Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Haus of Guru: The Ultimate Car Build Off (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Haus of Guru: The Ultimate Car Build Off by bmwguru
Started on: 01-29-2011 11:02 AM
Replies: 577 (43722 views)
Last post by: Charlie64 on 11-19-2017 09:51 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Charlie absolutely gorgeous,..very jealous !
IP: Logged
JHarvey

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the quarter windows going to be solid yellow also?
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JHarvey:

Are the quarter windows going to be solid yellow also?

Yes. Decided that would compliment the look better.
JHarvey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure that will look great im assuming you got the idea from ryans car? Also did you ever consider having the quarter windows with the clear scoops? but having the panels painted yellow and having the clear area tinted black.
example- http://i284.photobucket.com...reenGT_Nov05_069.jpg
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sure that will look great im assuming you got the idea from ryans car? Also did you ever consider having the quarter windows with the clear scoops? but having the panels painted yellow and having the clear area tinted black.
example-

MinnGreen's GT right? I love that car.

I could definitely see that in yellow with the smoked/clear scoop.
JHarvey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes thats correct it is MinnGreen's GT

edit: the reason i mentioned these scoops is because it would give the car that more -wide- look. Seeing that the car is now a widebody with the scoops made into the body it would go great with the quarter window with the scoops.

[This message has been edited by JHarvey (edited 07-29-2011).]

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sir are inconsiderate. How are we supposed to look our cars in the headlights and honestly say we're not fantasizing about yours? I only hope I don't say your car's name while driving mine. That would be awkward.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

example- http://i284.photobucket.com...reenGT_Nov05_069.jpg

I'd been toying with this idea for over 7 years. I've seen what others have done and used that to make my choice.

I picked my car up yesterday. One thing I had to do was replace the battery. Tomorrow I put on the 10" wheels on the rear with the 285s and move the 255s to the front on 9" wheels with a 1" spacers. More pics coming soon.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Charlie64

396 posts
Member since Nov 2008

Originally posted by exoticse:
Charlie absolutely gorgeous,..very jealous !

Thanks Tony. Here's the most recent pics.

Here's a shot of my car with the paint shop owner. He was nice enough to wait around for me to get there after work.

I had to trim the quarter glass down on the back edge of both pieces so it would fit. Tomorrow morning I get the wider wheels installed.

Also tomorrow I hope to accomplish some of the interior renovations (carpet, vinyl, stereo, etc)

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 07-30-2011).]

lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would definitely consider painting the quarter windows black
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:

would definitely consider painting the quarter windows black

I agree totally.

That is about the only thing i would change, otherwise it is showstopper.

PFF
System Bot
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I agree totally.

That is about the only thing i would change, otherwise it is showstopper.

times 3
I would also paint the little triangle right in frt of the window.
I am looking forward to seing pics of the car after you install the back wheels
How big of a tire are you putting on the back ?

Great job to all who worked on this project

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok...something like this?

JHarvey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or or or the quarter windows with scoops and clear section as seen above =p

Edit: quickphotoshop

[This message has been edited by JHarvey (edited 07-30-2011).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's going to be cool.

Did you ever get any pics of the widened rear wheels before you put tires on them?

Thanks

Archie
lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes...loks much better to me with the black qrter glass. as stated before the triangle behind the mirror should be black and i would do the gasket at the base of the sideview mirror black also. too much yellow and it comes of looking like a macco job. they paint EVERYTHING...no masking off.

------------------

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be posting the before and after pictures later this evening. As far as the "everything yellow" that was my mistake. The shop suggested I go with black on the glass and the triangles, but I rejected the idea. Fixing that now. I will say this...the car rides GREAT!!! Many compliments from employees and customers at the tire shop this morning for both the look and the sound! Thumbs up to Team Archie and Team Guru!!!

For now here's a comparison. The wheel on the left is the 17X8. Center is the widened wheel to 17x9. Right is the 17X10. I'm now running 255s up front and 285s on the rear.

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does look great, but as everyone suggested, go with the black quarters and triangle piece on the door. Too much of the same color just gives me the impression of a cheap spray job.
turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the stock quarter panel with clear window would look good and show off the engine vents nicely. The car looks great!!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More daylight pictures.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok...here's one of the guys at the tire shop mounting the BFTs (Big Freakin Tires)...

Here was the before picture from this morning...

and the "after" pictures...

Also now with black quarter glass and triangles...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I also started taking out the interior panels and center console for repainting. I'm also working on fabricating brackets for my racing seats. I have 3 point harnesses I can use until I get anchor points welded in for 4 point harnesses.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie this last picture is perfection ! Now that is what i am talking about !!!

This is my new screen saver.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-01-2011).]

lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the crowd goes WILD!!!!! MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Outstanding! Probably my favorite custom fiero of all time! I only wish I could have one too like that someday...

Please tell me that parking pad is not where she's going to live?!?!?! I really hope she has a nice warm place to sleep away from the beasts that mother nature lets attack outside dwelling autos.....
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. Yesterday evening I pulled the passenger seat to match up with my racing seat and the plastic as well as the center console to repaint them properly. Today when I got home I was outside in the dark pulling the driver's seat and the plastic on that side. Had to repair the plastic around the e-brake and around the speaker hole. I just cleaned and conditioned the Mr. Mike's leather seats. They sure cleaned up nice, but as all of us have experienced at one time or another...the seat mechanism covers are broken. Another $32 to the Fiero store.

Anyone know where I can find the 4x6 fiero speaker covers? Otherwise I'm going to have to get creative. I figure while I have the seats and plastic out I may as well do the carpet and put vinyl on the worthless felt board behind the seats.
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice .....very nice!
That color is great!
al
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Charlie64:

Here was the before picture from this morning...

and the "after" pictures...

Nice MadArch kit and the 285s look sweet!!! The black sail window gives the car contrast and breaks up the yellow.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...
The car looks great !!!
Madcurl said it in the right words.

Keep us posted about how people react to the car
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Keep us posted about how people react to the car

Do tell !

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be posting more pics soon. I failed to take pics of what I've been doing since Sunday. Will provide more details this evening.

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 08-04-2011).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know what I would do with that panel you just painted black, just paint the outer edge, about 2", black, keep the inside yellow.
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks incredible, Love the yellow, However I have never really been a fan of the corvette taillight conversion. If it were my car I might have some black or better yet carbon fiber accent put in the center between the vette taillights to kinda break up the yellow just a tad. To me the rear end seems just a bit too ......well, yellow.... Other than that it is perfect... peace

Pete

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Car looks incredible, Love the yellow, However I have never really been a fan of the corvette taillight conversion. If it were my car I might have some black or better yet carbon fiber accent put in the center between the vette taillights to kinda break up the yellow just a tad. To me the rear end seems just a bit too ......well, yellow.... Other than that it is perfect... peace

Pete

I agree, much like the quarterwindows, a touch of black in the back would go a looooooooooooong way,
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just watched the video the paint shop did on my car. Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 08-08-2011).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin really sharp !!!

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful work.
Your car is amazing...so much so that I thought it deserved a wee little "photo massage", just to show it off a bit more.
Hope you don't mind.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-07-2011).]

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Randye.

Here's what I've been doing after work for the last week up until yesterday morning. First I started off with removing the broken pilars to see about repair or replacement. Replacement won out so I acquired them from Justin at the Fiero Store. Since they were going to be painted color coming in was irrelevant...they just had to work.

I even did the center console again.

While I was working on that I decided I would do something about the gray carpet. I had ordered a replacement black carpet from the Fiero Store, but wanted to find a solution that wouldn't involve so much labor. The original carpet was still in relatively good shape and just needed cleaning.

So I tried the dye approach.

Then came the part of reconnecting the RCA cables from the amps to the head unit as well as upgrading the amps. This meant pulling the carpet back on the passenger side to better route the cables. When I did I found out how much dirt was still in the carpet so I resorted to carpet cleaner and vacuuming. It worked so well it also removed the carpet dye so I had to install the new black carpet. Was quite laborsome, was not an exact fit, didn't have the vinyl pads the original carpet does, and doesn't look right in my opinion because it's not as heavy. I went ahead and did a thorough cleaning on the original carpet and it should be dry by the time I get back from my trip. I'll give they carpet dye another shot and see how that comes out. I also installed the vinyl over the felt back board, but I haven't put it in the car yet. I still need to take measurements for the anchor point for my four point harnesses. I also need to finish the fabrication on adapters for my racing seats and sliders.

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Charlie64

396 posts
Member since Nov 2008
Here's a car I would have thoroughly enjoyed feeding "HUMBLE PIE" had I been in my car yesterday It's a Carrera 4S

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very impressed with the turnout of this car.

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need an update please! Can't wait for the final, finished ride!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock