, it even has the "crush" seam down the middle of the upper balloon. Please forgive the less than stellar (my cell phone) photo but you get the idea. I have given the go ahead for the full product run. I should have complete seals for test fitting in about 2 weeks and will have seals for sale at Daytona. Woo Hoo! The corners are going to be very nice, using an new "top secret" bonding agent. No more lumpy corners!

I should have a firm price by next Friday.

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 02-12-2010).]

BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait this going to be good
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! That must be very gratifying after all the hard work. Thanks for going to all the effort to bring this to our community.

Nolan
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So... How long has it taken for this idea to become reality?

It looks like you have made an amazing RePro part here.
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad pic? That is bEAUTiful! Great work Will. I won't be able to make Daytona, so when you have nailed down your price and have them available, please post it here so I can order mine.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My GT's trunk doesn't even HAVE a seal, so getting one is a top priority. I'll be buying as soon as they're available. Thanks for all the hard work, Will.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

So... How long has it taken for this idea to become reality?

It looks like you have made an amazing RePro part here.

This project started last August and has cost way more than I thought it would as I had to make 5 sets of tooling to get the shape right. Although the delays have been rather frustrating and now at least one other vendor has seen what I am doing and is jumping in I think I have made the smart decision to make sure the product is right before pressing forward. I am cautiously optimistic about making my investment back

Thanks for the support

\/\/
PFF
System Bot
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great! Whenever I get the extra money, I may make a trip up there to pick one up in person
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

Looking great! Whenever I get the extra money, I may make a trip up there to pick one up in person

You won't need to do that, I will bring one with me when I come down to see my son at Pitt State
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent!

I'm ready when you/they are!
Thanks for all your efforts.

I hope you get to take an early retirement, off of the proceeds.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You won't need to do that, I will bring one with me when I come down to see my son at Pitt State

Hehe, that'd work too! Too bad my fiero looks like crap... maybe I'll go crazy and rattle can it black or something just to hide the ugly faded gold...
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will that cross cut looks great! Can't wait to pick one up in Daytona! Ill have to swap it out before I even let the trunk be seen!

I am sure all of us will be choosing your quality item, as we all know the effort to put forth to make sure it is worth it!

THANKS WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

I had a long conversation with my extruder yesterday and came to a major decision. This firm (the new one that ended up making the correct shape) has been in business for over 100 years, 50 of those have been spent supplying the automotive gasket industry. They suggested that if I wait to run samples, which takes 3 weeks, I will be another 3 weeks behind getting the production material run. I have decided to just go straight to production pieces.

I have no doubt that the material itself is of superior quality and I know the fitment on the frame is good (it is so strong that you will need no adhesive of any type but will be able to easily remove the seal should you need to, think mechanics shredding the thing when they are working on your car). I have bonded corners with the new adhesive and it is incredibly strong. So I will be taking orders starting later this week for delivery in 3-4 weeks. I should have a firm price in the next few days but I will definitely be under $100 (the seal from Pontiac was $139 when they stopped production 8 years ago, so I am very pleased with the lower price for a better product!) with a shipping charge to the U.S. of around $15 (Priority Mail flat rate box will hold two seals for that price as well). I will be contacting each of you that have expressed interest in a seal, later this week via PM or your email if you sent it to me. I am also working on a Canadian Supplier and have sent an offer to a source where I can ship in bulk to save those of you north of the border

Lets roll!

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 02-14-2010).]

currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOT DIGGITY DAMN
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JUST in case you "misplaced" my e-mail-----EAL4EVER@BELLSOUTH.NET

Just hang onto it as I will be at Daytona.
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will is the MAN! Hope everyone plans to give this man a "+"!

Will, we can never thank you enough!

Brent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock