Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  #\ *doublec4* /# Official Build Thread (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
#\ *doublec4* /# Official Build Thread by doublec4
Started on: 02-26-2009 06:22 PM
Replies: 863 (69720 views)
Last post by: doublec4 on 12-31-2020 04:32 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm kind of in a rush right now, but I managed to snap a picture!

I'll have to take some more this weekend in a different setting!
IP: Logged
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found a different setting for the pictures, and I wanted some proof that I was driving around on "Drive Your Pontiac Day"

I really want to get some videos and I still need to snap some pictures of the sway bar for those who requested it on the previous page. I can't wait to get the LED lights in the mail, and I also have some nice red MSD spark plug wires that need to go on... needs an oil change too!
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
... Looks great man

I had my Fiero out today, as well. Doesn't look nearly as good as yours, though, I do love the drive.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did the paint job turn out?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments guys.

Quad,

the paint job turned out pretty good. No complaints really. Paint matches nice as you can see in the pictures, no runs or anything either. Overspray only a little in the wheel wells but no where else.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So today is my birthday. I scored the steering wheel I posted a few pages back!

It's leather and suede, looks great!

I picked up the short hub a few months back so the steering wheel will be moved away from me again. It's also flat bottomed so that theres more room for my legs.

I installed most of it today, but the horn button will not fit properly. Tomorrow I will come up with my own button for it.

Out with the old and in with the new! I'll post finished pictures tomorrow!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 07-02-2010).]

Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to drop by and tell you that i like what you have done. I do not normally care for notchies but yours is tastefully done. Props man.

Austin

[This message has been edited by Vendetta (edited 06-05-2010).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments Vendetta, I remember what your car looks like too and its slick!

I want to post the picture of my steering wheel installed, but photobucket is giving me a hard time.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Photobucket is working again

New steering wheel looks right at home in there! I love it!
Felix The Cat

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Felix The CatSend a Private Message to Felix The CatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris car is looking great, lovin the scoops.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

If anybody is looking for a steering wheel, I posted up my old one in the mall! Take a look!

My LED lights came in the mail today... I think two of the LEDs don't work... hmm
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
It's confirmed, one of the LEDs doesn't work

Looks like my car is missing a tooth hah

Also one looks like a nice blue, and the other a dull white

Time to ask for my money back or something
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went out to play with some of the Corvette guys last night downtown. Good time overall and some wild rides. Very, very LOUD. The Fiero was shown some respect too

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took a trip out today to see some waterfalls and came across a nice picture opportunity!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 06-20-2010).]

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congrats man car came out great!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Hopefully the new LED lights come in soon and I can finalize some mods on this thing!
Westy

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't see if you have explained this previously, but where did you get the fins running along the bottom of the rear fascia? Are they from another model or did you custom make them? Car looks Great!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Westy, those fins are fake shark fin antennas mounted at the bottom of the bumper. I got them from Canadian Tire, a local auto parts store for a couple bucks each. At some point, a real diffuser will be mounted down there, but for now those just fill some empty space. Thanks for the comments

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 06-17-2010).]

Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's exactly what I thought they looked like. It's an easy, inexpensive mod that actually looks decent.. Typically it is those random mods that look awkward and out of place, but nicely done. Beats the $300 corvette diffuser I checked into. Keep up the good work. One of the better nochies on here.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Westy, it cost a total of 20 bucks or so and yeah it looks alright for now! Can you send me a link to the Corvette diffuser you were looking at?
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Surely, I'm at work at the moment so I'll have to check my favorites when I get home. If I recall correctly, it's not really special. It's basically a piece of steel the runs the width of the car with the fins concept. Probably wouldn't be to hard to make something like it for someone who has the tools/materials.

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 06-18-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Westy.

Here are a couple pictures from a car show last night. I've been finally able to take the car out to a lot of shows and enjoy it! People had a lot of questions and nice things to say!

Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I could find the link of the real "high quality" diffuser I once saw. This one is a little more "homemade" but still doesn't look terrible IMO. I might look a little awkward with a stock aero bumper beings the exhaust cut-outs are open. I plan to add a little extention to the rear fascia to enclose the tips, and to match the nose spoiler I'm making. I personally like it just in the middle of the car instead of the entire width, personal preference I guess. Keep up your good work.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item518690c63d

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 06-18-2010).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those corvette diffusers look too flat. I'd like to go from the back cross member of the subframe, up to the lower edge of the license plate mounting area. That requires a bit of a curve. I looked at some other "universal diffusers" but they are also pretty expensive and being shipped from japan. I'd rather buy something being sold in north america.

Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. I think it more that I want to find something that works so I'm more apt to like just about anything. It's hard to find a "universal" anything that is going to work and look normal. No sense in dropping a few hundred on something that is just going to look stupid. I suppose I'll just have to keep searching for a decent alternative. Depressing.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If funds are right, I *might* try this one at some point (or something like it):

Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does that guy work? Having a little trouble wrapping my head around how that goes on? I got on the site and tried to find it, but didn't have a clue where to look. Have you seen it on a car or installed?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you go on google image and type in universal rear diffuser you might find some pictures of similar ones.

Check this one out

Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aaaahhhhhh! Got it. Makes sense, I guess I just couldn't picture it in my head for the life of me.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem, I think one of these would look bad ass on the fiero. We'll see...
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I saw your post somewhere about the aerokits.com bumper. That is basically what I want my rear end to look like, and it's at a real good price. I'm not sure if I have the skills to make it work just yet. Somewhat similar to fourpoint9's notchie rear, to a point.
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bumper I posted in another thread would require a lot of cutting and fitting but I wouldn't put it past a lot of people on the forum to make it work. For a long time now, I've been looking for more of a "bolt on" piece for the fiero aero rear bumper.
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, same here. I don't have the ability to chop it up and graft it together without something going wrong.
ClayTonto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

That looks like something a Georgia boy would do. LOL
I am talking to whodeanie about making a proper rear diffuser mod for the aero bumpers. One thats's simple, easy to add, and elegant.
He's game so far... Just need a couple more people to share the intitial mold costs.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the LED fog lights installed today. They come on with the parking lights.

I started a thread a while back about tapping into a 12V source thats hot with the parking lights. I found an easy and convenient one inside the front compartment.

Theres a light inside the front compartment (sort of like a trunk light) that comes on only when the front hood is popped AND the parking lights are on. If the parking lights are off, and the front compartment is open it still doesn't come on. Perfect! I cut that useless light off and ran the LED fog light wires to it. Now the only problem was that when the hood is closed, the LED lights won't work. Easy problem to solve. The little button near the hood latch controls that. Just grab your wrench and unthread the button. Then grab a small piece of wire and bypass the button by connecting the two wires. Wrap it up in electrical tape. Now the fog lights work with the hood shut.

I'll have to take a few pictures when it gets darker. You can see them in the daylight too, but it will look better at night anyways.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

That looks like something a Georgia boy would do. LOL
I am talking to whodeanie about making a proper rear diffuser mod for the aero bumpers. One thats's simple, easy to add, and elegant.
He's game so far... Just need a couple more people to share the intitial mold costs.

pm sent ClayTonto
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I managed to snap some pictures of the new LED "fog lights" (more like accent lighting)

It looks great at night with the HID lights. I wanted to get some pictures last night but it was raining. Maybe tonight, but it looks like more rain in the forecast. I also took a couple pictures of the exterior with the side scoops and interior with the new steering wheel. I haven't really taken many pictures of the interior lately!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 06-27-2010).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
I forgot, one more thing to add.

Since one of the LED fog light things I got in the mail didnt work, the ebay seller sent me a replacement pair. Well, I had one spare light... hmmm what to use it for?

Third brake light!

Mine has been burnt out for I don't know how long. I figured why not make a LED third brake light. Turned out that it was really easy and took all of maybe 15 minutes.

First thing you need to do is remove the third brake light and gather all of your parts:

Then, try and fit the LED light inside the stock housing. You may need to grind down some of the LED housing:

Then come up with a mounting solution (I used the supplied brackets and a little double sided tape:

Snap the lens back over top and test out your light:

I'll have to get night pictures of it and see how bright it is. At least this light won't melt the housing like the original bulbs did.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to show off my buddy's 85 Supra a bit. Hit the gym today with him and he brought it along. Perfect picture opportunity!

We're taking it back to the 80s!
kk86 2m6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kk86 2m6Send a Private Message to kk86 2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome car man. i need to start doing stuff to mine. i love the black interior. how much were those enkei rims? i want em!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock