Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (47954 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
Docs87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Docs87gtSend a Private Message to Docs87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks...lol i feel kinda dumb since it was on this very page just higher up...i started reading on the very first page
IP: Logged
michfiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michfieroSend a Private Message to michfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Will

Haven't gotten a response on my PM...was wondering what was going on...hope nothing bad has happened. I really need to take some action now on my seal (really leaking bad)...so if the new one you offered isn't available within the next week could you please issue me a refund.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by michfiero (edited 12-12-2010).]

YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any idea when the seals will ship? I do need it.

John
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will expect an order from me in the next two weeks !!

Thanks again for your efforts in putting together a great product that we sorely needed.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Guys and Girls,

I have been off line for a few days and wanted to bring you up to date on your Gen III seals. I met with my extruder today. To say that I am so frustrated that I am about to go postal is an understatement Last year when I started this project the tool and die work was supposed to take 6 weeks. It took 5 months. In the end though I was very pleased with the quality of the extrusion so all was forgiven. When I ordered the tooling for the corners it was supposed to take 3 weeks, it took 10 weeks. I was supposed to get my first production sample the first week of November, I got it the Monday after Thanksgiving and the rubber was hard as rock. So I ordered the new material and as of today I still have not seen the EPDM molded piece but I had a very heated meeting via phone, with the molder (in Europe) and was promised the new piece would ship Thursday (tomorrow) morning via DHL and be to me Friday or Monday. I am very disappointed that the progress I have made had been so slow as I was very clear from the onset what I wanted and when I needed it. Being a very small client for these guys has often put at the back of the line but I have learned patience over the last year. I will post pictures when the new sample arrives. I have to see the sample in the new material before I place my order before I give production approval as I am committing to several hundred corners and the have to be perfect.

PM me if I have missed any replies to you.

Will

Will
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious. What durometer is the EPDM? 55?

John
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
Carlos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarlosSend a Private Message to CarlosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Will,

PM sent.
blkpearl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well when this comes through you should have alot of orders. I need one and know of about 4 others locally who need a new seal.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump cuz my trunk is full of water yet again....
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE ***** (It's about FREAKIN' TIME )

I met with a new molder a few days ago and they are working on the new tooling. I am supposed to have their first prototype shipped to me next Wed. I will be traveling next week but home on Friday.

On another more embarrassing note. I had a massive hard drive (hardware & software related) failure with no back-up (long and humiliating story, I will spare you the details) one week ago. I sent the drive off to DriverSavers and they "might" be able to extract the data off the drive for $3K OUCH!

I have lost 12 years worth of email, images etc. so I learn a very expensive lessons on keeping 2 back-ups. If any of you have contacted me via email (not PMs they were saved) drop me a note so I can update my info, just in case my drive can't be salvaged.
PFF
System Bot
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent .....
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand your grief on your HDD failure ... I now have a Raid5 file server at home ..... can you PM me shipping the seal to Levis Quebec, Canada, G6V-9T6.. Thanks

Danyel

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll send u my paypal/emails again to your email address...
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ouch that one is big loss. hope you can get it all back.
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's the progress?
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone heard from Will? Several emails and PMs have gone un-answered long enough to bring up concern. Will's a stand up guy so I hope he's okay if anyone knows what's going on chime in.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will is fine. He is on the road traveling doing the photoshop seminar thing. I talk to him every couple of days.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Finally, a long overdue update on the new corner molds. They are in production!

The second prototype came from the new molder and as such I have some very good new! The price is actually going to be lower on the new corner than we had hoped and there will be NO PRICE INCREASE from molded corners. The new extrusion will be lower in cost to the point the the new Gen III seal will be the same price of $95 + $15 shipping to the US.

Some of you have been waiting for over 3 months for the new corners to go into production and I will be in touch with each of you with a "special" compensation for your very long wait. If you need a temporary seal (I know some have been putting up with leaking old seals.) I can send you one of my Gen 2 seals to use until the Gen III seal is ready and you can ship the original seal back in the new seal box at my expense.

The big question is when will these be ready? I have been told by my new molder that the final production pieces should be in my hands the last week of Feb. and I should be able to ship the finished seals immediately thereafter.

Will

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YAYE!!!
dmcgreene

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmcgreeneSend a Private Message to dmcgreeneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome iv been watchin this thread for awhile and may get one
PFF
System Bot
RhinoDj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RhinoDjSend a Private Message to RhinoDjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I definitely will need one of these...the duct tape isnt quite holding my decklid seal together very well...Thanks PO!
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news.............great job!

HAGO!
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

I know these wont be in production for a couple more weeks but I dont want the post to fall off the face of the earth

Looking forward to my 2 seals
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump?
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice work,
PM sent
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<bump> We placed a group order for our club members last year. Highly recommended!!

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent I will take one!! NICE JOB!!!!

------------------
87 FIERO GT ( CHOPT TOP IN PROGRESS)
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a pm.
Raven88

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Raven88Send a Private Message to Raven88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...Gonna need one of these one day soon mine looks like it went thru a shredder or something.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Hey kids, I have been out on the road for a few weeks been kind of sidelining but have some great news, the final corner plugs went into production today! I got the final revisions last Friday and no more changes are needed, I should have them in the next couple of weeks (holing for 2 weeks). I will post pictures of the final Gen III seals this afternoon. I have about a dozen seals that were paid for several months ago which will go out first but I will have enough corners and extrusion to fill virtually ANY size order.
I will also have the first production unit with me next weekend at JimmyS' Drop and Swap for those in the FL area that would like to review it. I will likely send seals down for the Daytona show, if I can't make it maybe Dean or Joe can show/deliver them for me. I went in a slightly different direction with the final production corner and used a slightly firmer material that looks more "show" quality. I know a few of you still preferred the mitered corners and I can still make them but the Gen III is so tough you will likely never need to remove it when doing service work.

More this afternoon

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

PFF
System Bot
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will PM sent
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

***** UPDATE *****

Hey kids, I have been out on the road for a few weeks been kind of sidelining but have some great news, the final corner plugs went into production today! I got the final revisions last Friday and no more changes are needed, I should have them in the next couple of weeks (holing for 2 weeks). I will post pictures of the final Gen III seals this afternoon. I have about a dozen seals that were paid for several months ago which will go out first but I will have enough corners and extrusion to fill virtually ANY size order.
I will also have the first production unit with me next weekend at JimmyS' Drop and Swap for those in the FL area that would like to review it. I will likely send seals down for the Daytona show, if I can't make it maybe Dean or Joe can show/deliver them for me. I went in a slightly different direction with the final production corner and used a slightly firmer material that looks more "show" quality. I know a few of you still preferred the mitered corners and I can still make them but the Gen III is so tough you will likely never need to remove it when doing service work.

More this afternoon

Will

yaye, that's good..can't wait to see the pics & in person.
Let us know when the orders start shipping.

good stuff.

EmilioD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like to buy one of your trunk seals, would you send me information about availability, mode of payment (i would prefer Paypal) etc.

Thanks

Emilio

------------------
Emilio

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EmilioD:

I like to buy one of your trunk seals, would you send me information about availability, mode of payment (i would prefer Paypal) etc.

See page 1 of this thread...

Welcome aboard!

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

EmilioD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EmilioDSend a Private Message to EmilioDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all for the welcoming words.

------------------
Emilio

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EmilioD:

Thanks to all for the welcoming words.

Emilio,

PM me your email address and I will send you a PayPal invoice so both you and I can track it.

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 02-28-2011).]

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will you have a pm. I messed up the email address that I gave you, damn IPhone.

Dave
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Will you have a pm. I messed up the email address that I gave you, damn IPhone.

Dave

Dave,

Resent, no worries

\/\/

YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you shipped mine yet?

John
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock