Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Haus of Guru: The Ultimate Car Build Off (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Haus of Guru: The Ultimate Car Build Off by bmwguru
Started on: 01-29-2011 11:02 AM
Replies: 577 (43722 views)
Last post by: Charlie64 on 11-19-2017 09:51 PM
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aah corvette, schmorvette.... Fiero's rule and it is a damn shame they had to sneak this cool car thru the bigwigs ducking the vette like that. Buncha pansies... I mean it is a mid engine rear wheel drive COMPLETELY different car right...!!

Congrats on your car man. it is lookin' sick!! Enjoy...peace

Pete

IP: Logged
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to give everyone an update...the paint shop has started preping and sanding my car. No photos today, but I'll have more Monday or Tuesday of the progress. Completion of this part of the project is still expected to be by next Friday.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I didn't get these posted yesterday, but here's what was accomplished...

Door jams painted with sealer...

Glad I didn't opt for the brighter (Corvette) yellow.

Now being painted with Millenium Yellow (also used on Corvette)

Body painting was supposed to start today, but they had a compressor failure. All is expected to be back on track tomorrow. I hope to have more pictures tomorrow night.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Welcome to the Millenium Yellow club!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 07-13-2011).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Charlie64:

Just to give everyone an update...the paint shop has started preping and sanding my car. No photos today, but I'll have more Monday or Tuesday of the progress. Completion of this part of the project is still expected to be by next Friday.

Dude you ain't messing around.

I'm impressed on how you're pushing this build along to "Git er done"... and done the hella right way.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man i can't wait to see this one done !
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's going to be a nice color.

Archie
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here my car was ready to go in for exterior painting

when a dent was found in the passenger mirror casing. They're going to repair that before proceeding.

On a positive note...I received a call from Weldcraft Wheels this at lunch today. My 10" wheels were ready and shipped today. Should be at my house by Wednesday.

Archie, your widebody kit is getting MUCH attention from other customers at the paintshop. People are looking forward to seeing my car in upcoming shows.

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 07-15-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I received a call from Weldcraft Wheels this at lunch today. My 10" wheels were ready and shipped today. Should be at my house by Wednesday.

Hey, I heard that.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Charlie will the new wheels have a larger lip ??
PFF
System Bot
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. Just an increase in width. Had to be done on the inside because of the composition of the wheel. I'll post pictures before mounting the 285s on them.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It might be cheaper to find another used mirror rather than let them fix that one. The body shop that painted my car billed me $200 to repair my mirror for a dent...I was not happy cause I could have just gotten a used one for $20
Dave
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok everyone...here's where we are as of today...

This morning involved the sealer...

And here was the first coat...

The shop is also doing video of each stage. Tomorrow will involve wetsanding with another spraying then clearcoat. The chin will get painted tomorrow as well. More to follow.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sick !
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's where we stand as of today...

Next will be wet sanding followed by another coat. I got the 10" wheels from Weldcraft today. The 9" wheels will arrive on Thursday. If all goes well these will all be mounted on the car this weekend.

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 07-19-2011).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love It

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 1997 BMW 328 85 300ZX

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Thomas. It's going to be a busy weekend for me if everything goes according to plan. I'll be doing the carpet, covering the felt pad with black vinyl, and changing out the amps for the stereo.

Oh yeah...and adding the shifter and e-brake boots you made for me

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 07-19-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keeps looking better and better !

Did they paint the car with the nose badge on ?
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're actually going to remove the plastic emblem and replace it with a larger emblem.
PFF
System Bot
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today's progress. This morning my car was sanded and ready for the next coat...

Though the picture doesn't show it...the nose emblem was removed and they're filling in the holes and repainting the area where the emblem was and prep it for the pewter emblem. Hope to have more pictures tomorrow. They're still expecting my car to be ready Friday.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is gonna be one sick Fiero man.... Wish you were my next door neighbor so I can take a ride in it. Gotta be fast and beautiful. You simply must smoke out those windows too... That electric yellow is gonna sear some eyes wherever it goes. A car like that MUST have the power to back up it's looks and it appears you have already made sure of that so it is a total package. Congrats man...peace

Pete

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How close are you to Fort Campbell?
BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's going to look great when it's done. Well, okay, it already looks great. I really like the widebody look without a chop.

Brad
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BtotheB:

Wow, that's going to look great when it's done. Well, okay, it already looks great. I really like the widebody look without a chop.

Brad

I concur...I always wanted to see an Archie kit on a non-chop, and this thread makes me drool, big time! Sharp looking ride, man...I'll have to look you up the next time I get up to DC.

Robert
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Axdrenalin:

I concur...I always wanted to see an Archie kit on a non-chop, and this thread makes me drool, big time! Sharp looking ride, man...I'll have to look you up the next time I get up to DC.

Robert

Gladly. I'll be headed to Kentucky in a few weeks. I may just drive this car and see what kind of attention I get.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the maryville, Tn area just south of Knoxville. Not sure where fort campbell is really.... Peace

Pete
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

I am in the maryville, Tn area just south of Knoxville. Not sure where fort campbell is really.... Peace

Pete

Ft. Campbell is in Clarksville, up above Nashville on the TN / KY state line area. Beautiful country (like all of TN, with less mountains) Charlie64, are you active duty Army, and headed to Campbell?

Robert
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Just going there to visit.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Charlie64

396 posts
Member since Nov 2008
I was hoping to have pictures today, but unfortunately that didn't happen. I did find out they are about 90% complete and should have it ready before COB tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed!
PFF
System Bot
JHarvey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is probably my favorite thread ever on here other than a few in the construction zone imo this is very classy and well built.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's what we have as of today. The shop did the second coat...

but want to work out some imperfections so they plan to give it another sanding then shoot it again. I'm now looking at completion on Tuesday. As far as the nose emblem goes....there wasn't a way to put the pewter emblem on the nose and make it flat so I'm probably going to go without emblems. I'll have to gauge how it would look with decals. Looks like I'll be very busy next weekend instead. I'll stop by the shop Monday afternoon and see if they are on schedule for Tuesday.

Just about everyone that has come to the shop has seen my car and have provided nothing but positive comments about both the cosmetics (Thanks Team Archie) and the mechanical (Thanks Team Guru). There's a Porsche specialty shop behind the building across the street from the paint shop. The paint shop owner knows the Porsche shop owner and wants him to come over and see my car when it's done. I'm very interested to see what his opinion will be

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 07-22-2011).]

sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just... wow.
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how much?

all said and done I'm guessing $28,500 spent for a car that looks better than any Vette made in the past 25 years and a LOT faster than any vette made in the last 50 years.
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

So how much?

all said and done I'm guessing $28,500 spent for a car that looks better than any Vette made in the past 25 years and a LOT faster than any vette made in the last 50 years.

If you're willing to share, I'd love to know as well what your total "investment" has been into this car. Even at 30k, it's hard to compare buying something new for that price that would be anywhere near as fast and unique!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's what we have as of today. The shop did the second coat...

That's nice. It's the first yellow MadArch widebody kit. I can't wait to see the wheels. Oh yeah, I think the wheels will set the car off. Thanks for deciding to equal out the two (widebody & wheels) for both the kit & wheels are an excellent combo.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-23-2011).]

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

So how much?

Would that be the total amount your asking for or this year alone??? You're closer to right for this year alone, but well worth it.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After checking all my receipts I've come up with how much I've spent this year alone. Of course this year is the year that matters since people actually WORKED on my car.

Over $29,500. Still money well spent. Hope to be posting pictures tomorrow.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok...here's the pictures I have today. Wetsanding and buffing completed. They have to put my car on a lift to get the chin on. I should be driving it home tomorrow after work.

They did discover the quarter glass from the Fiero Store were too long and will have to shave them down from the end so they will fit.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock