Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (47955 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
mikejhjr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one, add me to the list please.
IP: Logged
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mid engine monsters:

me too ...of course

Originally posted by Indiana87GT:

I will absolutely order one when they are available.

Originally posted by mikejhjr:

I'll take one, add me to the list please.

Added

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-05-2009).]

fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me down for 2.

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'll take two.

Rob
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a need for this item. What is the anticipated selling price for the GT trunk weaterseal? Is it one pirce or a 4 piece construction?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierov8:

Please put me down for 2.

Originally posted by qwikgta:

i'll take two.

Rob

Added
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

There is a need for this item. What is the anticipated selling price for the GT trunk weaterseal? Is it one pirce or a 4 piece construction?

Dennis, your guidance has been invaluable on the forum. I have learned an enormous amount from your posts and I hope you will please forgive me if this sound harsh but did you actually read my first post? I spent a tremendous amount of time spelling it all out.

Give it a quick once over and if you still have questions drop me a PM

Best regards,

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-05-2009).]

Justin Heileman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the list for 1 please!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justin Heileman:

Add me to the list for 1 please!

Added
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am definitely in for one!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I am definitely in for one!

Added
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for 1 as long as your projected price-point is in the ball park at time of production
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Count me in for 1 as long as your projected price-point is in the ball park at time of production

Added
vEnOm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vEnOmSend a Private Message to vEnOmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for one.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vEnOm:

Count me in for one.

Added
currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW im thinking your getting enough interest in this to
go ahead woohoo cool cant wait.
yeah yeah i know still in the early stages
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With having to do 4 separate extrusions run at the same time, the tooling costs 4 x the price. The other hurdle is that the minimum run is several thousand feet of gasket. Got to sell 'em if we make 'em. I should have another update toward the end of this week
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweeeet... Glad to see interest (YOURS and ours) in this item is HIGH! That usually means the product WILL get produced and you should at the very least break-even
bnevets27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bnevets27Send a Private Message to bnevets27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be in for 1
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that Im employed, 2.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bnevets27:

I would be in for 1

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

Now that Im employed, 2.

Added

PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My thought:
Maybe you can sell a large quantity to Rodney or The Fiero Store. You will get paid quickly, and they will absorb all the sellers fees, shipments, and all those distribution headaches. Just a thought. Thanks for your inpiration

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 09-09-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Absolutely want one, great job !
Toms88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Toms88Click Here to visit Toms88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Toms88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, since most folks choose to respond here rather than pm you, please add me to the list as well. I had to cut out part of my original gasket and replace it with an aftermarket one that works but is not the best fit for my GT.
Thanks; I'm sure that this is very labor, time, and capital intensive for you and the results will be outstanding.
-Tom
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me as well, this is the only weather stripping (including the CBJ TTops) that looks either old or broke on my car. I cant wait.

Brent
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me in for one, maybe a second depending on the final price.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Absolutely want one, great job !

Originally posted by Toms88:

Will, since most folks choose to respond here rather than pm you, please add me to the list as well. I had to cut out part of my original gasket and replace it with an aftermarket one that works but is not the best fit for my GT.
Thanks; I'm sure that this is very labor, time, and capital intensive for you and the results will be outstanding.
-Tom

Originally posted by Camel:

Please add me as well, this is the only weather stripping (including the CBJ TTops) that looks either old or broke on my car. I cant wait.

Brent

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Put me in for one, maybe a second depending on the final price.

All Added, Tony PM me. i am going to be in your area the week before Thanksgiving doing a Photoshop workshop!

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-09-2009).]

Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ive been waiting for something like this. I'm in for one, mine is in terrible shape
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for one

Rich
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

ive been waiting for something like this. I'm in for one, mine is in terrible shape

Originally posted by Richjk21:

I'm in for one

Rich

Added
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to see this being done and thank you for taking the time. I do not own a GT but do have a T-Top car that will need seals one day sooner than later. Most are and could be the cut off type which does not go around the complete door frame and is cut and overlaps just arfter the windshield and the sail panels. What I am hoping is that once you get the kinks worked out of the trunk seal that you may be able to work on these seals?? Just a thought. Thanks again for putting something like this back into the community especially since I am always asked for this seal when I have taken a trashed GT apart for parts. Rick B
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

Once this project is in full production, we will have other gaskets in the works. I am very encouraged by the interest in the GT trunk seal, we will have to see if that enthusiasm translates to purchases. Since the factory seals sold new for $129.00 when they were in production, price will not be an issue, what will be an issue is quality. I think we have that covered. rubber and synthetic technology has made huge advancements in the last 25 years. I very much appreciate the support and backing all of you have shown me. Consider this my "pay back" for all of the advice and guidance you all have given and will give me in the future

\/\/
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm also in it for 1 possibly 2 if the price is in the ball park you mentioned...

And also, if you are going to make T-top gaskets, I want to be second in line for a set of those! -Jason
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

I'm also in it for 1 possibly 2 if the price is in the ball park you mentioned...

And also, if you are going to make T-top gaskets, I want to be second in line for a set of those! -Jason

Added to both

(oop! Did I let the cat out of the bag?)

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-10-2009).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Dennis, your guidance has been invaluable on the forum. I have learned an enormous amount from your posts and I hope you will please forgive me if this sound harsh but did you actually read my first post? I spent a tremendous amount of time spelling it all out.

Give it a quick once over and if you still have questions drop me a PM

Best regards,

Will

Perhaps I have jumped the gun too early on as they say. Ok just keep my questions in mind when parts are ready in 2010. IMO your target price seems in the ballpark.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for probably 1 maybe a second one (add typical price disclaimer )
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me in for one+ ..... of course if price in the ball park THX

------------------

Steve25

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve25Send a Private Message to Steve25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested.

------------------
Steve AT 88GTP DOT com
88 GT

Rixthetrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RixthetrickClick Here to visit Rixthetrick's HomePageSend a Private Message to RixthetrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Í am interested all the way down under, here in Australia.
I can't wait to see a photo of the production model.

Thanks so much,
Rick
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are seriously going to reproduce the Factory ship thru t-top weatherstripping put me in!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock