Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (47955 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received the seal a week or so ago and took it to a Cleveland Fieros meeting. We installed it after the meeting. It fit well; much better than my el-cheapo fix. We were able to compare it to an original side-by-side and it looked very good in comparison. I hope it lasts a long time.

Thanks for getting these together, sorry no picks, but my car is terrible looking so it wouldn't be good marketing anyway!

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Custom Corvette / MR2 electro-hydraulic power steering
17" rims covering up 11.25" rotors with Cadillac Calipers & drop spindles
2010 Secretary
Cleveland Fieros
Cleveland Fiero Club

IP: Logged
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, if you have not sent mine out yet, please let me know when phase two is ready, i may just wait untill then. Let me know how soon???

Joe
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi gang,

All current orders have now been shipped. Joe your seals have the new "Phase Two" bonding and the joints are nearly invisible.

Will

P.S. There will be a "Phase Three" but that is going to be a major investment of time and money and we (that would be me) are exploring the tooling costs to see if it makes sense to proceed.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Hi gang,

All current orders have now been shipped. Joe your seals have the new "Phase Two" bonding and the joints are nearly invisible.

Will

P.S. There will be a "Phase Three" but that is going to be a major investment of time and money and we (that would be me) are exploring the tooling costs to see if it makes sense to proceed.

Will have you sent them out?

thanks
Joe
MTFIERO

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MTFIEROSend a Private Message to MTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Will,
Got the seal and installed it today. Great Job!!
Before

After
garage monster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for garage monsterSend a Private Message to garage monsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too received a trunk seal and well worth the money. A Big plus from me.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
nutherproject68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nutherproject68Send a Private Message to nutherproject68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got mine installed 15 minutes ago. It looks great! The installation was easy and I was pleased to learn that I can remove the weatherstrip when I work on the engine. I swear I could hear the old one tearing anytime I was leaning over the trunk.

Great job Will.

------------------
Current vehicles:
1986 Fiero GT
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
Next Project: 1959 Ford F100

Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And here's one on a Mera. Now I have to restore that back plate behind the trunk (unique to Mera), where the PO put silicon glue all over to hold it in place.

Really nice, thanks Will.

Tom
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

PM sent

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still waiting........
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Hey gang, sorry I have been off line for a week or so. I had an interesting travel adventure last week. I was in 2 separate tornadoes! One in Oak Brook, IL just hours after having lunch the legendary Paul V. Then 2 days later in Minneapolis airport Friday night (which I even have pictures of). I think I must attract bad weather lately.

Tim (fieroparts.com), check your PM's your seal shipped and will probably be delivered tomorrow.

Joe ( Team Race-Tech) your seals shipped last week on Friday and should be to you this week.

Tony (Fierosound), your seals shipped last week Wednesday and should be to you this week.

Tim (Mickey_Moose) your seal shipped last week Wednesday and should be to you this week.

I will be home tomorrow evening for 11 days (not working will be a real treat) but I have both of my parents in ICU, both have late stage Parkinson's and both are needing any and all the TLC they can get.

I have finished seals on hand for immediate shipment. as well.

I have had a a couple of people mention the new adhesive leaves the corners kind of stiff so I called the manufacturer and he told me that is normal and the first time you "crunch" the seal to break the surface tension it will soften. Seems to be the case on those I have tried it on as well.

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-28-2010).]

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also recieved a seal but, not directly from Will. I actually bought it from Fiero Jon at the Carlisle show. WOW!!
I have to say the quality is amazing and totally worth the money. I can't wait to see what you have coming down the pipe. Kudos Will-Jason
skwrks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skwrksSend a Private Message to skwrksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I received my seal the other day and just thought I would show the differences between it and a NOS one that I happen to have.

edit >> installed the seal today and I must say it fits alot nicer into the corners than the NOS one does, so a plus for having the squared corners.

First thing I noticed was the corners, the seal on the 'inside' is the NOS:

Another change is the NOS one is 'notched' around the latch area - also notice that it has 'holes' in the edge every 6" (I assume this is to allow air to escape when it is compressed):

...and finally, you can see the profile is very similar (NOS on top), however the 'groove' that grips the sheet metal to hold it in place looks far superior on infinitewill's seal (looks like it will hold much tighter). The gap on the NOS one is wider, infinitewill's closes up tight:

I have yet to fit the seal to the car to get an over all impression, but from what I see so far, it is a quality reproduction, although not an exact copy but close enough that 99% of the people out there will not notice the difference. The seal also came packaged fairly good and it is marked which side goes on the engine side.

I you need a new seal, this is worth the money and not some hack job - thanks infinitewill

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 07-10-2010).]

Jakesdads86gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

Will - PM sent
kalel14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kalel14Send a Private Message to kalel14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

I paid for a seal on 6/29. Got a ship date?

-Russ

[This message has been edited by kalel14 (edited 07-20-2010).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Hiya gang,

I am sorry I have been "off-line" for the last several days dealing with some serious family heath issues. To make matter worse I have been is western NE the last few days and have had no phone nor internet service only to find that I can't reply to PM's again!

I have 5-6 trunk seals that were supposed to ship 2 weeks ago and those of you who have seals on order please check your regular email as I can't seem to reply via PM. My last batch of extrusion was riddled with pin holes so I had to reject it and make new seals. You can drop me a note at wmthammond at gmail dot com and I can get you tracking numbers and shipping dates

I left these in the hands of an associate that has kind of thrown a wrench in the works and my regular helper is out of town. I know it ultimately is my fault the shipments are late but I am up to my eyes until next weekend as I will be in Frazee this weekend.

Thanks for your patience,

Will

------------------

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Will, have a new batch ready for sale?
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yee Haw! I FINALLY got my PM's working again! I freakin' hate using free WiFi in airports, it totally screws up your browsers. All of you that have PM'd me have been replied to

\/\/
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will it was nice to meet you this past weekend at the Tyler show ! I have to say very nice product and I don't have a Fastback anymore, I will for be ordering one of your seals to have in "stock" just in case.

Kevin

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd...04' 3400 V6 swap!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Will it was nice to meet you this past weekend at the Tyler show ! I have to say very nice product and I don't have a Fastback anymore, I will for be ordering one of your seals to have in "stock" just in case.

Kevin

Kevin,

Great meeting you as well! I can't thank you, Fred and the other members of the Midwest Fiero Council enough for the award! Sorry I had to split so early but with the folks in the hospital it didn't leave much time for socializing this time. I mentioned to Fred that we are planning to be at Fiero-rama in Sept. I am hoping to connect with Fred for a group PPG shoot. (How cool would that be?)

\/\/
Larry O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry OClick Here to visit Larry O's HomePageSend a Private Message to Larry OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to get a seal from you if you have any left. Please let me know how to order.

Thanks!

Larry
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Hello all, I finished up a new run of seals yesterday and am shipping out all current orders both today and tomorrow. I know some of you have been waiting quite a while and I can't thank you enough for your patience! I am also stock piling a bit of extra inventory as I only have a week off (first time in 4 months) so I won't have to deal with long ship time again. I will send out tracking numbers this evening as well as tomorrow morning. For those that have been asking both of my folks are out of ICU and doing as best as can be expected giving their prognoses. Thanks for all the good thoughts for them I know they appreciate it!

\/\/

------------------

herkdriver

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for herkdriverSend a Private Message to herkdriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, I ordered a seal in July, any idea when it will ship? Thanks

George
FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Will I ordered a Trunk seal July 5th any update on when I will receive it. Thanks Ron

87 FIERO GT ( CHOPT TOP IN PROGRESS)
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR
herkdriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for herkdriverSend a Private Message to herkdriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just got my seal-looks fabulous. Thanks for all the hard work.
George
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
George,

I just noticed you had sent me a couple of PM's! I didn't even look at them! Glad you seal finally made it there safely.

Thanks for supporting my project

\/\/

------------------

Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,
My forum pm does not work, and I really want to get a trunk seal.
Can you e-mail me at bidenn@hotmail.com so I can get on the list?!
Thanks!!
bb
Jakesdads86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

The seal arrived!!!

Looking forward to installing it. Thanks.

Bruce
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will I received the trunk rubber I'm using it on the Chop Top that I am building this trunk rubber is incredible . Big thumbs up !! Worth every bit of the wait. Thank You!!

Originally posted by FIEROSMIGLA:

Hello Will I ordered a Trunk seal July 5th any update on when I will receive it. Thanks Ron

08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROSMIGLA:

Will I received the trunk rubber I'm using it on the Chop Top that I am building this trunk rubber is incredible . Big thumbs up !! Worth every bit of the wait. Thank You!!

Ron,

Maybe we will see your new choptop at Daytona next year?

Will
Fiero John-OR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero John-ORSend a Private Message to Fiero John-OREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it. Installed it. R&R took the better part of ten minutes. But that included the funeral for the old seal.

Very glad I bought it. Well worth the wait.

Thanks again Will.

John
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Ron,

Maybe we will see your new choptop at Daytona next year?

Will

You will definately see it there I live a few miles away from the track , I owned over 100+ Fieros sad to say only one made it to the show. This Chop top will be there for sure. Your trunk gasket is the best it good to see someone take something to the next level . Hope to see you there .

As soon as the clip is painted that gasket will be on!!

------------------
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELP!!

I ordered and paid by credit card for two GT trunk seals in August, and they still have not arrived. I have tried tracking the shipment and the only message that shows on the USPS site is that on "August 26 USPS should expect the package for mailing." " This does not indicate receipt by USPS or the actual mailing date." The tracking number is 0112 8882 3003 0336 4761. Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong trying to track it. Have the seals been sent yet. I sent two PM's but have not gotten an answer. Is anyone else still waiting for their seals? I am in the middle of an engine swap and wanted to finish it off with a new trunk seal.
Arlyn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArlynSend a Private Message to ArlynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

HELP!!

I ordered and paid by credit card for two GT trunk seals in August, and they still have not arrived. I have tried tracking the shipment and the only message that shows on the USPS site is that on "August 26 USPS should expect the package for mailing." " This does not indicate receipt by USPS or the actual mailing date." The tracking number is 0112 8882 3003 0336 4761. Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong trying to track it. Have the seals been sent yet. I sent two PM's but have not gotten an answer. Is anyone else still waiting for their seals? I am in the middle of an engine swap and wanted to finish it off with a new trunk seal.

Same thing here except mine was USPS on Aug 13. Guess he's busy.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arlyn:

Same thing here except mine was USPS on Aug 13. Guess he's busy.

If there is a production delay, no problem, just let us know so we won't think the seals are lost in shipping.
Arlyn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArlynSend a Private Message to ArlynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well worth the wait. A great product.
currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else having a problem with these being about 2" too wide
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by currie68:

Anyone else having a problem with these being about 2" too wide

Paul,

The engine side (outer edge to outer edge) should be approx. 45" and the bumper side should be approx. 46-1/4". Check your PM's

Lemme know

Will
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock