Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Haus of Guru: The Ultimate Car Build Off (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Haus of Guru: The Ultimate Car Build Off by bmwguru
Started on: 01-29-2011 11:02 AM
Replies: 577 (43758 views)
Last post by: Charlie64 on 11-19-2017 09:51 PM
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Charlie, anything new ??
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie is off the grid until early September.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look what i found. Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai4aqPu6fuc

Got a chuckle out of the 1980 graphic they put on the screen !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-02-2013).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I haven't provided any updates in a while. Ended up having a clutch issue in September. I'm very disappointed with SPEC as this shouldn't have happened with only 6k miles on the clutch...not raced, tracked, or abused. Joey is picking my car up tomorrow morning with the "dawn patrol" so Dave can see what is going on with it. More to follow...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Charles check your pm, thanks.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave and Joey brought my car back Saturday. Both Dave and I agree it pulls harder now than it did when he put the new drivetrain and clutch in. Not sure if that means we got a "Monday" clutch from SPEC last time.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking forward to seeing what is next.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My suggestion would be to follow the SPEC recommendations to break the clutch in with 400 to 450 miles of "normal" driving Before pounding on it.

Have you done a normal break in on the clutch yet?

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

My suggestion would be to follow the SPEC recommendations to break the clutch in with 400 to 450 miles of "normal" driving Before pounding on it.

Have you done a normal break in on the clutch yet?

Archie

Followed their recommendations last time and put an additional 1000+ miles on it before "getting on it". The last one just didn't work out the way it should have. This new clutch actually feels better than the last one. I'm following the recommendations again and we'll see what happens this time around.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Charlie64:

Followed their recommendations last time and put an additional 1000+ miles on it before "getting on it". The last one just didn't work out the way it should have. This new clutch actually feels better than the last one. I'm following the recommendations again and we'll see what happens this time around.

Good to hear.

Sounds like you might finally be able to enjoy your car.

You've earned it.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-31-2014).]

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I'm paying the price with the "BOSS"....remodeling one of our bathrooms and the kitchen is next. She watches entirely too much HGTV!!!!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, Charlie I know the feeling as the chop top cost me a master bath remodel for the wife and converting my Bar/pool room in to a playroom for the kids. So this time around I built her a car first and thought I was in the clear for the kitchen remodel .......... lets just say I lost that bet.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting how "We can do that" always ends up being "ME". And after it's done...."we" remodeled this...or "we" repaired that....etc.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

LOL, Charlie I know the feeling as the chop top cost me a master bath remodel for the wife and converting my Bar/pool room in to a playroom for the kids. So this time around I built her a car first and thought I was in the clear for the kitchen remodel .......... lets just say I lost that bet.

Ha, and I thouught I was all alone... I hadn't done anyting to my Fiero or hadn't spent much cash in teh last year or so since we were doing a first floor master suite addition. After that was well underway, I was cleared to go out for a very expensive new car. I thought we were done, (even steven), but just today she mentioned kitchen remodel. Do'h!
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got to drive mine again. Between medical issues and the car sitting uncovered in the Northern VA weather for about a year...ended up being hydrolocked. Fortunately Dave provided good instructions and I was able to get it running again. I plan on putting more miles on it while I'm home for Thanksgiving. The wife did get her full kitchen and bath remodel with a new roof so at least that's settled!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock