Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (47955 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will, do you think we are still on schedule for the Daytona show pickup!?

BUMP

Brent
IP: Logged
Anavaree

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnavareeSend a Private Message to AnavareeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. really interested.

Jesse

------------------
There is no such thing as impossible, only different degrees of awesome.

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brent,

I just bonded up the prototype seal and I am supposed to pick up the bulk gasket on Thursday morning. I pretty sure I will have all of the orders filled by next weekend and will hand carry those that were to be delivered to the Daytona show with me. Building the jig for these turned into a much bigger PITA than I had expected (what was I thinking? EVERYTHING in this project has been a much bigger PITA that I had though ) As soon as the adhesive is dry and I can pull this out of the jig I am going to shoot some pictures and maybe get some video of installing it. It is cold and wet here today so I might have to wait on the video. With Stu's advice I was able to create a ducted vent system so at least I can work inside.

\/\/
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, thanks for the update! We all have high respect for you and this project you tackled. I am glad things are going good... and we will be awaiting the pics and vid!!!!!! Daytona is coming SOON!

People get your orders in, you know your trunk seal has seen better days!

Brent
an88_fierodiva

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for an88_fierodivaClick Here to visit an88_fierodiva's HomePageSend a Private Message to an88_fierodivaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much would shipping to the uk be please?
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How goes the assembly process?
Can't wait for pics!!
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
infinitewill will it be possible to see one assembled before the Daytona event?
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be on JimmyS' Fiero Fiberglass booth for the show and I will have a sample seal at the show. We will also be giving away a seal at the show.

\/\/
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a time frame for the delivery of those that were ordered?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will great to meet you !

Thanks for everything, and i will be ordering my seal soon !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-28-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wolfwolf:

Do you have a time frame for the delivery of those that were ordered?

Hi Ron,

I am actually in Appleton today to teach a class tomorrow! I should be able to start shipping the first batch of completed seals this week including yours. I get back home on Tuesday night so I will know Wed morning if my bulk material was actually delivered last Thursday as promised. At this point I am assuming it was. My jigs are done and everything should be a go. I was kind of disappointed I did have any full seals to carry with me to the Daytona show but I can't fret what I can't control

Will
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

infinitewill

2327 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by exoticse:

Will great to meet you !

Thanks for everthing, and i will be ordering my seal soon !

Tony,

Great meeting you in person and thanks for the kind words on the seals and badges! It has been frustrating with all of the delays but I think it is paying off with a great product. If it takes time to get it right, I've just had to put up with it. Hope you can find a use for the "Mr. Magoo" size badges as well

Will

P.S. Can't wait to see what Dean comes up with on the back lit badges
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How Much are they and where do I Order one?

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

How Much are they and where do I Order one?

The seal is $95 + $15 flat rate shipping. PM me your name and email address and I will send you a PayPal invoice.

Will
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Tony,

Hope you can find a use for the "Mr. Magoo" size badges as well

Will

P.S. Can't wait to see what Dean comes up with on the back lit badges

Already tinkering with some ideas !

Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw Will's sample seal at the show Saturday, we will NOT be dissappointed! The time, quality, and money he has put in this seal is MUCH appreciated!

THANKS WILL!

Brent
nathrak

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nathrakSend a Private Message to nathrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sample pieces look very promising, can't wait to get ours and get it installed ***moshes around the room with his winning "free seal" raffle ticket***. Thanks for taking on all the headaches of trying to create a much needed item for the Fiero community!

Jon.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"I'm soooooooo excited.......and I just can't hide it............I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!" Great job Will, and I can't wait until the day I get to shake your hand.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:
........ Great job Will, and I can't wait until the day I get to shake your hand.

Big-A I am going to be in P-burg on June 22 teaching a Photoshop seminar, we gotta get together and toss back a cool one in Tyler's honor I have a package for your car as well!

\/\/

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about some pics of your finished product?
I like to see what I'm about to buy.
How soon do you anticapte filling orders?
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indiana_resto_guy:

How about some pics of your finished product?
I like to see what I'm about to buy.
How soon do you anticapte filling orders?

I should start shipping by next weekend

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-31-2010).]

Sharkbyte

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkbyteSend a Private Message to SharkbyteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Badges look very clean.If they're backlit,Where are the suggested mounting locations?Also,very intrested in the trunk seal for my GT.$95+shipping,Right?
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkbyte:

Badges look very clean.If they're backlit,Where are the suggested mounting locations?Also,very intrested in the trunk seal for my GT.$95+shipping,Right?

PM me your email address and I will send you a PayPal invoice with the Daytona price we discussed.

Dean and I were thinking the same location he has his badges mounted but we will have to figure out a wiring point.

\/\/

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why can't we get any pics of this GT weatherstrip yet?? There is interest here too...

Its pretty difficult to buy without photos...

Thanks,

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, loaded, 5-speed

2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Camel:

Saw Will's sample seal at the show Saturday, we will NOT be dissappointed! The time, quality, and money he has put in this seal is MUCH appreciated!

THANKS WILL!

Brent

Couldn't have said it better, So I just said it again...

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Why can't we get any pics of this GT weatherstrip yet?? There is interest here too...

Its pretty difficult to buy without photos...

Thanks,

See quote below... That's next weekend. He doesn't have them bonded together yet. Just the raw material. But it looks to be far superior to the original while still appearing stock.

Originally posted by infinitewill:
I should start shipping by next weekend
\/\/

daddyengineer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daddyengineerSend a Private Message to daddyengineerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to get my two in the mail. The one on my 88 is ripped and I used my spare on my 86 several years ago.

------------------
Scott

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any seals been shipped yet Will?
Larry
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Larry,

Yours should go out tomorrow morning if I can get the bonding done before I have to leave for the airport. If not I will ship it on Sat. I have 6 seals in glue up right now and they should be ready to ship tomorrow morning as well.

Will
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good Will. No rush, I was just wondering what stage you were at and didn't know if you had started shipping yet. You take your time and let that glue get good and dry and well bonded before you start shipping. A week, 2 weeks, what ever it takes. I know you're busy, I appreciate your efforts here and can wait.
Larry
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has been quite a learning process for me. First, I have learned to be incredibly patient (I have been like a little kid a Christmas time) while waiting for the tooling (x4 sets), prototypes (x3 sets), extrusions (5 months instead of 6 weeks). Then building a jig for cutting the miters perfectly (a gigantic PITA, x4 sets of jigs) and then another set of jigs for glue-up and bonding (x3 sets at a time to cure). Then correct shipping boxes that won't cost a fortune to ship the product out or destroy the seal in shipping process.

Then of course the company that contacted my extruder about making the same product for them, using my designs (classy - NOT) which BTW was rejected and is also why I haven't posted any more pictures nor videos, let them do their own R&D. I will let one of you that installs one do that if you feel the need

Through all of this many of you have hung in with me and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support and patience as well. Now, I figure if I sell 10,000 of these I can break even

Pax,

\/\/
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on your sales and put me in for one. Just send me your paypal info and the set price.

Dave
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Good luck on your sales and put me in for one. Just send me your paypal info and the set price.

Dave

Dave,

PM me your email address and I will send a PayPal invoice immediately.

\/\/
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait for these to ship. I'm starting to work on the Fiero again and this seal will help me immensely.

I'm in the first batch to get shipped, right?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*Whistles*

So what's going on with this? Update please.
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tax boogeyman musta got him.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright you wiseguys

I just got home from the seminar run from hell this week. Casper, WY, Ft. Collins and Colorado Springs, CO, Helena, MT and then I got stranded in Denver last night. Man traveling sucks. I kept trying to post replies but Pennock's kept giving me an error saying my password was invalid but only on this thread!

Clem, your seal will ship this evening (but I likely won't get to the post office until tomorrow). Jon, I sent you a PM a few days ago (did you read it???) and yours will ship today as well. I also have Camel's and several others to take out of the jigs and pack up. I should have all of the current orders shipped by Monday.

Now that I am in production, I will post pictures. Apparently a few lurkers have been using my design ideas and even contacted my extruder to produce the same part using my spec (CLASSY) so I wasn't about to post pix to they could go use them to produce their own products

If the weather cooperates I will shoot an install video tomorrow as well. I believe Camel is going to do one when he gets his installed as well.

\/\/
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock