Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (47955 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any progress to report?
IP: Logged
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to be a negative Nancy, but this thread looks a lot like how the GT Sail windows thread started. A great idea mixed with good intentions that can turn sour

Be hopeful folks but be warned, projects like these have a history on PFF for spanning many years and getting kinda messy.

hope they happen myself. definately a part GT owners like myself could use.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

I hate to be a negative Nancy, but this thread looks a lot like how the GT Sail windows thread started. A great idea mixed with good intentions that can turn sour

Be hopeful folks but be warned, projects like these have a history on PFF for spanning many years and getting kinda messy.

hope they happen myself. definately a part GT owners like myself could use.

While I respect your privilege to post what ever you wish, you have obviously never read the very first post I made about this project. I clearly stated that the tooling was not completed (the specs are) and that I hope samples would be ready in by the end of the year . I also stated that I am not taking any kind of orders nor deposits until a sample is produced and tested. It has been exactly two weeks (not the twelve weeks that I stated was my target date for the tooling and samples) since I started this thread so here are a few things to consider:

First, I have asked for nothing in any way, shape or form from anyone on PFF other than a "virtual" show of hands from those who might be interested in this project. I have sold ZERO trunk seals thus far as I do not have a product yet to sell. Interest in an item does not mean sales.

Second, comparing me and my intentions to the "GT Sail panels" thread is quite a stretch. You do not know me nor do you know anything about my business nor background. There are however, a very few people on PFF who do know my background and they are well aware of what I can and can't do. I am not working on a shoestring budget nor am I doing this to make a living, I see this as an investment. Period. If it can't pay for itself or at least be a a little above a break-even, it won't happen. That said though, I have the patience to see where this project leads. There is opportunity to provide a product that fills a major hole in the Fiero parts market. There are other products that could be made as well and I am making a list of the suggestions that have been given to me but I am a "do one thing at a time" kind of person. I know my limitations. Much like the fender badges I made; a bunch of tire kickers inquired, few if any replied to my responses to them and none wanted pay the price to get the quality my machinist provides. Didn't hurt my feelings at all, I just took that as a "no, I'm not a candidate for your product" situation. No big deal.

Finally, let's talk about this whole "good intentions gone sour' thing. I have only been an active member of PFF since the beginning of this year. However, I lurked for several years before that and have built several cars from the ground up since I started driving 35 years ago (yes, I am AARP certified) There are long time "vendors" on here that deal with people with honesty and fairness. They have proven that product, service and actions speak volumes about the kind of people they are. They make an offer and they deliver, they don't have anything to prove because they know they are people of integrity. There are also people on here who are hustlers, hacks, frauds and cheap shot artists. It is easy to be critical of something when you can be anonymous (via a screen name) and not looking someone face to face when you make accusations. It is also easy to find fault when you have nothing at risk nor anything to offer as an alternative. In the car world it is sometimes referred to as "bench racing". Many cast aspersions on others and when they are proven wrong, don't have the balls to admit they were wrong nor even say they were sorry for their public assertions. In both my professional and private life I chose to not pass judgment on something until I have all the facts and I certainly wouldn't do so without at least speaking to the person or persons involved myself. Second hand stories and opinions are rarely accurate.

Now that's all out of the way..... when I have some real "updates" I will be sure to post. We have two of the four sections of tooling completed, I thought the third was going to be ready a few days ago but it looks like it is going to have to be re-machined. (No, this company isn't going to drop everything to work on my little project ) I am still guessing six more weeks for the rest of the tooling and hopefully then some working samples can be run for testing.

Thanks to all for the support and interest

Regards,

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-19-2009).]

Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great effort! Please add two for Hawaii.
Thanks.
Tom
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero-in-Paradise:

Great effort! Please add two for Hawaii.
Thanks.
Tom

You are on Tom. I may even hand deliver them to you when I am in Honolulu in Feb! (if we are in production by then)

\/\/
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did read your post, and i respect your efforts. My post was not meant for you, it was for everyone else.

If you read my post, then i am sure you noticed that I never accused you of any wrong doing. Nor did I tell anyone to avoid you or not send you money.

So please do not take offense as this was not a personal attack or an attempt to prevent anyone from supporting you. you will notice that i encouraged your efforts in my post as well as i need this part.

What i was doing was trying to temper peoples excitement about these as these seals may not happen at all or could take years to turn into an actual product. You have 4 pages deep of interest to show you how many people want these to happen.

Again, I hope these seals happen, as I could use 1 or 2 myself.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

I did read your post, and i respect your efforts. My post was not meant for you, it was for everyone else.

If you read my post, then i am sure you noticed that I never accused you of any wrong doing. Nor did I tell anyone to avoid you or not send you money.

So please do not take offense as this was not a personal attack or an attempt to prevent anyone from supporting you. you will notice that i encouraged your efforts in my post as well as i need this part.

What i was doing was trying to temper peoples excitement about these as these seals may not happen at all or could take years to turn into an actual product. You have 4 pages deep of interest to show you how many people want these to happen.

Again, I hope these seals happen, as I could use 1 or 2 myself.

I too, am sorry for the confusion, I was mixing two replies while only quoting one, which I shouldn't have done I wasn't taking your post as an accusation toward me, I was mainly referring to the GT Sail window thread, were there were/are a lot of threats and mis-information being tossed around. I too agree that there are those on PFF that have unrealistically high expectations any time a thread like this pops up. In the big picture, this is really a minor project for the rubber company to handle; for me it's kind of a big deal but for them I am more of an accommodation

\/\/
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool! Regardless whether they are done or not, shoot me an e-mail before you come out here and we'll get together for some drinks and "pupus."
Tom
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for this needed project.
kennn

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent a PM>

Ken

------------------
'88 Formula V6
'88 GT TPI V8

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kennn:

Sent a PM>

Ken

Added
PFF
System Bot
Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too have followed all the threads on the GT sail panels (both potential vendors), and over the years have seen some great ideas for replacement parts that have not happened. I can add however that I have met Will in Chicago this past spring when he was here giving a seminar for his "real job". I can tell you he is a dedicated, enthusiastic, quality minded person in his job field and for the Fiero. There is no doubt that he will come up with a quality product that we will all appreciate. Like the quarter glass windows, this is a costly, time consuming development process, and requires patience and $$$.

------------------

My Web Site www.xnet.com/~paulv
NIFE Web Site ]www.fierofocus.com]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
put me down for one
Puglet01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Puglet01Send a Private Message to Puglet01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please include me on the list for a trunk seal to fit my 86 GT.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

put me down for one

Originally posted by Puglet01:

Please include me on the list for a trunk seal to fit my 86 GT.

Added
wyatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wyattSend a Private Message to wyattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take 1 for a 87 gt if you will post it to me in Australia?

------------------
2004 yamaha r1
1987 fiero gt

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wyatt:

I will take 1 for a 87 gt if you will post it to me in Australia?

Wyatt, no sweat. Once they are in production I should be able to ship them to OZ. As a matter of fact I will be in Melbourne in March giving a lecture for my book tour. I can swing by HI to see Tom and then on to see you

I will keep you informed

\/\/
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Wyatt, no sweat. Once they are in production I should be able to ship them to OZ. As a matter of fact I will be in Melbourne in March giving a lecture for my book tour. I can swing by HI to see Tom and then on to see you

I will keep you informed

\/\/

Can I be a "carry on"?
Jim Jimenez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim JimenezSend a Private Message to Jim JimenezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can count me in for one as well. Thank you for the dedication to produce this critical, needed part!!
teambraindamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for teambraindamageClick Here to visit teambraindamage's HomePageSend a Private Message to teambraindamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for 1 too,
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim Jimenez:

You can count me in for one as well. Thank you for the dedication to produce this critical, needed part!!

Originally posted by teambraindamage:

I'm in for 1 too,

Both added
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim Jimenez:

Jim, I was just in Appleton last Friday doing a Photoshop workshop! I will be in Wausau on Oct 29th doing a Creative Suite workshop.

I will also be in Portland, ME this coming Monday and then back in Concord and Manchester, NH Nov 1 & 2.

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-24-2009).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**** BREAKING NEWS **** (Insert dramatic news channel music here.....)

I just met with the fabricator and have been told that samples will be ready on or before Oct 31st! Upon approval, from those of you whom I have already contacted about being product testers and reviewers, we should be in full production no later than the second week of December! This is great news as it should push forward production by a full month! Keep you fingers crossed

Even better news, subject to the sample approval, we should have a selling price of $80 ea. U.S. Quantity discounts on six pcs. to a single shipping address will be considered but less than that will discount combined shipping only. I believe shipping can be done via a large Priority mail flat rate box which I think will hold two gaskets for under $12 shipping to the US. International rates will apply to non-U.S. shipments. Given that the factory/OEM part was $139 list when it was discontinued, I am very pleased to offer this discounted selling price. Without the support and enthusiasm of the PFF members this wouldn't/won't happen.

I have interest from enough people to consume most of the first run of product. Each additional run will take approximately 8 weeks to produce. I will not be taking orders nor deposits until we have an approved sample but I will be accepting PayPal.

Thanks to all of you for your interest and support, let's see how the samples turn out and move forward!

Pax,

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-25-2009).]

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YAY! That's really good news.. -Jason
volt110

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me on the list for one. I will be using the worn one for a while.

Ed
86SE to 87GT conversion
88 Coupe
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by volt110:

Please add me on the list for one. I will be using the worn one for a while.

Ed
86SE to 87GT conversion
88 Coupe

Added
wyatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wyattSend a Private Message to wyattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Im looking foward to meeting you. send me a pm before you leave and I will give you my number.

------------------
2004 yamaha r1
1987 fiero gt

TEXASGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post09-28-2009 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to let you know, even if this does not work out in our favor, I will never fault you for that. You tried, which is more than any of us in here could ask for.

On that note, that is some exciting news!!!! When you are ready, send me a PM and the money will be on it's way.

Thanks again for the hard work you have put into these.

Andy
85pontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85pontiacSend a Private Message to 85pontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in!!

------------------
Adam
1984 Sport Coupe Auto., 130,~~~ miles, bad duke
1985 Sport Coupe 5 Speed, 55,000 original miles
1987 GT Auto., 155,~~~ miles, partial daily driver
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 5" lift, 35" tires, partial daily driver
1989 Yamaha V Max (oh yeah, it's fun!)
1975 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 25,000 original miles
1936 Dodge Two-door Touring Sedan

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TEXASGT:

I'll take one!

Originally posted by 85pontiac:

I'm in!!

Added

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-28-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I just wanted to let you know, even if this does not work out in our favor, I will never fault you for that. You tried, which is more than any of us in here could ask for.

On that note, that is some exciting news!!!! When you are ready, send me a PM and the money will be on it's way.

Thanks again for the hard work you have put into these.

Andy

Thanks Andy, and thanks for serving (Didn't you say you were Army?). My nephew is headed back to Bagdad for his second tour and my son was inducted into the ROTC contract program at Pitt State (KS) last Sat. Hopefully you will be home long before he ever makes it there.

Will

treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me in for at least one.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by treborerellim:

Please put me in for at least one.

Added
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Thanks Andy, and thanks for serving (Didn't you say you were Army?). My nephew is headed back to Bagdad for his second tour and my son was inducted into the ROTC contract program at Pitt State (KS) last Sat. Hopefully you will be home long before he ever makes it there.

Will

Yes, I am south of Baghdad right now, and I will hopefully be home in January, possibly December from rumors I'm hearing. I wish your nephew and your son well, and tell your son I said congratulations. Your family will be in my prayers.

Andy
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey can you bump me from 1 to 2? I was just talking to my brother last night and he needs one for his 86GT as well.

Rich
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One for mee too.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

Hey can you bump me from 1 to 2? I was just talking to my brother last night and he needs one for his 86GT as well.

Rich

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

One for mee too.

Added
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
put me down for one
g2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for g2Send a Private Message to g2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a restored 88 GT that could use a new seal.

Please add me to your list, and thanks for taking on this project.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock